UniFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
UniFirst Chairman, President, and CEO Ronald D. Croatti
Ronald D. Croatti

Pros
  • UniFirst has a top notch training program (in 46 reviews)

• Great training in place to help you succeed (in 42 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

UniFirst provides the opportunity needed to get started in outside sales. The training provided is excellent and it gives you to tools you need to be successful. You will go through the entire sales cycle from prospect to customer in all sales you make. There is no place that will top the experience that you will receive at UniFirst.

Cons

The only con would be that if you are not a self starter, driven and motivated for success then UniFirst is not the place for you. If you have all of those traits then this is the place to be!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the positive results minded atmosphere!

UniFirst Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Sales Training Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! At UniFirst we really pride ourselves on offering World Class Sales Training. We want to give our Team Partners all of the tools and training necessary to grow and have a ... More

2. "So far really great"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team in Spokane! So far I am really enjoying working here. The team is so positive and so knowledgeable!

Cons

Out side sales will always have its own challenges, sales is never easy. You have to be self driven and can't expect someone to hold your hand

3. "Love this place!"

Current Employee - Production in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Production in Richland, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make our customers happy

Cons

Wish Lunch time was longer

Advice to Management

Would like to get more cross training

5. "Aurora, Colorado - Great Career Opportunities"

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Fun and encouraging atmosphere, great relationships between employees, excellent training, and room for career growth.

Cons

The cons exist really more with the industry than as a company. Unifirst is constantly make changes for the better to improve performance, but the service industry can be demanding. In any service industry, resolving concerns and delivering top performance all of the time can be challenging, but definitely achievable.

6. "Team Oriented"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, ME

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone works as a team. UniFirst really does care about the customers, and everyone works together to make sure we do our best for them. It's easy to sleep at night knowing you are doing right by the customer. Great opportunity to advance, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

It is a hard job, and there is a lot of competition. You have to be willing to work hard and work through adversity to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue attempting to modernize systems. Invest in the facilities and people. Adding quality staff to try to bring better service to our customers would also benefit current team members.

7. "District Service Manager"

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great local family atmosphere. Training is very detailed. Company is driven to promote. Very diverse customer base.

Cons

Long Hours, covering routes and occasional lack of production support.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the focus on the customer and continue to promote within as long as they earned it.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable and helpful upper management. Efficient team in most departments. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Work can be tedious. Language barrier with some coworkers.

9. "Bleed green & white"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

UniFirst instills a culture where you will want to come to work each day and succeed because of the locations family culture or as it has been coined "bleed green and white". Some areas that are very pro is family culture, promotion based on merit/hard work and overall great environment to achieve success

Cons

The industry is inherently difficult which can cause some frustration both on the sales side (ie timing of contracts to secure new business, commoditization of the service by potential clients, consistent pressure to sell as the sales role is 100% hunting) and service (highly demanding customer base, lots of moving parts to manage from week to week)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Great place to work only suggestion is UniFirst runs lean in regards to personnel and sometimes can get put in between a rock and hard place with customers because there isn't enough people to execute. However as with any business managing labor and productivity is always walking a fine line between too much and not enough.

10. "Location 093 Baltimore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

UniFirst is a family type of atmosphere and culture. You're not just another "number" when you work at UniFirst. If you're a hard worker, have a positive attitude, and are committed to "doing it right the first time," you will be rewarded.

Cons

Outdated machinery. Our location could use upgrades in a couple departments.

11. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the few industrial laundry companies that still treats its employees and customers with dignity and respect. We truly are a family with a VISION that all partners are bought into. Our core values are simple. Customers are the focus of everything we do. Respect for others. Commitment to quality. I have never been surrounded by more motivated employees that always want the best for their customers and co workers. I am truly blessed to have been hired and promoted. Promotions seem to come quick if you show that you are bringing enthusiasm and integrity to the workplace. We all want to grow our business, for of course profit but also to create more jobs. See people achieve their goals, buy a house, get married, get a new car etc.

Cons

We do need to finish our software update it will make everything run more efficiently, but just like all of our other projects we want to ensure it is done right the first time and does not interfere with our customers

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.