PointClickCare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PointClickCare Chief Executive Officer Mike Wessinger
Mike Wessinger

Pros
  • There is a lot of flexibility around work-life balance which really makes a difference for me (in 10 reviews)

• free lunch, gym, perks all around (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing at a very fast pace (in 8 reviews)

• no cons great company to work for (in 11 reviews)

1. "Support"

I have been working at PointClickCare part-time

Pros

Industry leading product, great culture, great to be a part of a winning team

Cons

It can be hard work, always more to do than there are hours in the day. Company is growing quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and customers as we mature into being a large company.

"A loyal employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company, lots of potential

Cons

Agree with the Jan 13th 2017 reviewer, the COO drove some of the best leaders out of the company in favor of his incompetent cronies.

Advice to Management

Do something. It's been over a year now that we are in complete disarray.

"Awesome company making a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The founders are awesome, as is all of the long time leaders. This company truly makes a difference in creating thoughtful tech to help take care of our seniors, and the folks running the company really care about what they do. The company has a number of perks for employees and their offices are spectacular. The culture is overall great, as the company has really bought into the vision and direction of Mike & Dave Wessinger.

Cons

Not many Cons, however there is a major one, the COO. He maintains a double standard when it comes to leaders that falls under his responsibilities. He's either chased or exited exceptional leaders out of PCC who were very capable and delivering results, in favor for his people who are both unqualified and just plain incompetent. He claims to be against politics, however he is one of the main creators of it with his one on ones meetings with most of his managers under his many layers below. This stems from his need to control everything and everyone. Just a horrible experience working in this leaders organization.

Advice to Management

The company values are strong, and core senior leaders get it. Fix the COO problem. He's ruining a great success.

5. "A good start for hopefully a great journey"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer

Pros

The interview process was standard and smooth.
    They took the time to explain the work expected to be done ,which was great

Cons

I did not find any important cons so far , but all their offices are in cold locations.

"it could always be worse"

Former Employee - SME in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - SME in Denver, CO

I worked at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Great company vision, products, benefits Nice to work from home

You feel a sense of worth from your clients just not so much from management unless you are in the click.

Cons

First off this is an honest review of how it can feel to work in a specific department. I can't believe the whole company is this way.

Certifications. How does taking a test every week of your life for the first 6-8 months of your career sound? Knowing that if you fail 3 you are fired.

Senior & Middle Management (non-home office) The workload is very stressful. The management team are managers not leaders. They have very poor leadership skills. They sometimes imply your job is threatened with deadlines. When you work 45+ hours per week you are told not to document that. Its bad time management on your end and your fault that you couldn't get it done in 40.

When the truth is that most people are overworked because the team is understaffed. I cannot believe that Home Office isn't realizing how bad the middle management really is. Most people love the company and their actual job when they are given time to do it. They love the other team members. But works sucks when the management team gets involved. They have no relationship building skills what-so-ever. When they try, you can feel that its forced and it becomes comical. You know the only time you speak with management is when you're doing something wrong or they are giving you more work.

Mike the CEO gave a speech at the Christmas party about believing in people and how important each individual is and how the management team needs to have a leadership approach etc. It was a very good talk. I believe he and his team truly care about the culture and their people. But I think the lower level leaders must have been at the bar or something during that part of the meeting because they missed that message by at least a mile.

Bottom Line here at this company.... People are not quitting on the company, they are quitting on the managers.

By the way Mike and Dave are really great if you get to meet them.

Advice to Management

Re-train middle management or clean house. They are becoming the cancer within. They get promoted higher because they know people and know how to work the system to their benefit. Eventually they will be high enough in the company where their impact is much larger and they will be driving the company into the ground.

"90 days and counting..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

The culture is the number one thing that Mike, the CEO, preaches about in every town hall. PointClickCare practices what it preaches from the top down! People are what makes the company and people are what's the most important thing here.

As a remote employee, I still feel very much part of a true team. We have weekly meetings as a team, weekly touchbase with your supervisors (who never finds something more important to do as I did in my previous remote position), and a real comradery among the team.

After working for a company that didn't value you as a person and worked you to the last breath in your body, this is a true breath of fresh air. They truly believe that "Work Shouldn't Always Suck!" My most challenging day here was 100% better than my best day at my previous employer!

Cons

Moving a bit too quickly on some new initiatives. I think the product should be developed more before selling it to clients. PointClickCare was built on having a great product and I just want to keep that reputation in tact.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, especially on appreciating your employees. Most will go over and above when they truly feel appreciated

PointClickCare Response

Mar 11, 2016 – Recruitment Programs Specialist

Thank you! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding company growth and industry leader

Cons

Remote employees have little growth opportunities

9. "Tier 2 technician"

I worked at PointClickCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Too many to list. This company is based in Canada, not US, their values are much different. They truly care about the people, and not just work. "Work shouldn't suck" is their motto, and it doesn't here.

Cons

There is always room for improvement with all of us, so I am not sure about cons...I enjoyed my time there

Advice to Management

Rock on

"good possibilities.... but the company needs to slow down on acquisitions"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at PointClickCare (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has the vision to be successful. The owners really do care about employees.

Cons

Growing too rapidly to really understand the market and their processes. LIttle support or acknowledgement for remote employees. Creates unobtainable goals and metrics without considering work/ life balance.

Advice to Management

slow down and allow your staff to do the quality work they want instead of meeting unreachable financial goals for your pockets.

"Family-run business"

Pros

Friendly working environment
    Great co-workers
    Agile development methodology

Cons

Average salary
    Family-run business
    Inexperienced management
    Not innovative

Advice to Management

The company really had to hire more mid-level management professionals to run the company rather than relying on the founding employees as its management team.