Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akamai Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in November 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my campus career fair. The next day, scheduled an interview with another recruiter for a couple weeks down the road. Mostly was just to get to know what you're interested in and what kind of teams you'd like to work with, my recruiter was very friendly. A couple weeks later I received an invitation for a second interview with two different teams, one in CA and one in MA. I did a Skype interview with both teams and was able to choose which team I wanted to work with. I received the offer the day after my Skype interview with the CA team. It was a really good experience and the recruitment process went really smoothly. The hiring manager skipped the technical questions during my technical interview since he was really interested in a project that I was currently working on, which I showed him on Git.

Interview Questions

• Give an overview of how ReactJS works and differs from other frameworks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Group forum interview and then individual interviews. Training program pays $12.00/hr for five months, then contract position is $20.00/hr for a minimum of six months (both are non-negotiable). That amounts to $28,800 for the 11 month time period before taxes. In both phases of the program you are employed by an employment agency, not Akamai. They do not provide free parking, only ~30% pre-tax discount on commuter pass. I could see how this would be a great opportunity for young people who still have the support of their parents, but other than that I don't know how anyone survives on this pay. Also, the training progression is not performance based, i.e. everyone stays on the same training schedule and there is no opportunity to complete training ahead of schedule. These are not living wages and, while I was offered a spot in the academy, I cannot accept it.

Associate Platform Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai in August 2017.

Interview

Bad Experience, slow process takes days to schedule a call, so took long time to process the hiring. I cleared three rounds but after a week I was told due to change in business plan they close the job but when I went to their website the job posting is still there. It was a LIE and not professional at ALL.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Denver, CO).

Interview

3 disjointed interactions with three different recruiters who apparently don't talk to each other. Had to reschedule multiple times. Phone interview with hiring manager, he was very personable and seemed impressed by my experience. Did not seem concerned with my not too recent or in-depth experience with network security. Went for the in-person interview. The recruiter failed to tell me that they expected to have me come prepared with a presentation on a provided topic - they never told me this nor provided a topic. I was in a little tiny office with two other people and two others on video. They apologized about the lack of communication but gave me ten minutes to make something up and present to the panel. They grilled me on internet protocols, knowing that was not by background. The folks local in Denver were lovely, the people on the video were cold and honestly, I don't see myself working for them, positively multiple sticks up the butt. So the fact that the presentation did not go well and they never even called me back or emailed to say no thanks is a good thing. I think I would have died a little every day if I had to work for the dude on the video conference from DC I believe.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall details but very very in depth questions on IP protocols   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akamai (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone, on-site, and video conference interviews with several management team members. The interview process was very relaxed as-if you're talking to a colleague you havent seen in a while about yourself or their recent job experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked some competency questions regarding general industry topics with correlation to CDN, WAF and other Akamai-related products. The last interview section required the presentation of a related industry topic like HTTP/2, IPv6, DDoS, WAF or Web/Image Optimization.   Answer Question

Director of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was told by the recruiter I was being interviewed by a peer director for a position with direct reports, and the hiring manager would be overseas. The interviewer asked a number of questions that he reported "only a small fraction of all mathematicians or physicists get correct". I had checked Glassdoors "best places to work" rating, and I was very surprised.

Interview Questions

• He also wanted me to work 60 hours a week, with a scheduled, in the office full day every other Saturday.   1 Answer

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter riched out on Linkedin.
    There was two phone screen with the hiring manager and online coding with an engineer respectively.
    And then the Onsite which was 45 x 4 sessions with engineers of diverse background

Interview Questions

• Write a function that checks if a given ip is a member or a subnet such as (10.10.0.0 - 255.255.192.0)
      You cannot use a library, not even built-in - pure Python.
      Essentially binary ops.   Answer Question

Senior Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had a recruiter call me. About 2 weeks later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which was in great depth. About 2 weeks later, I had an on-site interview. During the on-site meetings, I was interviewed by teams of people over a full afternoon, since it was a lead position. Everyone was very pleasant. I was asked to critique the security for an internet-of-things type of architecture shown in a diagram. One unusual thing about the interview afternoon was a question that I heard over and over again from different interviewers: "How do you work with difficult people?" I gather that there is much self-awareness that the typical person working in the group is difficult to work with....either because that person may be brilliant but has no social skills, or because that person thinks s/he is always right and doesn't like being challenged. Certainly the interviewers seemed very smart, and mentioned that they liked working with their brilliant colleagues.

I had told the hiring manager that I already had another offer and needed timely feedback. I did hear back in about a week that they didn't want to hold me up from some other offer (my assumption that they weren't extremely interested to hire me). The feedback from HR mentioned that I had passed the technical side of the interview, but that I might not be the right fit for the leadership side and they were continuing to interview other candidates. On the leadership side, I have to assume that they were looking for some particular approach to handling those difficult people, but I couldn't guess what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were open ended, for example, "tell me about social networking security".   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Got mail from recruiter for availability for phone screen. After giving slots didn't hear from them. After series of followup for months din't hear back from them. They didn't even bother for replying to e-mail.

Solutions Architect II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

contacted by Recruiter first who asked technical questions to filter candidates, followed by 2 technical rounds before on-site. 4 on-site rounds of 30 mins each. the process took almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• DNS, diff between tcp/udp, zone transfer and its types, how is static and dynamic content stored, OSI model, when to use tcp over udp in a zone transfer, time management example, what will you do in the first 30 - 60 days, 6 months, 5 years ?   Answer Question