UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was, as I had read, a bit more cumbersome than one would expect. There was an initial interview with both the sales manager and branch manager together, then a follow-up during which I had to give a presentation on material I was given (to test my "stage presence" and comprehension ability). Following that, there were two phone interviews, one of which was much more in depth (quite enjoyable, actually) before I was done with the process and received an offer. None of the interviews were onerous, few of the questions were redundant, and I was able to get a very good feel for the people for whom I would be working during the process, so I knew it would be a good fit from my perspective; my interviewers knew that I was interviewing them, too, and were very forthcoming in offering information and explaining how thing actually worked in the real world, versus just giving me an idealized picture that was all rosy. I accepted the position because I liked what I heard and now that I am into the rather extensive training, I am eager to start selling.

Interview Questions

• How will I adapt to a sales position that is out of the office   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was very cordial and overall it was a positive experience. I felt very comfortable during the interview and felt the questions were appropriate. It was more of a conversation than an inquisition, which was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Phone interview first. Face to face with SM and BM, you have to visit 5 businesses and present in ppt. for third interview w/o compensation on time and cost of this requirement. Offer next.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions.
      What do you love/hate most about selling?
      Tell us a time when you overcame and won the sale.
      ect.....   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst in November 2017.

Interview

Very informative & pleasant to speak with on the phone. I was asked what were my income goals and if they could be achieved at this position. They are currently helping me find a position for fitting.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the recruiter. I had a phone screen with the manager of the training department. He then asked me to come in for an in person interview. Before arriving I asked approximately how long I would be there as I was taking time from my current position. I was told by recruiter an hour. I was there for much longer which I had not anticipated. I felt the interview went well. I sent a thank you card afterward and never heard a word from them again........ totally unprofessional and would not apply here again.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

A recruiter found me on indeed. I had an easy phone interview, and was asked to come in for a second interview, but did not go through with it. It seems that they are looking to hire students right out of college.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about other job opportunities I was looking at, which I thought was weird.   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email on unifirst website, verifying their interest and wanting to set up a 30 minute ph screen. She called to cancel the first screen set up a second screening time. Wasn't called or emailed this time. How unprofessional! I've emailed and called twice apiece and have not received a response! If this lady wasn't interested, why did she waste her time and mine in the first place. I am not desperate for a job, rather looking for something else. Beware, the lady may/may not call.

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was available at a certain time.   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pompano Beach, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had one interview with the district service supervisor. Very laid back atmosphere. I have a ride along scheduled for next week. After that, I would assume another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Unifirst   1 Answer

Route Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Pleasant and informative. Not the structured formal interview I was expecting. First spoke with manager over the phone and was invited to come in for an interview. Next, sit down interview with two of the managers. A couple weeks later went in for a second in person interview with another manager. Was invited to go for a ride along to see if I really liked the job. Went on ride along and now waiting to hear back if I was selected for the position.

District Service Manager Interview

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that received my resume online. He scheduled a phone interview with me for the following day. He reviewed my resume then immediately jumped into the job description; I would be required to work 60 hours a week, spend at least 50% of my time on a route. I would be responsible for a team of about 6 route sales people. The max pay is $45,000 annually. Then he paused.

Now this is a "District Manager" position; but the description and pay do not support this title. This is an entry level supervisory role at best.
    Overall, the recruiter did not execute his responsibility well at all. I hope this is an isolated event. I can't imagine a large corporation allowing this level of interaction with potential employers to continue.
    With the job requirements,as stated, this should be much higher paying opportunity. Research this company heavily before committing. Best of luck to you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was willing to work this position for that salary.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in August 2017.

Interview

Scheduled the phone screen at the time the local sales manager suggested, and then she was so unprofessional and rude that she didn't call and I have not heard a peep since. I'll definitely not be wasting any more time with this company.