Uncountable Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

206.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Uncountable~2308671
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "It is clear that management really believes in and cares about each employee.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic team, challenging work and a truly differentiated product

Nov 16, 2021 - Implementations/Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncountable has a fantastic team of smart, motivated and collaborative people — from the founders all the way down to our summer interns. We are tackling a challenging problem for customers across multiple industries, where you have the opportunity to learn new things on a daily basis. The product is truly one-of-a-kind in the functionality it offers to end-users across R&D organizations, and it's clear that the market is responding to the value proposition.

Cons

As the company scales at an accelerating pace, there are inevitable growing pains. Some more formal processes will need to be put in place, but in way that limits impact to velocity, innovation and collaboration, which are some of Uncountable's strongest assets today.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0

Unbounded Potential and Great Coworkers

Sep 17, 2021 - Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1 you are given agency and treated as an adult and a valued contributor. It is clear that management really believes in and cares about each employee. Snacks and LaCroix at the office as well as weekly lunches are also wonderful perks!

Cons

The plants in the office keep dying, because nobody waters them.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Diverse team

Sep 1, 2021 - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The San Francisco office has a great location and is a quiet working place to concentrate. The team is diverse, and accepting of all genders and international workers. There is a place for both new grad and experienced software engineers on the team, with experience on-boarding both. There is work available for both front-end and back-end development. Managers can be quite kind. You may have the opportunity to work at the Munich or New York City offices. More senior employees may work from home, depending on their manager. The company has many clients from around the world, so there are many opportunities to expand the product.

Cons

Not a typical start-up if you are looking for a faster-growing experience. It's a young company, with young founders, so management is still trying to iron out difficulties in its approach and processes.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

High pace high payoff

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncountale is a great place to grow, where we work on hard problems every day that actually matter.

Cons

Work life balance is good, but this is still a demanding job and you have to stay focused.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team here, I've learned a lot.

May 12, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of emphasis placed on growing as an Engineer here at Uncountable, through mentoring and code reviews. I've learned a lot of best practices that widely applicable outside of the Uncountable codebase.

Cons

The platform and code base is very large, and it can be daunting to navigate at first.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Passionate and Hardworking Group!

Nov 16, 2020 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Led by a team of dedicated founders and surrounded by extremely intelligent people. The team works hard and fast striving to exceed customer expectations. As a bootstrapped startup everyone's ideas are considered to help shape the direction of the product creating a true collaborative environment. Overall it's been a great learning experience so far!

Cons

It's definitely a work hard play hard environment. The leadership is passionate about putting out an innovative product and it can sometimes be daunting to keep up.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Uncountable is the best place I have worked at

May 25, 2020 - Data Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team is excellent. They say the customers come first and the employees are important to them, and they follow through with what they say. They have built a business culture that is both fun and challenging and gathered a great team.

Cons

I would have to think too long to find a con such that listing any would not provide value.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Watch us grow!

Mar 12, 2020 - Enterprise Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a very bright team of people and the leaders are very driven to succeed and focused on solving our customer’s problems. Working on this small team gives you the opportunity to gain exposure to many aspects of the growing business (marketing, engineering, recruiting, etc.). The organization is very flat and everyone collaborates with one another to satisfy our current customer needs and bring new customers on board. The leaders trust the team to make smart judgement calls and own their work.

Cons

Lots of work and lots of change. If you are not willing to work hard and be flexible you might be frustrated.

9. 5.0

Excellent Team, Tremendous Potential

Jan 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Uncountable for 4 months. Uncountable provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Great company environment and very strong team culture. Management encourages everyone to voice their opinions and bring new ideas to the table. Team members are all very forthright, intelligent, and diligent, everyone has strong sense of accountability.

Cons

Since it’s a startup, it can difficult to forecast the company’s future plans. Work can be challenging, there is an emphasis on performance.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting place to learn and grow

Aug 10, 2019 - Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Uncountable for over 6 months. 1. get the chance to work with top notch companies in a broad range of chemistry/material field 2. Team culture is great: Everyone in the team is smart and friendly and willing to help if needed 3. Since it is start-up, you can definitely learn a lot of different things in the field 4. Management team really put emphasis on keep a lot of things transparent and accessible to the team . Also they are open to suggestions/recommendations.

Cons

1. Depending on the season, the workload can be quite heavy. 2. Some of the technical problems they are solving here is very challenging by the nature of the project.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews