ABB Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. First was a 1 on 2 phone interview. Second was a 1 on 4 in person interview. Very nice people and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ABB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Software Engineer Internship through Employee referral. I got the email for scheduling interview on specific day. I Got the call on the same day on time.

Interview Questions

• Basic Testing question, Agile Methodology, and C# basic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Simple design questions on campus then proceeded to onsite. Onsite was with 7 employees ranging from developer to senior developers. Questions range from design, test case generation, vocabulary questions to math questions. One annoyance was questions were very vague and interviewers did not clarify very well.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember if under NDA so I won't discuss specifics. Be prepared for design questions.   Answer Question

Lower pay and poor work environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with a non-technical person who just asked questions that were easily answered on my resume he had in front of him. Played phone tag with the guy before getting an on-site interview. On site interview was typical entry level software questions involving data structures mostly.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't very difficult if you didn't lie on your resume. They were clear and to the point about what they expected you to know about the specific technologies. A lot of HR type questions grilling your performance in school. They seemed to care more about the one bad mark you obtained rather than the 99 good marks. Overall not a bad interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

telephonic hr round, then technical interview followed by another hr round. interview was not difficult more onto basic questions. hr rounds were formal discussion about past experience. and where you see yourself in five years type questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Resume shortlisting took nearly one month. After that written exam was held which has some complex c language questions and then 3 weeks later, Technical round was scheduled. But the technical interviewer was bit out of line and i got rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABB (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got this interview through a recruitment agency. First I had to do a simple online programming test. Then a remote, live, hands-on "logic" test with one of the team leads. Finally my interview was scheduled at 9am the next week.

The interview wasn't technical as I would expect. I was supposed to talk to members of the team but only one showed up. He was kind enough to answer my questions, talk to me about their work, a bit company history and current project. He seemed more manager type and not very technical.

They didn't come back to me after the interview, which I found unprofessional. When I asked the recruitment agent she said she'll check but she too didn't comeback to be with any meaningful feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

1st. telephonic interview on .net basics question
    2nd. f2f with senior engineer on WPF technology
    3rd. f2f with manager (managerial round)
    4th. HR

usually they will look whether you have worked or fake profile..

Interview Questions

• everything about C++ & C#
      wpf
      wcf
      threading
      resources   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

written test will be conducted every year for new entrants. First aptitude test will be conducted. Once the candidate passes the test, he will be called for interview. Once the candidate passes through both, he gets offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your goal in career life   1 Answer