Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.2

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Denver, CO).

Interview

3 disjointed interactions with three different recruiters who apparently don't talk to each other. Had to reschedule multiple times. Phone interview with hiring manager, he was very personable and seemed impressed by my experience. Did not seem concerned with my not too recent or in-depth experience with network security. Went for the in-person interview. The recruiter failed to tell me that they expected to have me come prepared with a presentation on a provided topic - they never told me this nor provided a topic. I was in a little tiny office with two other people and two others on video. They apologized about the lack of communication but gave me ten minutes to make something up and present to the panel. They grilled me on internet protocols, knowing that was not by background. The folks local in Denver were lovely, the people on the video were cold and honestly, I don't see myself working for them, positively multiple sticks up the butt. So the fact that the presentation did not go well and they never even called me back or emailed to say no thanks is a good thing. I think I would have died a little every day if I had to work for the dude on the video conference from DC I believe.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall details but very very in depth questions on IP protocols   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akamai (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone, on-site, and video conference interviews with several management team members. The interview process was very relaxed as-if you're talking to a colleague you havent seen in a while about yourself or their recent job experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked some competency questions regarding general industry topics with correlation to CDN, WAF and other Akamai-related products. The last interview section required the presentation of a related industry topic like HTTP/2, IPv6, DDoS, WAF or Web/Image Optimization.   Answer Question

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter riched out on Linkedin.
    There was two phone screen with the hiring manager and online coding with an engineer respectively.
    And then the Onsite which was 45 x 4 sessions with engineers of diverse background

Interview Questions

• Write a function that checks if a given ip is a member or a subnet such as (10.10.0.0 - 255.255.192.0)
      You cannot use a library, not even built-in - pure Python.
      Essentially binary ops.   Answer Question

Director of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was told by the recruiter I was being interviewed by a peer director for a position with direct reports, and the hiring manager would be overseas. The interviewer asked a number of questions that he reported "only a small fraction of all mathematicians or physicists get correct". I had checked Glassdoors "best places to work" rating, and I was very surprised.

Interview Questions

• He also wanted me to work 60 hours a week, with a scheduled, in the office full day every other Saturday.   1 Answer

Senior Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had a recruiter call me. About 2 weeks later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which was in great depth. About 2 weeks later, I had an on-site interview. During the on-site meetings, I was interviewed by teams of people over a full afternoon, since it was a lead position. Everyone was very pleasant. I was asked to critique the security for an internet-of-things type of architecture shown in a diagram. One unusual thing about the interview afternoon was a question that I heard over and over again from different interviewers: "How do you work with difficult people?" I gather that there is much self-awareness that the typical person working in the group is difficult to work with....either because that person may be brilliant but has no social skills, or because that person thinks s/he is always right and doesn't like being challenged. Certainly the interviewers seemed very smart, and mentioned that they liked working with their brilliant colleagues.

I had told the hiring manager that I already had another offer and needed timely feedback. I did hear back in about a week that they didn't want to hold me up from some other offer (my assumption that they weren't extremely interested to hire me). The feedback from HR mentioned that I had passed the technical side of the interview, but that I might not be the right fit for the leadership side and they were continuing to interview other candidates. On the leadership side, I have to assume that they were looking for some particular approach to handling those difficult people, but I couldn't guess what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were open ended, for example, "tell me about social networking security".   Answer Question

Solutions Architect II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

contacted by Recruiter first who asked technical questions to filter candidates, followed by 2 technical rounds before on-site. 4 on-site rounds of 30 mins each. the process took almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• DNS, diff between tcp/udp, zone transfer and its types, how is static and dynamic content stored, OSI model, when to use tcp over udp in a zone transfer, time management example, what will you do in the first 30 - 60 days, 6 months, 5 years ?   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Got mail from recruiter for availability for phone screen. After giving slots didn't hear from them. After series of followup for months din't hear back from them. They didn't even bother for replying to e-mail.

Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Just completed first round that is a telephonic interview. It was a basic interview. Asked more about the skills sets regarding the job description. About project work and other co-curricular activities. Now waiting for their response for next round.

Interview Questions

• Asked for the skills and how much you know about the skills. Explain each skill in brief.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

First the HR connected with me via email to set up a technical skype interview with 2 senior engineers and the hiring manager. The skype interview was scheduled 1 week later. It was 1.5 hour long interview. First one hour was with 2 senior engineers.It was very rigorous and I feel I managed it quite well. About 20 questions based on DNS, HTTP, Routing protocols, Linked lists, Content delivery networking,Python scripting. The concluding half hour was with the hiring manager and it was more of a behavioral interview. The overall interview experience was good. However, the company never got back with the result and no feedback at all. Very unprofessional. The HR did not bother to send a reject e mail. After several e mails of following up about the status, the HR informed that they hired someone else. Wrote a feedback mail to the hiring manager and the two senior engineers who interviewed me. No response. Dissatisfied with this approach.
    Interview was good but the manner in which I had to struggle to get the response was annoying. So I am rating it as a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that I remember are :-

Explain Content delivery networking.
      How to insert a node at the beginning of a linked list.
      Explain HTTP headers
      Some python regex questions   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Onsite interview. 6 round. 1st round is HR. Then the remaining 5 round are team leader and members. Wait for 1 month and then get response from HR that no offer.