Avery Dennison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Oxford, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, I interviewed with who would end up being my manager. Very conversational, I did a lot of talking. They were very interested in whether I would be a good fit for the culture more than the technical experience I had in Finance at the time (as I didn't have any). Lots of behavioral based questions but nothing too tricky or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in October 2014.

Interview

On-campus recruitment. Apply for the position through university website and company website first, and then talk to employer at career fair. I got their interview invitation very soon, about 1 or 2 days. The first round interview lasted for about half hour. It was an HR interview. All the questions were behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, innovation, and soft skills such as communication.

Interview Questions

• Leadership Questions and extracurricular activities like how to deal with the tough clients.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Met at career fair at school. Had a preliminary interview at school the following day that consisted of mostly behavioral-based questions. Was asked back to the 3 day assessment follow up interview. The assessment felt more like a retreat, and I really enjoyed my time there. It consisted of a group project which was later presented in front of members of the company. There later were 3 interviews in a row. It's easy to get worked up about the whole process, but AD did a great job of connecting you with others going through the process. You're there with over 50 other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters at a campus fair, was called for a 30 minutes behavioral interview the very next day. I got a call after that and got invited to a 2 days assessment center interviews. During the two days, there are senior personnel's constantly taking notes about your performance, to get a 360 degree perspective. But the sad art is, after getting a reject, the recruiter politely refused to give any feedback. For an organization that talks about personal development, this attitude was totally unacceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Evanston, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus as the R&D manager hiring for the position was visiting and had a couple slots open. It was a little impromptu. Overall it was an easygoing interview with mostly background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project (I have quite a few of them listed on my resume)   Answer Question
    • What is your takeaway from this project/experience?   Answer Question
    • I am an MS graduate. They asked if I was considering doing a Ph.D.; if yes, when and if no, why not.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

It was three days total, with two interviews and one case study. In between they took us to visit different plants and explain the work and what would we be working on. Everyone was super nice. People from high up were there as well asking questions which was nice because we had a chance to meet them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something you made/designed to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in November 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews all in one day, some technical questions. I contacted them through a recruiter who setup the whole interview and was very helpful. It was over 4 hours but not too bad overall I felt.

Interview Questions

• Standard OOP and Database questions   1 Answer

Multiple Interview

Interview

Very organized, didn't have to meet too many interviewers. Very open about challenges and opportunities about the position. Great group of people.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question, but one of the interviewers was hard to read in terms of their reaction to answers given (couldn't tell if they liked or disliked, or if further info was needed).   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved a series of steps. There was a phone screen with a company, talent acquisition specialist. There was a phone screen with a the hiring manager. Then I was selected for a site interview, which consisted of various meetings with the hiring manager and peer groups, along with a site tour. After this was done, then I was invited back for a corporate interview with Leadership Team members.

Interview Questions

• Describe overall background. There were specific behavioral based interview questions based on technical, leadership, and team abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some vacation and slight increase on base.

Oracle Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in September 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted two and a half hours. Overwhelmed me and made me realize that it's not worth moving forward with. They scare you away by telling you how horrible it is.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in groups? And about 100 other questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Oxford, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at career fair and was given an on campus interview. I entire interview process was mostly structured and behavioral. I thought I did well and went in asking various questions about the job and mentioned stuff about their stock movements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and there was a conflict?   Answer Question