AECOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.7

Traffic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Hiring process took about 6 weeks total. Completed the application on the website, got an email from a recruiter about 4 days after with a questionnaire to complete. An in person interview was set up with the hiring manager and it was more like a conversation than an interview. 2 weeks later I was offered the job.9

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

A phone interview and face-to-face interview with a panel of 4 scientists. They gave me very positive feedback in the interviews and were on the verge of a job offer. After filling out an overabundance of paperwork and wasting even more time with back-and-forth emails to the project manager of the photochemical modeling group, the interview team "collectively" did not feel it was a good fit. No other elaboration. When I requested an explanation, she was very rude and unprofessional to me. Based on the many negative reviews of this company, I was very happy to take a job offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your air quality modeling background.   1 Answer

Electronics Maintenance Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

The interview went well, interviewers were knowledgeable regarding my line of work and what all it would entail, very courteous and professional, clearly worded (no "trick" questions), asked follow on questions about my answers

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AECOM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Required an initial phone call with an AECOM recruiter, followed by an interview invite which included preparation and delivery of a 10-minute presentation. Second round interview was more explanation of the job and some Q & A.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in February 2017.

Interview

Its a two step interview process. First with the recruiter and second with the construction manager. The recruiter interview was really easy going and laid back. I've yet to have the second interview but will update information

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, are you okay with these hours, give me an example of a difficult time with coworker/management/customer. Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Oak Harbor, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Professional, engaging, and well administered. The interviewer was very welcoming and his demeanor was comforting. He seemed to be very knowledgeable about the position in question and was helpful in describing some of the more vague details from the job posting. I walked away from the interview feeling good about my prospects and excited to possibly work for someone that seemed to be professional, personable, and helpful.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, they asked about my background and believed I was a good fit. The Operation manager/hiring manager at the time very basic IT questions that an 8th grader can answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the first step in troubleshooting a problem?   3 Answers

Senior Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview for civil engineer position. I met 6 people who asked me variety of questions. Each person was of different background and asked me questions relevant to their experience. Although my resume listed all my experience they went off track asking me completely different experiences that I didn't have but I told them that I was interested in learning the same. It felt like they were not sure what their expectations was from the candidate.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Online recorded video through app on computer or phone. Computer interview refused to accept my camera and I had to use my phone which looked less professional. Was not asked any other questions when called for a phone "interview" where I was asked if I'm a citizen or needed sponsorship.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY).

Interview

Very comfortable interview process. Attended a recruiting event for college students in which one day was a networking event and the next morning was personal interviews. Basic questions about yourself and the classes/projects I've been involved with in school.