Navigant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navigant Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2018

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

One phone interview, then a 5-hour in-office interview, which included giving a 30 minute presentation. It was comfortable and relatively casual, and worked to make me feel welcome and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant in March 2018.

Interview

I had a screening call and then 4 phone interviews with two Associate Directors and 2 Managing Consultants (apparently this was a mistake and it should have only been one managing consultant as per the two I spoke with). Everything went very well and all four put positive feedback (or told me they did) into their HR system as well as every single one informing me that they had a "great conversation" with me. I was additionally told that I did very well on their technical questions. I was also a referral, so knew what was going on behind the scenes.

To my understanding, I was supposed to be made an offer. But they have a problematic, and apparently rogue, internal recruiter who I happened to be assigned to. Not only did she lie to me stating that I did not meet technical experience and "other necessary skills"(when pressed on WHAT skills were missing, she claims she never said that, but I have it in my email...), but she tried to sell me into a lower position at a lower pay, but without making any such offer (I asked directly if she had an offer for me). She also refused to put in writing that after X amount of time and proof of Y experience that was said to be lacking, they would upgrade me to a Managing Consultant with the requisite pay if such experience and skills were truthfully lacking. Apparently the truth is that they had two managing consultant positions open and they filled both right in the middle of my interviews, hence trying to sell me on a lower position.

I told her I wished to think about the "lesser position" and sent an email two days later asking if they would meet my current salary (which was like $3,000 more than the range stated). I never received a reply and nine days have now passed.

The team sounded like great people and I would have loved to work with them and shared knowledge with them. Had they progressed with an offer matching my current salary even in this "lesser position," it is highly likely that I would have accepted just to work with these guys doing some awesome work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between TCP and UDP?   1 Answer
    • If I wanted to elude traditional AV, where would I put malware?   1 Answer

Apr 16, 2018 – External Communications Manager

Thank you for your candid comments about your experience with Navigant. We are constantly evolving as a firm and strive to provide all our candidates with positive experiences. We will take your... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

Meet & greet the night before. Recruiters were friendly. Negative aspect was that after the interview, they sent us an email saying they'd let us know their decision in a week, but I didn't hear from them for two months. I reached out and they told me that there were currently no interview slots available, whatever that means. I emailed back asking them to clarify if I was on a waitlist but never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Listed 4 qualities consultants had and asked you to tell them about a time that you exemplified each of those qualities (i.e. communication, teamwork, etc.)   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Coordinator Interview

Interview

For a role that requires 1 year of experience and a bachelor's degree, I've spent 3 hours over the course of the last two weeks doing 4 separate phone screens, just to get in the door. I can't really speak to the next phase because scheduling a day off to meet with them was too much after the phone screens. Very nice people. Just an entirely exhaustive process that's difficult for people with full-time jobs. It is disappointing because I'm more than qualified for the role I interviewed for and felt genuine rapport with my interviewers. From what I can tell, the next round entails interviews with 3 people followed by lunch with a team of 5. Again, this is an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Primarily experience and goal focused. Tell me about your experience doing X. What tools did you use doing X? What interested you in the role? How does this align with your career trajectory?   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your thoughts on the interview process - we are continually working to improve and make it as streamlined and efficient as possible for candidates. We'll take your comments under... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview early December. I did not hear back from them until early February when they finally decided to set up an interview. The first interview was a 1:1 Skype interview. The interview took place 45 min before it was scheduled for which threw me off. The interviewer solely asked me behaviorly questions. I did not hear back for another 3 weeks when I finally found out I did not move further along in the process. The interview process and timing of contact was way to long. Interview itself was unorganized.

LTS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navigant (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

1 hour on campus (half hour 2 on 1 fit interview, half hour informal conversation with another consultant)
    3 hours on-site (3 individual half hour fit interviews, brief introduction and closing with manager, brief presentation on what team is about)

They put a heavy focus on getting to know you and if you'd be a good cultural fit, not just if you have the required skills (most of their applicants probably do)

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest hobbies/interests outside of work and school?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through the career site at my university in December and received a reply in February. After filling out the required forms I scheduled an interview the following week. The interviewer was a nice guy and really easy to talk to. He spent the majority of time explaining the position and all he asked was for me to talk about my job history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Typical phone screen with HR followed by a super day with two senior members and a case.

This place is a complete joke.

I foolishly interviewed for Navigant in February and am yet to hear a decision. The reasoning? The firm is yet to review my performance [reminder: I interviewed in Febuary]. Thankfully, I took a position at a top-tier hedge fund and put this horrible experience behind me.

For prospects
    Glassdoor can be misleading. This review is not. I'm not the person who desperately needed a job and I would never waste my time writing this review unless I felt strongly about my opinion. Steer clear--you will pigeonhole yourself into an eternity of hell. If you have the skillset, and even if you don't, do not waste your time. You will have better exit-opportunities as shift-leader at Denny's.

For those "Think for myself" types:
    Although you may not have the same experience as I did, you would never [at least if your a career oriented person] want to work for a company like this. disorganized, unconcerned with its human capital, lack of interdepartmental communication, the list would go to the moon.

You get the picture: don't waste your time. If you do, may God bless you.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, Why Navigant, resume walk through.   1 Answer

May 21, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

We appreciate the candid feedback. We're sorry you did not have the best experience interviewing with Navigant. The Firm is constantly evolving and we will take into account your experience and... More

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Navigant.

Interview

Negative experience. I took the first round on campus. I am the last interview time slot, and the interviewer was texting during the interview, which makes me feel disrespectful. I don’t think she pay attention what I answer.

Energy Efficiency Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navigant (Boulder, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to give a 20 minute presentation to a group of 6 employees. After that I was interview by that same group in both one-on-one and two-on-one sessions. The interviewers styles and topics of interest ranged and made for a useful as engaging process.