2U Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2U Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.6

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

I was reached out to over LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled, which included general interview questions (i.e., A little about you/your career goals, authorization), and some more unfamailiar questions about "personal commitments to diversity" and "what does chaos look like to you?"

I was told the company is rapidly growing and working there is sometimes "like drinking from a fire hose." The fast-paced nature of the work was stressed repeatedly. When I asked the recruiter for additional details about their personal experience and challenges the company is dealing with, they could not tell me much as they had been hired within the past several months.

After the interview, I was asked to apply to the posting on the internal ICIMS site and forwarded a 4-part Excel assessment replete with marketing jargon (e.g., "constrained optimizations"; "run scenarios") and a 45,000+ item raw data set, and given a week to complete the tasks. The questions in the assessment were confusing and were clearly written for someone with extensive prior business marketing experience despite the position being described as an entry-level role. Additional questions were forwarded to someone who responded tersely without much additional clarification. This was extremely disappointing as I had been informed that hirees came from a multitude of backgrounds and expected an assessment that would reflect that diversity.

While completing the assessment, I received an email from the ICIMS system late on a Friday that I had not been selected for the role. I received the message after 5pm so could not reach out to determine if it had been sent in error or if I was no longer being considered, which produced additional unnecessary stress and confusion.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe chaos?
      Explain your personal commitment to diversity?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First round: meet the recruiter and she asked me 2 situational questions( How would you talk to your teammate(friend) if he or she is slacking)( Explain a time when you lead a team)
    Second round: meet the team leader ( Casual talk)
    Third round: in person interview (Later this week)

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Everything went smoothly. First interview went ok but did great on the writing assignment. Afterwards I was invited to go to interview with the senior copywriter and graphics and copy manager in two separate interviews which was a little bit intimidating. Was told I'd hear back in two weeks and I've tried contacting but have heard nothing. Seemed like a great place to work though.

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two phone screenings (first with a recruiter, then with members of the team), followed by a simulation of running a meeting. After that, I came for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you streamlined a process or made something more efficient in your previous work.   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

The process I went through began with a phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an interview with a few team members, and then the final component (which I did not make it to) would have been to do an on-site visit.

Here are my thoughts on the process: For one, the HR person was super knowledgable about the position which was great and somewhat uncommon. Second, the interview with the hiring manager was somewhat strange because he seemed super jargon-y and made a comment about a "manifesto" he wrote that described his goals for the team. He regurgitated some of it to me and honestly, it sounded like just that: a regurgitation of a bunch of buzzwords he'd heard from other UX people. Unimpressive. The final part that I completed was an interview with a few potential team members. They were currently working on his team. It was 2 girls (millennials) dressed unprofessionally (it was a video conference) who looked like they'd just rolled out of bed. Get ready for more jargon and annoying references to things that were surface-level research questions. There was no depth to any of this. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have not hired for this position because they lacked organization all-around. Except the HR woman who was great.

After the video conference, I never heard back. Not one word. I had spent nearly 3 hours in interviews at that point and they still have not gotten back to me. It was over 3 months ago. Thankfully, another company scooped me up in the meantime, for a better position with a higher salary, and a team of real researchers (not phony ones, as is the case with 2U).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with data that has no trend?   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted the day after submitting my online application to schedule a phone interview. This was followed by a second phone interview, followed by a third in-person interview and brief presentation.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (College Park, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with my prospective manager over google hangouts after first speaking with human resources. She was very personable and conversational. I was asked questions about my past experiences and current skill set.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your course work can play a part in your role here.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

People were very friendly. The HR manager set very clear expectations about next steps throughout the process. Lots of phone interviews before an in person interview. Good expectation setting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 2U in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, had a very pleasant interview experience. Recruiter/HR phone interview was around 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions, then had two rounds of webcam interviews over following two weeks. In total, the interview process took a little under one month. I was easily able to tell how much all of the people I interacted with love 2U.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U in March 2017.

Interview

I sent out my resume and within two weeks I was contacted for a phone interview. I met with the recruiter, it seemed to go well. I then received an email 2-3 days later indicating that i was not selected to move forward in the interview process. I reached out to the recruiter to get feedback, her response was: "Unfortunately, per our HR policy, we are not able to provide specific feedback to candidates at this stage in the recruitment process. I'd encourage you to continue to check out our Careers page to identify any other opportunities that you feel would be a good fit for you." She avoided the issue. Does anyone else know of a company who actually has an HR policy about giving feedback? I'm wondering.It was clear to me that she is a rookie recruiter without the sophistication of providing feedback. This experience gave me more insight as to the organization itself.