2U Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about two weeks total. One phone screen interview with a recruiter, one phone interview with a manager, one in-person interview with a director, manager, and two senior members of the team, and one written sample. I have read comments about the phone interview process with the recruiter having a poor connection. I did have this problem as well, but it was only the initial screen interview. I am not sure if it's because of the recording technology that they use or what, but it was very difficult to hear.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being evaluated on performance metrics?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

I received an email via linkedin that they were interested in talking with me. I responded, had a few emails, and then was asked to have a phone call with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

I received an email for Placement Specialist when I initially applied for Student Support Advisor. They wanted to schedule a phone interview ASAP. After the phone interview, I received an email later that afternoon asking for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. I was told in the email who I would be meeting with and their roles. In the interview they mentioned they may want me to speak with other managers, which did end up occurring the following week. Within 5 days of the 3rd interview, I had an offer and they wanted me to make a decision as soon as possible.

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Initial interview was just a screening. After the first interview then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very straight forward. I was then asked via email to come in and meet with three placement managers. That was awesome. Felt more like a conversation. Very easy to talk to but asked some pretty thought provoking questions - which I appreciated. About a week later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the highest salary for this position so there was no need to negotiate. And PTO and benefits weren't an issue either. This position is pretty set.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. It took a while for them to followup after each step of the process. Overall fairly easy interview, felt comfortable speaking with managers.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone Screening - with HR
    Tech Screening - With Engineer, 3 coding questions the rest was conversational
    onsite - 5 rounds all behavior 1 quick coding question that was just sketching an algorithm.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was clear and concise, no beating around the bushes which i prefer. The manager was genuinely kind and caring. After speaking with her, i really felt like that is where i belong and also being in that position is great since i've been wanting to work with students directly.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a SSA ?   1 Answer

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 2U (Landover, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me a few questions, about wearing jeans at the workplace. Sell me this pen. Such easy and dumb questions. This was a few years ago, and I believe they still ask these questions. They are had me sit with one of their Vice President for a 5 minute interview and another one with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about wearing jeans in the workplace?
      How would you sell me this pen?
      What do you think about politics in the workplace?
      What do you think about free snacks?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (College Park, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with my prospective manager over google hangouts after first speaking with human resources. She was very personable and conversational. I was asked questions about my past experiences and current skill set.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your course work can play a part in your role here.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

The required you to participate in what was called a Digital Interview. It felt very uncomfortable to do especially since you weren't sure what people were going to watching a recorded video of you.