AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was flown in the night before. It was a half day interview starting at 8 and wrapping up at 12:30. The team was EXTREMELY friendly. I started talking to them and knew I would have loved working with them. They were extremely insightful and intelligent, and at the same time, kind and easy to talk to. At the end of the day, it felt like a stimulating discussion on my field rather than an interview process.

Interview Questions

• My interest in the role, why I was a fit. How I would address some of the business challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed insight. We’re happy to hear you had a positive interview experience! Best of luck in your career endeavors.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview. The manager asked questions about myself and my education background. Described the details of the work and asked if that was something I could do. Seemed very laid back and just wanted to make sure I felt comfortable having a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked what I did in school and how much experience I have with Microsoft Office.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

They have two sets of people interview, the dynamic of the two make the interview really easy going. They were on time and seemed very interesting in me, not just a possible employee.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would benefit this position.   1 Answer

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AbbVie (Itasca, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiters were very prompt when initializing a interview. Provided a detailed schedule on how the interview process would go. Once I got to my interview location, the hotel staff didn't even know where I needed to go for the Abbvie interview, they told me I was in the wrong location. Once I was able to find the room I needed to go to they didn't have me on their schedule for the right day. After I initially asked the recruiter what the hours were I was given a response of 7am-7pm, M-F,I let them know I have class at 7pm 1 day a week and they didn't say anything after that. I told the first 2 interviewers about my school schedule and once I was on to the 3rd interview I was told that the shift they are looking for is 1030-7 and to try back once my school semester is complete. I had a negative experience as I drove 50 minutes to get to the interview to be shut down after already being there over a hour and ended up late for class. Disappointed as I have a strong pharmacy background and have been a PCC in my prior employment and felt not only would I benefit from this experience but so would my company with the knowledge that id be bringing in. Once I was told that they unfortunately wouldn't be able to work around my school schedule I was asked to send a email notifying the recruiter that I cannot accept the position at this time. -> I should not have to advise the recruiter that they are unwilling to work around 1 day of classes when I know they are flexible with other team members and their schedules. I have been told a lot of technicians that start there are recently starting out as a technician and are not certified. I have been a technician since 2006, I am a certified senior technician at 2 of my prior employers and a PCC for rare diseases for 2 years. I am familiar with Humira products as I will be tested a second time for RA. I felt discriminated against for trying to complete my education.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interview. They ask you how you reacted in different scenarios and what the outcome was. 1) name a time you and a coworker had a disagreement how did you move forward and what did you learn from it? 3) name a time you were given feedback, how did you react and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Phone Interview was like speed dating How awful.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself in 10 minutes or less   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Abbott Park, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was good because the interviewer was nice and let me clearly understand the expectations for the position. I was able to understand what routine day entails as well as the culture of the team there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tight turn-a-rounds for samples and high sample loads   1 Answer

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a hiring manager. I then had a full day of interviews on site. From the initial phone screen, it took three weeks to schedule the on site interviews, then another three weeks until a verbal offer was received. Interviewers were very professional and warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral-type questions like what would your mentor say your weaknesses were and how have you worked at improving them. Questions mainly concerned about attitude and fit with the team.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. The hiring manager contacted me a week later for a phone screen and then scheduled an onsite interview the week after. Met with hiring manager, other team members, department head, etc. Mostly asked standard behavioral interview questions and about past experiences. Was rejected ~2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you solved a specific problem, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview recently. Hiring manager (scientist of the department) contacted me based on my available time. It was very professional interview but at the same time very friendly. They want to ask technical and behavior questions at the same time. Interview process took 3 weeks after I applied online. It was positive experience.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Did not seem to have the standard HR process or canned behavioral questions. Hiring manager asked a lot about business processes and approaches of my company.

Interview Questions

• How did company X approach and gain approvals for new innovations?   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Highly professional, respectful of one's time, accurate in the description of role and total rewards, and responsive. I would say that other companies aspire to operate like this Talent Acquisition team.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Welcome to AbbVie and thank you for the interview insight! We’re glad to hear you had a positive interview experience, which is what we strive for.