ABM Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABM Industries Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

1.9

PSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. No trick questions! They asked your basic interview questions such as "why should we hire you?" "what are your strengths?" "what are your weaknesses?" "how did you hear about the job" "why should we hire you" etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied via email short informal interview at the office. I met with current employees and past interns to discuss the scope of the work responsibility of the position I applied for.

General Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Des Moines, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

No onpinion 1-1 Never went for interview..................................... communicate through email and text ............... ethic policies........... talked about ABM negativitity tickets(write Ups)

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

Applied online. Took more than 2 months to get reply. Got a call to interview on phone for Supervisor position. She mentioned it was a Night shift job and I told her the add said it was Day shift. I declined to continue interview. She appreciated it. I applied the next day for the Account Manager job. The next day I got an email stating:
    Unfortunately, we are not moving forward with your application for the 108855 - ASSISTANT MANAGER position.
    I guess if you refuse a position you are immediately place on their list.
    I was surely qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ABM?   1 Answer

Aircraft Cabin Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Irving, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a joint interview because it was a job fair. It was the end of the day so they could have been short with me, but instead the woman was very polite and informative. She noticed my demeanor and complimented me, saying that I would work well in HR or as a manager. It was a relaxed, yet structured environment. I noticed some other people that had a harder time grasping what to do came in, but everyone at ABM HR was very patient and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What skills and previous experience do you have that would help you succeed in a role such as this?   Answer Question
    • You'll start at 8.25, is this okay?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called in by a recruiter to interview for an environmental services manager interview as they position appeared to be a good fit for me. I had a phone screen then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about managing a long term group of employees which I answered I have experience managing all types of employees so this would be a good situation to walk into.   1 Answer

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

1st interview with junior recruiter. Asked how I would feel if I had a micro manager. RED FLAG Also asked if I had a problem with working 70+ hrs a week. RED FLAG This phone call was on a Thurs and she asked what day of the week would work for a senior recruiter to call me. I told her well there is only tomorrow since today is Thurs. She never confirmed the call, she just said ok. On Frid, I have two missed calls from the senior recruiter. I called her back and apologized and advised that her call was never confirmed. I told her for the salary they were offering and working 70+ hrs, I would be making $17 less an hour than my current job and that I could not do that. Told her my expectations for salary and she advised she would speak with hiring manager and let me know. Never heard another thing from ABM. Their professionalism and phone interviews are lacking for sure. I appreciate their honestly, but my experience tells me that they have the wrong caliber of people in these roles if the Payroll Director has to micro manage them. Also if they have multiple teams working 70+ hrs a week than they are not well managed and have some major efficiency issues or lack of knowledgeable management perhaps.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a micro manager and working 70+ hrs a week   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Several meetings over a month and a half. All of them informal. This process took almost two months. Most of the meetings were very informal and consisted of management telling me how bad the existing staff were. This was an obvious precursor that raised serious concerns.

Interview Questions

• What is your supervisory background?   1 Answer

Janitor/Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Jamaica, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick interview, did a drug test on the same day. Still hadn’t got my results on my drug test nor did I get contacted for further notice and additional information on the job. I was told that there weren’t any afternoon shifts at the moment, but I could’ve changed my shift to morning.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in this position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ABM Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional, HR employees seem under qualified. Was reading off of a script and seemed like they were not really listening. Not enough privacy on interview, but seemed to make decisions based on ethnicity.

Interview Questions

• Expected salary, qualifications, discussed familiarity with current employees and relationships.   Answer Question