AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relaxing. However, they put phone on speaker and their voice cannot be heard clearly. Overall, the questions are not difficult, but did not give an expecting time line for the next step, just mention that they will hand over the file and answers to HR manager and he will decide.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in August 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people by phone. I was asked mostly theoretical questions about Java and object oriented programming. I was also asked to tell them about myself in 3 minutes or less.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was over the phone and he asked me questions about the qualifications posted on the job posting. It was very relaxed. Talked about my life outside of work as well.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to make sure I knew Excel and certain things in excel, like vlookup and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (Fairborn, OH).

Interview

I was randomly contacted by a recruiter for an interview. I went and the hiring authority talked about his ANG career as a commander the whole time (we met at Starbucks for my interview). He talked about the guy who they originally hired for the spot and talked about how he was selfish, demanded too much money, and how they wanted someone else. Then he went on to say they had sent my resume to the Prime contractor and they were all excited to have me on and the position was being saved specifically for me. Three days late I get an email saying they selected someone else. Shady hiring practices and I'd be interested to see how they fare on their DCAA audits.

Interview Questions

• No real questions. He talked about himself and the guy he hired originally but was disgruntled with.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to do a video interview. I completed the video interview right away and neverheard back from the recruiter after that. Not an acknowledgement or not even a rejection email.

Architectural Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR and she arranged a phone interview for me with two designers in AECOM in LA. The interview only took maybe 40 minutes and we talked about my portfolio and the work of the studio. And two weeks later, I received an offer. However, they returned the offer due to business change.

Interview Questions

• I prepared a lot of questions but they only ask me about my portfolio.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Project Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online and went through a phone interview with HR and a video interview through hireview. Then got invited to their fantastic Friday event. Got to meet the hiring managers the evening before the actual interview and discuss the position and the company itself. Hiring managers were really friendly and interested in candidates. There were 5 other candidates who applied for the position. Although it was an entry level position, they all had masters or cpa. I am disappointed that didn't get the job but I understand that there were better candidates and I believe it was a fair hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process is smooth. I applied online; recruiter emailed me to arrange phone screen; recruiter sent my profile and answers to the hiring manager; the hiring managers (the project managers of the project I am doing) say they want to interview me, then arranged an interview just after the second day of the phone screen. But I waited more than 3 weeks to get the offer. I tried to email them or inmail then on Linkedin within the 3 weeks but no response. Suddenly after 3 weeks, I got the offer. Getting the offer is kinda long too because they screened and checked my background information twice, one unofficially before they actually submit it to the system of the company, and one officially.

Interview Questions

• What's the salary you expect?   1 Answer

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

First was a phone interview lasted only 5 mins. then a in person interview with HR and Hiring manager.
    ther interview was casual read through the resume and talked about past exp. Discuessed the role that i was applying for and asked how i would fit in

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you overcame the troubles of a difficult team member   Answer Question

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview through the Friday Event. It was great. The manager will talk with you during the event, so you won't be nervous during the interview. My concentration is wastewater, and I didn't get the offer after the interview.