UniFirst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 290 of over 290 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst (Stratford, CT)

Interview

I was contacted by an absolutely incredible recruiter who took a lot of time with me. Phone interview with UniFirst was just to make sure you're not a weirdo. In-person interview met with General Manager and Sales Manager for approx. 50 minutes. Very standard interview just went over my resume in detail and answered a few other questions (typical "what would you do if" or "tell us about a time when"). After leaving, I stopped to get lunch and they called before I'd even finished my sandwich to schedule a time to talk to the Regional Sales Manager. That was a 10 minute phone call and I received an offer later that day. This was shockingly fast compared to all other interviews I've ever had. The only hold up was that some of my references weren't available immediately and they paused the process until they'd heard back from all of them. I think I eventually had to call one to get them to call back urgently - UniFirst was holding steady and wouldn't settle for 3 out of 4. Either way, nothing weird, nothing stupid, no "gotcha" questions or riddles. A very straight forward and fast interview.

Interview Questions
  • None I hadn't answered many times in my life. They make you read a full script out loud to them to see how you sound. If you haven't read something out loud in a while practice a little before hand.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

UniFirst

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

call from screener, interview with sales manager, tour the plant and mostly asked about personality and knowledge of the company. The screener was not very inviting, asked about recognition and other regular questions. She was just checking points of a list, very vague and uninviting. Sales manager was better and more engaging.

Interview Questions
  • Situations questions, what if scenarios. How would you address a situation where you had to compete for a certain contract. How did you overcome the competition etc.

UniFirst

Application

I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

elaborate process (Phone interview - 1st in person interview - ride along - presentation - 2nd in person interview), but you get a good understanding of the position and expectations

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UniFirst

Application

I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

Met with the sales manager for an interview. Then with the general manager. They asked about my background in sales and my previous achievements. Why I thought I’d be good for the position. Asked me questions how I would handle cold calling.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my background and sales and why they think I’d be good for the position.
  • Why do you like outside sales?

UniFirst

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

Lengthy process, definitely an old fashioned boys club type of company. First interview was with a recruiter. She had great energy and was very transparent about the process. Next round was with the hiring manager who definitely had a "this is a young and dumb woman" attitude towards me. Next round with a director who had a similar attitude. It was very clear this company is old fashioned and a boys club. I wouldn't accept an offer here even if I got one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Salt Lake City, UT) in Jun 2021

Interview

Very smooth interview process with an exceptional recruiter! Recruiter was very knowledgeable and nice to me. Answered all of my questions with ease. Suggested a tour of the building if the process continues.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you had to deal with a tough customer

UniFirst

Application

I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

Not very good. Have had better interviews in the past. The interview was very boring for me. They interviewer did not seem prepared to do the interview with me which was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions
  • Ask for required starting salary

UniFirst

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

This was an insanely long interview process for a job that seems awful. 2/4 rotations you’re required to work at 5am, company lied about the city and is actually 30+ mins w/o traffic from the city, pre scheduled vacation time, and the low pay is not worth any of that. It began with an HR interview, followed by an online assessment, then an interview with 2 more people. Then I met with the general manager virtually then days later met in person for 3 hours. Then I had a check in interview afterwards, and following that was a group interview with an executive and i withdrew my application by this time. Just an extensive amount of work for a not so great job and the whole process was about 2 months. Everyone I met was nothing but kind and easy to communicate with, but this was a huge hassle especially when trying to juggle other interviews.

Interview Questions
  • what other companies are you applying and interviewing with?

UniFirst

Application

I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

The interview process was great. Not to difficult questions. I received a call within 2 days to start the following week. Great company to work for. Loved how flexible they are.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UniFirst

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UniFirst

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, in person presentation. Large focus on being competitive and being comfortable talking to prospects on the phone. Prospecting for new business is a major part of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Louisville, KY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Several texts followed by an initial interview with route supervisor and service manager. Interviewed lasted well over 2 hours. Both guys were engaging and professional. Second interview needed along with a ride along

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 290 Interviews