KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,040 of over 1,557 reviews

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros
Pros
  • "They have a great training program(in 67 reviews)

• "Awesome people great company to work for and off on weekends(in 67 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours depending on the route(in 84 reviews)

• "As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UniFirst and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

UniFirst is the BEST Company to work for!

Oct 22, 2020 - Outside Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and management are unbeatable! I came into this industry knowing little about sales and they trained me from the ground up to be an incredible sales rep. They truly care about the growth of their employees, their customers and their business as a whole. Being a UniFirst employee has given me value and purpose that I have never had at other jobs I have worked. I will be forever grateful to be a part of the UniFirst family.

Cons

The only con is that I wish I had started working for UniFirst sooner!

10 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Culture

Jul 21, 2021 - Route Service Manager in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office culture Work life balance Upward motivation and growth Fair and balanced company

Cons

Sometimes dependent on outside sources in a time of pandemic or post pandemic which slows supply chains- this is not unique to any business right now IMO

3. 2.0

Enter at your own risk

Jul 21, 2021 - Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekends off, decent insurance. That's about it

Cons

There's no AC on the production floor (and that's expected) but then the swamp cooler for the lunch room is always broken in Utah's 100+ degree summer. It's so hot in there, the refrigerator can't keep stuff cold. The drivers come in and empty the ice machine into their coolers to keep their stuff cold on their route leaving nothing for the workers in extreme conditions. There's no real training, they claim there is, but there isn't. The people that train must fear for their positions because they don't actually share anything useful and keep it all to themselves so they can always be the hero. This is supposed to be a "clean area", no food is allowed on the floor because we're working with other peoples clothes, we have to wear hats or hair nets (makes sense), but when the clothes fall on the floor because the lines are broken, it's fine to just pick them up and keep processing them? How is that ok? THE LINES ARE ALWAYS BROKEN! Maintenance says they have the parts to fix them, but they never get fixed. Why? Breaks are hit and miss because they shove so much work your way and tell you it has to be completed before you can leave but there's also no OT allowed. So quite often, breaks aren't taken. Pretty sure this isn't a good (or legal) practice. You have people urinating on themselves while on the job because they feel as if they can't take a break. It's a sweatshop. It seems to be impossible for them to hire people that will stay past the first week of training, it's a mystery. There is literally no HR in this building for anyone to take their concerns to.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lacking Professional Environment

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous in Wilmington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent insurance, pay was about average

Cons

I had a few friends that were on pretty good teams at Unifirst so it really depends on how good your team is but my experiences were mixed. I've seen a few other reviews on here mention the systems and its true... so many of the systems they run their business off of are from the 80s/90s and make it very difficult to do your job effectively and management seems to turn a blind eye to that. There were also numerous times I witnessed our director make inappropriate comments to people and really made for an unprofessional environment overall. I also had a family member pass away and was harassed by my manager about using my bereavement time which really made me feel even worse through an already rough time. It was frustrating because there really were a lot of opportunities to impact change but there were so many people there that were resistant to change it made it difficult to get anything done. And with people being nasty on top of all that..... it wasn't a place I really wanted to be a part of.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

UniFirst takes allegations, such as these, very seriously and strives to consistently conduct business in an honest, ethical, and fair manner. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or other inappropriate behaviors in the workplace. We also encourage all employees at all levels to bring any related concerns to the attention of local management and/or the corporate office for immediate investigation and follow-up. UniFirst’s corporate Human Resources Department can be reached by calling (800) 347-7888. Also be advised that all Team Partners have online access to our “EthicsFirst” portal, where staff can anonymously communicate any ethical concerns at work. This portal can be accessed on UniFirst’s U-Net or at UniFirst.ethicspoint.com. You may also call the “EthicsFirst” Hotline for an anonymous conversation at (800) 213-8979. Thank you.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

If you can get past the front desk folks, to the business owner, you have a chance.

Jun 15, 2021 - Salesman in Longview, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot about the sales process and the uniform rental industry through both the training and the experience of going business to business. I had never tried B2B sales before and UniFirst gave me a chance.

Cons

Getting to the business owner(s) proved to be in my experience the biggest obstacle to the sales process. No matter how nice the front desk folks are at the business you are visiting, they are, again in my experience, there to do one thing when you walk in the door: stop or stall the sales process. If I had it to do over again, I would've focused a lot more on a great email campaign to the business owner(s) from the very beginning, instead of getting stalled or stopped by front desk folks on the phone, or in person. At the very least, the sales pitch might have had a chance of reaching the eyes of the decision maker. Not an undoable job, but worth mentioning that the lone survivor at the location I was at was a guy with 20+ years experience in sales.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review! Your feedback is appreciated.

6. 4.0

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Representative in Hummelstown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training structure, decent hours

Cons

lots of phones calls, as expected though

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Outside Sales...Every branch location is different & territory assigned will determine if you can realistically make $.

May 10, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Montrose, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very hands off & allows you to sort out all of your own issues and assume customer management responsibility regarding accounts you land in sales.

Cons

Management is so hands off that they refuse to sort out their own issues. I handled collections, managed disgruntled decision makers, & exchanges which were NOT my responsibility This took me out of the territory when I should be selling. I averaged at least 120-150 miles per day and spent Saturdays & Sundays catching up on admin and getting my vehicle serviced.. The territory I was offered during the interview process was not the one I received and cost me quite a bit more for travel & it was not fully reimbursed. Management brings you into their personal drama & expects you to support unethical decisions which impact the company’s reputation. If you don’t hang out with sales management after work to party, don’t expect an easy or non—hostile work environment. You gotta play that game to get along in a very high school environment.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GRrat Place For Starters

Jul 21, 2021 - Sourcing Specialist in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training and great leadership/team

Cons

low pay and strict hours

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Family oriented workplace

Jul 16, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Clarksville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I met some great people working with unifirst

Cons

My territory was to spread out and hard to cover properly

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

10/10 would recommend

Apr 16, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

If your looking for a career that allows you to have a great work life balance. Outstanding management from top to bottom, Top notch training, professional and educated colleagues then UniFirst is for you. I could not put enough emphasis on the dedication and hard work that you will receive from your management team and colleagues alike. My time at UniFirst has been more than I expected and only wish I had applied earlier in my professional life. What truly makes UniFirst great as an employer is honestly the people that you get to work side by side with everyday you will learn that everyone has a common goal of being successful and that really motivates you to keep pace and accomplish the goals you set for your self

Cons

Truly the only con , if it is even really a con, would be if you are lazy and or unmotivated and don’t want to work then you will be very unhappy simply because the success you can have at UniFirst is a direct reflection of the amount of effort you put into your work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,040 Reviews