Avery Dennison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Operations Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Oxford, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, I interviewed with who would end up being my manager. Very conversational, I did a lot of talking. They were very interested in whether I would be a good fit for the culture more than the technical experience I had in Finance at the time (as I didn't have any). Lots of behavioral based questions but nothing too tricky or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH).

Interview

Three round interview process over the course of one week. First round was with a recruiter, the second round was with a hiring manager, the third round was with the marketing director. Decided to take the offer

Interview Questions

• When was the last time someone asked you to be innovative and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

HR got my information from Linkedin, and contacted my with email. I was first phone-interviewed by HR. A week later, phone-interviewed by the hiring manager, and a potential colleague. The interview process went well, although for some reason it did not resulted a job.

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH).

Interview

This is a horrible interview process and you need to stay away. First interview was on campus, not a problem. Second interview I was brought on scene for 2.5 days for final interviews. Positives were the networking and plant tours. Negatives, where do I begin? 3 HOUR group case study cross-functional discussion under the microscope of higher management, following with a 15 minute presentation the next day. No finite roles and objectives. This was just a group of people trying to out-shine one another shouting ideas hoping to catch a higher-ups eye. Three one-on-one interviews and when you think this exhausting process is done, it is time for team building. If you enjoy being blindfolded with pointless team building objectives that deem no relevance to the position, you are in luck. I honestly felt like I was on recess for these two hours. Enjoy the rope, shapes and micro-managing. Also, the talent pool was way too large for the limited amount of positions available. For instance, I was among 25 candidates and they were taking less than 5. There are way better jobs and companies out there people. I was shocked I didnt get an offer, and was so upset I wasted my time because I considered this company among my lower interests originally. Luckily my dream company came knocking a month later. This isnt Google, you make adhesives. What a waste of company resources. If you originally have doubt that this company is beneath you, stick with your gut and don't waste your time. PS, I heard they pay all majors equally among their LDP program. I imagine that frustrates employees who graduated with an average major salary much higher than a low one.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters at a campus fair, was called for a 30 minutes behavioral interview the very next day. I got a call after that and got invited to a 2 days assessment center interviews. During the two days, there are senior personnel's constantly taking notes about your performance, to get a 360 degree perspective. But the sad art is, after getting a reject, the recruiter politely refused to give any feedback. For an organization that talks about personal development, this attitude was totally unacceptable.

Interview Questions

Interview

Behavioral interview first. Then if you are selected, you move on to the Assessment Center which is a couple days of group activities designed to test how you interact in teams and your leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time when you were on a team with difficult individuals and how did you react?   2 Answers

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple Phone interviews followed by in-person interviews and then referrals and more phone discussions. I was impressed with the people/future-team on quality of their questions but I believe the process can be improved.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

It was short behavioral interview. They asked common questions like where I see myself in 5 years or what I would do in situations, and what have I done in so-so situations.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Evanston, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus as the R&D manager hiring for the position was visiting and had a couple slots open. It was a little impromptu. Overall it was an easygoing interview with mostly background and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project (I have quite a few of them listed on my resume)   Answer Question
    • What is your takeaway from this project/experience?   Answer Question
    • I am an MS graduate. They asked if I was considering doing a Ph.D.; if yes, when and if no, why not.   Answer Question

CPD Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Fast interview process. The management team was very focused on how they can offer a position where people would be motivated to go to work every day. They like passionate people. There was a total of 7 interviews for this position. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions and really understand the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Oracle Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in September 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted two and a half hours. Overwhelmed me and made me realize that it's not worth moving forward with. They scare you away by telling you how horrible it is.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in groups? And about 100 other questions   Answer Question