AbbVie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was flown in the night before. It was a half day interview starting at 8 and wrapping up at 12:30. The team was EXTREMELY friendly. I started talking to them and knew I would have loved working with them. They were extremely insightful and intelligent, and at the same time, kind and easy to talk to. At the end of the day, it felt like a stimulating discussion on my field rather than an interview process.

Interview Questions

• My interest in the role, why I was a fit. How I would address some of the business challenges faced by the company?   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed insight. We’re happy to hear you had a positive interview experience! Best of luck in your career endeavors.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The hiring manager was very friendly and courteous. He asked relevant question about my qualifications for the role and about my supervisory skills. It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my qualifications and supervisory experience   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Lincolnshire, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Solid interview process. Very organized. Phone screen followed by an on-site interview with 4 people. The coordinator sent information including benefits prior to the on-site meetings. All info had links to informational videos on YouTube. Very helpful.

Associate Director Corporate Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The process surprised me because it seemed more streamlined than I would have expected. There was one telephone screen with talent acquisition, one with the hiring manager, and then an onsite set of 6 interviews with the rest of the team, the hiring manager and the talent acquisition individual.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

I was contacted by a person within the company who came across my resume through a career board. I had two different phone interviews and in speaking with the 2nd person, it was apparent that she was not interested in my background as she did not leave me any time to ask any questions about the role or about next steps. She was very abrupt to get off of the phone with me. When I followed up with the initial person who contacted she never responded at all. I understand that I may not be what the organization is looking for at this point in time, but to not give me any time to ask any questions and then not respond to an inquiry leaves a poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. We’re dissatisfied that you had a negative interview experience with our company. We’ll use this information to continue to build on the great experience we strive... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR person seemed to be tired and not really interested in the interview. Phone connection was bad and I think she was not happy with me asking to repeat her questions.

Interview Questions

AbbVie Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We’re disappointed to hear that you had a less-than-satisfactory interview experience, but we appreciate this feedback and encourage you to apply for other suitable positions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AbbVie.

Interview

Phone Interview with the head of the chemistry division. She called promptly and asked several direct questions. She didn't seem to want to know more about me or my job experience. Just wanted to blank statement of if I had the experience she wanted or not.

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (North Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather standard. My resume was submitted and joined a brief phone screen. The next step was for an in-person with the manager and another project manager. The third step was to come in for a face-to-face with other team members.

Clinical Applications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Bluff, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AbbVie (Lake Bluff, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

One phone screening by the Director of Statistical Programming. If selected, onsite interview with all Associate Directors and The Director again . They take a very long time to plan the interview. Time taking process with no response till days after the interview. You will keep waiting if there is a denial.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to CDISC standards and real work scenarios   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AbbVie (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

They visited my college campus and I liked that it was more of a conversation about myself than just going through questions on a paper. I was able to open up more and was overall a very comfortable experience.