Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview. I left with the impression that 1. Management truly cares for their team. 2. Safety is very important, 3. They want to make the perfect choice of hire.

Interview Questions

• What processes have you helped improve in the past. looking for 5S, lean, continuous improvement   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person interview with two managers on team.

Interview Questions

• HR representative asked all the generic interview questions that are irrelevant to the position and annoying to answer. Sat on the table hovering over me in an authoritative position that was also annoying and condescending.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Normal, IL).

Interview

Felt judged very hard the entire interview process. Met with the store manager for the interview who talked down to me and treated me as though everyone was incapable of doing their job. I've held jobs that required more responsibility than the one I was interviewing for and the store manager talked like I had no idea how to do the job. End of interview included a timed math test that included lots of complex problems without the use of a calculator. Very poor interview and definitely not a place that I would see myself working.

Interview Questions

• - What is your weakness? Strength?
      - Describe a team you were part of a team?
      - Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chehalis, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Chehalis, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very open and fun a great interview the total process was around an hour but after that you already felt like part of the team. Other than that nothing else.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, some basic algorithm problem. didnt psss it. it should not be too hard, just need to be careful. you should see the algorithm book before you go to interview

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy
    My interview was informal however many interviews are formal. Dress nice and smile! They encourage people who have no work previous work experience. They hire students and people with criminal history. My interviewer was my manager. At the time I was in high school. He thought I was a great young lady and hired me.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Bloomington, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

I knew someone who worked at the store, so I got an interview on the spot when I turned in my application. They just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. Nothing to difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they told me the most they could give me. It wasn't what I wanted, but it wasn't too far off.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Simple phone interview followed by two interviews with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult here, just basic situational questions. Just make sure to have a basic understanding of how their business operates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this internship.

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my university and spoke with an HR representative at the Ace hardware booth for quite some time. After that I was contacted through email by that same recruiter who informed me I had gotten a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to come into headquarters outside of Chicago, IL and interview in person. This interview was with 2 people including one of my later managers.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality that will make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in March 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen, covering interest, skills--standard stuff. Then an in-person interview at HQ in Oak Brook. Met with hiring managers from two departments as well as HR. Questions covered basics of skills and experience in required skills, and more information about the position itself. This interview lasted two hours for all three individuals.

Interview Questions

• How have you communicated a technical problem to a non-technical audience?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

behavioral based questions with HR, technical with hiring mgr.