AMD ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview

contacted by manager via email. First, half an hour of phone interview, with basic asic design questions and some general computer architecture knowledge questions.

Onsite interview came two weeks later. First round of onsite took 3 hours, second round of onsite interview took 2 hours. Most of the interviewers ask about my projects on resume, then some asic design questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview for screening the basics + an in person 1 on 1 technical interview.
    1 on 1: Logic questions cannot be prepared for.
    Skim resume but not much questioning past work.
    Not much interaction with the interviewer during technical segment; just find solution and draw on board.

Interview Questions

• Design a system that sorts 6 numbers from least to greatest using black boxes that can sort 2 numbers.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my University's job portal, and was contacted by email within the week to set up an interview. Interview had a good mix of technical software and hardware questions. I stumbled on a few questions, but the interviewers were very friendly. Only had one round of interviews, and they got back to me very soon after.

Interview Questions

• Explain a flip flop's design and timing. (From basic logic gates)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Technical questions from basic circuits to transistor characteristics
    1.1 analysis of basic circuits
    1.2 difference between mosfet and bjt, why use mosfet
    1.3 logic gates
    2. Questions regarding past working experience from resume
    3. Answers to my questions about the job
    3.1 details of the job to do everyday
    3.2 teamwork or individual tasks

Interview Questions

• Draw a NAND with transistors   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a paper test in the morning,and the questions were not quite hard. They were pretty standard questions about electronics like transistor design. I had a face to face interview in the afternoon. They ask me some general questions about my education and work experience before. Then they also asked some technical questions about electronics.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I applied through university. Just had one interview. There were two interviews and both of them were nice. Both of them were Hardware Engineers. I am mainly focused on Software. But this position required both HW and SW skills so I was interested. They asked me a mixture of hardware and software questions. Mainly hardware. They asked me to write Verilog and C. Most of the questions were pretty straightforward and basic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write the Verilog code for a D-Flip Flop. I had forgottend verilog, so I asked them if I could write it in pseudo-code. I dervied and wrote the code from first principles. I think this impressed them.   Answer Question

I got another offer from another company that was paying more.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on school job board. One phone screening, confirmed some details on resume; one on site interview, standard technical questions for electronics and C programming. Nothing super tricky. Need to explain how you approach the problem, show that you truly understand the problem.
    Has option for skype interview if cannot come in.