KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 863 of over 942 reviews

3.9
2U Co-Founder and CEO Chip Paucek
Chip Paucek
Pros
  • "unlimited PTO and autonomy of schedule(in 62 reviews)

• "Good work life balance they offered(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is hard to achieve given our lack of tech resources(in 35 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains for a company that grew so fast, so quick(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 2U and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Aug 30, 2021 - Senior Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people make this place special. It is not a facade - the culture is great. 2U provides important autonomy for getting the job done.

Cons

There are constraints in the alignment between the corporate strategy and the execution on teams. Technology and other resources need to be brought to the table to solve some of these issues long term.

Communications & Engagement Specialist

We appreciate your review and are happy to see how much you value your fellow 2Utes. We’re proud of our culture and will continue to prioritize our employees as we grow. Thank you for your constructive feedback around goal alignment and resources. If you have anything more specific to share, please email us at feedback@2U.com and reference “my Glassdoor review.”

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teaching Assistant

Sep 18, 2021 - Teaching Assistant in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Job timing - 2 weekday evenings and Saturday mornings

Cons

None. Can't think of anything.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 15, 2021 - Online Technical Support - Remote
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for.

Cons

Nothing that I have seen so far

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful company to work for!

Sep 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Work Culture, and Support

Cons

Assumes the same personal values are held by all employees.

Communications & Engagement Specialist

We’re glad you’re finding 2U to be a great company to work for. We value the unique point of view of every 2Ute—one of the many reasons we work to increase diversity at all levels of our organization. Our goal is for 2U to be a place where all 2Utes feel empowered and supported to be themselves. If you would like to share more about your experiences, please email us at feedback@2U.com and reference “my Glassdoor review.”

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture!

Sep 6, 2021 - Data Marketing Analyst in New Carrollton, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, management is highly supportive and cares both about professional & personal growth & development

Cons

Nothing specific here, was a joy to work at 2U in the time I was there

7. 5.0

So far so good

Sep 3, 2021 - Teaching Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very organized and care about the students from what it seems

Cons

Not willing to add more TA to class over 30.

Communications & Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing this review. We’re glad you’ve had a good experience as a teaching assistant. TAs are invaluable resources for learners and without them, the learning experience would not be nearly as rich. Please email us at feedback@2U.com and reference “my Glassdoor review” to share additional feedback.

8. 4.0

Lots of Changes and Opportunities

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are smart, nice and talented. There's many remote positions. It is friendly to the LGBTQ+ community. The products are promising, but still need a lot of work.

Cons

Lacking in inclusive practices; they need to hire more POC. There are major changes without much thought about the implementation. HR is not helpful.

Communications & Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your candid review. We’re happy that you’ve had positive experiences with your fellow 2Utes and have found 2U to be welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community. We’re proud of our DEI initiatives but humbly recognize that the journey is never finished. We will continue to work to be an inclusive, diverse company at all levels. We’d like to hear more about your experiences with changes at 2U to understand what we can improve. Please email us at feedback@2U.com and reference “my Glassdoor review.”

9. 3.0

Decent place to work

Sep 14, 2021 - Faculty Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

UPTO Benefits Culture Work from home Gym at the office

Cons

Pay is horrible with little chance for promotion unless you know someone

10. 3.0

Quality of Life Differs Between Teams

Sep 3, 2021 - Admissions Counselor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think overall the company culture is amazing. I’ve never worked for a company like this before. 2U shows a lot of promise when it comes to growth as well.

Cons

Depending which college you’re assigned will depend on your experience. Each college has there own goals, in regards to the number of students you need to enroll, number of calls you need to make per day, and hours on the phone. Some colleges have higher goals and some, lower. No team is managed the same across 2U, so you never truly know what your experience is going to be. I work with a big college and a team with extremely high goals. The leadership really pushes the ACs hard on this team. I don’t mind it, but it often gets to a point were I no longer have a good work and life balance, and my mental health is negatively affected. I usually have to start work an hour early, and leave about 30 minutes to an hour later than what I’m supposed to. I do this because there’s not enough time to check all my emails and make all the calls that I need to in 8 hours everyday. It just takes more time to handle all the incoming prospects because I work with a big college. At first it was okay, but now I’m pretty miserable and so is my team unfortunately. The team moral is low, and people seem more tired and burnt out these days. Over my time at 2U, I have made friends with other ACs on different school teams, and learned that they had not had the same experiences I had. In fact, they seemed much more content, and more relaxed on their teams. Turns out they weren’t living in fear about missing their goals like mine. I also learned that their supervisors were not as hard on them. This was an epiphanies moment for me, so I decided to share about my experience with them. The first time I explained the differences between our teams, I got the response, “Oh my God, are you okay?” Followed by, “That doesn’t sound like the 2U culture or experience I’m having”. After connecting with other teams, I learned that it’s not the same experience with every team. When I learned about the drastic differences, I became upset. It was hard learning that other ACs on different teams were having a different experience. They were not stressed, they did not have to put in extra hours, they took more PTO, their goals were much lower, and… they got paid the same. I can still say, 2U is a great company. But your experience will differ based on what team you are placed on as an AC. If you find yourself in the same situation, just know that you can transfer to another team.

3 people found this review helpful
    11. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Come Work for Willy Wonka!

Sep 9, 2021 - Faculty Relationship Manager I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, team environment, good benefits, and decent starting pay ($45K to $55K depending on role). Headquarters is a modern, open workspace with healthy, food options, gym, and fully-equipped kitchens with free snacks on every floor.

Cons

Heavily branded, metrics driven environment. Employees are 2Utes and you will not advance if groupthink is not your thing. Young, inexperienced managers and lots of cronyism and nepotism. Diverse everywhere except senior leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 863 Reviews