Tableau Software Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

207.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tableau Software~38125
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "flexibility and great people to work with(in 138 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and as employee it is easy to feel supported personally and professionally.(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and a fully(in 96 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 52 reviews)
  • "Free food and beverages in fully stocked kitchen and really fun activities/events for employees (company meetings/parties/summer bbqs and appreciation events).(in 28 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tableau Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best job, best company

Mar 2, 2022 - Lead User Experience UI Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love Tableau/Salesforce due to the flexibility, work life balance, successful management and great pay and benefits.

Cons

Still working through some growing pains with the transition of systems from Tableau to Salesforce.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 6, 2022 - Associate Technical Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is concerned about their team and the well-being of the individuals. Easy to use PTO without feeling like you are a burden on other team members Colleagues are ready to help you with cases or take them over when you are out. When there are issues upper management really does try to fix them. The majority of the customer is awesome. Interdepartmental communication is good and account reps are very helpful. Direct report managers are the best.

Cons

Feels like there is a disconnect from ground level to upper management on some topics. Moving up is sometimes ambiguous (depends on where you want to go)

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

It was a great introduction into the software world.

Mar 17, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved all the opportunities to grow and learn ( World-class training, coaching, mentorship etc... ) We also had a two-week boot camp that helped us get familiar with the product and refine our selling style.

Cons

At times it felt like a boys club, especially in leadership. The woman leaders we did have were very in their masculine and unrelatable. We grew very quickly and it felt very clunky. Communication was siloed within the orgs. and often times was conflicting ( For example we had a foosball table in the kitchen but told not to use it.... I didn't care about Foosball, but to me it seemed like the company wanted to seem "cool" for the outside, but that was not the reality we where living..) The atmosphere felt very negtive the last couple years I was there and I did not feel supported.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great product, acquisition changed things

May 13, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, smart coworkers, leader in the industry

Cons

Was acquired and processes changed, the company lost its culture which was somewhat expected but still a bit disappointing. Resulted in less of a focus on the product and helping customers, more of a focus on growth and increasing earnings

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

good place to work

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good product, good future.

Cons

Being taken over by Salesforce.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sliding Company

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller teams, fun tech, fun custmers.

Cons

Project being wound down. No longer growth-oriented.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place

May 2, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

people, leadership, teamwork, product, and vision.

Cons

There are always challenges when companies grow

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good Overall

Apr 30, 2022 - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management and intern managers care about the intern a lot

Cons

No downsides, glassdoor is awful though

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's okay for me but things aren't the best for everyone

Apr 21, 2022 - Premium Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Reliable job - Decent benefits - Remote work - Good team culture - Semi work life balance - Opportunities to grow

Cons

- Salesforce is bring lots of changes that negatively effect us - Senior management won't hire more people even though we need it - Pay is kinda low compared to industry standard - Not enough PTO

Continue reading
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Apr 20, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

the pay structure is a 90/10 split although this is changing soon to a 70/30.

Cons

not a lot of room for growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 992 Reviews

Tableau Software Reviews FAQs

Tableau Software has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,065 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Tableau Software to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Tableau Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Tableau Software. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

69% of Tableau Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Tableau Software 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Tableau Software to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be career development, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Tableau Software Job Seekers