2U Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two phone screenings (first with a recruiter, then with members of the team), followed by a simulation of running a meeting. After that, I came for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you streamlined a process or made something more efficient in your previous work.   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

The process I went through began with a phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an interview with a few team members, and then the final component (which I did not make it to) would have been to do an on-site visit.

Here are my thoughts on the process: For one, the HR person was super knowledgable about the position which was great and somewhat uncommon. Second, the interview with the hiring manager was somewhat strange because he seemed super jargon-y and made a comment about a "manifesto" he wrote that described his goals for the team. He regurgitated some of it to me and honestly, it sounded like just that: a regurgitation of a bunch of buzzwords he'd heard from other UX people. Unimpressive. The final part that I completed was an interview with a few potential team members. They were currently working on his team. It was 2 girls (millennials) dressed unprofessionally (it was a video conference) who looked like they'd just rolled out of bed. Get ready for more jargon and annoying references to things that were surface-level research questions. There was no depth to any of this. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have not hired for this position because they lacked organization all-around. Except the HR woman who was great.

After the video conference, I never heard back. Not one word. I had spent nearly 3 hours in interviews at that point and they still have not gotten back to me. It was over 3 months ago. Thankfully, another company scooped me up in the meantime, for a better position with a higher salary, and a team of real researchers (not phony ones, as is the case with 2U).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with data that has no trend?   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted the day after submitting my online application to schedule a phone interview. This was followed by a second phone interview, followed by a third in-person interview and brief presentation.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U in March 2017.

Interview

I sent out my resume and within two weeks I was contacted for a phone interview. I met with the recruiter, it seemed to go well. I then received an email 2-3 days later indicating that i was not selected to move forward in the interview process. I reached out to the recruiter to get feedback, her response was: "Unfortunately, per our HR policy, we are not able to provide specific feedback to candidates at this stage in the recruitment process. I'd encourage you to continue to check out our Careers page to identify any other opportunities that you feel would be a good fit for you." She avoided the issue. Does anyone else know of a company who actually has an HR policy about giving feedback? I'm wondering.It was clear to me that she is a rookie recruiter without the sophistication of providing feedback. This experience gave me more insight as to the organization itself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 2U in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, had a very pleasant interview experience. Recruiter/HR phone interview was around 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions, then had two rounds of webcam interviews over following two weeks. In total, the interview process took a little under one month. I was easily able to tell how much all of the people I interacted with love 2U.

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U in March 2017.

Interview

Organized interview process; two phone interviews for me. However, I was told the second interview would be through webcam, but the manager ended up calling me. Overall basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which your co-worker wasn't cooperating?   Answer Question

Applications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

It is a three round interview process that starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. If that goes well, you have an in person or a phone interview with the manager, depending. Then you have a third round interview in person with the manager and the director.

Applications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to set up a phone interview the next day. The recruiter I dealt with called 15 minutes late and then rushed through the interview. She gave very short answers to the questions I had and seemed uninterested in conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on multiple projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Vice President/GM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD).

Interview

After applying online, I had an initial phone interview with an HR recruiter who was courteous, enthusiastic and professional, and seemed to follow a pretty standard script of questions, including the famous "no a-hole policy" one. Salary was brought up in this screening to ensure both parties were still interested. The $130K range was referenced by the recruiter.

I had a phone interview with the EVP of Program Management a week later. He was interested in my background and disarming, while also asking challenging behavioral questions about my experience.

About 10 days later, I met with 3 senior VP/GMs in person for an hour each. Each one was professional, forthcoming and friendly; and each had his/her unique style and personality, but still seemed to love 2U. I left feeling the interviews went well and that 2U could be a great place to work (fast paced and rewarding).

From the outset, they made it clear that they were building a pipeline of candidates for the VP/GM role and that the hiring timeline was unclear. A week after being told that I was still a strong candidate in the pipeline, I finally heard that I was no longer being considered (a few months after the in-person interview). While disappointing for me, the experience was positive, and the recruiter encouraged to keep my eye out for future opportunities as the company grows.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail how you've dealt with difficult conversations and/or persuaded others who were resistant.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied for a different position which ended up getting filled, but the recruiter reached out to me with this new role. I had a phone screening with the recruiter, then another phone call with a manager. After the 2 calls I went in to meet with 4 different managers. The whole interview and hiring process went very smooth and it was overall a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick this company?
      Strength and weaknesses
      Why do you want to work in higher education
      Answer Question