UniFirst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was, as I had read, a bit more cumbersome than one would expect. There was an initial interview with both the sales manager and branch manager together, then a follow-up during which I had to give a presentation on material I was given (to test my "stage presence" and comprehension ability). Following that, there were two phone interviews, one of which was much more in depth (quite enjoyable, actually) before I was done with the process and received an offer. None of the interviews were onerous, few of the questions were redundant, and I was able to get a very good feel for the people for whom I would be working during the process, so I knew it would be a good fit from my perspective; my interviewers knew that I was interviewing them, too, and were very forthcoming in offering information and explaining how thing actually worked in the real world, versus just giving me an idealized picture that was all rosy. I accepted the position because I liked what I heard and now that I am into the rather extensive training, I am eager to start selling.

Interview Questions

• How will I adapt to a sales position that is out of the office   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Ontario, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was email by a sales Manager, Did phone interview then person interview. I was told that i need it to get 20 leads before I even was hired to see what the job was about? I did the assignment. I was told I did not get enough information? I was then offered a Job , I was like ok great then the manager emails me a week later saying sorry we found a better candidate. Worst experience ever!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

By far the worst interview process I've ever been through. Took forever. Hiring manager was extremely unprofessional. I should have taken the hints and walked away after meeting him. Had to have 3 interviews. A ride along with an employee and a ridiculous homework assignment.

Interview Questions

• Will you sell your soul for a sale? not a real question but should be   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation take out or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview pretty easy, then there is an in person interview if you do well they will tell you to go out and do a survey of businesses and then make a presentation. This is a little strange but if you want the job you have to do it. Then a follow up interview w the manager gm and regional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Ontario, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple interview process with the sales manager. Felt casual but very professional. I received a phone call from the sales manager from my online resume submission. From that we scheduled a time to come in for the interview. during the interview i realized this is a hunter-closer sales position. what I mean is that once you close the sale then someone else takes over and maintains the account. You are constantly looking for new business. Which is great. I just prefer to maintain the accounts once i land them. After the interview I think even more that Unifirst would be a great company to work for. It just was'nt for me

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cold calling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Mesquite, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and Regional Manager for 2 hours. I was literally asked every single interview question you could google. There was a lot of repeat questions rephrased as "tell me about yourself, describe yourself, what words would you/ your friends use to describe you, etc". Many were STAR style questions. Many answers were followed up with "can you clarify that".

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Cordova, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Called by sales manager for brief phone interview, and then invited for an in person interview. Went to in person interview, and met with sales manager, and location manager. They had my do a field exercise, and come back the following week to present. After doing that, they told me I'd receive a call from the general manager in Nashville. He called me later that day for a phone interview, and then I received a job offer about two hours later. The whole process took about 1.5 weeks.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview

Applied online, phone call within 2 days for request of initial in person interview. In person interview seemed mediocre -- standard interview questions "What is a weakness of yours, How have you positively effected a customer relationship" etc... with the notion that Outside Sales is exasperatingly hard for some people and the repeated question of "does this still interest you?". Focused questions on sales numbers, percentages, growth, and short comings from the past.

Was asked to complete the field survey you will read / hear about before coming in for a second interview 2 weeks later to meet with both location manager and what is assumed as regional sales manager. Completed field survey and PowerPoint presentation and was met with the impression that the PowerPoint complete with minimal animations and accurate data along side a, from scratch, excel data base of various local customers / potential prospects complete with phone numbers (over 60+), "decision makers" names, and even personal info on these decision makers was an impressive feat. However, the regional manager, and then later via a phone call with their boss (who they gave the impression of as the final decider) seemed less excited or impressed by the notion of building the database and the relationship with the people of those businesses. They want business cards, and to know specifically if you asked about their current uniform provider it seems.

I am aware of my less than overly extrovert character traits, I admitted this in the initial interview. I also admitted to working over 60 hours a week, foregoing sleep and time at home just to accomplish my goals with my previous employer. So I think the notion that was presented: "We all have things to work on, we can BUILD confidence of our products IN you" would have been more welcoming with a follow up of faith that its really what you believe, not just something nice to say during an interview.

Overall, no negative connotation intended. "Survey Exercise" is a good trial by fire, they seem to have growing market share despite not being "The Big Name"of this particular industry and despite the downturn in O&G market (at least the numbers appear that way). I would welcome a call back if future considerations led to it.

Interview Questions

• The amount of information provided in the first 10+ weeks of training is like drinking from a fire hose in each hand -- how badly does this intimidate you?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a telephone interview at first came in met with the sales manager from there I took another week I was given an assignment to Describe my road to success as to the president club from there I took a week talk with the regional manager was ask if you questions about myself and sales process was easy I make you feel at ease

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Pompano Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions regarding your background and level of experience. No silly trick questions or role plays. they are just trying to establish if you would be a good fit for the position so do your homework on the company website and review the products and services.

Interview Questions

• They review what you put on your resume and pretty much just have an open conversation about your sales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was extended and I accepted. They extend the same offer to everyone so there is not a negotiation. It's a fair salary offer and then you can make much more in commissions but you don't starve if you have an OFF week.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UniFirst in February 2014.

Interview

contacted by sales manager. then phone call, meet in person. interviewed by branch manager then presentation. it all went well and as expected. good experience. there is lot of training before they let you go solo but it is good training