ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ABB

2.9

1. Featured Interview

LEAD ROTATIONAL PROGRAM Interview

Interview

Interviewers were easy-going and friendly. Did not really ask technical questions-- more behavioral. Interviewers put you at ease and it was more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

ABB Response

Mar 20, 2020 – External Talent Programs Manager

We are glad that you had a good experience! Thanks for interviewing with us and best wishes for a bright future.

Electrification Information Technology (IT) Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Atlanta, GA) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied for this position on June 3rd and had the first round (HR/gatekeeper) interview on June 16th. I finally got to the second round interview on July 9th, a little over a month from the earlier interview, despite the HR person's comment that the hiring manager was looking to move quickly.

The second round interview was scheduled by a 3rd party, Global Business Solutions. Their e-mail with the meeting details came through just a few hours before the appointed time.

Prior to the second round interview, I invested copious time learning more about the company, recent changes (e.g. acquisition of the GE Industrial Solutions), and the people. The interview was via Microsoft Teams. The hiring manager was late to join and visibly disinterested in the conversation. He was excited to introduce himself and his history with ABB, but turned more sour when he got to the open position. The description he gave was significantly different than the one published. Before asking any other questions himself, he opened the floor to any other questions I might have. I asked some of the standard questions that should keep the conversation moving, such as "what does success look like in this role?" He was very brief in each response and even dismissed some, "we don't need to talk about that." Eventually I learned that they had an internal candidate for the role. It became abundantly clear that he had no intention of considering me--or any other external candidate--for the position; I thanked him for the time and consideration and ended the call early.

It is a tough job market and I spent several hours preparing for the ABB interviews. The hiring manager wasted everyone's time by being dishonest. The only upside is that I got a chance to see the hiring manager before joining. It would be a terrible mistake to join ABB if it meant working for this individual.

Interview Questions

• No questions relating to the position   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I received an email that I was selected for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted for 30 mins and the questions were around process improvements and internal controls. Second interview was with the plant manager, HR and Quality leader. Based on some of the feedback during the interview, they were
    Looking for someone to just do as they say and not think for themselves to drive improvements.

Interview Questions

• The company uses the star method to ask interview based questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted my application online, followed by one phone screen, and then one in-person with the hiring manager, once the offer was made communicated with HR regarding logistics. It took about two months

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you accomplished X, referencing my resume   Answer Question

Applications Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Online interview with a group of people. One of them is the leader of this group, the others are the group members. The duration is an hour. I basically answered the questions raised by different group members.

Relay Applications Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied thru company website, called for onsite interview, Panel asked mostly about protection and control Experience, knowledge on ABB IED relays and other ABB products, also asked questions about Relay setting and site testing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to Work Experience and About really setting experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Very easy process with the interview and questions. Management was very nice in interview. The hiring process took alittle time but was easy also. Every thing was online so that made it easy.

LEAD - Early Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Memphis, TN) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial digital interview followed by a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. I was informed that I would be moving on to the next round at the end of the call. The in-person interview was a panel interview with two HR reps present as well as two managers. The interviewers did great in making sure I was comfortable. Questions revolved more around what characteristics would make me a good fit mixed with behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Pretty straight forward and a few technical questions. like asking about my previous experience, run me through your resume. A few behavioral questions as well. About three interviewers on the phone during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been put on a situation where you had to deal with formulating data   1 Answer

Supply Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

They shortlisted me and some of my college friends according to my resume. I got an email as well as a sms regarding that. Then they took an online test on 12 th October,2019. Everyone passed the test. Then I again got an email and sms for interview process. The interview was a video interview. Question were very basic. I cleared that interview and again got an email and a sms that I have cleared the interview. Now I was supposed to go to Bangalore for GAC where students from other colleges also were supposed to come and take part in the final selection round. Total 5 students from my department(EE) were selected in that round. But they didn't send my name in the final list which was sent to our college. I said this to college placement cell and they communicated with them. But the HR said that they cannot pay the traveling allowance for so mqny students. So they sent the name of only 3 students from my department and 2 more from other departments (INSTRUMENTATION AND CHEMICAL ENGG). They didn't sent name of a single student from ETCE department even after clearing the online PI. The day before the final round, I received a mail and a sms mentioning that I have not cleared the PI. now when I see the last 2 sms from them I find something funny. One says that I have cleared PI and another one says that I didn't. My interview was on 14th October. The date of online PI was scheduled on 17th October for one of my friend. He missed one lab experiment to appear for the interview for which he'll not get any marks. But he didn't receive any mail or sms till now. The placement management team of ABB is a bogus one. I didn't see a company like this before.

Interview Questions

• What is the basic principle of induction motor?   1 Answer