eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eBay Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Nothing fancy... just your work exp. The people are smart. My observation that the person who is more experienced with ebay tends to veer into immediate problem solving in his area. They are good but are too much deep into their areas. which I can't say is good or bad...

Interview Questions

• The interviewers are knowledgable in the area they are working in... sometimes they get very focussed into an area which is ebay specific and not general... this creates difficulty for people who are not familiar to the ebay eco system...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Straightforward. one telephonic followed by an on site. Telephonic comprised of a few theoretical questions and one coding exercise. On site had 5 rounds of 45 minutes each along with a lunch interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Things moved very quickly. Questions are a combo of high level architecture/design & algorithms. Overall nothing leetcode hard/brainteasers. The onsite includes coding up a project and presenting it to the team.

Interview Questions

• Build a project (BE & FE) to crawl 3 search engines & aggregate results.   Answer Question

Head of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. HR found me on LinkedIn.
    2. We went through informal vetting process, and then I applied online for the position we discussed.
    3. I went through a teleconference with the hiring team.
    4. I was invited onsite for a day full of different interviews with cross-functional teams.
    5. Within a week I was provided the final decision & feedback.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the questions for obvious reasons. But I can definitely say that like any other big & established organizations leadership, eBay panelists knew that they were interviewing "a personality", and hence the panel did NOT necessarily focus or drilled on 1 specific area in technology or behavioral skills ... and instead covered multiple dimensions from an overall perspective.

It was a very well balanced interview, with a very mature & respectful panel.

Based on the HR feedback, I did not receive an offer primarily because my lack of experience on the Data side of things ... and given another chance I would really like to re-apply for leadership position at eBay.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

Very comfortable atmosphere and appropriate questions. They were very accommodating. Great atmosphere and young, hip workforce. I would have loved this job! Sadly, I was not offered the job at this time.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I was the customer and what I would have changed about how I was treated.   1 Answer

TPM Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called for a interview for TPM on contract job looks like they only want people who contract and are not currently working full time. The process was clear and they asked general TPM related questions

Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Neutral to Positive; HR and interviewers mostly nice and friendly. Too many steps; could be less steps and higher quality of interviews. Smart people, laid back culture. Interviewing loops need to be improved, better questions and less people (had 10-12 people in one day interviewing me).

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (Brisbane, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got this onsite interview at eBay after a share screen coding interview. The onsite interview took 6 hours. I was asked questions about coding, machine learning algorithms, and my data science experience, as well as some open end questions.

Interview Questions

• Build a model to identify customers interested in receiving ad emails.
      Machine Learning questions like boosting, bagging and stacking and so on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from consultant regarding the job opportunity, After submitting my resume Ebay got back for a phone interview . The Phone interview was only for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself. Difference between string buffer and string builder, difference between string and String buffer. Leet code Coding example.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

After you apply, you are emailed a link to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview had about 5 questions and was very easy. It gives you about 3 minutes to think about the question before it records you answering, which is nice. Then, a recruiter will view the virtual interview and if you pass, they will ask you to come on site for another interview. The on site interview is super long, about 2.5 hours worth. The first show you around the building, which is super nice, then they have you split in with an agent and listen to their calls while they take them so you can get a feel for what it's like to work there. The call center floor is very bright and spacious, which is very nice for a call center. After that, you go back downstairs to do some tests. You do a timed math, spelling & reading, typing, computer basic knowledge test, and a personality test. When you are done with that, you listen to a call and take notes about what went good, what didn't, and what you would improve. After that, you are brought in to manager with a team leader. They will first ask you about what you thought about the call you just listened to, which is why you will want to take notes. The interview was fairly easy, and lasted about 15 minutes. They ask you questions based on the STAR format, so come prepared with a few stories up your sleeve.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you receive bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a colleague did something wrong, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you prioritize things when you are slammed with so many things?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were not meeting your goals, and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question