UniFirst Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2020

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros
Pros
  • "Awesome people great company to work for and off on weekends(in 65 reviews)

• "Great training, support, and pay plan(in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tough work that will require long hours at times(in 77 reviews)

• "As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career(in 47 reviews)

1. "A Great Company to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive pay, and if you put in the time and effort, commissions are great. - Training process is thorough and provides every tool you need to do the job well, as well as other jobs in or out of the same field. - Great place to build personal and professional relationships - Management is working just as hard as you are, day-in and day-out - Provides abundant options for career mobility within the company - Out of the "office" 2-3 days a week offers a lot of freedom and ability to test yourself as a individual professional

Cons

- If you cannot make cold calls a minimum of 2 days per week, this is not for you - Must be a self-starter and motivated individual. This position really tests how willing you are to do well and find financial success

May 19, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual!

2. "Awesome Place To Work"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Longview, TX

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commited Management Driven Focused On Moral Plenty of Oppurtunity

Cons

None, maybe just hopefully getting a new sales office.

August 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Route Service Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, lots of potential, great benefits, holidays off.

Cons

Physical work, no other issues

August 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.

4. "Great Culture, Work Hard, Play hard!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each location is like it's own little business, all decisions can be made at that level Highly flexible work environment Each employee is given the tools to succeed, and everyone is willing to help each other out, even from states away Fantastic state of the art technology, from video conferencing to CRM systems, Unifirst stays ahead of the curve on the majority of its systems TRAINING IS THE BEST IN THE SALES WORLD You will not get a better training program anywhere, in any sales position, from any other company. Period. Tremendous growth potential - a brand new sales rep can be a manager within 1-2 years, and be promoted again into another management role depending on their desired path, either with service, sales or operations. Truly limitless opportunities

Cons

Management claims "they don't want to micromanage, but..." Sales Manager's compensation is highly dependent on tenure of sales reps, quota is the same regardless if reps are brand new or have been with the company for a year, although still attainable with the right reps working for you

August 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us, and we are very appreciative of your hard work and contributions to UniFirst.

5. COVID-19

"Great Family Company"

Current Employee - Route Service Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

UniFirst has been a fantastic company to work for 12 years now. I particularly like the family atmosphere and sales and service culture at our Louisville location. We have grown exponentially since day one with no end in sight. We have been adding employees, customers and routes consistently. Even Covid hasn't slowed us down! I also like that the compensation (paycheck) equals directly how much you put in and the work/life balance is second to none

Cons

Not a lot of negatives here. Some days are a grind if a truck breaks down or you get to deal with customers that are shutdown during a pandemic.

August 10, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us, and we are very appreciative of your hard work and contributions to UniFirst.

6. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training they provide is very thorough. They have a long term and a short term game plan for you. They are very willing to work with you. They are always trying to help you become better. They push you and try to find ways to help you accomplish greatness.

Cons

I really enjoy who I work with and where I work. No cons here

August 4, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

7. COVID-19

"Great, Compassionate Company"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the company! Great culture and people. They really take time to invest in you. Benefits and perks also incredible!!

Cons

No cons at the moment.

August 3, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

8. "Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - District Service Manager, Route Service Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with great people. Weekends and most major Holidays off.

Cons

60+ hour work weeks. Vacation time slow to accrue 2 weeks max until 5 - 7 years down the road you will accrue a 3rd week. Turnover. Not much room for growth after this position.

August 3, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for submitting a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual!

9. "Alright company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I worked at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible easy work to do

Cons

Not room for advancement, poor management

10. "Inconsistent work times"

Former Employee - Route Service Supervisor in New Kensington, PA

I worked at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay Job security thru pandemic

Cons

Erratic start times, normal start time was 8 but started as early as 3am and everywhere in between. Paid for an 8 hour day but most days working longer without compensation. Trucks poorly maintained and garage staff difficult to work with. Poor training, hours of videos that don't set you up to do the job. Have to learn the ins in outs as you go, could be much better.

Found 850 reviews