WD Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2019

Found 67 reviews

2.9
Chris Doerschlag
Pros
  • "Great teams, great people with a comfortable office culture(in 8 reviews)

• "Nice/although always changing work environment (building)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Ownership and upper management vision do not align causing frequent change and lack of direction(in 6 reviews)

• "Implementation of a Project Management by non- architectural or engineering professionals(in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and people. Loved working there but needed something else

Cons

nothing really except no career progression

WD Partners2018-04-23
  2. "Good People - Too many yes’ w/o the resources"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teams, great people with a comfortable office culture.

Cons

More work is taken on or agreed to than there are resources for which lead to an incredible amount of persistent overtime. There is a lot of what appears to be say yes now and figure it out later.

Advice to Management

Check in with the teams managing and developing the product more often. See where resources are more critical to maintain a better balance with less burn out.

WD Partners2019-02-26
  3. "no career advancement, CEO misses big picture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Several Senior people to learn from in this ORG. Flex work Fridays is the main benefit of working here. Good PTO.

Cons

First, Bad insurance. Second the CEO takes 5-10 Mill a year all while paying his employees as little as possible and blabbing on about irrelevant things at his quarterly meetings. You will work lots of overtime and the managers will feel little to no remorse for asking this of you. There is a reason they typically hire people from out of town. This company is full of type "A" personalities that will use and abuse you...

Advice to Management

Hire better people so the entire crew doesn't have to work so much overtime. This is the reason everybody has been leaving in droves to go to Larson because they do not have to work 60 hours a week there.

WD Partners2019-03-01
  4. "Mechanical Engineering Associate"

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, steady flow of work

Cons

Smaller retail projects become repetitive

WD Partners2018-07-27
    • "Worst Top management ever seen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is good and office ambience is nice.

Cons

Top management is worst doesn't knows anything technically. No compensation for extra hours n working days. None of the employee are more experienced.

Advice to Management

Leave your Ego at home.

WD Partners2018-07-02
      • "Project Manager"

I worked at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Directors are all great. They look out for their teams and try to work with each employees needs and capabilities.

Cons

This place is choas. In an effort to keep costs low the office is understaffed and hires/fires people routinely. Employees are moved between projects on a daily basis. Deadlines are missed and mistakes are made. I it demoralizing to be a part of a failing team.

Advice to Management

Tone it down on the ERP and listen to project teams. Towards the end of my time I was spending about an hour a day calling every director who would take my call begging for an EE to work on projects which each a month behind. I was told the daily pleading was "part of my job." You'll find those hours billed to my projects.

WD Partners2018-05-13
      • "manager"

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

nice people and work environment

Cons

senior leadership and direction are lacking

WD Partners2018-05-09
      • "The people are the best and the work is creative and challenging."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Dublin, OH

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

The people are the best thing. We spend more time with each other than our families and the work family here Rocks! The benefits are very good and the typical workday provides a great work/life balance. We give back to our community in many different ways and the company not only encourages it but provides many opportunities to do so. The opportunity for learning is outstanding. There is some kind of Lunch-n-Learn...

Cons

The communication could be better. Many times someone will get a promotion and people don’t know about it until you read it on the monthly newsletter. This makes no sense because people should be celebrated. Some directors are afraid to provide constructive criticism of my work. The only way we’re going to get better is to be open and honest with each other.

Advice to Management

Promote open and honest conversation with employees. The communication between executive level and workers needs to improve.

WD Partners2018-04-01
      • "Good place to grow and learn for a few years"

I have been working at WD Partners full-time

Pros

Casual dress code, half day Friday, plenty of independence (projects are not micro managed), collaborative architectural team.

Cons

Lack of performance reviews, stagnate salary, MEP teams not willing to help architectural team, very tight budgets that lead to poor quality drawings (all drawings are expected to be completed by associates in Mumbai).

Advice to Management

Employees need to be rewarded for individual successes not team successes. The effort put in is never rewarded.

WD Partners2017-12-27

"No for you if you want a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at WD Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people at the ground level. Nice/although always changing work environment (building). Ok benefits.

Cons

This is not a company you want to join if you want a career. If you are looking for something short term to get a couple years of experience, then it might be ok. There is no consistency or planning. Everything is done on a whim or on the emotions of an unstable leadership. The “leadership” does not communicate very well, if at all, and when they do, they talk out of both sides of their mouth. There is no transparency...

Advice to Management

Ignoring a problem will not make it go away. If you keep repeating the same mistakes you will never become the company you promise people it can be.

WD Partners2017-10-30