UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was, as I had read, a bit more cumbersome than one would expect. There was an initial interview with both the sales manager and branch manager together, then a follow-up during which I had to give a presentation on material I was given (to test my "stage presence" and comprehension ability). Following that, there were two phone interviews, one of which was much more in depth (quite enjoyable, actually) before I was done with the process and received an offer. None of the interviews were onerous, few of the questions were redundant, and I was able to get a very good feel for the people for whom I would be working during the process, so I knew it would be a good fit from my perspective; my interviewers knew that I was interviewing them, too, and were very forthcoming in offering information and explaining how thing actually worked in the real world, versus just giving me an idealized picture that was all rosy. I accepted the position because I liked what I heard and now that I am into the rather extensive training, I am eager to start selling.

Interview Questions

• How will I adapt to a sales position that is out of the office   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a week afterwards. Had initial phone screen interview and then moved on to video conference interview. Asked to come in for shadowing day to follow route driver through a regular day. First sign something was off occurred when I showed up to the UniFirst location at the time I was told (5:30am) and could not find anyone. After finally flagging down an employee I got inside the building. At the end of the route I came back to the UniFirst location where I spoke with several managers. I was told I would be contacted regarding possible next steps soon. The next email I received was a rejection email. When asked for any possible reasons why I was told I showed "less interest and eagerness" than other candidates. I took an entire day off of my current job (therefore forfeiting the opportunity to make any money that day) and performed every task asked of me with the route driver throughout the day. I kept getting asked if I had any questions over and over again. This is after I had opportunities in the prior interviews to ask questions and even got to meet the manager of the local location when I came in for the video conference. I'm guessing the "lack" of interest they picked up on came from me not having many questions... but by the time I had reached the end of the shadowing day I had already had discussions and questions answered by three UniFirst managers and my route driver over a period of several weeks.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a recruiter. Second I interviewed in Houston with the manager. The interview was tough but fair probably the best interview I have been in. I appreciated the challenging questions and at the end we were talking as if we had known each other for years.

Interview Questions

• 3 adjectives to describe yourself   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then set up in person interview with sales manager, get invited back to give a presentation to sales manager and general manager (maybe some sales team if they are in the office), on the same day you interview with the general manger, a phone interview with the regional sales manager, get invited back to shadow for a phone block and a ride along with a sales representative. After that, you are offered the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and 2 in person interviews. The final interview I was asked to prepare 2 presentations and do field work. They give you one presentation on how to achieve their highest level of success and another of your choosing.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a challenging sale that you lost and what you would have done differently to earn the business   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Good interview, management is very direct and are looking for specific traits and business minded individuals. They want people with sales skills not just delivery drivers. They want to see if your a good fit for management right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• Who What Why and where........ they want to know about you as a person. They also want to know about your past employment and history to see if you will be a good fit   1 Answer

DSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Aurora, CO).

Interview

It was quick, a week later I received a call asking if I had done my ride along. I was never told about one, later I was told they hired me immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How attached to your facial hair are you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UniFirst (Wilmington, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process started out typical with meeting the immediate manager first. Next, the manager who invited me for an onsite interview. Then, other managers that the team work frequently with.

Interview Questions

• How did you stay organize? What is your strength? What is your weakness? Why didn't you stay in that contract role?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which is pretty standard. That lead to a in person interview with the Sales Manager (the General Manager should have been there, but he was out of town). Proceeded to another interview giving a presentation over the Presidents Club. I then spoke with the regional sales manager via telephone. Offer came after.

Interview Questions

• With no degree or experience, why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process. Initial phone screen resulted in a face to face with Sales Manager. 2nd step was interview with Branch Manager, finally resulting in a phone interview with Regional Sale Manager

Interview Questions

• If you ran into a prospective account at a sports bar, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and one in person interview. Very Past Paced and many questions. Overall was a nice interview although they seemed very interested they did not contact me back. Go in prepared.