AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was flown in the night before. It was a half day interview starting at 8 and wrapping up at 12:30. The team was EXTREMELY friendly. I started talking to them and knew I would have loved working with them. They were extremely insightful and intelligent, and at the same time, kind and easy to talk to. At the end of the day, it felt like a stimulating discussion on my field rather than an interview process.

Interview Questions

• My interest in the role, why I was a fit. How I would address some of the business challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed insight. We’re happy to hear you had a positive interview experience! Best of luck in your career endeavors.

Medical Reviewer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Onsite Interview- with 6 people, 30-45 minutes each

Interviewed at the Mettawa location. Provided lunch.

The entire process took about 1 1/2 months.

I commend the Abbvie HR recruiter for calling me to tell me the outcome. Other places I've interviewed at never call back after the interview.

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Recruiter recommended me to submit this position. I start with phone interview with HR, after less than a week followed with an onsite interview with a few people, some asked technical questions, some asked about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The hiring manager was very friendly and courteous. He asked relevant question about my qualifications for the role and about my supervisory skills. It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my qualifications and supervisory experience   Answer Question

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We’re happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience with us. Welcome to AbbVie!

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Did not seem to have the standard HR process or canned behavioral questions. Hiring manager asked a lot about business processes and approaches of my company.

Interview Questions

• How did company X approach and gain approvals for new innovations?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Lincolnshire, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Solid interview process. Very organized. Phone screen followed by an on-site interview with 4 people. The coordinator sent information including benefits prior to the on-site meetings. All info had links to informational videos on YouTube. Very helpful.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We do our best to remain transparent and informative throughout the interview process and we’re glad that you had a positive experience. Thank you for the review!

Associate Director Corporate Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The process surprised me because it seemed more streamlined than I would have expected. There was one telephone screen with talent acquisition, one with the hiring manager, and then an onsite set of 6 interviews with the rest of the team, the hiring manager and the talent acquisition individual.

Project Coordinator (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AbbVie (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with manager then brought in-house. Met with about 5 people on his team. Had a phone interview with HR. She asked a couple of behavioral interview questions. I'm not good at these types of questions, but I was told two members of the team liked me so I got the job

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Waukegan, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly. Interviewed with 2 section supervisors and 2 managers. Was about and hour long. Each person asked about 2-3 Questions. Very open to those with contract work looking for full time employment. Understands the struggle of finding gainful employment after college and lack of experience due to lack of opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What systems am I familiar with? I worked for their sister company so I had an idea already of what to expect   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

I was contacted by a person within the company who came across my resume through a career board. I had two different phone interviews and in speaking with the 2nd person, it was apparent that she was not interested in my background as she did not leave me any time to ask any questions about the role or about next steps. She was very abrupt to get off of the phone with me. When I followed up with the initial person who contacted she never responded at all. I understand that I may not be what the organization is looking for at this point in time, but to not give me any time to ask any questions and then not respond to an inquiry leaves a poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. We’re dissatisfied that you had a negative interview experience with our company. We’ll use this information to continue to build on the great experience we strive... More