AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.6

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Behavior Base questions. STAR "Situation-Task-Action-Result". They ask questions on your task and challenge you if another approach that could be considered in resolution. They ask details on the approach was taken. What was the your role in the process. Those type items they focused on

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bout a time when you failed to meet client expectations? How did you react? What did you learn?
      Tell about a time when you proposed a different resolution approach? Was it accepted by your leadership? What was the result?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then they gave me a writing test to complete within 24 hours. The test took me 6 hours. They didn't get back to me and it took several emails to finally get a response a month later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this role after taking it?   1 Answer

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Pearl Harbor, HI) in February 2018.

Interview

It was very a straightforward process; it allows you to elaborate more on experiences and skills mentioned in your resume; how your personal goals aligns with the company; what would like to achieve while working for the company; and discusses some of the challenges and leadership expectations.

Interview Questions

• How well do adapt working as a team?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

It was mostly about my past work experience my skills and the projects i worked on.What they were expecting me in my new assignment , my language proficiency in English as well as in Arabic , my knowldge about Arabic culture and tradations.

Supply Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Columbus, GA).

Interview

There wasn't one... Originally there was a hiring event in the state of Georgia. The recruiter there left early and someone gave me his contact information. The recruiter contacted me via email and described the job. The next day the recruiter sent an offer letter. Basically my resume matched up with the requirements.

Entry Level Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I interviewed at AECOM (Charlotte, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

Pre screen phone interview, asking me basic questions about education and experience on my resume. Also some behavioral questions including how I knew about the job and if I was familiar with certain modeling programs.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Prescreen interview over the phone was okay! I was not given that chance to ask any questions so I don't know how well I did. Just have to wait and see

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter then got invited to interview in office. Interviewed with 4 people that day. About 3 weeks later, I received a call explaining my offer letter. Afterwords dealt with third party background check company that was very helpful with the hiring process.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I was asked about school course work during the interview. I was also asked to describe my prior internship experience and responsibilities, asked what my interest and knowledge of employer was.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online mid Nov. 2017, interviewed early/mid Dec. 2017 and received an offer a week later. After accepting it, passing a drug and background check, I was told the position didn't and wouldn't exist.

I was told the interview would be a technical interview but it turned out to be a verbal security pre-screen with hiring decision makers to gauge my potential to obtain security clearance. I only recall being asked about my citizenship, financial history, travel history and contacts with foreign nationals.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your background to cause concern with obtaining a security clearance?   1 Answer