KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WD Partners Reviews

Updated May 20, 2022

Found 88 of over 96 reviews

3.3
WD Partners CEO Chris Doerschlag (no image)
Chris Doerschlag

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 16 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and overall, the company employs a skilled and talented set of associates.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Ethical, culture, value,work life balance(in 4 reviews)
  • "Teams actually care about their work(in 4 reviews)
  • "Good Work environment in the company(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super nice coworkers and lots of variety of projects to work on. Had a great time when I was there

Cons

Although the workplace environment was positive, there were many times when the job was stressful meeting right deadlines

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience working with us. We wish you the best in your future employment!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

"ok" place to work at best

Jan 31, 2022 - Senior Mechanical Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, a lot of PTO

Cons

Workload fluctuates inconsistently. Management takes on work that they know the company does not have enough staffing to handle. Little to no accountability. Very little room for advancement.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

great opportunities for growth

Oct 13, 2021 - Architectural Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

innovative senior leadership, supports self starters.

Cons

lack of bench strength and resourcing.

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you're having a positive experience working with us. Please call Jessica on our Talent Care team so we can tell you about what we have happening behind the scenes in Recruiting to support and balance existing + future workloads of our current teams.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High stress work environment with lack of stability

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to work with well-known brands

Cons

High turnover- so much so that they have begun to have a known reputation for it by those in the city that work in the industry Salary and benefits are not competitive Tight and often unrealistic deadlines Expectation to work ridiculous hours with little to no recognition or appreciation Non-existent on boarding Little if any access to management for guidance Having to play office politics Employees making inappropriate comments that created an uncomfortable work environment Lays off workers and takes away health insurance same day

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best in your future employment. For others reading this feedback, we’d like to highlight some of the things that we’re proud of at WD. In 2021, our overall turnover was 17% and our 6-year average turnover is 26%. If you compare that to the Bureau of Labor Statistic’s national averages, we’re doing much, MUCH better than the rest of the country – even in our own industry and region – where the annual separation/turnovers are in the 40-60% ranges for that same 6 years. (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.t16.htm#jolts_table16.f.10) We’re really proud that our clients are keeping us busy and our associates are choosing to stay! We’re also very proud of the work our teams do to welcome new Associates. Our onboarding program is a partnership between Talent Care and the new hire’s manager and we work together to pre-schedule new Associates with a variety of people within the company. In most cases, the feedback we get about onboarding is that it’s highly organized and helpful with expanding their connections outside of the discipline they’ll be working in day-to-day. This onboarding is available to all associates, regardless of work location, including Associates working remote. We also offer a Recognition Program that can be utilized by managers and our Executive Leadership team to reward high-performing Associates individually in a variety of ways throughout the year. This program can be used in addition to our other compensation adjustments. In the WD Associate Satisfaction Survey from April 2021, here is how our Associates rated their satisfaction with working at WD… - 8.3 out of 10: Overall Satisfaction Score - 8.9 out of 10: “I would like to be working at WD Partners a year from now” - 9.1 out of 10: “Inappropriate or derogatory comments and behaviors are not tolerated on my team.” - 9.3 out of 10: “My manager treats everyone fairly with respect, regardless of their differences or background.” - 8.2 out of 10: "I’m able to manage my work in a way that allows me to maintain a healthy balance between work and home.” We examine all reviews from Glassdoor to identify any trends or areas of concern, but we also encourage all Associates to reach out to their manager, Executive Leadership Team Member, and/or Talent Care at any time. We do our best to offer potential solutions and share what is being done to address those concerns, though we understand that available outcomes may not always resolve all frustrations.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good and Bad

Aug 22, 2021 - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are great and company CEO is great to work for

Cons

Benefits are lacking and no bonus

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you're having a positive experience working with us. Please contact Jessica in Talent Care and we can get you connected with our Benefits Administrator to make sure you have our complete list of benefits. We've found that sometimes Associates aren't aware of some of the things that we offer and we don't want you to miss out!

6. 1.0

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Sep 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're lucky, you get to work on a wide variety of projects because their clients are massive and always have work. For the most part, the people are pretty okay to work with.

Cons

Management never listens to their employees. When we have too much work, they don't care and pile more on. There was one week where I literally had 37 deadlines due within a three-day period. And that's not uncommon there. My department was notorious for coming in at 6:30am each morning, and if I arrived at the office at 7:00am, before ALL the other departments in the office, I would either get made fun of or get in trouble with management. And no, I didn't work a certain shift, I worked a regular "9-5" job. I also had an incident with a fellow co-worker over a one year period that I reported as harassment (following the advice of a lawyer), and was met by both my manager and HR with "get the heck over it and stop being so sensitive". That was the last straw for me.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best in your future employment. For others reading this feedback, we’d like to highlight some of the things that we’re proud of at WD. In 2021, our overall turnover was 17% and our 6-year average turnover is 26%. If you compare that to the Bureau of Labor Statistic’s national averages, we’re doing much, MUCH better than the rest of the country – even in our own industry and region – where the annual separation/turnovers are in the 40-60% ranges for that same 6 years. (https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.t16.htm#jolts_table16.f.10) We’re really proud that our clients are keeping us busy and our associates are choosing to stay! In the WD Associate Satisfaction Survey from April 2021, here is how our Associates rated their satisfaction with working at WD… - 8.3 out of 10: Overall Satisfaction Score - 8.9 out of 10: “I would like to be working at WD Partners a year from now” - 9.1 out of 10: “Inappropriate or derogatory comments and behaviors are not tolerated on my team.” - 9.3 out of 10: “My manager treats everyone fairly with respect, regardless of their differences or background.” - 8.2 out of 10: I’m able to manage my work in a way that allows me to maintain a healthy balance between work and home.” We examine all reviews from Glassdoor to identify any trends or areas of concern, but we also encourage all Associates to reach out to their manager, Executive Leadership Team Member, and/or Talent Care at any time. We do our best to offer potential solutions and share what is being done to address those concerns, though we understand that available outcomes may not always resolve all frustrations.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Architectural studio with design services

Dec 8, 2020 - Senior Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive studio environment Great group of creative thinkers and doers

Cons

Sometimes find yourself looking for communications or guidance on projects

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, not much job security

Feb 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here are first-rate and wonderful colleagues. I enjoyed the environment, focus, and dedication of the employees.

Cons

Lots of turnover and no job security or re-allocating resources.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Architect

Jan 22, 2021 - Architecture in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No space to grow. Only for project manager firm

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Excellent

Aug 31, 2020 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great place with a ton to learn with a lot of disciplines to learn from

Cons

Don’t have any cons as there were a ton of opportunities

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a great experience working with us and we wish you all the best in the future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews

WD Partners Reviews FAQs

WD Partners has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 96 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at WD Partners to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WD Partners employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WD Partners. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

53% of WD Partners employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WD Partners 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WD Partners to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with WD Partners Job Seekers