AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was flown in the night before. It was a half day interview starting at 8 and wrapping up at 12:30. The team was EXTREMELY friendly. I started talking to them and knew I would have loved working with them. They were extremely insightful and intelligent, and at the same time, kind and easy to talk to. At the end of the day, it felt like a stimulating discussion on my field rather than an interview process.

Interview Questions

• My interest in the role, why I was a fit. How I would address some of the business challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed insight. We’re happy to hear you had a positive interview experience! Best of luck in your career endeavors.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

After speaking with representatives at a University job fair in the Fall, I was invited to an interview. This behavioral interview took place on campus with a recruiter. Two days after the interview, I heard back from the interview with an offer for a Summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Personality interview with basic background questions, mostly about the components of my resume. Was very pleasant and quick, and I heard back within a week of the phone call. Asked if I had any questions about the company.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Abbott Park, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was good because the interviewer was nice and let me clearly understand the expectations for the position. I was able to understand what routine day entails as well as the culture of the team there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tight turn-a-rounds for samples and high sample loads   1 Answer

CTOP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online early, in August, and got an email in January from an HR recruiter asking to set up a short phone interview since I am a college student in a different state.

Interview Questions

• How have you brought innovation into a project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview that was set up by a third party contracting agency. The team members were both very friendly, and surprisingly casual. It was a little more than 30 minutes in duration, but a lot of the talk was focused on my interests, passions, and where I want to take my career. Not particularly challenging, but definitely required some thought.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you faced a challenge in your scientific pursuits? How did you resolve it and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 1-5 years, and what do you hope to get out of this job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your laboratory experience and your expectations for the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed through phone as I was not in area, was asked to come in in-person (if you were in area) to see the facilities and the group.
    Interviewed with different people individually. People were nice and enthusiastic and pretty informal

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Highly professional, respectful of one's time, accurate in the description of role and total rewards, and responsive. I would say that other companies aspire to operate like this Talent Acquisition team.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Welcome to AbbVie and thank you for the interview insight! We’re glad to hear you had a positive interview experience, which is what we strive for.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie in November 2017.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter 3 weeks after application. 30 minute phone interview with 2 people the next week. 2 weeks later got a call from the recruiter for another 1 hour interview with the same 2 people. Was told there will be an onsite interview soon but never received any update after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a major accomplishment in your career?   Answer Question

Medical Reviewer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Onsite Interview- with 6 people, 30-45 minutes each

Interviewed at the Mettawa location. Provided lunch.

The entire process took about 1 1/2 months.

I commend the Abbvie HR recruiter for calling me to tell me the outcome. Other places I've interviewed at never call back after the interview.

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Recruiter recommended me to submit this position. I start with phone interview with HR, after less than a week followed with an onsite interview with a few people, some asked technical questions, some asked about behavior questions.