Associa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

General Ledger Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associa (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The process was quick. I applied online and someone email me the time for phone screen. They asked you the questions relating to past experience, accounting knowledge, and what goes to debit and credit side. Then I was invited to a in person interview with three different mangers. The first two manger about 30 mins each and the last one is controller which is about 10-15 mins. I answered all their questions and I thought I did pretty good since this is the longest interview I been to.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and skills, behavioral question, accounting theory, and what is accural?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Associa (Honolulu, HI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and at the end both parties came to an agreement and were pleased. I did not however receive every thing agreed in writing. I am still awaiting confirmation. Please assist in obtaining this in writing. That would be greatly apprecicate:)

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about the particular tasks/duties that was explained I will be given.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associa (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with a manager and supervisor of AP. Surprisingly, they asked the usual repetitive "Tell me about a time" questions. A lot of the questions seemed to be the same question just with a slight twist of words. I am use to going into an interview and they ask about my skills and if I am familiar with whatever type of work the position is for. I haven't had this type of interview since I've applied to Customer Service role YEARS ago.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weaknesses? and What is your ideal manager?   Answer Question

I declined because pay at this company, is low. Even for the Accountants. The entire building looks like a Call Center with an open floor plan. The desk are more like tables with a short wall, not actual cubes or offices. Just not what I'm use to. Seems like the turnover rate is pretty high and im sure pay is the main issue.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associa (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was not intimidating, but was very thorough in that I interviewed multiple times, with multiple different parties within the organization. I felt that the process was well thought out and organized. They made me feel welcome and comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years.   1 Answer

Associate Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associa (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day to schedule an onsite interview.
     I interviewed with four members of senior management (two in person and two by Skype). There were a lot of questions but I felt comfortable with them. I received a call the next day for a second interview, and met with the same members of senior management but this time discussed more specifics such as what I was looking for and what they were looking for. I received a call the next day and received paperwork to complete the drug test and background check which took about two weeks. Once approved, I started immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is something you learned and improved on over the past ten years?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Associa (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for in person with associa I attended the interview. everything looked good but never heard back from them. they posted the vacancy again. I dont know why i was not selected.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Associa (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume through and about a week later I received call back to come in to interview with the vice president. We the discussed my previous experience, strengths, and what I feel I could bring to the company. It was drawn out, but long enough to make an impression.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience did I have to bring to the job?   1 Answer

Settlements Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associa (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I received an email to request for a phone screen. The recruiter emailed me back to schedule a time and day. Then on the day of the phone interview she contacted me and we spoke for about 30-45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position? What did you like about your past positions and what did you dislike about them? Where do you see your career in 5 years?   Answer Question

General Ledger I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associa (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very scary. That was the worst interview of my life. I was interviewed by 3 different people the same day and at some point, I had brain freeze and was about to walk out the building. But I thought to myself since I was already there I might as well get it completed. Three different managers one after the other, was a really terrible nightmare for me. The day was one of the worse days I had that week.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of accrual accounting, what do accountants do.   1 Answer

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associa (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had a phone interview first, the a face to face interview with HR, and finally, a face to face with the location I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• The questions that stood out the most were the, "how do you handle customer complaints?" that question came up a lot in different ways. "What would you do if a customer is being defiant about a problem?" and so on. These come up because not to many people call in but when they do, they are usually upset about a HOA rule or something along those lines.   1 Answer