Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bechtel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

Used Bechtel on line application process. Sent many applications to the only positions opened. Continually checked for updates on new posting. Many positons were either below my salary grade or in locations that were not desirable. Some jobs were already filled and others I was told weeks later that the job have been filled. Follow up is not one of the employers strong points

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Phone interview only for an entry level position. Pretty standard questions, nothing technical. I never had to interview in person before starting the job. As it was entry level there wasn't much else to speak to other than my internship experiences and involvements in college.

Construction Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like the interview went well, but no offer. The interview was for a summer internship with Bechtel. Questions were pretty straight forward. Designed to identify personality traits, either strengths or weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame the moment   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Greensburg, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

When I was initially contacted to set up a phone screening, the job recruiter missed three phone call appointments with me before it was actually completed. Then, once I was asked to meet for a face to face interview, I was told they would let me know either way (whether I got the job or not) and I never heard back from then. Poor professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your job experience and schooling can help contribute to our company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel in May 2012.

Interview

Started with phone interview and was brought into the corporate office for a second interview. The interview at the office lasted 3 hours and I met with 3 people and a recent new hire. When at the office and meeting with the different people they were all 1 on 1 interview style.

Pipe Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bechtel (Leesburg, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

begins with phone interview and then a welding test.that was really about it just like any other company when you are hiring in as a welder the welding test and the drug test are the only things that really matter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation the pay is what it is.

Journeyman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview consisted of a call from a recruiter with information on when and where to continue with hiring process. Hiring process consisted of filling out forms and documents consistent with hiring procedures. Then required to attend orientation at the project site.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure. I was automatically hired on and won't happen with other hiring processes. With this collaboration I am not able to give more detailed information for it.

Interview Questions

• Was a complicated process between the joint venture departure, I was automatically hired on   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bechtel (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a connection from my family who knew the Project Manager at Bechtel. I maintained contact for the remaining 5 months with the HR Manager. I sent the HR Manager the required documents, my Resume as well as awards received, such as the Dean Scholar Award and any Engineering Societies I was in, such as Tau Beta Pi.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview because of the connection with the Project Manager   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel in May 2016.

Interview

Phone and video conference. I was asked if I would accept an internship in another division, which I did. Great experience, great people and fabulous company. Highly recommend this experience.