eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2018

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

There is a phone screen for 1 hr first. After you pass it, there would be an onsite for 4 hrs. 4 people asked technical questions for an hour.

Call Centre Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very fast, entire process took 2 weeks, from initial contact to onsite interview. Actual interview was one-on-one, very laid back and to the point. 20 mins, max. No intimidation tactics, no crazy questions. Prior to in person, you have yo record answers to questions via an interview app, which was a bit awkward.

Ebay Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through their careers section back in late April, received an email the next day requesting me to complete a few online assessments. After completing the assessment, I was sent a invite to complete an interview via video within the same day. About the second week of May I received an email for an additional phone-call based interview with a recruiter. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was advised that I would hear back regarding a decision in the next two weeks. 48 hours later I receive an email requesting an on-site interview/job-role preview, and happily accept. I arrive to my interview/job-preview, and the campus is AMAZING. It’s very discreet, but once your inside it’s company culture galore. Everything one would hope to see, smiling faces & all! They call me back to the secured floor area for my job-preview, and I couldn’t have been happier with the amazing soul they partnered me with. She was amazingly knowledgeable, very detailed with her work, and knew her scope of support like a true champ. She gave me an insight to eBay that left me wanting more, and amp’ed me up for my final interview. After my preview I am taken back to the HR area to a private office that had a mod-vibe like the rest of the office. I am greeted by a operations supervisor who conducts my interview. He was so welcoming, knowledgeable, had a wonderful sense of humor, and was as equally empowering as my job-preview partner was. I was blown away, and after the interview I knew I had found my home. I was given a phone call 45 minutes after my final interview with an offer of employment that I happily accepted. All together the initial hiring process took approximately 2 - 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you and another individual did not see eye to eye in a professional environment. How did you react in this situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge of eBay’s history?   Answer Question

CU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

It was great. I applied online, I did a video interview, then a test, then they called me on the phone, and finally did a in person interview. They even let you experience what you'll be doing on the job to get a better feel for it.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Started off with conversation with recruiter, then interviewed with manager. The interview with the director took some time to align schedule, but was completed within two weeks. Then was told that I was top external candidate for multiple weeks.

Then begins a series of events that kept stringing me allow for additional 3 weeks. After repeated emails that I was still being considered, emails stop.

No "we are going with a different candidate". They just stopped responding to emails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Horrible experience, no streamlined process, unprofessionalism

I was contacted by a recruiter after having an initial call the recruiter didn't contact for 3 weeks, I was then contacted by a hiring manager and one telephonic screening round was scheduled. 10 min after the screening round the manager called me said they want to call me onsite, since I was actively interviewing I alined all my interviews and ebay got a free pass and no flight booking was required. But having said that they provide no food refund no transport refund and worse they book a place for you but don't pay for it was surprised they us to pay for the hotel.

On the same day, I informed them that I am in a hurry for a response, I gave the interview on Friday and on Tuesday one of the HR contacted me saying He has received an initial positive response and I am waiting for other responses meanwhile he wants to start the compensation approval role so that they can role out an offer within 24-48 hours.
    Heres when the limit was reached I use to mail them every morning asking for updates and they use to simply say "nothing" this kept on for 2 weeks. I interviewed with 2 other companies after interviewing with them and they rolled out their offer but eBay still had nothing.

After 2 weeks I mailed them asking for updated and they send me a reject mail. There should be something to regulate such kind of behavior of companies like eBay they should behave professionally and take the responsibility to respond in time. My interview went well but they still send me a reject mail may after 2 weeks if it was a no they could have said no earlier first they said its positive starting discussing salary and then said no (I already had an offer with that salary I quoted to them)

Interview Questions

• Leet code, no creativity except 1 interviewer

recursion
      Tree
      Combination
      DP   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Remote, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for Senior Android developer position(MTS3) + relocation.
    They first asked me to do a medium size home exercise, then after I passed it they ask me to do a bunch of technical interviews. I interviewed 5 times remotely using their own platform(1 hour every interview). I interviewed 5 times because I was intended into a MTS3 level.

After I passed everything they have started my H1B visa application + send me a contract on which I signed.

After 2 weeks they have called me and said that the contract is canceled on their behalf because of some business change that they were doing.

I spent more than 2 months on that process, spend lots of my private time + money and it all went down the drain because someone in the management channel there has decided to drop it.

Stay away or at least be careful when interviewing for eBay!!

Interview Questions

• Design an application app - 1 screen with RecyclerView that shows the pizza stores details sorted by the distance from the user.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall good experience. The process was well organized. The process began with an employee referral, followed by a prescreening and an on-site interview. 6 rounds of interview onsite. The interview had both technical and non-technical aspects. Interviewers were courteous and always helpful in clarifying your queries.

Interview Questions

• What is the app that you are most impressed with and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in March 2018.

Interview

It was a one hour phone call. The interviewer first started with asking me about myself and my interests. Then he looked at my resume and asked me to describe my projects- what data structures I used and so on. The bulk of the time was spent on the coding problem that he asked me solve through a Google doc. I didn't get end up getting the question but the interviewer was overall very friendly, patient and gave me hints. It was a positive experience overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

A recruiter at eBay contacted me and asked me to fill out a very long survey. I never heard from him again, even after following up. I don't think that this was very considerate of my time.