ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

HSE Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied online . First contact and phone interview 6 weeks later by member of corporate HR. Second phone interview one week after that with supervisor to the open position. First face-to-face interview at plant after two more weeks (4 hours long including plant tour and three different group/panel interview sessions). Final phone interview with national director of this particular department the following week. Checked in via email once after some extended radio silence. Received rejection via phone call 9 weeks after final interview.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I, first, met ABB at a career fair where they told me to apply online. About four months later, I received an email for video on-demand interview where the questions are presented and I would record my answers on video at my convenience. Almost two weeks later, I received a phone call for on-site interview. That was when I realized the website is a fake representation of the company. The on-site interview included a presentation (45 minute presentation, 15 minute questions). They kept interrupting me during my talk. I don't have problems with it, but I found it rude. One person in audience acted like a know-it-all which I thought was testing my reaction to being intimidated. Next stop was the VP who could not be more discouraging when he said the company almost bankrupted few years back and is still on the way to get back on track. He didn't have an idea about the company's five year plan and thought technology was a hype. The rest of the interview team made me feel comfortable, but my overall feeling about the company degraded in the first two hours of the interview. Questions from the team were mostly about my background and some few behavioral questions. The moment I was done, I knew it didn't feel right. Though the hiring manager said they'd let me know in two weeks, they never responded to any of my thank you/follow up emails until I made a phone call and left a message. All in all, disappointing and unreal especially if you get your background from their shiny website!

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a start-up money what would you do with that?   Answer Question

Support Function Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABB in May 2017.

Interview

Throughout recruitment process, felt like a number. wasn't really recruited at all, even though they were trying to recruit me away from my current employer. In the end, I withdrew my candidacy for the position. If their recruitment process is anything like their workplace, I'll pass. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Used schools career website. Three phone interviews followed by an on-site panel interview. Very spaced apart with no idea if moving forward. Over a month after the onsite interview to hear offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview was good overall, I was interviewed by 5 people. They initially did not extend me an offer, however they emailed me after rejecting me and then extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• If I could build a power source, what would I pick?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB in February 2017.

Interview

By phone...spoke with an HR Rep, the Hiring Manager and the same HR Rep again. I was told that I would come in for a day of interviews at the region office and would be hearing from someone that would set up the travel and logistics. I never heard from anyone again. Very unprofessional. If ABB employees are treated with the same lack of professional courtesy, I'm glad they did not contact me.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? This was definitely the most important consideration.   1 Answer
    • What is your knowledge of Distributed Control Systems?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any formal sales training?   1 Answer

Picking Interview

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview. I was called back the second time after I was invited to a open house, after that I was scheduled for an interview. the process was smooth and I'm happy I'm apart of the family.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out out a company?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY).

Interview

Everything is going well. I chatted with the interviewer a little bit. And we talked about the content of the work and try to make an decision on the content of the project.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite course and project?
      What is related experience?   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

the hiring manager asked about the research experience and discussed about the details of the projects. The requirement for the internship is not as high as the full time internship. The interview is face to face and only once.

Wireless Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (New York, NY).

Interview

1 Telephonic interview with the manager and 3 onsite rounds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Telephonic interview was mainly regarding resume and onsite was regarding coding and technical questions