Anthropologie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anthropologie Interview Questions

Interviews at Anthropologie

1,167 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Group Interview- Kind of awkward because it was conducted in the fitting room area, but very easy and friendly. There were 6 interviewees and two managers, plus we met additional managers before we left. Very straightforward for the position- just have your availability ready.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Went to the store and did a group interview with the hiring manager she was super nice and personable. They asked a few questions then had us find an outfit for a woman whose needs they described.

Interview Questions

• Find an outfit for an individual with this certain needs (they come up with the senario)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

- took 20 minutes during a work day in the store
    - sat on a couch in the store
    - spoke with SBL at the time
    - filled out a paper with my availability
    - process took 20 minutes

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

I applied for the sales associate job online. Got a call about an interview and had one interview in store with the store manager. Interview was relatively quick and easy

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

This is an easy interview. You will meet with the store manager in store. You will discuss previous retail and management experience, and including why you want to work at Anthropologie. 20 minutes tops. They may ask you things you disliked about working at other retailers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Anthropologie.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

applied online through the companies job site listed on website. Was required to submit a cover letter and resume, I do not think there were any initial questions. I got a call about a week later from store manager asking to meet in person.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

applied online. They called me in to interview within two days. Interview was just small talk mostly. One on One. Was a little awkward. The interviewer seemed uninspired and I picked up on that. That made it a little difficult to make conversation. We ended up talking about the weather, yikes. What a shame, because i walked in the store that day bursting with excitement.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with customers of different ages and backgrounds?   Answer Question
    • What is a difficult customer service experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle delivering unpleasant news?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Lasted about 30 minutes, asked why I chose Anthropologie to work at. Pay is about minimum wage for sales associate, which is $10 in my location/state. Dress like you would to work there and similar to their style.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied to Anthropologie in San Francisco online for the Customer Associate position. Additionally, I was referred by the Executive Director of North America Anthropologie Stores, which I made sure to include in my application. 4 to 5 days went by and I still hadn't been contacted by anybody so I decided to go in store myself and ask the status of my application. Next day, I get a call from management to set up an interview. That weekend, an in-person one on one interview took place.

The person who interviewed me showed up about 10 minutes late. Her character was very personable, charismatic, relatable and just overall good-natured. The interview itself was very casual and easy-going. Felt like I was talking to a friend if anything. The interview only lasted about 15-20 minutes. She asked me about 4 or 5 questions, all of which were improptu questions. She just formulated them from the top of her head as we went. Furthermore, we discussed the duties of the floor, availability, preffered weekly hours, questions regarding flexability, etc.

Near the end of the interview, she had initially told me that management would most likely contact me for a second interview. I asked her if it was possible we could schedule the second interview before that Thursday because that Thursday I had a different interview scheduled with Anthropologie in Corte Madera. She told me to wait there while she went to the back to contact and discuss with management. About 5 minutes later, she returned back to our interview spot and offered me the position on the spot. I accepted it.

Advice: Just study Anthropologie's mission statement, company goals and know the target market. If you have all this down, I think you'll have a good chance of getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Anthropologie?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie in February 2020.

Interview

Group interview. Took 3 weeks to get an interview set up. There were about 10 girls and two managers. Two part interview, they sent half the girls home after the first part and then continued with the last of the girls