WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Community Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of a screening call via video with a recruiter at the central office in NYC. Second step was a video interview with a local area manager.

I the experience was overall very easy and positive. I liked the individuals I spoke with and was a little bummed when they decided to not move forward with my candidacy. I might recommend to interviewees that you lead with your experience- or at least make a strong attempt to make sure it gets woven into the conversation. It happened that majority of the conversations were about me or about why I was interested in the company, and I wish I had thought to push and give greater context to my relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to WeWork? How did I find out about the role? Asked about salary requirement range.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

The woman doing the interview was less than thrilled and honestly seemed uneducated about the position. The interview was a skype interview... her lack of enthusiasm was a negative. They should look for someone else who is actually invested in their job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A “mingle” event initially, followed by a building visit/job shadow that turned out to also be an in-person interview. After this interview I was told that I would hear back within a week or so, but never heard anything. I emailed various individuals to inquire further and was never contacted by anyone. The same thing happened to a good friend who also applied. Very unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Which of our values in our mission statement stand out to you most?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was mayhem. I had around 6 interviews, and was never really given a clear description on how many I would have. My interviews were canceled day of and rescheduled many times. I felt taken advantage of because they knew I wanted the job. For a basic entry level job, this was so much.

Interview Questions

• Why WeWork?
      What type of community events would you throw and why?
      How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online through a referral, never heard back from them; however, I kept checking my online application regularly for a few months and so after about three months my online status went from "Received" to "Completed". If you take time to review the application, at least have the decency to inform an applicant of the decision regardless what it may be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Step 1) A video recording interview where 7 questions were shown on the screen and you have 30-60 seconds to answer them.
    Step 2) A Google Hangouts video interview between me and recruiter. I was asked basic questions about myself, why I applied, told of the responsibilities of the role, and asked for my thoughts
    Step 3) A face-to-face meeting with two people together. One was a Senior Community Manager and the other a Community Director. I've heard of people who interviewed with one person, 2 directors, two managers, etc. Seems to have varied.
    Step 4) A 2hr shadowing of one of their locations. I basically followed individuals from their team around and asked questions. This seems to have been a personality test of how well I'd get along with a team.

The entire process, from me applying to being told I was hired took about 6 weeks. Then after I was officially hired I was told it would still be another 3 weeks until my start day. So plan for a long haul!

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

A five interview process for an entry-level position. I did extremely well at all my interviews, and my last was a video interview where my interviewer was EATING A GRANOLA BAR THE ENTIRE TIME.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of games did you play as a child? Did you play puzzles?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was refered by an employee. First had a video call with a hiring manager who was super friendly, asked me the typical interview questions. Then I passed to the next round which was an in-person interview with two WeWork employees. Then last step was a shadowing at one of the locations to a current community associate to learn about the position and experience it in depth.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through an employee referral and heard back within a few hours. I scheduled an online skype interview a few days later with a wonderful employee. She then told me I was moving on to the next round which was about 5 days later. I met two women in the community team in person which was a little nerve-wracking. I felt comfortable talking with them, but some questions were a surprise for me! They were also very nice and professional! I heard back a day later and came in for a site-visit that same week. The site-visit went very well and I met some people on the team, and really enjoyed the whole vibe of wework!

I appreciated how fast everything was in the hiring process.

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

The WeWork interview process was bizarre and frankly just ridiculous. Someone from upper-management was in from New York and interviewed me. It involved her asking me questions and she scrolled through her emails (she was *VERY* important), and then her setting up a group of random employees and pushing me towards them while telling me to “INTERACT” as she watched, while simultaneously FaceTiming someone else. It was laughable and one of the strangest experiences I have had. Seems very cult-ish and condescending. The whole thing felt very arrogant, contrived and out of touch with reality— very ironic for a business that claims to be so people-focused. Plus they pay their entry-level employees 12.50/hr... really? Seems like their only focus is other people’s MONEY... just saying!