Guess? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Guess?

2.2

Sort:

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I got a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. She jumped straight into it and started asking me several basic questions- Why I was interested in working in retail/fashion etc. She then moved me onto the next round of interviews. I went into the office and did 3 interviews for 3 separate departments (CRM, Factor Planning, Retail Planning). None of the questions were out of the ordinary, however they do ask if you are familiar with using excel functions such as vlookups and pivot tables.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was like most retail interviews questions about sales numbers people skills product knowledge interests in the company long-term situations where id have to answer what I would do there're a lot of confrontation questions dealing with internal and external customers as they call them

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest weakness that is applicable to the position you are applying for   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation what I put down for my minimum pay they approved and would not go up at all and when I applied I put the minimum that I could afford because I didn't want to scare them away

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I met one on one with the Store Manager for my first interview. My second interview was with the Store manager of another location. My third interview was over the phone with the District Manager. The questions were all very direct and to be expected. I was asked about my past work experience, why I was interested in working for the company, what I could bring to the store, ect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for a better wage than offered, but looking back I wish that I had. they offer low, but there is always some wiggle room.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I applied in an actual store for a management position. I happen to give my application to a hiring manager and he told me that I would be contacted shortly. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the District Manager called me and wanted to set up a personal interview! I met with the DM and she gave me a very relaxed and thorough interview. I was offered the job 1 day later. She even paid me more than I expected coming from a much larger company. I trained for 1 week and they paid me for that time and were very thorough with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• there were no surprises. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they offered me more than what i expected them to.

Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by the Store Manager to come in and get a feeling out. Went great and loved the atmosphere! Was called not a day later to come back and meet the District manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ARE willing to compete with competitors salaries! Looked at what I had wanted, laughed and said you're worth more. What a way to get someone motivated, right?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess? (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic Questions, Store Manager was very friendly. The store volume is 3.6 and they have a lot of freedom to merchandise. Very visual and the company is bery nurturing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Guess? (Atlanta, GA) in April 2008.

Interview

Right from the beginning all of the workers were friendly and upbeat. I could tell right from the start that it was a great environment to work in. The first interview was a group of myself and two others being interviewed. It was a lot of fun. Just seeing the work environment there made me anxious to start the job. And the amazing clothes and awesome discount as well. After that they did a background check which took a day and a half and I got a call with the offer. I took it and now I start on Tuesday. It was a great interview experience and it is an amazing company. Can not wait to start.

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Employee referred me. HR rep contacted me and talked to me about various opportunities that were open and what I would be best fit for. Scheduled an appointment for an in-person "informational interview" with the hiring manager and the VP. Answered questions about my background, experiences and desires for the position. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very quick. I received an offer and countered, the HR rep gave me her counter, which I accepted.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was a so awful and worst interview experience I ever had! I applied online and got a phone interview first. The HR told me that they do sponsor H1B visa for a international student and think I am a great fit for this position based on my background and scheduled an onsite interview for me. I went to their LA office for interview with two people. One is the Accounting Manager and another one is the Supervisor. When the interview started, the first thing they said is they do not sponsor work visa for international students. I was so shocking and angry! Why they provided me totally different info and why can't they communicate well in advance. Then they let me write down some journal entries and asked some so weird and confusing questions like do you know why we asked this question. Then I told them my thoughts and they just laughing and keep asking why do you think so? Really? Whatever I answered, the manager just had a strange expression and never gave back her feedback. During the entire process, I did not feel respected. At the end of the interview, the manager told me they need three weeks to make a decision. But I never heard back until now! This is a so terrible company!