Allianz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allianz (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I for one had no phone call interview or anything of that sort and was called in for Super Day immediately. The interview took place in New York and was eye opening. Rapid 30-minute interviews with 7 individuals, 1 break for 20 minutes... great experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Name some problems with our financial market today?
      What is happening today our global environment?
      What is the 10-year treasury?
      How can we improve this "..." market?
      Why you?
      How are you different from this person?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer had no room for negotiation.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to do a lot of emailing myself. It was a lot guided by me, and it took a long time to here back on the initial interview. If I hadn't got in contact, no clue when I would have been told no.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Simple questions, very friendly interviewer who ended up being my supervisor for the entirety of the internship. Second interview with an ultimate colleague who ran the department who asked more in-depth questions and expected me to be knowledgable about the company and the sustainable development department

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work in the sustainable development department at Allianz?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz (New York, NY).

Interview

Welcome, overall smooth in process very positive impression for all those people first on board, luxurious building in Asia, loads of europeans around, really great first impression compared with any other companies

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I did a phone screen with a recruiter that went really well. Several days later, I met in person with the hiring manager. We walked through my resume, went through a few behavioral questions, and I asked a few of my own. It was a really great experience (which I credit to the hiring manager more than Allianz); I left feeling like the hiring manager really gave me the opportunity to show everything that I would bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision that helped grow your career.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz.

Interview

Applied online thought Indeed, they gave me a call 3-4 days later asking when would be a convenient time for a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. The woman that I talked to seemed very nice, and was professional. After i was asked if i had any questions, and then i was told she was going to pass my info onto a hiring manager and i would hear back next week.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews with Allianz. Recruiter first and then two upper level actuaries. All interviews were over the phone. The recruiters questions were mostly behavioral questions. The actuaries were more focused on "how you think" questions and "what do you know" questions.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was pushed back several times at short notice. I eventually talked to someone who quizzed me about an actuarial exam I hadn't yet taken. I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How does a life insurance company hedge against risks?   Answer Question

Work Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz.

Interview

I applied for a work student position online and called for a phone interview within 2 weeks . Basically i was asked behavioral questions coupled with skill questions where i had to give answers relating to my previous job . It was easy going and HR and technical manager were friendly. After 2 weeks i was invited for a personal round of interview where to give two presentations on the related topics. It was done to check the language skills, research and presenting skills with capacity to articulate the issue. Hiring managers were supportive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part was the case study presentation where i was asked my opinion about their projects. it was difficult because they wanted to know if i can think from a company's perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For working students, there is a standard policy for salary and other benefits. No negotiations done.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to their super day for their summer internship program. The entire process took approximately three hours, where I spoke with six people from various departments. I heard back from them around three weeks after the interview, one week later than someone else who also attended the same super day. Besides the delay, it was a pleasant experience, and the people at Allianz were very friendly.