- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at UniFirst
Interviews for Top Jobs at UniFirst
- Outside Sales Representative (126)
- Sales Representative (58)
- Route Sales Representative (13)
- Sales Manager (9)
- Sales (8)
- District Service Manager (6)
- Management Trainee (6)
- District Service Supervisor (6)
- OUTSIDE SALES (5)
- RSR Route Sales Representative (5)
- Account Executive (4)
- Territory Manager (4)
- Territory Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Associate (3)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- Analyst (2)
- Appointment Setter (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Assistant Production Manager (2)
- RSR (2)
- Production Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Systems Administrator (2)
- Outside Sales Consultant (2)
- Route Sales Supervisor (2)
- Corporate Services Manager (1)
- Outbound Sales Representative (1)
- Learning & Development (1)
- Online (1)
- Warehouse Associate (1)
Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
I interviewed at UniFirst (San Antonio, TX)
Went through two interviews. They were timely and courteous. They asked questions about my experience, goals, and skills. They allowed me the appropriate amount of time to answer clearly. They also answered every question I asked clearly and directly.
- What do you bring to this company?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst
Phone interview, not hard. HR asked some simple questions and to see wether you qualify. ask about how do you know about the company, what is your previous experience, ask about related internships, and do you need sponsorship, they do not sponsor.
- Phone interview. ask about how do you know about the company, what is your previous experience, ask about related internships, and do you need sponsorship, they do not sponsor.
What people are saying about UniFirst
Got a burning question about interviews at UniFirst? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UniFirst employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UniFirst (Texas City, TX)
Lengthy and rather painful. Recruiters, then recruiter phone interview, manager interview, and wait 3 weeks. They email via recruiter and must collect 3 candidates. It may take weeks for candidates to actually show up.
- Very typical questions, resume review.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Charlotte, NC) in Oct 2023
I was contacted after applying to do a 15 minute phone interview with a recruiter from UniFirst. After the interview, he scheduled me for an onsite interview on Monday Oct 16th 2023 at 9am. I showed up at 8:50. Nobody at the front desk could find me on the schedule. Turns out the hiring. Manager was on vacation for the week. That’s fine, things happen. I called him back, no answer. He sends me a text to say that there was no hiring manager available and that I’d be contacted ASAP about my onsite interview. I waited 3 weeks with no contact. So I reached back out to the recruiter for a follow up. Zero answer. Today I got a “denial” letter from UniFirst saying I was no longer in consideration even after being told 3 times I was getting an onsite interview. I didn’t even have the chance to prove myself qualified and worthy in person because the recruiter couldn’t do their job, lied and led me on. Extremely unprofessional and during my time hiring employees, I never have treated someone with such disregard.
- Was asked basic questions during phone interview about availability, certain qualifications and “tell me about a time when” type stuff.
Anonymous Employee in Hummelstown, PA
I interviewed at UniFirst (Hummelstown, PA)
Extensive interview process. Will have you memorize a script and present the history to the managers. If you’re well versed in sales it’s extremely doable. Good luck to your future!
- What experience do you have?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at UniFirst
1. Recruiter on LinkedIn reached out and set up a call. 2. Recruiter ghosts me for (3) weeks - I reached out to her several occasions for updates, no response. During this 3 week period another UniFirst recruiter tries to schedule an interview via LinkedIn, I let her know I am in the process of interviewing. 3. After 3 weeks she texts and emails me asking if I can do another interview with a quick turn around time. I say sure schedule the interview 2 days from call with her. 4. I have a great in-person interview, manager offers me a final interview during our 1.5 hour meeting. 5. Final interview is a PowerPoint presentation (that was a first for me). I created my PowerPoint and was complimented on how great it was. They let me know I should hear by end of week. Again, I am ghosted. I have reached out to the recruiter and the manager who initially interviewed me. I was excited to be considered for this position based off the website and reputation for caring about employees. Unfortunately, this has been such an awful and confusing experience. Recruiters and Management want you to drop everything you do to go to multiple interviews and create PowerPoints... Only to completely ghost you. The funny thing is today I was sent ANOTHER message on LinkedIn asking if I was interested in the open position. There needs to be better communication between recruiters. I have been offered an interview by 3 different recruiters now.
- Tell us about your sales experience?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
I interviewed at UniFirst (Chicago, IL)
Easy, Smooth. Easy to talk to. Did not feel pressured at all. Was very respectful. Was quick and to the point. Did not take very long and did not make me feel nervous.
- How soon can you start
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
I interviewed at UniFirst (Macon, GA)
I applied online through indeed. Two days later, I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screening interview. I was then scheduled an in person interview with the Branch Manager.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. I interviewed at UniFirst in Jul 2023
I had a meet and greet with Sales Manager where more information was provided about the job, day-in-the-life type of stuff. General questions were asked about why I was interested. Shared more about my background.
- How do I feel about wearing a uniform?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UniFirst (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2023
Initial Phone Interview w HR. If you pass they will set up following interview w Hiring Manager. Either in person or over a Zoom, Im assuming based on the hiring manager schedule.
- Why UniFirst? Tell me about your current and past positions? Do you use any type of CRM, if so, which one? Why are you leaving your current position?
UniFirst Interviews FAQs
Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at UniFirst as 54.8% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Maintenance Supervisor and Inside Sales rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Intern and Data Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.
The hiring process at UniFirst takes an average of 16.78 days when considering 330 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Maintenance Supervisor had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Route Supervisor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).
Common stages of the interview process at UniFirst according to 330 Glassdoor interviews include:
Phone Interview: 19.05%
One on One Interview: 17.18%
Drug Test: 13.52%
Background Check: 12.41%
Group Panel Interview: 9.44%
Skills Test: 8.33%
Personality Test: 4.93%
IQ Intelligence Test: 3.06%