Redbox Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"FSR 1"

Current Employee - FSR1
    Current Employee - FSR1

I have been working at Redbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is little stress,if you do your job! Love working independently and not being micro managed. I love this company and would highly recommend if you like to work independently and don't mind working in the elements and changing weather conditions.

Cons

I have no complaints! There is nothing that I do not like my position with Redbox. No cons

2. "Overall a good job."

Pros

Plenty of independence. Good benefits- health/dental/vision/ 401k and more.

Cons

Use of personal vehicle. Near 800 miles weekly.
    Working in the elements. Either death by heat exhaustion or the frozen tundra.

Advice to Management

More family oriented fun. Used to be that way.

3. "Great place to work."

I worked at Redbox full-time

Pros

The work environment was great.

Cons

Bought out by PE firm which was not good for the company culture.

4. "Regional Supervisor"

I worked at Redbox full-time

Pros

Flexibility, company car and good pay

Cons

Micro managed everything, Supervisors have no voice. HR Dept. doesn't follow up on issue correctly. When you need to write up an employee for some major issue say like theft for example, they dont support you, because they want to keep the turn over rate down. So you will have teams filled with no employee discipline ..Stay away from this company. Also product rentals are going down. This will be another Bock Buster company going out of business.

Advice to Management

Nothing because they dont listen to lower management and to the front line employees.. Upper management mostly the Regional managers, love to tell lower management to shut up.. The other thing they says is your dead to me...I know this sounds bad but its the truth.. Its not all of them but a hand full of RMs and each one handles about 6 states..

5. "Tier II"

I worked at Redbox full-time

Pros

self mange pay company car Training

Cons

Training in IL, driving, Long hours on repair

Advice to Management

Ditch ECO ATM they are not fully onboard with Redbox and this cause's ticket delays.

6. "Worst company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Redbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They used to have great pay and benefits

Cons

Abusive employer.
    HR doesn't do jack.

Advice to Management

Quit micromanaging and give up this Automatic Write up BS for minor infractions and First offenses.

"Beware micro managers"

Current Employee - FRS!
    Current Employee - FRS!

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In theory you are left alone to do your job without too much interference. Great for self starters and those with attention to detail.

Cons

Your position is more than likely going to be micro managed by people who haven't actually ever performed the tasks they are critiquing.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who have better people skills. Ask employees their opinions. Value and respecting employees would also be helpful.

"It's more than just free movies"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Great Lakes, IL
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Great Lakes, IL

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free movies!
    Flexible scheduling!
    Paid mileage!

Cons

Corporate doesn't know how the field works!
    Occasionally stupid schedules!

Advice to Management

Listen to what the field has to say when they say they don't like the way something is done.

"Sink or Swim Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are there if you take them, but the reward for good work is more work.

Cons

Dying company morale is low. Very little training in the job; I had to really scramble to find out info just to do basics of my job. In other area, Human Resources did not give much information, so I had to find out a lot on my own by asking people, checking out website, etc.

Advice to Management

STOP the micro-management

"Don't. Just don't."

Former Employee - Fsr2 in Easton, PA
    Former Employee - Fsr2 in Easton, PA

I worked at Redbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is difficult to find any Pros other than the simple fact that it was a job/employment. If desperation is the only option, then go for it. Otherwise, keep on looking.

Cons

Very poor local management.
    They spent a lot of money flying me to their headquarters in Chicago for a week of training which, after all of the fluff and needless introductions to corporate entities that could not care less about the field, amounted to maybe 5 hours hands on training.
    Territory for an FSR2 in my area was enormous and with the metrics always being watched made for a tough time when upper management came calling.
    Lack of any leadership in the field. It was mostly "Go do this and don't bother me with any issues" (the local field manager had a side business that demanded his time over RedBox employee issues).
    No support or loyalty from peers. It was a definite "every man for himself" environment.
    There was supposed to be a company car provided but local management could never seem to get one for me in the time I was there.
    Extremely inferior technology that broke daily. Now, my job was to fix the kiosks. However, when the territory included more than 250 kiosks and half of them had issues at any given time, the metrics for up-time and problem resolution time became impossible to meet.
    The work/life balance was nonexistent. We were told that "technically you're not on call but if your phone rings after hours you better answer". And answer I did. My very first day on the job a fellow FSR2 flat-out told me "They will get free time from you". And they got plenty of unpaid hours of my time due to logging hours and mileage and support call details as well as unpaid travel time outside of the set-in-stone 8 hour workday. Never did just 8 hours a day the entire time but only got paid for 8 hours. "They" were keeping to a hard and fast regional budget at the time which cost employees time and money.
    These are just a starting point for the cons.
    Oh, and one last thing: The manager rewarded his employees for a job well done by ordering free shirts from RedBox and giving them away as rewards.

Advice to Management

Go home. The game is over. Inferior technological platform delivering an antiquated media to an unenthusiastic public.