Influitive Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Mark Organ

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The nature of a start-up is stressful and fast-paced, so it takes getting used to and work loads can get pretty big" (in 14 reviews)

• "Growing company that can experience growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

"Unlimited potential with some maturity challenges..."

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

This place, man...you could not ask for a better employer! Ridiculous amounts of trust and autonomy; a crazy amount of emphasis on empowerment and continued learning (you're given 4% of your base salary to spend on education annually); amazing culture with tons of transparency; legit equity opportunities for employees; so much market potential and we still don't have any direct competitors, although we're looking forward to their arrival...

Cons

Being a pioneer is hard, we're tackling a ton at once and can lose focus on what's most important. Go-to-market teams seem to act with immense urgency, other teams do not quite have the same fire. While everyone is friendly and awesome, some people seem to have been spoiled by the early success of the company. Cross-functional communication needs to be improved, there is too much tribal knowledge retained inside departments.

Advice to Management

Instill a sense of urgency across the organization and don't be afraid to challenge employees who push back. We're building something great and it's fair to expect employees to work 50+ hour weeks. I've never worked at a tech company where the vast majority of our engineering department appears to check out at 5pm, just sayin'...

2. "Good Company Culture"

I worked at Influitive full-time

Pros

Great team culture in Toronto.

Cons

Growing company that can experience growing pains.

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic, industrious people and good sales leadership, an enthusiastic CEO, and lean team. Love the daily syncs.

Cons

Just coming out of a bit of a malaise, but things seem to be trending in a better direction.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the meetings to a minimum. There's no need to have full-day meetings except maybe once a year, if that. There are too many tools and it gets overwhelming at times.

4. "Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Influitive is a great place to work. It's truly a fun company with unbelievably friendly, smart and genuine people. Our customers are phenomenal and overall, they believe in our vision and product.

Cons

Growing pains that come with a new product in a new segment with a start up company. Influitive is pioneering the Advocate Marketing space and doing a great job, however communication between teams could improve to provide for a better customer and employee experience. Teams are always open to listening to input, so I think this will get better simply with time.
    The company is working on improving careers paths, which will be great and very welcomed.

Advice to Management

Keep being open, honest and direct- it's very valued. Continue focusing on leveling up employees via education and opening up new paths for them inside the company.

"Nice company but not living to its full potential"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO and most people care about your success.
    The offices are awesome.
    You can tell the company is constantly trying to evolve and grow.
    The employees are amazing and fun to work with.

Cons

The company's is to sales focus and not product focus. We always have meeting highlighting our sales performance , but not the products performance. Since we are still a startup I think its much more important to focus on the product verses there sales performance.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the product, hire more engineers, work more with marketing. Try to make the product world class, because it has the potential.

6. "Great place to work and grow - fantastic remote experience"

I have been working at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I find the energy and motivation of my team to be amazing, despite a few bumps along the road the teams focus and motivation to achieve our mission is clearly visible.

I work remotely in the U.S. away from the Toronto headquarters and have had a fantastic experience so far. The company is very accommodating to the remote experience and makes a noticeable effort to make sure remotes are included in as many events at headquarters as possible.

The growth opportunities are definitely here and the company invests heavily in its people, much more so than previous companies I have worked for.

Cons

Onboarding could use some review, very much a pick it up as you go process at the moment

It is still an early stage company and with that comes a fast paced environment, the need to wear multiple hats and some un predictability. This isn't a con for me personally but I realize it may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Look into onboarding processes

Influitive Response

May 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your review, and your recognition of our remote experience. It's something we have worked really hard at, and we are still very far away from my vision in this area. Please keep the... More

"All that comes with a Start Up"

I have been working at Influitive full-time

Pros

Influitive is a very real start up. Growing fast, culture of hard work. Changes in processes happen constantly, bright ideas are bounced around, a good amount of recognition for effort (in certain areas of the business), a lot of hope and excitement for where this company can go.
    BEST is who we get to work with, conversations we have and the impact we often bring to customers. Cliche perhaps but for a company that is still young, we are bringing a tremendous amount of education, ideas and success - which is fun, and often fullfilling

Cons

Still a struggle to see how we are really performing across all parts of the business.

Certain parts/divisions of the organization certainly feel overburdened, and fairly so.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the roles and goals of each division and the individual within. Are they motivated to create the ideal outcome for growth of our business and our customers?

"Great vision, an opportunity for tighter execution"

I worked at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Influitive team is simply put, amazing. They are the smartest and most creative bunch of people I have ever worked with. They are really passionate about their work and are customer-first. The pace is fast and the culture is inviting.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much of a focus on culture rather than solving business problems.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping customers excited and engaged.

9. "Great potential"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Influitive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great potential in an emerging category of marketing. Smart people. Good culture.

Cons

Need a better strategy to begin to expand beyond early adopters of new technology and become more mainstream - especially with bigger and more strategic prospective customers.

Advice to Management

Think before you bring on new hires - make sure your strategy and financial plan can support the talent you work so thoroughly to vet and train.

10. "BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Influitive (More than a year)

Pros

*Collaborative working environment that makes you feel like your success 15 years from now is something they are thinking about.
    *Exciting to be part of a category creation as well as extremely challenging. If you are looking for personal and professional growth (along with the hard work its takes to get there) this is the environment for you.
    *Sales Team has a good culture with strong supporting players

Cons

*the remote experience does not always mirror what happens at HQ. That is understandable as it can't mimic it but this should always be top of mind with corporate as the challenges.

Advice to Management

*pay attention to the remote experience and ask "how are things going? Do you feel aligned with HQ? Is there anything I can do?"