ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Senatobia, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABB (Senatobia, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviews are done by a panel of the plant managers. The team values the group opinions. Questions consisted of standard and unique content as they want to know you as a person as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?/ Why do you think you will be good in this role?   3 Answers

ABB Response

Jan 8, 2019 – External Programs Leader

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on the new job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial phone Interview screening by one of the project managers and lead.
    Asked few questions about my experience ,Day to day activities performed .Had a 1-1 face to face interview with the team members but did not receive any response from them even after multiple email and phone follow ups.
    They mentioned in the interview that i was a suitable fit for the position but did not get back .The HR was on a sick leave .

Interview Questions

• Challenges you have faced ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with a non-technical person who just asked questions that were easily answered on my resume he had in front of him. Played phone tag with the guy before getting an on-site interview. On site interview was typical entry level software questions involving data structures mostly.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't very difficult if you didn't lie on your resume. They were clear and to the point about what they expected you to know about the specific technologies. A lot of HR type questions grilling your performance in school. They seemed to care more about the one bad mark you obtained rather than the 99 good marks. Overall not a bad interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABB in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Simple design questions on campus then proceeded to onsite. Onsite was with 7 employees ranging from developer to senior developers. Questions range from design, test case generation, vocabulary questions to math questions. One annoyance was questions were very vague and interviewers did not clarify very well.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember if under NDA so I won't discuss specifics. Be prepared for design questions.   Answer Question

Lower pay and poor work environment.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Software Engineer Internship through Employee referral. I got the email for scheduling interview on specific day. I Got the call on the same day on time.

Interview Questions

• Basic Testing question, Agile Methodology, and C# basic questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. First was a 1 on 2 phone interview. Second was a 1 on 4 in person interview. Very nice people and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Bartlesville, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with a panel of programmers. very nice managers. Experienced colleagues will make you feel right at home. Did have a referral from a previous coworker that enabled me to have the interview. Good embedded programming principles are a plus along with Linux and RTOS experience, along with some hardware experience needed.

Interview Questions

• Previous programming experience.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB in February 2017.

Interview

Introducing new technologies to optimize work flow and inventory levels on the manufacturing floor. Working to streamline existing businesses using said new technologies and teaching the various heads of business to successfully transfer new platform.

Interview Questions

• What about your past experiences will help prepare you for this role   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone with 2~3 times, and went to the onsite. In the onsite interview, they mainly focus on my resume and asked the technical question, like the var control, voltage regulation, renewable energy...I have waited for two months, no offer yet

Interview Questions

• What is the best place to implement the FACTS device in the system?   1 Answer
    • Comparing to other source, what is the difference for wind turbine?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warminster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Warminster, PA) in October 2008.

Interview

I got both phone interviewed and in-person interviewed. The people I interviewed with are nice and easy going but not professional interviewers. They did not ask the regular interview questions but exchanged experience of what they do and what I do. But the waiting time to get the office is long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation applied