SilverTech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Yuvraj Soggu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The benefits package is outstanding (in 4 reviews)

• The clients and my teammates are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance - Part of the growing pains is a feeling that we are running a bit lean at the moment (in 5 reviews)

• No one is forcing someone to continue to be employed here (in 4 reviews)

"Fun and exiting place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at SilverTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, amazing facility, extremely fun culture with many perks, room for career growth, a variety of exciting work projects... I can't say enough nice things about SilverTech. I've worked for large corporations and small start-ups and SilverTech has been my favorite place so far.

Cons

Open work environments have upsides and downsides

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Pretty much everything you read here is junk"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at SilverTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company that cares about its crew, its clients and the community.

Cons

If there is a con here, its the bashing on this website. I can't understand how someone could work here for "shy of 3 years" and be miserable. After all, I don't see anyone being forced to show up each and every day. Something must be wrong with yourself and your ability to obtain employment elsewhere if you had to stick though the "abysmal place" for that long.

Stop with the grudge and move on.

Advice to Management

Don't read the junk here. Nothing about the negative reviews is true. Keep charging ahead and keep caring about each other, our clients and the community like we do.

"More obvious?"

I have been working at SilverTech full-time

Pros

Great company. Growing company. Great customers.

Cons

Not many. Great company.

Advice to Management

The bad reviews are from the same 3-4 employees. Clear by the poor grammar and typos consistently made in the reviews. Sad that people waste their time. Keep up the good work

"Don't bother working here"

I worked at SilverTech full-time

Pros

Nothing positive about this company other than its a "positively abysmal" place to be. I realized shy of 3 years how toxic, unprofessional, and it was, and just how miserable everyone is there and was able to get myself out.

Cons

The owner is a know-nothing clown. He *THINKS* he knows a lot, which is hilarious—he talks so much and says NOTHING. Almost the entire "drone" staff say BS things like "Thats agency life" or "digital lifecycle" when in fact NO ONE there has been at a real agency or could even explain what a lifecycle is, or why focusing on a lifecycle is a huge mistake. They don't work with the customers' customers—everything they do is rushed, last minute, ill planned (if planned at all). They only know what they know, which only has a place in the early 2000s. The strategy team is a complete joke. The focus on deliverables, and reports that tell us nothing rather than working in a way that moves work forward. So much waisted time in poor ever-changing processes that make everyone chase their tail. Clients have a super short shelf-life, as do the employees (historically over 30% attrition which is very his for this industry). They can't keep any talent because EVERYONE hates working there. And everyone hates Nick. He's is a poor excuse for a human, and anything but a leader. If you actually like working there, you clearly have no idea what the real agency world is like and you are a scared "yes person" who does whatever they need to survive. This place will make you feel like you are decaying inside.

Advice to Management

Close up shop. You don't know what you are doing, and you shouldn't be taking money for it. Period.

"Tired of a few former employees trashing a great company"

Current Employee - Strategy
    Current Employee - Strategy

Pros

Great clients and great group of people are here. Let me bring a bit of truth to what I have seen here.... Anyone that has ever run a business or been part of an organization long enough can quickly read between the lines and know the intentions of leadership. This company buys lunches 4-6 times a month. Staff wanted better coffee, they invested in it... They provide full benefits to every staff member AND their families. FULL, as in zero paid out by staff. They take their entire company away for a weekend as part of the annual holiday party. They allow management to have team outings, golf events, beer over code reviews, etc. The amount donated to the community and non profits is amazing....possibly overkill. ALL OF THAT costs money and could VERY easily be in the pockets of the leadership team.

HR is constantly working to better the organization. Last year had some ups and downs but like previous reviews, the drama is finally gone. The company is so damn passionate about clients and their crew that it really makes it a great place for a career.

Lets now talk about the focus. The focus is indeed to grow... but I personally see this as a massive win. Without growth I would be stuck in the same position, doing the same things. Why would I want that? Looking forward to some upcoming trainings and some of the larger projects coming in the door to better my personal skills.

Knowing how other agencies operate, this is indeed agency life.... but this company works harder at listening to the staff and making things happen then most I have ever seen!

Cons

It is again, an agency. Not recommended for those not in the know of what that means. They are hell bent on hitting deadlines and doing what is right by the customer so it can impact your personal time. Generally this is made up on a personal level but it does have an effect.

Leadership is growing and maturing still.

The building can be difficult at times as people are spread across three floors and the 3rd floor is noisy, hard to concentrate, etc. While beautiful and "cool", it does make things a bit harder. Happy to see new "quiet" spaces being developed.

Advice to Management

Need better personable skills with certain leadership members. We are what drives the business and knowing us personally will go a long way.

Continue working on getting on the same page but don't quit the current focus.
    Hold more accountability with underperforming staff. They don't know what they don't know and could improve quite a bit.

"Right place at the right time"

I have been working at SilverTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel like I landed here at the right time. I came from another agency where things were rough. The crew, as the management team likes to call us, works well together. The benefits are pretty good. Being younger and healthy, I don't get to use them that often. I enjoy the weekly firesides and I really like the frequent updates. It is nice to hear from management about what is going on in other areas of the business.

The annual holiday party is a tradition that I understand goes on every year. I am looking forward to attending my first one later this year.

Cons

I can't really think of many cons.

I have read some of the reviews here and I don't understand how people are forced to "stay here". If you're unhappy, no one keeps you here. Feel free to leave. I left my old employer and came here. No one is forcing someone to continue to be employed here.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of right now. I enjoy working here. I am anxious to see the feedback on my first annual review.

"Drama exits stage left!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working here. The clients are a great diverse bunch of people. They all have unique challenges we help address.

The benefits package, overall, is well above average. I like the full health and dental coverage - not just for me but also my family.

The work environment is great for my work/life balance and includes flex time I need every once in a while.

Cons

I know my manager is aware and working on this but the PTO needs to be addressed. Sometimes the building gets cold near windows (it was built in the late 1800's). Otherwise, I'm pretty happy here.

Advice to Management

I heard about the negative reviews here and I would advise management to not listen to them. They don't convey the bulk of our team's view of how we're performing and doing. Keep at it!

I'm also glad the drama in the office has left the building recently. The past couple of years has been full of drama

"Awesome place to be!"

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The clients and my teammates are great people. We care about each other and about the outcomes for our clients. Sure, the benefits are great like everyone says but to me, it is really about the people here and our clients.

Cons

None that I can think of. We are all working pretty hard to get ourselves better and better each day. Our Leadership Team really cares.

Advice to Management

Keep things going in the right direction. Please don't pay attention to the few negative people who have figured out how to create accounts or whatever to post here on a regular basis. They will remain unhappy no matter where they're working. They just tend to be negative in outlook. Please try to avoid on boarding these types of individuals. They bring others down.

"No Complaints"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

I've been working at SilverTech for over three years. I love the people I work with and feel that the team really cares for each other and our clients. The work is challenging and the pressure is at times intense. From my perspective I wouldn't want to work anywhere that wasn't like that. I would suggest working here if you are driven to build a career and work with a team and clients that will challenge you. If you want to just punch a clock, I would suggest finding another place to work.

Cons

The negative Glassdoor reviews are ridiculous which is what prompted me to write this post. A few negative people have portrayed SilverTech as a terrible place to work and I don't feel that has any merit. I think those people will probably be complaining about every company they work for. We do have our challenges and areas of improvement just like any other business.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"Great Team"

Current Employee - Full Stack in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Full Stack in Manchester, NH

I have been working at SilverTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the team here. It's hard to find somewhere that people genuinely care about the collective success of the team and it's clients. There is an impressive amount of passion, dedication and talent. There's the expected professional level of flexibility to compensate for the sometimes crazy client schedules but it's an agency so that's the nature of client contracts. I feel that management is in it with us and appreciative. I took the job because I really believe in the Sr Mgmt vision that was communicated to me when interviewing, respect their approach and want to be part of making the business successful. There is ample opportunity to be part of the progress and opportunities here.

Cons

If you don't like working for an agency and want a 9-5 job than it definitely isn't for you. Anyone who has experience in the industry will expect that and as someone who has worked for large and small agencies and start ups, I can say this is a great and supportive environment even when it's a tough client deadline.

Advice to Management

Don't take the negativity on here as indicative of the whole. It's the nature of the site to draw more negativity than praise akin to happy customers don't give kudos anywhere near the volume that unhappy customers complain. Many of us have seen what bad management and companies really look like and are happy to be here.