WeWork Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

3.2
WeWork Co-CEO Artie Minson and Sebastian Gunningham (no image)
Artie Minson and Sebastian Gunningham
Pros
Cons
  • "Pace of company can sometimes offset work-life balance(in 69 reviews)

• "Since you have full ownership of your Lab, it is not uncommon to work long hours(in 59 reviews)

1. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive community of people who are driven to learn, give back, and be the best person in their role

Cons

At this stage I can't report anything!

"A La La Land Like No Other"

Former Employee - HQ - Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time for more than a year

Pros

VERY cool HQ--beer, fruit water, and other treats on tap, free breakfast, amazing decor, lots of events and cool trendy vendors who bring free stuff--if you like to humblebrag via Insta, you'll love this place. Some cool people --celebrities come in and out, your colleagues are generally very attractive folks, there's a sense of excitement and true commitment to the work (borderline evangelism) depending on who you work with and what you do. Name recognition and valuation -- company is a rising star and it's worth having on your resume. A cool mission on the surface--bringing community together, helping people do what they love (making work a passion rather than a chore) through connection.

Cons

This place is like drinking from one continuous Kool-Aid jug. VERY cult-y and cliquey. You are either in or you're out, and if you're out, rather than cut you loose right away, they gaslight you. It's actually kind of shocking how many people I've seen be treated so poorly here, and perhaps no coincidence that they were folks of color. Kind of hard to find the down to earth people I did find. I enjoyed the Community teams and Security/Ops/Real Estate people I met, probably because they were constantly "hustling," but the HR team (the PEOPLE team, for goodness sake) and a lot of other "prominent" faces were consistently rude, with an overinflated sense of self and zero idea of how the WeWork "values" translate into behaviors/contributions from a prospective employee POV. You have to have been there since the start, or be prepared to ingratiate yourself, to get any traction in your professional development or career path. I was always shocked how badly my manager wanted to be liked, and how much they were willing to do to be liked, to get any kind of clout and/or promotion just bc they hadn't started out at WeWork as a community team member. Never mind that they were super qualified for their job. Pay varies depending on who you are; some people earn market value...some people very very much don't, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency that determines which is which. TGIM. Thank God it's Monday. Mandatory Monday meetings. Sometimes they circulate tequila shots. Is that a plus? Not sure. Summer Camp. Adult Summer Camp. With EDM, people in salmon colored shorts, and lots of loud rowdy entitled folks. If that's anything but a con for you, you probably belong here and godspeed.

Continue reading

"Great company"

Current Employee - Outpatient Counselor in New York, NY

I have been working at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is amazing and the offices are fun!

Cons

I had no bad experiences while working there.

"Incredible ride and opportunity to have an impact on the world"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mission. Inspiring leadership. Socially conscious organization. Lots of incredible challenges to solve. You're working on a product that you use, and talk to customers every single day. Collaborative culture.

Cons

This is a crazy startup, so you need to be comfortable with change and rapid iteration. Benefits could be better.

5. "Great environment to work"

Current Employee - Project Architect

I have been working at WeWork full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful team members & good job challenges and responsibilities

Cons

Team working is a key.

Continue reading
  6. "Was great but too short"

Former Employee - Strategy Lead in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked for Rise by We, with an extremely passionate and open minded team

Cons

The company was falling apart at the time

7. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time for less than a year

Pros

great team, amazing people to work with. management was shaky and should've been a sign to get out ASAP.

Cons

management was changing every other week.

8. "Good for a time"

Former Employee - Architect Lead in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time

Pros

Great office culture and great place to intelligent hardworking people

Cons

Poor leadership. Company grew so fast it simply filled roles with whoever was available

9. "We"

Current Employee - Community Lead in Seattle, WA

I have been working at WeWork full-time

Pros

Culture - People - they're wonderful Innovative

Cons

Poor Comm from leadership Constant job cuts No long term stability

10. COVID-19

"Trials and Tribulation"

Former Employee - Community Manager in New York, NY

I worked at WeWork full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fast-pace, high-growth, challenging environment forcing you to own your business, lean into data analysis, and creative problem solve while considering scalability

Cons

leadership did a poor job during COVID19 protecting Community teams, and gaining the trust of our customers. If they continue this, I'm not sure customers can stay loyal to the brand.

Found 918 reviews