Avery Dennison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Oxford, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, I interviewed with who would end up being my manager. Very conversational, I did a lot of talking. They were very interested in whether I would be a good fit for the culture more than the technical experience I had in Finance at the time (as I didn't have any). Lots of behavioral based questions but nothing too tricky or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Oracle Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in September 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted two and a half hours. Overwhelmed me and made me realize that it's not worth moving forward with. They scare you away by telling you how horrible it is.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in groups? And about 100 other questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Google hangout with three persons. The interviewers were pretty laid back. Described about the company first, and then started the interview questions with a brief introduction about yourself. Not too much technical. Great experience.

CPD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Over the phone casual interview describing your skill set and going over the job more in depth. I talked with a HR rep and the hiring manager. They both told me the interview went well and they wanted to bring me in to meet other team members THEN over a week of radio silence. They provided zero follow up, I called, emailed, and nothing. Then after 2 weeks received the automated email that I would not be proceeding to additional interviews. This is fine but if you're in HR and scared to give people news that they will not be going forward, please get a new job. Its completely unprofessional to treat anyone that way.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe my skill set.   1 Answer

Bid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted right away for a phone interview with HR. Had another phone interview the next day with Hiring Manager. About a week later, had 3 consecutive phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews (all on same day = 5 hours)

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Lengthy, phone call interview plus two face to face interviews and interview with HR over the phone. Lengthy personality test including a drug test and much paperwork. Interviews were held in rather causal manner.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my strengths and weakness, how to solve difficult and complex problems and how I deal with constant change   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

I started the process off by going to career fair at my university where I met a few employees and briefly talked to them as well as giving them my resume. Next they informed me of an interview that included a phone interview with 2 employees that covered basic academic and other questions. The interviewers were very nice and asked straightforward questions.

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in April 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone screen with the internal recruiter. She was very quick on communication throughout the process. Next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Next step was a nice email saying they weren't moving on with me. Compared to most companies, AD did a nice job of communicating in a timely manner. Wish it would have worked out differently but positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you use layered process audits in your facility?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in March 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with HR person that went very well, was told to keep an eye out for a feedback. Never received feedback, upon reaching out was told that alternate candidates were being pursued.

Lean Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two recruiters at two different points in time reach out to me regarding a Regional Lean Champion role that AD had open. They saw my profile on LinkedIn and saw that my background is actually a near perfect fit for the role. I had a phone discussion with the first recruiter and, after a brief discussion on my background, she felt I was a good fit and was going to recommend me to the hiring manager. That was the last I hear from her and repeated messages to get status went unanswered. Then about one month later, I was contacted again for the same role, but by a different recruiter. I told the second recruiter about my experience with the first recruiter and that I was still interested in the opportunity. Once again, silence. I've never worked there and have had no dealings with them in the past in any way, shape, or form., and I don't know anyone that works there. So as far as I know, they do not know me. I don't understand why I would be contacted twice about the same role, only to be thrown in the trash with the other loser candidates, except one likely reason...........age! So for those of you over 45, don't bother applying at Avery Dennison.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and current role responsibilities.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in March 2017.

Interview

Even though I didn't get an offer, I had a very positive experience with Avery Dennison. I met a Director at my campus career fair and discussed my career goals and past internships; from what he was saying they were looking for, I was convinced I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for this particular program. However, a week or so later I was contacted for a phone interview and afterward asked to attend a 3 day interview event in Cleveland. I was also asked to speak to another Director who oversaw the divison I would eventually want to get into (one that wasn't directly related to the LDP-Ops program.

Once in Cleveland, we had a small meet and greet with other candidtes, and got to learn more about the program. The next day we toured some facilities and worked on a case-study with about 5 other candidates (during which you were observed), then ended the day with a larger mixer that included all the interviewers. The third day we presented our case study, participated in some group activities and had a series of 3 interviews.

My advice would be to show your personality, attempt to be a leader in all group activities without being overbearing or bossy, show off your listening skills during the case study and ALWAYS focus on showing you can be a member of a team. Also try to talk to as many of the assessors as possible--I focused on the assessors that had positions related to what I wanted to do, but all of them are assessing everyone at the very end so even if you have a strong interview, other people have to want you as well. Also know that they bring in A LOT of candidates and a very small percentage actually get chosen.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Avery?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time everything went wrong and you had to fix it.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about [specific job title]? (For me it was Process Safety Management Engineering)   Answer Question