WeWork Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
WeWork Founder and CEO Adam Neumann
Adam Neumann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free beer, pretty wallpaper, people will think you're "cool" for working at a (in 15 reviews)

• Get to meet great people that are starting awesome companies (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is almost nonexistent when you're in the community team; i clocked in (in 26 reviews)

• You work long hours, especially in community (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WeWork (More than 3 years)

Pros

- WeWork allows you to grow as long as you keep producing good work.
    - Smart people all around you that you can learn from.
    - Great Perks
    - Awesome Co-Workers

Cons

Ceiling for internal employees
    Consistency should be sought after

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

2. "Best career move I've made"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-VERY positive atmosphere.. coworkers are supportive, helpful, encouraging, happy
    -people are passionate about the mission/values. Strong customer/"member" focus
    -endless career opportunities with a rapidly expanding business. strong financial outlook.
    -insanely cool all-employee meetings (private snoop dog concert?!)

Cons

-there is no 401k match

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on doing right by your employees

3. "Community Management"

Current Employee - Community Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Community Lead in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never seen a company truly embody by their values, growth opportunities, work culture is great & surrounded by people (members + colleagues) who lift you up and make work so fun and fulfilling

Cons

Needs 401k matching. Sometimes buildings can be a bit understaff especially with the massive growth (not a terrible problem, but with more support per building we can succeed even more)

"not worth it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at WeWork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting and networking with a lot of businessmen and women.
    Holidays off & paid.

Cons

The Management Is HORRIBLE.
    Unless you want to be treated like a child, do millions of things that a "housekeeper" isn't supposed to do, treated like you're beneath management, keep stopping your work to do management work, then yelled at once you're behind... Skip this place! Its seriously not worth the stress they put you through.

Advice to Management

Stop treating workers like they're your kids. Stop getting offended when workers who've been supervisors elsewhere before coming here help you or nicely correct many mistakes you guys make! Were not trying to take your job, we're helping you!

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Bulding Information Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bulding Information Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting and innovative work, lots of smart people

Cons

Lack of Transparency. Company organizational structure is always changing, sometimes it can be a bit exhausting.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent

"Good team culture"

Current Employee - Development Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Development Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good team culture.
    -Autonomy in the day to day
    -Ability to gain great experience while working with a great team.
    - supportive team mates

Cons

- bureaucracy
    - upper management lacks awareness of the day to day and lays out challenging expectations which eventually leads to burn out of employees
    - a lot of inexperienced junior people who are given important decision making positions

7. "Great"

Current Employee - CSA in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - CSA in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at WeWork (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and good managers to work for.

Cons

None at all like everything about the job

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

"Community service associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are good to work with and health insurance is good

Cons

For a 20 billion dollar company and growing stop paying your csas low wages there the face of the company and makes the company thrive ...there is no educational opportnities for advancement and there is no union and your an at will employee

Advice to Management

Invest more money into your csas your a 20 billion dollar company you can afford it we dnt care about summer camp or the summit use that money to give csas pay raises they make wework thrive stop low balling and being greedy

"Worked myself to the bone - nothing to show for it."

Former Employee - Community Sales Leader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Community Sales Leader in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a fun culture to be a part of in and outside of work.

Cons

Upper management will treat and talk to you as if there is no other company to work for in the world other than WeWork. They paint themselves as an understanding and all inclusive environment. They will tell you to be your self. However, you better learn when to duck your head down and not call out their BS. "Be yourself, so long as we like you."

I worked hard at this job and the building I sold for was the top selling location in NYC for several months. Still, my manager felt my performance lacked. At WeWork you will be over worked. 8:30AM to 6:00PM Monday-Friday is the MINIMUM amount of time you will be working. Don't forget the weekly Monday night meeting and company happy hours. Once they find out you're not attending the happy hours, suddenly you're not a culture fit.

Advice to Management

When I interviewed for my position with the Global Operations Manager I asked him "What is the work life balance like?" He hesitated and said "Well... we don't like to say that work is separate from life at WeWork. Some nights I'm working till 9PM and taking tequila shots with 25 year old employees."

Advice: Know how to answer the one question that EVERY employee cares about the most aside from pay and benefits.

Also, 70% of your revenue comes from your community leads taking tours and selling the space. Try throwing them a bonus?

"Don't. Work. Here."

Current Employee - Community in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Community in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WeWork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free beer, pretty wallpaper, people will think you're "cool" for working at a $20B unicorn. If you're on Community, you will probably like the individuals you work with, we've still got some gems left. Maybe things are better outside of San Francisco..?

Cons

You won't be compensated fairly, you'll be expected to work consultant hours on a receptionist salary. You won't get promoted unless you become best friends with a few specific people/happen to already be related to them. You will live with the constant fear of being fired at any given moment. You will never ever be able to speak your mind, no matter how helpful your idea could be to the company. Your support staff/digital tools/manager will never work/be around/exist when you need them. You will at first vehemently reject, but then learn quickly that those who say WeWork is overvalued are so, so right.

Honestly, a year and change ago I read all of these reviews before accepting my role and I WISH I HAD LISTENED. Do not join this company. Working here has been horrific in so many ways.

Advice to Management

Don't lie. Don't lie to candidates during job interviews, don't lie in performance reviews, don't motivate with bonuses that never come, don't ghost-fire, don't espouse values you can't embody. Stop micro-managing, stop hiring based on age instead of experience, stop hiring based on nepotism, stop allowing politics to run your business. Get back to empowering the Community Builders that run your spaces. Stop spending so much green on new business lines, and build a core product that actually works.