Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ace Hardware Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Only one interview, lasted about 30 min, checked grades and exrracurricular involvement, friendly questions to get to know you, having a recommendation goes a long way! They'll try to see if you are generally interested in hardware

Interview Questions

• do you do a lot of your own yard work / are you a fix it yourself type of person   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

3 hours interview pretty much about everything: education, working experience and cultural background. It was a quite fun interview. They try to know who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to improve your last employer's working performance?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Douglasville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview on time. The guy only talked with me for about 20 minutes and said hehad more people to interview and would get back with me but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had driving with cdl   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chehalis, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Chehalis, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very open and fun a great interview the total process was around an hour but after that you already felt like part of the team. Other than that nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Applied for the job on-line. A week later got a phone call for an in person interview. No unusual questions and a standard interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about experience in retail hardware sales.   Answer Question

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Iowa City, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

They email you to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my resume, my engineering experience (I am an undergrad in industrial engineering), and my previous job experience at a distribution center. Wants people who have knowledge of distribution centers, cutting purchase orders, and forecasting. They said they would get back to me soon and emailed me back 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your engineering experience.
      - Tell me about your experience at the distribution center.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informal and short and maybe lasted 5 to 10 minutes. It was done in casual attire, and the questions were direct and to the point. I was hired the same day, and my started pay was $8 dollars and hour.

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Piedmont, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Store manager sat me down in his office and we held a very informal interview for about 30 minutes. He was hesitant about a recently long employment gap, but decided on giving me a shot. I got the job and started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked retail?   1 Answer

Receiving Lead/Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a friendly call and an interview was set up. The interview was great, the manager was very understanding and cool. The whole process was very quick and actually hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work history?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the job, emphasize any customer service experience.

Supply Chain Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Got a phone screen request the day after I applied online. Phone screen was 30 min east behavioral and experience level questions. Went in for in person interview a week later which lasted 2 hours with 2 groups of managers. Questions were easy enough, mostly behavioral and one technical. They gave me an inventory review data sheet and asked my thoughts about it. I received a rejection letter a week later with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• What's one bad thing your favorite manager would say about you ?   Answer Question