Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, first interview was a couple months later. Interview process took about 5 months - 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Most of the phone questions were behavioral type questions to understand how you would fit in that role. Not too many technical questions. Final on site interview was more of you meeting the team to see if there was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a scenario where you had to make a tough decision   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple and easy interview. No surprises. If you have answers prepared for the top 15 or so interview questions you would be well prepared. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, haven't heard back from them yet even though it was several weeks ago. One complaint would be that the job description online was not accurate compared to how the described the job in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • How do you typically plan your day when you have many tasks?   2 Answers
    • What traits do you like to see in a manager?   1 Answer
    • What is your preferred management style?   1 Answer

Pipe Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bechtel (Leesburg, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

begins with phone interview and then a welding test.that was really about it just like any other company when you are hiring in as a welder the welding test and the drug test are the only things that really matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation the pay is what it is.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed twice, once by a Piping Project Engineer and once by a Electrical Project Engineer. Before then I had 3 phone interviews before I was introduced to a one on one interview with the Project Engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work and how I worked with my peers alone as well as within a group. Would I be willing to move to different projects.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months to complete. 1 interview over the phone. The interview was short and sweet to the point. The manager described the position and the expectations. Whole interview lasted about 30 minutes. The process of getting hired took much longer.

Interview Questions

• ASked about questions regarding background and previous jobs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Phone interview only for an entry level position. Pretty standard questions, nothing technical. I never had to interview in person before starting the job. As it was entry level there wasn't much else to speak to other than my internship experiences and involvements in college.

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

3 different phone conversations while still in my last semester of college. Very cordial, no "gotcha" questions. Mainly a review of construction field experience and what you did. No questions about college courses or GPA. Also asked if you were willing to move for your role either immediately or in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the field and what you learned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a decent starting wage, but try pushing for more if you want. They would be open to hearing suggestions and working with a potential hire.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the lead engineer on campus. He invited me for an interview the next day. The HR were nice, the engineer was nice as well. The interview was " situational" or behavioral . And I believe I didn't do very well.

Interview Questions

• Define ethics?
      Describe a situation where you had to use ethical principals in
      Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Got a call from the HR to schedule a phone interview. The first interview was with the HR and lasted for about 20 min. She later scheduled another phone interview with an engineering manager. This interview lasted for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. No technical questions were asked. They mainly just discussed my resume and what I had done before and explained the details regarding the position they were looking to hire for. It was a pretty straightforward interview.

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bechtel (Reston, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, then had telephone interview, which is followed by an in-person one-on-one. The company is growing and offering good opportunities for professional growth. Benefits are exceptional (20 days PTO), however Bechtel requires new hires to be contractors first so the benefits (401k, PTO, Insurance, etc) are delayed for 1 year. Salary offer was adequate but not competitive.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to ensure position would be a good fit for both parties.   Answer Question