Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ace Hardware Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Very easy and relaxing process. They asked me several questions, the basic ones. (Why are you fit for this job, what are your qualifications, why this Ace) overall it was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

In the office, asked a few questions about my work record and what I did at my previous job, then told they will call after the weekend with their decision.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Gainesville, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a very long, in-person interview with the current HR Manager. I was told they would get back to me within the next week and it seemed very positive, however I have never received even an email despite 2 follow up emails from me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Aston, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very basic, asked the normal questions in an interview and got to see if you qualify for the position. The person who gave the interview made me feel very comfortable and didn't try to make me nervous and they explained the questions thoroughly and made sure you knew how to answer. It was a good experience and atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this position?   1 Answer

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Completed an hour phone interview. Then was contacted for an in-person interview with two different hiring managers. After arriving and checking in with security, I was placed in a small conference room where an HR rep popped in and out asking some questions. Once one of the hiring manager's arrived I spent approximately 45 minutes with him. Then he checked with HR on the status of the other hiring manager who was supposed to interview me. He came back into the conference room and said "I'll walk you out now". No explanation was provided. I have not heard back from anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Naperville, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the Naperville North location (1030 N. Washington St, Naperville, IL) with a very lovely and wonderful woman who seemed to be a great boss and manager. However, the women who ran the actual courtesy desk at the location was god awful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or too involved, she just asked me about my blog and a couple of food industry jobs in the past, and how comfortable i felt/why i left those jobs   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmer, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Wilmer, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first then in person interview with a panel of 3 individuals. Interview went well was even offered a tour of the site and introduced to people. Two weeks have passed, no response from interviewer on decision and have left two messages with no response. Communication does not seem to be a priority.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness you have?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Brunswick, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was told about the job and told to come back Monday to start. They didnt ask me any questions or and background info. I was basically just called in to accept the job and be on my way.

Interview Questions

• They didnt really ask me many question   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumelle, AR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Maumelle, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call within 2 or 3 days of applying to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by just one person. I was pretty straightforward and nothing unusual. It lasted approximately 30 minutes and he then took me on a tour of the facility. I received a phone call two days later offering me the position pending the outcome of a drug screen and background check. I had to go in and submit to a drug test as well as provide information for a third party background check. Three business days later I was officially offered the position and had to go in a third time to complete HR paperwork and do a simple physical agility test. So the time from applying to start date was approximately 3 weeks.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Only one interview, lasted about 30 min, checked grades and exrracurricular involvement, friendly questions to get to know you, having a recommendation goes a long way! They'll try to see if you are generally interested in hardware

Interview Questions

• do you do a lot of your own yard work / are you a fix it yourself type of person   Answer Question