eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2018

Sort:

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was hired by email, ICQ and one phone call. I was asked to submit a resumé. I didn't apply for the job. I came to their attention by posting on one of the chat boards and interacting with eBay users. I started out in SafeHarbor, the original fraud investigation unit. After two years, I was moved to Community Development.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to take the job, work from home on my computer. I worked "remote" for almost all of my over nine years of employment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was in 1997, when the company was very young, and I was just astonished to be asked to consider the job. It didn't occur to me to "negotiate." I worked for the company until April 2007 when I retired.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had several phone interviews. Came in for an all day round of interviews. Had to do a case study. Every person I encountered was friendly and very professional. They seemed smart and interested in their work. But the whole process took a month, from initial contact to offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was what I was expecting

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had attended two Phone Interviews. 1) HR call - questions regarding our behaviour and 2) Technical Call - Very deep conceptual questions. All the questions are related to algorithms. Very difficult for experienced persons to answer the questions.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

telephonic then in-person i got rejected in telephonic itself . asked few questions about java and oops concepts and some coding question and one analytical question just asked how you will solve that in an optimized manner

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a consulting company for the developer position at eBay, set up an interview for phone screen. Asked about prior ebay experience and ebay tool experience (CAL). explained that I have used this tool for my development purpose to track a defect. Asked about MS Excel VLookup function and usage, asked that difficulty in processing Excel documents. How do you calculate avg for a response time for a given requests (say out 3 requests 1 took 150 ms, 2 req took 300 each).

Interview Questions

• What is CAL ( ebay tool ), and usage?   1 Answer
    • Waht is MS Excel VLookup function and usage?   1 Answer
    • How do you calculate avg for a response time for a given requests (say out 3 requests 1 took 150 ms, 2 req took 300 each).   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Not very technical...focuses more on behaviours and is pretty straightforward. Its more about fit than anything else. You will likely meet 4-7 people and it will take many weeks.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Called for interview

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager for 30-45 mins on phone and questions were mostly around how many direct reports I had at my current position, do I have experience with hiring and firing people, who would I spend time with - the struggling team member or good performing team member etc.

Went onsite and spoke with 3 technical and 3 management people. Technical questions were mostly about variations of singleton, traceroute, mock testing, LRU cache etc. The interviewer tried to be smart about variations and was expecting answer that he wanted. This was over lunch in cafeteria and had to substitute napkins (to show data packets in traceroute) for white board. Another interviewer talked about performance testing and content management systems. He commented that think-time in load tests is not a good idea but didn't tell me a reason why. Another comment was about downside of consolidating content management systems which dissolved into a obvious response of striking a balance between over consolidation and maintaining flexibility for edge cases. Final tech. interviewer questions were about cloud and reasons for using IaaS and Paas. There were some comments on advantages/disadvantages which I tried to avoid pointing mistakes in his arguments. In between the hiring manager popped in to ask some questions about managing team members. He could not explain for few mins what he was expecting in a person for the role. He looked really busy and seemed distant for the few mins we spoke.

If the hiring manager has been with the same company for more than 10 yrs, to me its a red flag. They are heavily invested in status quo and do not have knowledge of outside world.

Did not hear back from them after 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Didn't find any questions difficult but felt the interviewers were small minded and unprepared.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interview rounds, was asked questions/programs in Java (Collections, Multithreading, OO concepts) , Data-Structures (Stack and Queue), Design Patterns (Singleton), SQL, C++. More questions about my previous work experience, school projects.
    Both were telephonic rounds.

Interview Questions

• If I mark an arraylist as final, can i add more elements to it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in January 2014.

Interview

I appied online. It took about 30 days to get call from HR. They scheduled a 40 mins technical phone interview with me. The interviewer is not responsive to my answers. Even though I was pretty sure some of the answers of the questions, but it still made me really nervous.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between stack and heap in memory   1 Answer