AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AbbVie

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AbbVie in December 2018.

Interview

2 interviews, first was talking through how I would approach certain data analysis questions. Second was a lot more relaxed and it was more informational telling me about myself and what they're looking for. There weren't as many behavioral questions as I had expected

Patient Care Strategy Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was standard: Background, AbbVie culture norms related star response questions.
    Interview was 30 to 45 mins with the Hiring Manager and the peers and other members.
    I didn't receive any updates after 3.5 weeks of the interview even after following up with HR and HR saying that I will get an update. I logged in to the candidate application system and the status was updated as 'No longer under consideration'.
    When a candidate spends almost a day to interview, they deserve a phone call or at least a note telling them about it.

Actually, this experience makes me happy that I didn't get selected as would have ended up working for such a culture ! Not a good experience. A lot shows of the company's culture and how they would treat their people based on how HR behaves with you whether you made it or didn't make it. Won't be applying at this company anymore.

Interview Questions

• Such as in the spirit of All for One AbbVie, can you describe a situation when you had to drive an org initiative across cross functional departments.   Answer Question

AbbVie Response

Jun 1, 2020 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sincerely sorry that this was your experience with AbbVie. We have a strong commitment to employee and candidate satisfaction and believe in complete transparency across our entire organization. We would like to hear more about your experience, so we can do right by you moving forward. Please reach out to us at HRConnect.northamerica@abbvie.com. Feedback may be reported anonymously.

QC Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Would normally we one in-person on-campus interview and then a panel interview at their office, but this was changed due to COVID-19. I had one phone interview with a current QC Lab Technician and then another with a supervisor.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and had interview. Casual interview and they asked fair questions about past experience, skills that I had, and future aspirations. Made the interview feel two-sided which was really nice because it was easy to ask questions back.

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews if the initial conversation with HR counts as one. The interview with HM and onsite focused on technical aspects. Talked to 7-8 people during the onsite interview from different groups.

Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Abbott Park, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

Pre-screening phone call with recruiter. Several phone and virtual interviews with boss and colleagues. COVID-19 restricted in-person interviews. Final phone interview with head of the department. All interviews included at least one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty gaining agreement from others during a project you were leading.   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest career achievement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you led that had a significance impact on the company/organization.   Answer Question

IT Service Delivery Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Internal and not open to outside hires. They had folks already lined up for the role and wasted my time to interview. the team that were interviewing was very partial.

Principal Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Their interview process seems pretty messed up. They seem to have no respect for the candidate's time. The recruiter set up a time for the initial phone screen but never called. I emailed the recruiter 15 mins. after the scheduled time went by to see if we are still on schedule for a call. The guy NEVER apologized and very casually emailed back that he'd call in the next hour. Who does that?? Why do they think that the candidate is at their disposal? I've never had this level of unprofessional conduct displayed by a recruiter to me in my 18 yrs. career anywhere.

Next, the phone screen went by fine and the guy mentioned that he'll set up a follow-up call with the hiring manager the following week. Guess what? I never heard back from that person either. It's been almost 2 months (emailed the recruiter once in between with no response), and these people still seem to hold on to my candidacy.

Go figure. These people have no courtesy or professionalism. I can already get a pretty great impression of their work culture. I think it is best to stay away from this Pharma company.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received an email about 1 week later. Interview was set up for the next week. Received a call I got the job 2 days after interview. Everyone who assisted in setting up and coordinating was fantastic and so kind. I felt my interview was super relaxed and they really pitched me on being able to move up within the company which was awesome.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

It was a technical interview, took about 40 minutes, a brief introduction about the position about the position, then start asking SAS questions in data cleaning and MACROs, asked the most frequent used SAS function

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

HR was very friendly and helpful in connecting with HM.

HM had a phone interview that was a rundown of the resume.

Final interviews were 5 back to back interviews asking technical and analytical questions based on your resume and what the job needs.

It is also a good opportunity to learn more about the team and ask questions.