eBay Reviews

Found 3,959 of over 4,795 reviews

4.1
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone

What people are saying about eBay

Join the conversation on

Product Management

1y

works at

Uber Technologies Inc

I just got an offer for a PM role at eBay. I don’t have an Eng background and I’ve never had a PM title within tech, although my previous roles involved a lot of PM-type work. So effectively this would be me “breaking into” product management and finally having the title. I think this could open a lot of doors but I’m very hesitant about eBay. It’s obviously not a “hot” company right now and I’m not sure how respected it would be for getting other PM jobs in the future. Should I make the jump?

6 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=eBay~7853
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people and some good out of office events(in 460 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and an initial fun atmosphere.(in 386 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance for most people but honestly its cos no one is self motivated anymore.(in 384 reviews)
  • "Great culture and values.(in 263 reviews)
  • "All good and it was a good pay(in 156 reviews)
Cons
  • "Ebay will probably go out of business due to poor management left to make despotic rules unchecked.(in 198 reviews)
  • "A bad manager can make or break your experience.(in 98 reviews)
  • "Mismanagement and poor leadership which make wrong decisions and fail to realize it until its past due..(in 80 reviews)
  • "terrible upper management leaves a lot to be desired(in 51 reviews)
  • "Frequent layoffs happening around the company(in 38 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eBay and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Excellent

Mar 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent, good work/life balance, no complaints

Cons

Nothing at all, absolutely perfect

eBay Response

Thank you very much for the awesome review! We too have no complaints and really appreciate your time. If you think of something you'd like to share, send us an email to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

2. 5.0

Excellent Company

May 27, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thorough training, compassionate and very patient with all trainees. Benefits day one. Inclusive and really work with their employees to help them succeed in their role.

Cons

No cons at all! So far everything is great!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Failure to Support Employees

May 24, 2022 - E2M in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Standard benefits. Free food in the breakroom. Higher pay than most call center jobs.

Cons

They continue to change how long training should be-either too long or too short. They had us be the LITERAL 1 Team of all of this international company to do things differently, telling us to turn down customers for legitimate concerns (when they want more credit but don't really sell to offset the risk balance). They did not give us support when customers of course then had concerns due to this. Hold times for customers is regularly an hr. You HAVE to stay on the line while being sexually harassed by customers. I would have cramps and they would be mad about how my face and voice sounded while in excruciating pain. I was straight up talked to about this. They say they allow OT because they don't want you to rush the customer off the phone-but then reprimand you for OT.

4. 5.0

LOVE my job at ebay

May 25, 2022 - GCX BSE Customer Service Representative in Dacula, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive training Lots of Support Great Pay Work from Home

Cons

Work most holidays and schedule means I won't be able to spend time with my family

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work with people that care

May 23, 2022 - Senior Product Manager II in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Most folks are super passionate about customers - Leadership that cares for your growth and general well being

Cons

- Stock price has not be generating outsized returns - Compensation is slightly lower compared to FAANG and some other high growth tech companies.

6. 5.0

Great Employer

May 20, 2022 - Senior Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Executive communications, frequent town halls and engagement surveys Meaningful mission and values Well-known and respected company Collaborative culture and atmosphere

Cons

Complex technology stacks Can be difficult to track down the right person

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great at first. Not so much now.

Apr 2, 2022 - GCX Risk Teammate II - E2m
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are really good benefits or other perks. Bonuses are a good motivator in trying to consistently do better. Good pay rate compared to most places. Great leadership and support from your team.

Cons

Impossible metrics to meet when phone lines are used incorrectly or calls are transferred to the wrong line of business. It's great at first, then the members constantly angry at you because of misinformation given to them or promises made to them that are not followed through and the stress of trying to get other lines of businesses to do their job just to be met with hang ups and disconnects catches up after a while. The lack of advancement opportunities subjects you to the issues I mentioned above keeps you in a cycle of the above mentioned day in and day out. The stress of the above can have a really negative impact on your mental and physical well being as I've found out.

8. 2.0

Working for EBay

May 12, 2022 - Buy/Sell Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health benefits , Work from home

Cons

Micro Manage like crazy no sick time, Job performance Is based off customer Survey so basically even if you doing everything right or correct you still can get a bad survey and it affects you job, everyone quit because the job overall is overwhelming and stressful they will paint a picture of the job being one way unit you see for yourself I just feel like the company need to reevaluate on how to better assist there employees and not "Act" like you care. That's why there turn over rate is very high like everyone quits!!!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work here if you want to commit suicide

Apr 6, 2022 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, Nothing else, Nothing else, Nothing else, Nothing else

Cons

I gave one star for the compensation, but eBay makes sure every penny you get paid is earned by you by draining you with work, without even letting you to finish your on boarding. I was asked to finish my on boarding training after business hours and was asked to provide an estimate on tickets on my first week at work. To summarize, toxic environment, bad work culture that doesn't care about employee's personal life, negative work life balance, discrimination, unnecessary escalations and design meetings everyday that run for hours and nothing productive during those hours wasting developer's time. Manager has no clue about any projects and only wants to finish the projects before the timeline cutting short the development process. Every manager wants to be a hero in this company by making the managees work extra hours day and night and during weekends, taking away time from family.

2 people found this review helpful

eBay Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review of eBay. We're sorry to hear you feel like your experience at eBay has been not so great. If there's more you'd like to share, please do so by emailing us at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

10. 5.0