UniFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • UniFirst has a fantastic sales training program, second to none (in 50 reviews)

• This company is a great company to work for (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Year 1 in any position if very difficult and will involve long hours (in 54 reviews)

• Nothing is easy for any outside sales rep position (in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company All Around"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is a great company to work for. I have been here for 14 years and they have treated me like family the whole time. We treat our customers with the same respect and loyalty as we treat each other. We go above and beyond for our customers needs. Best company I have ever worked for I would recommend anyone to join our team.

Cons

There are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job management. Each and everyone of you are my family and treat me with respect and would do anything for me I really appreciate you all.

UniFirst Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Sales Training Specialist

First off, thank you for your years of service. We know it’s our people, like you, that make UniFirst what it is today. We take a lot of pride in the family culture we have, and are so happy to hear... More

2. "Outside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at UniFirst (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management support. Great hours. Great pay to start with flexibility to make more. Great coworkers.

Cons

Benefit package could be better but they recently changed it so that’s already improved.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything I will surely recommend others to work here as I believe it is a very professional and rewarding place to work.

3. "Sales consultant"

I worked at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Lots of incentives and bonus opportunities

Cons

Focus on quantity not quality

"Senior Sales Consultant/Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UniFirst was a great place to cut my teeth in sales. Their sales training is best in class. If you work hard and succeed (and great managers and mentors are willing to help if you ask), you are able to earn promotions and bonuses. My former manager encouraged me to continue learning, UniFirst helped to pay for my Master's degree. I earned many bonuses, several President's Clubs trips and endless recognition. Ultimately I was able to find an extremely well paying position with a medical company, and without my former manager at UniFirst and their excellent sales training and recognition, I wouldn't have been able to get hired at a Fortune 100 medical device company. I am forever grateful for my experience at UniFirst, Pittsburgh 074.

Cons

You truly have to work extremely hard to succeed at UniFirst. You need to be disciplined and have a thick skin. You will make over 100 cold calls each week -- on the phone and in person. Time management skills, courage, likeability and emotional intelligence are the most important characteristics to work here. If you put in the hours, you will find success and receive recognition.

5. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rossville, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rossville, GA

I worked at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with a good group of people at the Rossville, GA location.

Cons

CSR's at UniFirst have A LOT of responsibilities. The pay was low, we had lack of training, and a lack of management. I didn't get a 90 day review or raise like I was told during my interview. Management is not very supportive of employees having personal needs, time off, etc. And unwilling to let you make up time.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do and learn to appreciate good employees.

6. "Branch Manager"

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong Culture and good leadership

Cons

Pay is a little less then what comparable companies offer. They offset this by the culture.

"5 Star Company"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked for the company for 3+ years with no problems at all. Wonderful company and location to work for. Not only do they put their customers first but also their employees. Great work environment, amazing benefits, and always looking for internal promotions.

Cons

No cons with this company or location.

Advice to Management

Very well-rounded management team. They know how to take care of their employees and make sure everyone is satisfied with their career at UniFirst. Keep up what you are doing.

"Sales Representative"

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Outside sales allows you freedom to make your own schedule to a certain degree. Some management does care about really helping employees and the base salary is decent.

Cons

Commissions and getting new accounts to install and get paid is a long and difficult process. Much more so than getting a sale. Management doesn't really help streamline this. Commission ratios also are quite low for how much revenue you bring with new sales.

Advice to Management

Management is starting to make things more sales focused and need to continue that. Salespeople shouldn't feel like its them vs service and office admins.

"Professional Development"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UniFirst provides tremendous professional development, and gives their emoyees all the tools to be successful. I wouldn't recommend any other company if you're looking to break into sales.

Cons

You will get out of it, what you put into it. If you're afraid to work hard, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Hire young professionals who want to improve, and continue to provide the tools they need to improve.

"Great career kickstarter!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in New Kensington, PA

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Detailed training and excellent career advancement options. The Pittsburgh division specifically knows how to get it done in a competitive environment.

Cons

The first year is a challenge, but it's well worth the grind come 9-12 months in!