KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They really work to support you to be successful and provide you with great training and information.(in 151 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and 401k.(in 130 reviews)
  • "Good pay and atmosphere hard work but you can make a career getting the right route(in 90 reviews)
  • "The people are great and very helpful in terms of training.(in 78 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and very supportive(in 59 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UniFirst and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Challenging and Rewarding Career

Oct 21, 2021 - Market Service Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding environment at the location. Culture is phenomenal and continues to reinvest in the people and the company currently going through a rebranding of our image that is going to be super nice. you will recognize our fleet in the San Antonio Market

Cons

At this time nothing that comes to mind.

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback and submitting a review. We appreciate your dedication and contributions you had made to UniFirst over the past 10+ years!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company and Training! A+

Aug 1, 2022 - Sales Department in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leader in Fort Wayne in the Rental Industry. Superior to competitors in the Market. Great work/life balance. Open door policy to a management team that cares about the employees and their future. Unlimited potential and uncapped commissions. The sales team is growing and it’s exciting to work in a culture like Unifirst provides!

Cons

It’s hard work and you must be driven to succeed. Don’t expect leads, make them for yourself.

3. 4.0

Great Work Environment but Low Pay

Jul 30, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in New Castle, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with. Overall the culture at my location is wonderful. My co-workers truly feel like family. Supervisors are understanding and approachable. My position is relatively low stress most of the time, too. The company offers continued training so I feel like I'm always learning and getting better at my job.

Cons

There do not seem to be many opportunities for advancement on the office side. Most opportunities are for service and sales. I also feel my position is underpaid. Managers at my particular branch can sometimes be TOO lenient when it comes to following policy. Chronic lateness and absences are tolerated with no repercussions which negatively impacts everyone else.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 27, 2022 - Sales Manager in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unifirst has great pay, benefits, and a unique company culture. It's like working for a small family business with big business benefits. They take care of their employees and their customers.

Cons

Unifirst is a very inclusive company but it lacks diversity at least at our location.

5. 3.0

Good People

Jul 27, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Augusta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people that I work. Love the work environment because it is quiet and laid back at the particular branch where I work.

Cons

"job" itself has a lot left to be desired for the amount of pay they offer for this position. Should pay way more for the amount of work that is expected. Benefits are still in the "stone ages". They need to get in line with other businesses.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Opportunity, Lacking in Pay

Jul 19, 2022 - Assistant Plant Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Culture Management Location

Cons

The pay for all jobs are behind the power curve.

UniFirst Response

We appreciate your time in writing a review. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Yearly Performance review

Jul 17, 2022 - Territory Manager in Newark, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company vehicle and uniform as this a major perk as the harder you hustle and your work ethic is the key to overall success. But you need to be patient.

Cons

Since coming on board, I haven't received any performance reviews. Thus I haven't received any pay raise as we shall see in a few weeks from now when the new fiscal year will begin. From there reevaluate to see what else is out there.

UniFirst Response

Thank you for sharing you feedback. We appreciate your time in writing a review.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Aug 2, 2022 - Maintenance Technician II in Lubbock, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unifirst has sime good Benefits

Cons

Unifirst does too much micromanaging

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good experience

Jul 2, 2022 - RSR Route Sales Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was very supportive and upfront with employees, had a laid back attitude while maintaining professionalism, and very little micromanaging.

Cons

Starting routes tend to not make as much as routes the more experienced guys have.

UniFirst Response

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience in sales

Jun 29, 2022 - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent sales experience. Pulls you out of your comfort zone.

Cons

Sink or swim. Upper management does not care about sales reps. High turnover . It’s not an easy job

UniFirst Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your time in writing a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,186 Reviews

UniFirst Reviews FAQs

UniFirst has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,838 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at UniFirst to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, UniFirst employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at UniFirst. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

71% of UniFirst employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UniFirst 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at UniFirst to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with UniFirst Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at UniFirst? Share Your Experiences

UniFirst Careers

Cover image for UniFirst

Some companies talk the talk about their path to success. UniFirst walks the walk with clear milestones every step of the way. We provide...More

• Corporate Careers
  • Sales Careers
  • LEAP Program
  • Military Community

Company Updates

Logo

141 days ago

Company News
UniFirst made our national television debut last night during the NCAA March Madness Tournament! You have two more chances to tune in this weekend. If you can’t wait to see it again, check out the full commercial below. To see the viewing schedule, visit https://lnkd.in/egX-JCpt. #AlwaysDeliver #MarchMadness
Shared image - Watch UniFirst's Television Debut: Always Deliver
Watch UniFirst's Television Debut: Always Deliver
unifirst.com

UniFirst Photos

+ Add Photo
UniFirst photo of: Look for the #UniFirstFamily to see what it's like to be a UniFirst Team Partner!
UniFirst photo of: Team Partners at UniFirst’s Canadian corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, held their annual Canadian Thanksgiving luncheon and food drive.
UniFirst photo of: To thank his team for giving their best every day, UniFirst Corporation—San Antonio, TX, General Manager Martin Escandon held a lunchtime employee appreciation BBQ.
UniFirst photo of: A big thank you to our spring/summer interns & co-ops!
UniFirst photo of: Game on! While visiting UniFirst corporate headquarters in Wilmington, MA, to complete the operational leadership rotation of the LEAP Program (Leadership, Education, and Performance), a group of UniF
UniFirst photo of: Team Partners from our Wichita, KS Location recently participated in the 2016 QuikTrip Charity Golf Tournament and showed their ‪‎UniFirst‬ pride as a tournament sponsor.
UniFirst photo of: UniFirst‬ Sales Managers from the Southern Region recently attended The Blue Book Building & Construction Network trade show.