AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was flown in the night before. It was a half day interview starting at 8 and wrapping up at 12:30. The team was EXTREMELY friendly. I started talking to them and knew I would have loved working with them. They were extremely insightful and intelligent, and at the same time, kind and easy to talk to. At the end of the day, it felt like a stimulating discussion on my field rather than an interview process.

Interview Questions

• My interest in the role, why I was a fit. How I would address some of the business challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed insight. We’re happy to hear you had a positive interview experience! Best of luck in your career endeavors.

NLP Software Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at AbbVie in June 2018.

Interview

Had a very informal feel. They mostly wanted to know about my experience in text analytics and how that might contribute to the position they were hiring for. I enjoyed the interview, and it went well (at least according to the feedback I received), but it was clearly not going to be a good fit for either of us.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

We spoke on the phone for about 25 min with manager of group. Simple questions about my background and they explained what the role was. They invited me out to their location for an on-site interview. I was required to give a 45 min seminar on my research. Met with about 10 people over the span of the day in 30 min intervals discussing my background, how I would fit in, the role, and benefits/salary (HR). Excellent experience. I came from a very different background and just was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you're background will allow you to succeed here?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

They were very friendly, explained in detail the work and asked questions related to the role. They seemed overwhelmed by the amount of work they were doing, which is why they were looking to hire.

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a day-long affair, after a phone interview. Several people at different levels interviewed me. They used the standard format that involves asking one to relate past experiences that illustrate different traits. It was generally amicable. They seemed to be surprisingly innocent of the state of the industry outside their own offices, though.

Interview Questions

• The standard "What in your history has shown your ability to..." questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

After speaking with representatives at a University job fair in the Fall, I was invited to an interview. This behavioral interview took place on campus with a recruiter. Two days after the interview, I heard back from the interview with an offer for a Summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Personality interview with basic background questions, mostly about the components of my resume. Was very pleasant and quick, and I heard back within a week of the phone call. Asked if I had any questions about the company.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (River Forest, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with an HR phone screen, then I had a phone interview with hiring manager, both were very pleasant. The third interview was onsite at the AbbVie campus (met with 5 individuals separately for a total of 4.5 hours). The associate who interviewed me first made me feel entirely unwelcome upon my arrival and then throughout the whole 45-minute 1:1 interview. It was easily the rudest interaction have ever had during an interview process. While the rest of the team was extremely welcoming, just couldn't shake the feeling of working with someone who would treat a guest (and potential colleague) with such deliberate rudeness and disdain. To me, the experience spoke volumes of AbbVie's managerial culture.

Interview Questions

• I loved talking to the hiring manager in the 2nd interview. There was actual dialogue that centered on my experience and technical skill set. The hiring manager asked a great question, which was: "Imagine you get hired and a year from now, we're celebrating your successes. What are we celebrating?" That question was what made me want to return for a 3rd interview.

Questions for the 3rd interview experience felt very different and forced. The interview questions are all compartmentalized according to AbbVie's core values. Team members each get a different value with a coordinating set of questions in advance, and they repeat them word for word. All of the questions began with: "Give me an example of a time when..." There was very little organic, genuine conversation.   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Abbott Park, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was good because the interviewer was nice and let me clearly understand the expectations for the position. I was able to understand what routine day entails as well as the culture of the team there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tight turn-a-rounds for samples and high sample loads   1 Answer

CTOP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online early, in August, and got an email in January from an HR recruiter asking to set up a short phone interview since I am a college student in a different state.

Interview Questions

• How have you brought innovation into a project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview that was set up by a third party contracting agency. The team members were both very friendly, and surprisingly casual. It was a little more than 30 minutes in duration, but a lot of the talk was focused on my interests, passions, and where I want to take my career. Not particularly challenging, but definitely required some thought.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you faced a challenge in your scientific pursuits? How did you resolve it and what did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 1-5 years, and what do you hope to get out of this job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your laboratory experience and your expectations for the job.   Answer Question