Newforma Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Brock Philp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mostly good people to work with and good work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Great people and very sympathetic managers (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • there are also some people in the upper management who are not on the same page as everyone else and it is clear who they are (in 4 reviews)

• No one knows if they have a job or what the direction new management is taking (in 3 reviews)

1. "Energized and customer-centric"

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

People, collaborative and supportive environment, high energy and great values. The leadership team is very transparent and want all to win - customers and employees.

Cons

Cant think of any - people are encouraged to get involved and grow. This is not a place where people are allowed to skate or hide in a cube. Those that do are not a fit and get weeded out or self-select out and leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - this company is evolving into the workplace I love being a part of.

"Lost Cause"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Manchester, NH

I worked at Newforma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As other reviewers have said, it was once a great place to work but that is all gone now.

Cons

- Product is an outdated and stale client/server platform.

- Sales are extremely difficult due to the infrastructure requirements. The only thing keeping the lights on are the existing install base.

- Prospects and Customers are leaving for new competition in the market or threatening to leave due to lack of development.

- Layoffs happen about every six months with the most senior, experienced people being the targets.

- No career growth potential.

- Rumors are that, despite the recent change in ownership/leadership, that the company will soon be up for sale.

- Weak communication between leadership and those out on the front lines.

Advice to Management

Advice to people working there in general, not just management, update your resume.

"Now really bad shape"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Newforma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It used to be wonderful company, nice benefits, higher job satisfaction, customers oriented company

Cons

Lately lot of changes made it a sinking boat. Top management do not hear any feedback from employees. All change decisions are really worst.

Advice to Management

Do something to restore minds of people who really work for you

"Good Benefits, Bad Company"

I worked at Newforma full-time

Pros

Majority of employees are very welcoming and friendly. The benefits package (health, 401K, PTO, etc.) are relatively good.

Cons

Company is falling apart. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't exist in 6 months or less. No growth.

Advice to Management

Make sure your current employees are taken care of, motivated and happy. Training should be more in depth for new employees.

"RUN"

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

None anymore, company has been gutted by new investors.

Cons

Morale at an all time low... No one knows if they have a job or what the direction new management is taking. Employees were lied to to sell shares of company stock so acquisition could take place, and now scores of people have been laid off with more to come. Everyone is looking to leave and I don't recommend getting on a sinking ship. Sad from what was a great company who used to truly care about their employees and treat everyone with respect.

6. "A good company that treats it customers well"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Newforma full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that cares about its employees as well as customers. Always willing to invest in those that invest in themselves

Cons

Lost some culture while bringing in many outside people into senior management.

"Management"

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Newforma full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a lot of interesting things to do and a lot of good helpful people you're working with.

Cons

The quality of the managers has only gotten worse as more and more new high level people are brought in and if your manager is one of these new people that doesn't know what they are doing your day to day work life can be miserable. Management doesn't know how to move forward and it's making a lot of bad decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that know something and are trying to help. Do what you say you are going to do, don't continue with empty words.

"Change, redirection, fresh look"

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

The Company has been undergoing much change in the past 6 months, setting itself up for it's new arrival into the world of Cloud Services and Mobile First vision. Change in leadership across all organizations giving a fresh look at our future. As with any company that undergoes change, there is some hardship, disagreement, culture change, acceptance, excitement, energy, passion and many learning and career opportunities. I'm reading the reviews over the past 6 months, and you can see all of this in those reviews. It's about realingnment, predictability, and providing our customers value continuously with Cloud vs. once or twice a year with Enterprise solution. We still have challenges, and we'll get through them with people that are committed and on board with Company direction. What company doesn't have challenges? We hear that the technology engineering is using for implementing solutions is the latest and greatest Cloud technology available. Great place to learn and grow and exciting for all of us and new employees alike.

Cons

Some people look at change as a negative. Change is hard, but we can learn from it. How we handle it, how we embrace it, how we move forward with it determines whether we as individuals are successful, which in turn makes the company successful. The changes have had an impact on morale across the organizations, causing some people to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Keep plowing straight ahead and through the challenges. Keep listening to the feedback from customers and employees alike. Both have much value. Strike the balance. Hire passionate, experienced people who want to work with the latest and greatest technologies, and Cloud solutions for engineering, marketing, product and sales.

"Great company, moving in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Newforma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, good comp, good benefits, everyone has the same goal of moving the company forward. work / life balance is great!

Cons

A lot of change in the past year. Most of it was warranted and as we all know, change is inevitable for growth, but can be difficult to go through. Product Development has been slow, which creates a roadblock for sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Employees love working here, mainly due to senior management and the culture you have created. Stay focused on new product development.

"A Little Concerned"

I have been working at Newforma full-time

Pros

The company's best asset is its employees. Great people to work with at all levels and departments.

Current customers mostly love the product and renew year after year.

The CEO is a respected leader who's had to make some tough decisions, but his success is dependent on the direction moving forward.

Cons

Behind on the cloud aspect of the company, but leadership has clearly realized it and is doing its best to catch up before falling behind. However, if it's not successful, the company will for certain be left behind. As an employee, this is concerning.

Advice to Management

There's still an opportunity to right the ship here, so please make sure to get the product to where it needs to be.