2U Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 2U

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at 2U (Washington, DC) in June 2020.

Interview

I submitted my application online and afterwards had an employee send an internal referral to HR. I received a phone interview request the day after the internal referral was sent! At the end of the phone interview, the recruiter invited me to video interview with the team. I had a total of three video interviews, including one with a VP, and received an offer less than a week after. The entire process took 5 months due to 2U having a hiring pause during COVID-19. The process was overall smooth, the recruiter was personable and quick to respond to questions, and the team was authentic and positive. I am looking forward to joining the organization!

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical. First, had a short call with a recruiter asking about my interest in the company and my general career goals. Next I had a more technical interview with one of the managers on the team I was interviewing for. After that I was given a “homework assignment” pertaining to the role and we went over this assignment at the final
    in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you’ve used analysis in your past experience?   Answer Question

Web Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about a month, you have a phone interview, a video chat interview, then a coding assessment, and then they invite you in office for an in person interview. Overall, the process was smooth sailing. The assessment part isn't difficult but they want to see how you go about presenting your code more than if you can complete it. I did complete it, but i heard some people did not and still got an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in managing or getting more into the technical side?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Lanham, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

Great! Starts off as a video interview, then phone, then in person with 3 hiring managers. Takes a couple weeks but it's not so bad. Was a great experience. They give good insight on the position, culture of the company and what to expect. Also got a mini tour of the office building.

Interview Questions

• NO question was difficult. It's a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Course Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 2U (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

This process was delayed due to Covid, however, I am very disappointed in the way my interview was handled.

I was contacted by email about a week after applying. The first interview round, I spoke with the recruiter over the phone. They asked questions about my experience and then told me I would be moving on to the next round. After a few days, I received a follow up email requesting a day and time to video interview. My second interview was pleasant and was only 30 minutes. I was able to ask questions and elaborate on my experiences. I was told I would hear back within a week. However, things with Covid became worse, so the process was delayed. About 3 weeks later, I received an email stating that they were closing the position due to a hiring freeze.

About two month later, the position was reposted. I was so excited! However, I was not contacted. I applied again and followed up with the recruiter. I was told they would get back to me by the end of the week. That was 4 weeks ago.

I really like 2U's mission and felt this company would be a great fit for my career goals. I have also applied to positions that I felt were within my skillset. I have yet to hear about any of them. They have over 100 positions available at this time and I am certain now I am not wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you support a professor with moving their in-person course/s to an online course?   Answer Question

Student Success Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

This was seriously the WORST company I have ever interviewed for. If you are thinking about working here, don't walk- RUN! The first time I applied for the position I completed a 30 minute phone screening with a recruiter, which was then followed by a video interview I had to record and submit. After waiting a week, I was invited for an in-person interview where I was asked a series of questions and had to present on a topic of my choice. I felt the interview went well and I was told I would hear in five business days. Fast forward 3.5 weeks and I had to reach out to the hiring managers because the recruiter couldn't even give me the decency of responding or picking up a phone. The hiring managers told me they were sorry I hadn't heard but they had hired internally. Another week goes by and then the recruiter reached out to "apologize for the late reply" and asked if I would be interested in interviewing with a different team. I said sure and waited another 3 weeks to complete a Google Hangouts interview. About a week after the interview the recruiter emailed me to say, "I have an exciting update! I'll tell you in 3 business days!" First of all... why even send an email if you can't tell me? Second of all, I'm sitting at another two weeks from receiving that email and it is radio silence. I am so over this company and trying to work for it. If you want to recruit strong employees, treating them like this or blowing them off is not how you do it. I stopped reaching out after I was ghosted again. Don't bother wasting your time with this dumpster fire.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 2U in February 2020.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted by the recruiter for the initial phone screening. Then I had a Zoom interview with the Team Lead. Next I was given a take-home assignment to be completed within 72 hours. After that, I had a Zoom interview with the Curriculum Engineering team going over the take-home assignment. And finally I had a short Zoom interview with the VP. Everyone was very friendly and professional. During each interview, I became more interested and excited about the position and team. The interviews itself weren't difficult and they provided ample time for me to ask them questions about the work responsibilities and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Give me one real-life example of when you would use a loop.   Answer Question

Graphic Learning Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 2U (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

First, went through a phone interview with a recruiter. Its like getting to know you interview where you talk about your background, etc.
    Second, a take home assignment of a sample scenario where you design an instructional material for an instructor.
    Third step, a face-to-face interview with two members of the hiring team from the department. This one is more of a behavioral interview.
    Fourth, additional request to design a material where you use creative problem solving skills and communication skills.

Very casual and friendly people. Im still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things have you learned from your masters degree?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 2U.

Interview

Pretty easy. Three rounds, first was with HR then hiring manager. Questions about my background and resume. All done over video conference. Asked if I like to wear jeans.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at 2U (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then technical screen with hiring manager. The hiring manager was extremely obnoxious and snobby. Would constantly interrupt answers and criticize your approach. Had an overall aura of "I'm smarter than you" and made sure you knew it.

Interview Questions

• Explain common ML algorithms, how to train a model, etc.   Answer Question