UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was, as I had read, a bit more cumbersome than one would expect. There was an initial interview with both the sales manager and branch manager together, then a follow-up during which I had to give a presentation on material I was given (to test my "stage presence" and comprehension ability). Following that, there were two phone interviews, one of which was much more in depth (quite enjoyable, actually) before I was done with the process and received an offer. None of the interviews were onerous, few of the questions were redundant, and I was able to get a very good feel for the people for whom I would be working during the process, so I knew it would be a good fit from my perspective; my interviewers knew that I was interviewing them, too, and were very forthcoming in offering information and explaining how thing actually worked in the real world, versus just giving me an idealized picture that was all rosy. I accepted the position because I liked what I heard and now that I am into the rather extensive training, I am eager to start selling.

Interview Questions

• How will I adapt to a sales position that is out of the office   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

It was delightful to learn more about their process and got to do a field survey which help me decide this is the company I want to work for now.

Interview Questions

• What is one characteristic of a Outside Sales Rep that you think is needed to be successful?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Mobile, AL).

Interview

The process was long. The most interesting is you have to do a presentations telling why you are the one for the job. You sit in the room with the sales manager and sales director and they interview you together. You have to use your imagination to come up. Most important is to give them a tangible reason why you are there. They are looking for a reason that would motivate you to keep dialing even when it gets hard.

Interview Questions

• Typical work related questions. That why is what drives you to make all the sales calls to set appointments. I told them my why was my kids. Every time I make a dial I used the fact that I had buy milk for my newborn.   Answer Question

Billing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Nashville, TN).

Interview

When I was interviewed for my current position it was very informative and I completely understood what was expected from me and also laid out reason why I would make an good fit and asset to the company.

Interview Questions

• My experience as well as background on preforming EXCEL programs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Winchester, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview which lasted forty minutes. Interview time and place was set for the following week which lasted around forty minutes as well. During the interview, another sales manager attended and gave three exercises to be completed by the following week; ten cold call sales, riding along with another salesman for half a day and a presentation to be given the following week to the RM.

Keep in mind the office site is 1.5 hour away equalling 3 hours total and lots of gas which is not free. The presentation took up the weekend in order to do it well; the cold calls took gas and there were set requirements of information to be garnered. Plus, the ride along was a half hour away equalling another hour of drive time and gas. All seemed to go well until the presentation day when they requested me to come back to meet ONE more person - and they would email me the time later that day for a Friday appointment . No email arrived until Thursday night at 9:43 pm in the form of a declination note stating they had decided to go another path; incredibly unprofessional. What a waste of time, but, I definitely dodged a bullet as it became clear the the office is run by unproffessional salesmen and not managers. The process is inconsiderate of an applicant's time and expense. All in all this is the typical signal of the demise of a sales team - when you put someone in charge of managing a territory who is too close emotionally and has no knowledge, experience or training in managing people. My suggestion is for H.R. at corporate to be ready for major problems going forward as I am positive the recently deceased CEO just turned over in his grave. Run from this territory - unprofessional. I came away feeling as if they owed me money; what a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding time management and sales experience, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Lexington, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly short (30-40 minute) phone interview. Followed by an in person interview with sales manager and branch manager at their location. After in person, you are given a field test to complete then present on. After I completed my field test, I called my recruiter, and was told I would be contacted and expected to present by the end of the week. They told me they would call to schedule. Waited and waited, no call. Never even an email to state I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What Drives you to succeed? Are you a self starter? Are you comfortable speaking to strangers?   Answer Question

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UniFirst (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Called and had me come in and do a mock phone call and role play what you would say and how you would handle things. Then they told me that i would be a better fit for their recruiter position that they had, so I interviewed for both positions that same day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UniFirst (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First there is a phone screening interview , then there is a face to face interview with the sales manager, then a face to face interview with the regional manager, and lastly the offer

Interview Questions

• What would you say is the biggest misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Aurora, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a third party hiring organization! They were actually very resourceful and helpful throughout the entire process! I worked with the Sr. Recruiter and the Supervisor of which they each interviewed me in depth to ensure that I was not a waste of time or a bad referral! They required an updated reference document with the requirement that they were able to contact them or be able to be connected by the references provided! They also conducted a background check, checked all social media sites, and then went through my resume to ensure everything was accurate! After about a week, they agreed to submit my information to the company in question and then the wait was on! After about 2 weeks, I began to wonder if I was not what the company was looking for! So, I reached out to the recruiters and within 2 days I received a call letting me know that I was chosen for a phone interview with the Regional Sales and Marketing Executive! I then scheduled a phone interview through the recruiter, of which they sent several resources to go over to increase my chances of moving on to the next level within the interview process! I spent about 35 minutes on the phone with the manager who was great, going over many very unique questions! After everything was said and done, I was then asked if I would be willing to meet the Regional Manager at the main company warehouse the next day dressed in a black suit with a white shirt, specifically! I was told that I would need to have at least 2 of all documents I submitted for the position! I was not only taking a tour, but I was going to meet the BIG BOSSES of UNIFIRST! What a great experience! Thankfully we had everything needed to enable a dynamic sales relationship to develop resulting in them offering me a position! I was so thankful and proud despite earning 32000 less than I had previously earned! I believe the future is far more opportunistic than other companies that I have worked for that offered huge salaries from the get go!

Interview Questions

• What will your ROI be for Unifirst within the first year?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about you and your contributions to your other employees and employers!!   Answer Question
    • What is the one or most important part of who you are?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process after the application was a phone interview, face to face interview, then a field exercise, then a powerpoint presentation. The phone interview was easy and straightforward; just be yourself. The face to face involves you going to the facility and meeting with a sales manager. He or she will ask you general interview questions that you can google to address beforehand. Then, after the face to face, you are asked to prospect 20 random (at your discretion) businesses in a territory and report back to them which uniform services they use. This is to be done the week prior to your ride along. Please keep in mind this is all before you get the job, unpaid, and usually during your other full-time job. During the ride along, you are asked to perform the job the person getting paid to do the job performs. I get that this is to get a "feel" for the position and to see if you will cold canvass the territories but man, that's much to ask before getting paid. It is also much to ask of someone that works a full-time job and cannot run out during the day to talk with retail establishments. Finally, you present a power point to a group of managers. Keep in mind, there is very little reward. I was very disappointed.