AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Very relaxed. I was questioned by 5 different people in three different interviews all in the same day. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test than a technical skills assessment. About 2 weeks later I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course in college?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wainwright, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Fort Wainwright, AK) in October 2017.

Interview

Professional HR interview with applicable professional and personal questions. The interview setting was in a HR professionals office and began with light conversation to enable the interviewer the opportunity to get to know me as a person and allowed me to maintain a professional and comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the AECOM team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Submitted my application online. AECOM contacted me three days later and we scheduled an initial phone interview. The face to face interview was fairly standard; reviewing my portfolio discussing my prior experience etc.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

The process was very easy and quick. The interviewers were two supervisors and people from other departments. They went over my resume, gave an overview of the company as well as the descriptions of the position, and followed by a series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have been in and how did you resolve the situation   Answer Question

GIS Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

They were very through and allowed plenty of opportunity to ask questions about the job and career path for someone in the position. They do have a portion where you must demonstrate your skills, so expect to complete a given task on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is having trouble meeting deadlines?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was over the phone and he asked me questions about the qualifications posted on the job posting. It was very relaxed. Talked about my life outside of work as well.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to make sure I knew Excel and certain things in excel, like vlookup and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relaxing. However, they put phone on speaker and their voice cannot be heard clearly. Overall, the questions are not difficult, but did not give an expecting time line for the next step, just mention that they will hand over the file and answers to HR manager and he will decide.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in August 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people by phone. I was asked mostly theoretical questions about Java and object oriented programming. I was also asked to tell them about myself in 3 minutes or less.

Traffic Operation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

1- Phone screen: General HR questions
    2- Panel interview: 2 Management Engineers, 2 Technical Engineer
    everything went well, the interview was more of casual talking rather than questions and answers

Interview Questions

• 1- Tell me about yourself
      2- Behavioral Questions ( Easy-Medium) | 70% of the questions
      3- Technical Questions (Easy-Hard) | 30% of the questions
      4- Skills Test   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (Fairborn, OH).

Interview

I was randomly contacted by a recruiter for an interview. I went and the hiring authority talked about his ANG career as a commander the whole time (we met at Starbucks for my interview). He talked about the guy who they originally hired for the spot and talked about how he was selfish, demanded too much money, and how they wanted someone else. Then he went on to say they had sent my resume to the Prime contractor and they were all excited to have me on and the position was being saved specifically for me. Three days late I get an email saying they selected someone else. Shady hiring practices and I'd be interested to see how they fare on their DCAA audits.

Interview Questions

• No real questions. He talked about himself and the guy he hired originally but was disgruntled with.   Answer Question