Cover image for Sutherland

3.8
Sutherland Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi
3,531 Ratings

What people are saying about Sutherland

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Not providing fixed salary and the salary is very low where they take a lot of work and providing very less salary.(in 378 reviews)
  • "Poor Management as far a employee needs are concerned.(in 331 reviews)
  • "Basic pay is low and interal job openings for core infra dept is not available for every one through portal instead through internal reference only(in 262 reviews)
  • "Each and everything was wierd... Bad Managers...(in 121 reviews)
  • "No job security and people are used like animals or donkeys to take burden.(in 56 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sutherland and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Overall experience of 17.5 years

Sep 3, 2022 - Operations Manager in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of these years have been a great learning everyday and enjoyed every moment of work experience

Cons

I didn't see any cons as such. I was given opportunity to learn new things and was given new positions basis of my experience.

Sutherland Response

Thank you for this amazing review. Such an inspiration to see you enjoying your stay with us as part of our One Sutherland Team for more than 17 years! Let's continue playing to win!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sutherland global services

Nov 16, 2022 - Licensed Life Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

their management team really does care about our work life balance. The managers here do everything they can to help anyone under their watch and are always happy to help you improve on what you're struggling with

Cons

the goal to hit commission is a bit high.

3. Join the Sutherland team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

My role was very steady and consistent

Dec 5, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pro of being the administrative assistant and processing insurance was fairly easy once I was taught the job duties. I also have my own desk, and I worked independently with minimum supervision. Easy job.

Cons

The company could be ran a little smoother. The Hr Manager is amazing and the cute director is hands on. The other leadership outside of the office is not hands on and are not very involved and don’t incorporate changes needed to improve employee experiences.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Never again

Dec 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative for AT&T
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to work from home is quite the boon so long as you can manage your time properly. The pay, while not outstanding, is fair. Benefits exist for all employees and includes health, 401k and PTO.

Cons

IT issues, constant IT issues. The pressure to perform while also dealing with near daily tech issues is overwhelming. When combined with some of the meanest and nastiest customers you may ever deal with anywhere the whole idea of a happy workplace gets thrown to the wayside. AT&T's policy of basically allowing a customer to say anything they please to an agent without repercussion is ridiculous.

Sutherland Response

We really appreciate your feedback and we're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. If you're happy to give us a chance to change the way you feel, please send the details to SutherlandExperience@sutherlandglobal.com. Thanks

6. 2.0