Guess? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I was contacted through email about an opening for an analyst position. We set up a phone interview however on the day and time of the interview, I received a late email stating that it needed to be rescheduled. That was fine with me and I replied back twice with a new time and never heard from the HR coordinator again. This was very unprofessional and a courtesy email stating they found someone else or were not interested would have sufficed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Glendale, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other people, even though there were supposed to be more. A manager took us into the back room and we all sat at a table. The manager asked us about ourselves and we each took turns telling one another and then we had to remember what the others said and repeat it back. There were typical interview questions about experience and what we would do in certain situations. Towards the end of the interview we had to pick an outfit and then describe to the manager how we would sell it to a customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet customers if the store was really busy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Edinburgh, IN).

Interview

I applied online and they called me for an interview probably around 2 weeks later.
    It was so incredibly laid back, I felt really comfortable. They took me to the storage room (as most clothing stores will), they joked with me and interacted with their other employees while I was being interviewed.
    Everyone was very friendly and I kind of got the sense that the employees liked me. The whole interview lasted probably 15 minutes. I was not asked to pick an outfit in the end. The manager told me they would have to send something to corporate saying they wanted to hire me, and I got an email later that night with a digital contract giving them permission to run a background check on me. After the background check is done I believe I will either get an email or a phone call asking me to come back in and sign the papers for everything and then we'll be set.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous job.   1 Answer
    • What celebrity has a style you would say is most similar to yours?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time either in your work or in your school that you felt a major sense of accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • Asked me about my availability-   Answer Question
    • If you greeted a customer and they didn't respond, how would it make you feel?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond if you offered a customer help in shopping and they replied with "just browsing"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Davenport, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first asked to talk about myself and the things I liked, second question was about a situation and how I would resolve it, and third was how would I approach a customer if they didn't respond to me helping them and lastly I was asked to pick an outfit for a specific event

Interview Questions

• What's a situation school/work related where you had to be in a group and you had to pull more of the slack than the rest, what happened? How did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was sold on the Internship experience at Guess. A lot of information was provided but most importantly, the company fostered and nurtured talent at the time. I was interviewed by the recruiting department, operations manager, designer, and design director at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Guess?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Group interview very basic and easy. Simple questions to determine whether you'd fit the culture. Each person was asked the same question and shared their responses amongst the group. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The question where straightforward someone will hand you assessment and walk away.
    The process was not professional at all, not recommending doing the interview unless you don't have any other option.

Interview Questions

• write implantation of Factory Design Patterns,
      write implantation of Adapter Design Patterns,
      write implantation of Decorator Design Patterns,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Edgewater, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Something was off. "Store manager" (I think there were two who had identical voices!) called me directly just a few hours after I applied online on May 22nd. I was scheduled to interview on May 23rd at 3 PM, but as that store definitely loves its little clique, guess what happened... Yup they claimed the interview was at 2 PM instead. And to top it all off, I received an email from the GUESS saying they are not interested in me at 45 minutes before the supposed interview. =.= Lesson learned, ALWAYS ASK FOR AN EMAIL TO CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guess? in April 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed this interview! I applied over 3 weeks ago, and it took them awhile to call back. Once they did, my interview was the next day which happened to be a small group interview that consisted me and another young lady, she was 20 and I'm almost 23. The Store Manager Jen was really nice and pleasant, she was funny! She interviewed us for about 15 minutes asking about ourselves and our work history. I have three years experience and the other girl only had a year. She then told us the assistant manager would be in to interview us, she was around my age and she asked us the same thing, but more "what would you do in this situation?" Kind of thing. I've done millions of interviews but the other girl hadn't so she was more nervous and kept stuttering during her whole interview, I felt bad for her. All in all it lasted thirty minutes and Jen told us they still had more girls to interview (they were only looking for one person) she told us she would call us next week if we got it or not. She called me today and told me I got the position! Very excited to start working here!

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever handled a difficult customer, and if so how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

30-40 minute interview with the Director of Allocation and one of the Senior Allocation Analyst. Multiple basic interview questions. First, Phone interview with the Recruiter. Second, Face to Face interview with both the Director of Allocation and one of the Senior Allocation Analyst.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Name two of your biggest accomplishment
      2.) Why Guess?   1 Answer