QVC Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike George

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "QVC"

I have been working at QVC full-time

Pros

The benefits were the best thing

Cons

They pay was not so good

2. "Fast paced company"

I have been working at QVC full-time

Pros

Discounts, Food and some ppl r kind

Cons

Things change quickly. Customers can be finicky

"Responsible for inventory in the distribution center."

Pros

Great benefits. Time off requested is easily approved.

Cons

Tough environment. Need more support for supervisors.

Advice to Management

Need more Support for the line . No additional comments.

4. "Glass ceiling for minorities workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts on jewelry and other items for employees....

Cons

It seems like career advancement at QVC was one the hardest things I ever encounter at a workplace. Despite my background in IT field, I I was not giving any chance to join the IT department at QVC... I realized after three years working in warehouse that it was not a place for me to grow but to remain in a low level work environment....

Advice to Management

Management should take advantage of skills that new employees bring to the company regarding of their racial,economic background and sexual/ gender orientation .

"Digital Content Designer"

Current Employee - Digital Content Designer in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Digital Content Designer in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

QVC Values are relatable and inspiring, daily work tasks are fresh and motivating, colleagues are refreshing and motivating

Cons

Compensation is not always at the forefront, communication between departments is sometimes lacking, last minute changes in the business cause large amounts of thrash that need quick responses, career options/movement/development are very limited and lacking

Advice to Management

Speak to employees to see what they want to gain or are missing from the company, also express what are very real rewards within the company and what are not

"Order Entry"

Current Employee - Order Entry in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Order Entry in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at QVC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pto, advanced vacation if there over a year, you can offer your hours, you can also swap with yourself

Cons

Pay, pay, pay it will be hard if this is your only job unless your very young without any family type responsibilities, some supervisors act entitled, plays favorites, and will harrass you by constantly walking pass you if you perform well as a form of intimidation which caused me to switch shifts but I have the same problem and have caused no problems for the time I have been there, pressure to move to cs if you want a higher position. Your skills may not get you ahead but brown nosing will.

Advice to Management

CHECK your supervisors they are out here trying to use intimidation tactics for whatever reason to top performers.

"Bad luck"

Pros

Got to travel once for work.

Cons

Ended up doing something unrelated to my field

Advice to Management

Plan better

"Business and IT Struggle"

Pros

Fun projects to work on

Cons

Lots of conflict between Business and IT making it hard to navigate

9. "Good place to work"

I worked at QVC full-time

Pros

beautiful campus
    learned a lot and improved my skills
    immediate supervisor was excellent

Cons

work-life balance sometimes a challenge

10. "Great place to start career"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upon starting you are dropped into a team and get your hands dirty right way. I was put on a project that kicked off within a couple days of starting. It was very rewarding to get started right away. I have heard from other friends within my field that they have had to go through months of training before they were allowed to work on a project.

The environment is very easy to work in. The offices for IT were all brand new. Each desk is a standing desk. It is an open floor plan so you can easily walk over to a colleague to ask for help. Everyone is so hopeful. If you have a question you can ask anyone. If you need to talk to a particular person but they are busy they always make time to talk to you once they have a free moment. It is a very fun place to work.

There is a very vague dress code. Every Friday is the regular 'casual Friday' but you can easily get away with wearing jeans and a t-shirt every day if you wanted to. Which is nice because it's easy to work when you are comfortable.

The company uses Agile for development. This has been amazing. We are in constant contact with stakeholders. Making it much easier eliminating any issues that may come along.

Cons

The relationship between the business and IT is different than other companies. IT does not have much say on what projects that they can do. Which leads to some difficult situations when it comes to what should be prioritized.

Short term solutions become permanent solutions more often than not. It is understandable to have a couple of these occur but it is a unspoken understanding that 'short term' really means forever.

The business holds more power than IT. Since the business lacks technical knowledge and when there is an issue with the solution they have come with they are rarely in favor of the better solution that IT comes up with. It does vary from team to team though.

There are too many reorganizations. I have been at the company for just over two years and have already gone through two reorganizations. The lack of stability makes it difficult to continue with longer projects. If a project is supposed to span 18 months and 12 months in the team is changed time is wasted getting new members caught up to speed.

Advice to Management

Equalize the balance of power between the business and IT. Both areas are invested in creating innovative solutions for the company. Have few reorganizations. Throughput of work will move quicker with longer stability.