KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 742 of over 811 reviews

3.4
Navigant CEO Scott McIntyre
Scott McIntyre

What people are saying about Navigant

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great People and a solid Business Plan(in 86 reviews)
  • "The culture is great.(in 35 reviews)
  • "There is a lot of flexibility to do the work you are interested in and the flexibility to maintain a good work/life balance.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Pay is good for consultant work(in 29 reviews)
  • "Competitive Salary; Benefits are among the best in the industry.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
  • "Everything!!! Poor management.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Long hours and some weak employees(in 20 reviews)
  • "Brand name, compensation, internal politics, those that don't fight for promotions or aren't close to upper management will be overlooked(in 17 reviews)
  • "Managers have poor sales skills and you depend on them selling to get work(in 17 reviews)
  • "Low compensation, lack of diversity(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Navigant and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

PAR

Dec 20, 2020 - Accounts Receivable in Denton, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay Benefits you can learn alot

Cons

no room to move up

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

I give Navigant a four star rating

Jul 1, 2021 - Patient Access Representative in Mitchell, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible, great benefits, vacation pay and sick along with holiday pay.

Cons

Navigant was taken over by Guidehouse and it becam all corporate

3. 3.0

Decent company; poor pay

May 10, 2021 - Research Analyst in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were great. Lots of smart, positive people.

Cons

I worked for Navigant Research, which was Pike Research until it was acquired by Navigant. Navigant's strategy seems to be to acquire start-ups and keep those employees' salaries suppressed. I did essentially the same work as folks on the consulting side but got paid about half as much because I wasn't on billable hours. I might have switched over but didn't enjoy the work enough to stick around.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Culture Shifts Since Acquisition, but Leadership Making it a Priority to Change

Mar 17, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and the work is varied, and mostly interesting

Cons

Culture has shifted since the acquisition but leadership is aware and attempting to take the steps to right it

5. 3.0

Corporate Machine

Jun 4, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues and some interesting projects. Good training opportunities available.

Cons

The larger it became, the fewer perks there were to employment. Executive managed seemed to stop listening to employees and were focused solely on bottomline. Long work hours with bonus pay that was not commensurate with extra hours worked.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Minorities/employees of color fired and quit at a disproportionate rate

Oct 22, 2019 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work schedule is usually predictable

Cons

While I do not know what the rest of Navigant is like, my year-long experience on the largest managed services project has led me to believe that this workplace is incredibly racist. For starters, the project is overwhelmingly white yet employees of color/employees of ethnic minorities are fired and quit at a disproportionate rate. To date, 5 out of the 5 employees fired are persons of color or from minority origins. Of the 16 employees that has left the firm, 9 come from minority ethnic origins. Moreover, project management created a "low-performance team." With the except of two individuals, everyone that has been on the team in the past or is current on the team is an employee of color/ethnic minority. Overshadowing the above statistic is the fact that when employees of color leave, they often enter more prestigious companies or more advanced roles. Meanwhile, white employees on the project with worse performance are given endless opportunities and positive attention from management to motivate growth and remediation. Egregious instances of racism occur on a frequent basis. Certain project managers constantly mix up employees of similar ethnic origins/language capabilities with each other. It is absolutely useless to escalate to senior managers because they are extremely close to the offenders and any reasonable person would see that their integrity is compromised. The only instance of HR report, that I know of, ended with the HR rep patronizing the reporter and laughing at her in her face. If you are not a white man from Long Island, avoid this place!

19 people found this review helpful

Navigant Response

External Communications Manager

We appreciate and welcome feedback from current and former employees. Navigant has a longstanding commitment to a culture that values and promotes diversity and inclusion, and does not tolerate any form of discrimination or inappropriate conduct. Navigant takes all accusations of discrimination or racism seriously and offers a variety of options for reporting, should someone have a concern, including an anonymous phone hotline as well as a website. Employee questions or concerns are routed to an independent Legal and Compliance team, and we encourage conversations with these resources to appropriately address and resolve issues related to the workplace environment. In the specific case of this posting, we have reviewed data on the racial makeup of the team and of those who have chosen to depart, and the data are not aligned with the author’s claims.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Guidehouse Transition Stirred Things Up

Mar 11, 2020 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

People were overall very focused on the culture at Navigant. Leadership was very involved in mentoring junior staff. Work life balance is possible with effective management. I loved the people I worked with - only reason I am giving it 4 stars.

Cons

We were acquired by Guidehouse before I left and there was a lot of challenges that were not effectively addressed. Most employees felt that leadership took a big payday at our expense. A lot of high performers left. Significantly underpaid and challenges negotiating compensation up to market levels. Overall feeling of it being a “boys club” and lack of strong women leaders in Healthcare. Promotion tracks are inconsistent with work experience. Hiring practices focus on “top tier” schools when many of our top performers come from state schools.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Good company

Mar 17, 2021 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is below the market

Cons

Horrible people, not good culture. No room for improvement

9. 5.0

Great

Nov 24, 2020 - AML Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Okay to work there anytime.

Cons

Not Bad to work there at all.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

terrible place to work

Feb 3, 2021 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

some nice people in my hiring class

Cons

management is idiotic and stifling, also rampant sexism in the workplace

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 742 Reviews

Navigant Reviews FAQs

Navigant has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 811 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Navigant to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Navigant employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Navigant. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of Navigant employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Navigant 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Navigant to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Navigant Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Navigant? Share Your Experiences

Navigant Photos

+ Add Photo
Navigant photo of: Our NAVPRIDE employee resource group participated in the 50th Annual Chicago Pride Parade to show support for the #LGBTQ community.
Navigant photo of: Navigant Boulder colleagues hosting a webinar during Pride Month.
Navigant photo of: Navigant colleagues participating in the DC Pride parade.
Navigant photo of: Chicago colleagues volunteer at the Greater Chicago Food Depository bi-yearly, repacking bulk food into family-sized portions.
Navigant photo of: For over a decade, we have partnered with North Kenwood Oakland School to host 4th and 5th graders for mentoring sessions.
Navigant photo of: In the spirit of community and alternative transportation, colleagues from our Boulder office participated in the 11th Annual Tube to Work Day and boarded rafts and tubes to float into work.
Navigant photo of: Colleagues joined the Covenant House International Sleep Out America event, spending the night sleeping outside as an act of solidarity with the millions of young people who experience homelessness.