KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SoundCloud Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2022

Found 118 of over 148 reviews

3.6
SoundCloud CEO Mike Weissman (no image)
Mike Weissman

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The

Apr 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for our view concern

Cons

Yes the view is good

2. 3.0

Major changes in management

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fun events, flexibility

Cons

Management was very poor and needs to realign

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very okayish

Jun 26, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The whole company is so chilled out.

Cons

Bad culture in all marketing teams (brand, growth etc).

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

SoundCloud is an awesome place to work! Love it here!

Feb 2, 2022 - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

SC onboarding experience was warm and welcoming. The mission and brand messaging is so strong and inspiring, makes you feel like you are really part of something important and next level in music. Also, the people here are ridiculously cool and creative. I feel cool just by association. SC workplace environment makes me feel cared for and supported because I get every tool and resource I need (maybe even more than I need) at my fingertips. I highly highly recommend SoundCloud to anyone that wants to work for the coolest music entertainment company on the planet!

Cons

I only have good things to say...sorry!

5. 5.0

very fun and exciting environment

Jan 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lon, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

very fun and exciting environment

Cons

no cons no cons no cons

6. 3.0

Tough business model

Jan 14, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool product and it is representing the creator economy.

Cons

It’s hard to compete with razor thin profit margin and exodus of talents.

7. 5.0

Love this company!!!

Oct 18, 2021 - Trust & Safety Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

European company culture is implemented, providing a much less stressful work environment. Work/Life balance is actually a real thing here!

Cons

The majority of my team is out the headquarters in Berlin. So I haven't gotten the chance to meet them in person because of Covid.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Leadership Vision + Low Compensation

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The SoundCloud brand is cool. The employees (outside of the C-suite) are diverse. Good work/life balance.

Cons

SoundCloud underpays compared to other tech companies. You can't attract or keep good employees this way. New leadership came in 2020 and has yet to figure out its footing or give a clear vision of what SoundCloud is. A lot of the initiatives make no sense for a DSP and seem arbitrarily prioritized by upper management. A lot of turnover.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall, not worth it.

Oct 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Globally known company. Brand with potential.

Cons

Be careful while interviewing, don’t be quick to drink the kool-aid, what they sell to new hires isn’t all that it seems. - Severely understaffed and top heavy organization with an ever changing/confusing business model. - Management proficiency is scarce and the lack of accountability at the senior and executive level is disappointing. - Terrible work life balance. Several meetings, long work hours, especially if you are a level 3 below. Poor for mental health. - The number of transitions and turn over have really affected company culture and morale. - Diversity & inclusion continues to be a “priority” but no one has time for it. - Salary could be better for the amount and quality of work expected. - If everyone who left SC in the last year submitted a Glassdoor review, rating would likely be much lower than it stands.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great

Feb 23, 2021 - Marketing Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people who love music

Cons

Nothing to say at this time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 118 Reviews

SoundCloud Reviews FAQs

SoundCloud has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at SoundCloud to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SoundCloud employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SoundCloud. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.

77% of SoundCloud employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SoundCloud 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SoundCloud to be diversity and inclusion, culture, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with SoundCloud Job Seekers