Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Akamai

3.1

Sort:

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I introduced a little bit about myself and my background. Then, interviewers introduced what they did. Finally, some basic network questions are asked. The interviewers are very kind. They tried their best to lead you to the answers that they wanted.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The standard tech-company interview (I've had a lot of these over the years, and conducted many of them myself at former employers). First a recruiter talks with you on the phone to confirm that you're human. Then there's a first round of technical questions; in my case these were Unix-, networking-, and systems-focused. In person, they ask you some standard Unix questions, and there's some coding on the board. Maybe there are one or two questions that are real curveballs and require some real digging to answer them, but Akamai's interview questions are not nearly the hardest I've ever been given. The hardest I've ever been given were from Google, where they continually escalate the difficulty of the questions to test your limits.

Akamai's interviewers were good, but sort of middle-manager-y. I didn't get the sense that the group I was speaking with felt as though they were the élites.

Interview Questions

• Why might you use SMTP to get large (multi-gig) line-oriented text-based logs from one machine to another?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate. They offered me a number, I asked for [that number] + $5,000 (or maybe $10,000; I forget); they said no; and I accepted the initial offer. Note that the initial offer was $20,000 more than any other company has ever paid me, so it was a terrific initial offer.

They kept asking me, as all companies do, to tell them how much I'd made at previous employers, and I never told them. I have to imagine that, had I told them what I had made previously, they never would have given me the raise that they did.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple if you have already worked as a coop/intern

Negotiation

very bad.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Received a call from the HR Manager, asked basic questions based on resume
    and some HR based questions. I believe the interview went well, but after follow ups for 2 weeks, received
    a reply from HR saying skill-set wasnt adequate.
    It could have been a little sooner, maybe the pool of candidates was a lot, not sure though

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on Piazza and reached out with a request to schedule a phone interview.

We set a date and time to speak. He didn't call. I sent a couple of emails after that but haven't heard back.

Extremely unprofessional and disappointing experience. I'll definitely think twice before responding to any future offers from them!

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

One phone screen where they asked about myself, best project on resume, computer network fundamentals, protocol stack focussing on transport layer, what is tcp and udp difference between them, after passing phone screen there was an onsite interview with 4 rounds testing algorithms and writing tests for the code.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you type an URL in the browser and press enter   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was smooth, the questions were straight forward. Just two rounds of phone interview since this was for an intern position. Each interview lasted only 30 minutes. But they are very rigid with extensions for offer deadline. I got a call almost everyday asking me when I'd be accepting the offer. This was very unprofessional. From my understanding its pretty common for students to use the full 2/3 weeks time that is provided to make a decision.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview, there were three rounds each of 1 hour. They asked me basic questions on subjects related to my resume and projects. One question on creating a database, one was an algorithm problem and others were basic questions on skills mentioned in the resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

First the HR connected with me via email to set up a technical skype interview with 2 senior engineers and the hiring manager. The skype interview was scheduled 1 week later. It was 1.5 hour long interview. First one hour was with 2 senior engineers.It was very rigorous and I feel I managed it quite well. About 20 questions based on DNS, HTTP, Routing protocols, Linked lists, Content delivery networking,Python scripting. The concluding half hour was with the hiring manager and it was more of a behavioral interview. The overall interview experience was good. However, the company never got back with the result and no feedback at all. Very unprofessional. The HR did not bother to send a reject e mail. After several e mails of following up about the status, the HR informed that they hired someone else. Wrote a feedback mail to the hiring manager and the two senior engineers who interviewed me. No response. Dissatisfied with this approach.
    Interview was good but the manner in which I had to struggle to get the response was annoying. So I am rating it as a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that I remember are :-

Explain Content delivery networking.
      How to insert a node at the beginning of a linked list.
      Explain HTTP headers
      Some python regex questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial Telephone Screening, Onsite Interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

• Detailed resume and experience   1 Answer