eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a over the phone screening, typical questions such as "Why eBay?".
    About a week later was invited for a on site assessment that consisted of basic math skills, grammar, basic computer knowledge as well as the typical personality assessment.
    A few days later I was invited to a 1:1 interview with one of the team leaders, prior to the interview, I listened to a recorded call.
    I had to evaluate the call and share what went well and what could have been done better.
    After this, I listened to a live call, then proceeded to the 1:1 interview.
    Interview was STAR based type of questions, individual interviewing had a rather cold demeanor.
    After 3 or so questions, he did not even bother to go over the rest of the questions and asked if I had any questions for him.
    Not even 2 hours went by, and was quickly emailed that they are going with other candidates.
    Disappointing and I don't think I'll be bothering applying with this company again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer experience you've had and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

First a digital interview is completed and then you are invited on site. They give you a tour of the building outlining the perks, then they have you listen to calls for about 15minutes. After That you do about 45 min worth of assessments including math, computer literacy, spelling/grammar, typing and personality. You then listen to a call and write noted regarding the pros and con's of it to discuss in your interview. After that you have an one on one interview where they ask you situation and behavioral based questions. They expect you to have specific examples based on the STAR method (Situation, task, action, resolution.)

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions and then onsite interview with 4 interviewers one after the other. Once the interview was over (around 2pm), I checked my email and found out they sent me a rejection mail at noon. Good thing I did check my email during lunch

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview first which was then followed by onsite interview. I was given a company tour and we listened to customer calls to get to know how are they answered. Then was the assessment which had different sections of maths, language, simulation and personality test. In the end i was interviewed by a senior leader who asked me various questions and notes my asnwers

Interview Questions

• Did you ever come across a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

phone, followed by onsite. Interviews were average, they don't have the courtesy to give feedback after spending 5 hours at interview. I did very well in all the interviews in fact.This is my worst experience with eBay.I don't' think i want to ever apply at eBay.

Interview Questions

• asked coding questions and design   1 Answer

Data Scientist/Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

2 Skype Interviews - These are technical challenges, it seems like it's up to your interviewer to come up with what he wants to ask.

1 On Site - Never made it to this stage.

Interview Questions

• Recommender systems, describe a DS project of interest, an opportunity to answer questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by 3 onsite interviews.

Phone screen was with a recruiter who actually helps you pair up with the best job profile available. Followed by that hiring manager and other interviewers test you on different aspects of your job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience
      Solve this business problem
      Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and we talked on the phone for about 30 minutes about my experience. She was a very pleasant person and I enjoyed talking with her. She said she would send me a case study and that I would need to send it back within a few days, she also mentioned that she had sent this case study to several applicants and had not received it back. I received the case study and told her I would send it back to her, so I spent several hours (as it was a long assessment) working on it and sent it back to her. She didn't respond so I followed up the next day in case the attachments had cause the email to be blocked but I didn't receive an answer. A week later I got an automated email saying I was not being considered for the position.

I completely understand if they decided to move in a different direction but I consider a complete disrespect of my time to send me a long assessment to complete and not even get an email acknowledging the receipt.

CSIRT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Process was extremely mess and lacked clarity. Most of the time the recruiters & schedulers were OOO and quite sluggish in their response. Interview got rescheduled couple of times and then an internal recruitment was made.
    Extremely unprofessional and annoying to be wasting a candidate's time. eBay - Sorry, your hiring process let you down. You lost your credibility!

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager and discussed about half an hour on my skills, previous experience and day to day activities.

I was invited for onsite and had 4 rounds. Couple of rounds with senior engineers followed by director + product manager and then with hiring manager. I was again called in for onsite and had 3 more rounds. Thought I was almost there but was asked to talk to another manager at a different location.