Navigant Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Associate Director -"

Former Employee - Associate Director
    Former Employee - Associate Director

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best professional working environments I've ever worked. Opinions and skills were valued by my supervisors and subordinates. I was allowed to grow professionally and contribute to the growth of the organization.

Cons

Often times over-utilized (too much work, not enough time). Which is a good problem to have - the extra work/demand was recognized in bonuses/promotions, etc.

Advice to Management

Communicate more clearly to all staff strategic direction.

"Employee Friendly!!!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They do a lot for the team members in the Gardena office. Always festivities to celebrate to job we do. Has got so much better now that the VP we had for many years quit. No more nepotism!

Cons

Wish that we had same holiday schedule and policies as the Navigant consulting side.

Advice to Management

Stress to Sr. Leaders we are one company and rules shouldn’t be different for different divisions.

3. "Great variable pay but work / life balance is an issue for many"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This review is for the Banking, Insurance, and Capital Markets (BICM) group.

Variable compensation can be very high and is transparent / aligned to key metrics (i.e. performance rating and utilization).

It is a smaller firm when compared to Big 4, Accenture, etc. so there is less bureaucracy and more access to senior leadership.

Cons

Utilization expectations are much higher than comparable firms. Essentially anyone at the Associate Director level or below is expected to be utilized 100% of the time while taking on greater responsibilities in the areas of practice development, sales, and leading internal initiatives.

This leads to burn out among the Managing Consultant / Associate Director group as they have to work long nights and weekends to keep up with all internal and client demands.

Advice to Management

Reduce the utilization expectations for the Associate Director / Managing Consultant levels so they can push down more work to higher margin resources and devote more time to sales and internal initiatives.

4. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, unlimited skills development potential, exciting projects

Cons

Self advocacy is key! Senior employees who are managers are not always leaders

Advice to Management

Place more emphasis on bringing stars to the top faster.

5. "Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Consultant

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility - I can only speak to the healthcare performance excellence practice

Cons

Punitive culture, poor life work balance in performance excellence practice

6. "Great benefits and great company culture"

Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Billing Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked at Navigant in Chicago for about 5 years and was always treated very respectfully and independently, for the most part (cons, see below). In the last year or so of my time there, we were given the option to telecommute full time, which was a nice perk.

Cons

You're given the respect to work independently but towards the end of my time there they hired a couple of new billing supervisors who, you guessed it, micro managed EVERYTHING. However there was a lot of pressure on them to hit certain targets and that pressure trickles down.

Advice to Management

Push back on the Directors, when necessary, to stick up for your team.

7. "Do not work for this company!!!!!Run!!!!"

Former Employee - Par
    Former Employee - Par

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not one thing is good

Cons

Treat their employees with no respect at all

Advice to Management

Learn how to be leaders and how to talk to people without being rude about it..

8. "My current employer is Navigant and I work in the finance department."

I have been working at Navigant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of new employees that have the right mindset to improve the culture and environment at Navigant. It will take a LOT of time.

Cons

Employee morale is low; they are overworked/overutilized and there is extremely high turnover, including within the senior leadership team.
     Employees are mistreated, called out in front of other people during meetings. There is a tone across the organization creating a negative work environment that most human beings cannot stay in for the long term.

Advice to Management

A positive work environment with new leadership is needed as soon as possible.

9. "Political"

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great clients and smart people

Cons

Highly political and variable treatment of staff

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing leadership to retain talent

10. "Stay away."

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Navigant full-time

Pros

Decent pay and that’s it.

Cons

Drama. Disorganized. Last year they laid people off. Management is overloaded with work and gives work to other reps. You can't go to HR for anything because they will take the supervisor's side. Not to mention that some projects are very disorganized. One person tells you one thing and another one tells you something totally different. Starting pay is great but don't expect to ever get a great raise here. If you want to move to the insurance department you have to get an interview first and it's considered a lateral move to them. You would figure they would pay you more, but they don't. You get trained for the main system the company uses but once you get out on the floor it's a totally different story. Seems like they only care about the amount of money you collect. Hence, this is not a collection agency. They do no offer bonuses for collecting money. You're not allowed to eat on the floor because they found a rat once. You're not allowed to have your cell phone out on the floor as well. Yet, management is always doing both of these things. They get on to you about productivity if you don't meet their "expectations" yet, there's some days where you prob get 30 calls a day. They have leads as well to help out, most of them were helpful with the exception of a few that are very unprofessional and will make faces when you ask for assistance and are very rude about helping you with someone.