Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018

2.7

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Greensburg, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

When I was initially contacted to set up a phone screening, the job recruiter missed three phone call appointments with me before it was actually completed. Then, once I was asked to meet for a face to face interview, I was told they would let me know either way (whether I got the job or not) and I never heard back from then. Poor professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your job experience and schooling can help contribute to our company?   Answer Question

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Augusta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional process. The interviewer was interested in finding out who I really was as a person beyond my professional skills and accomplishments. Gave me plenty of opportunities to show that I share the same values as the company.

Interview Questions

• Currently you and your family live out of state, how is that going to work for you?   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 managers and myself in a conference room. It was extremely intimidating and the questions were quite difficult. They want to confirm you did your research to ensure you're a good fit for the company.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel (Pueblo, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone call set up with date and time to speak with the manager and assistant manager, to reach out and get to know my level of knowledge and experience. They asked me situational questions and what commitment I would have to the position. Position could be as long as 5 years and I would be required to relocate to the area for the position.

Interview Questions

• experience, implementation of ideas, handling difficult situations, working as a team.   1 Answer
    • they asked me how I handled a difficult situation with a co-worker of contractor.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an interview. I had a phone interview with my future boss and another engineer. The interview was more or less them getting to know me and was a fairly easy/comfortable process. I received a job offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked some fundamental questions (such as how to you design a pump), it was all fairly simple.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

Used Bechtel on line application process. Sent many applications to the only positions opened. Continually checked for updates on new posting. Many positons were either below my salary grade or in locations that were not desirable. Some jobs were already filled and others I was told weeks later that the job have been filled. Follow up is not one of the employers strong points

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure. I was automatically hired on and won't happen with other hiring processes. With this collaboration I am not able to give more detailed information for it.

Interview Questions

• Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure, I was automatically hired on   Answer Question

Construction Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like the interview went well, but no offer. The interview was for a summer internship with Bechtel. Questions were pretty straight forward. Designed to identify personality traits, either strengths or weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame the moment   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very vague description in the process.not much skills were seen with employees and the applicant. Had to go through serious rounds but no proved to be useful because lack of communication

Interview Questions

• How do u fit into a workplace society   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, first interview was a couple months later. Interview process took about 5 months - 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview. Most of the phone questions were behavioral type questions to understand how you would fit in that role. Not too many technical questions. Final on site interview was more of you meeting the team to see if there was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a scenario where you had to make a tough decision   1 Answer