Cover image for Blue Shield Of California

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 231 of over 231 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Zoom meeting with manager and CM lead. Mostly all situational questions with your real life examples. They also ask if you have any questions for them. They ask about your experience and why you are interested in this job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Chula Vista, CA) in Jan 2023

Interview

Quick and easy none the less I would have liked it to be more detailed but hey they asked 10 questions some were yes or no answers others were tell me a time when

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Blue Shield Of California

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Blue Shield Of California? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Blue Shield Of California employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Review the sales guide PDF they send you, be clear in your answers and don't worry if you don't know all the questions. Don't worry if you stumble on anything

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2022

Interview

Zoom focused and behavioral questions. Panel discussion. Was presented as a finalist and was told "not to fret - and would hear back" by a specific date for next steps. The date came and went. I tried twice to contact the hiring manager over two weeks. No response. I found the posting deactivated and checked in with the recruiter to find the position had been filled. Many apologies and excuses given. No regard for the applicant.

Interview Questions
  • Typical scenario interview. How would you? What would you? All based on their competency model.

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Great experience. Interviewer was very clear and candid about expectations and responsibilities of the role, and was also willing to share the prior manager's growth path, successes and challenges while in the same role. Office location and role's in-office preference made it not a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter followed by 30 min and 45 min interviews with HR team. Behavioral interview questions - overall good questions but no conversational discussions. Was assured I was doing well - 6 interview rounds and 4 weeks later: nothing. Sent email's to the recruiter and hiring manager and no replies. 100% ghosting. There's a reason the jobs are posted for an unusually long time - immature HR and T/A team communication process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Lengthy, general questions family status.Asked about availability and commitment towards the company. Salary offered was average. Got offered a private health insurance plan. Rotations were on a 6 on and off basis.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2022

Interview

Interviewers treated me somewhat respectfully but I never heard back from them despite them saying I did great with the interview and despite my follow-up email to the hiring manager. They seem to not have a recruiter as the hiring manager got back to me for my application. Huge disappointment.

Interview Questions
  • About my current role, how to secure systems, threat modeling.

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in Aug 2022

Interview

fairly standard process. but a little slow. had a total of four interviews including the initial phone screen with the recruiter across almost two months. all interviews were virtual. met the hiring manager and up to the VP then completely ghosted. never received a follow up even after reaching out. even an automated system email would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • questions were specific around merger and acquisition experience.

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

I was interviewed by hiring manager at first. When the manager was satisfied with my candidacy I was interviewed twice by the team. They were concerned that I was overqualified for the position, but nevertheless, they extended the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to get a position you're overqualified for?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 231 Interviews

Blue Shield Of California Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Blue Shield Of California as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.83 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Senior Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Manager and Customer Service Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Blue Shield Of California takes an average of 37 days when considering 252 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Business Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Program Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 75 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Blue Shield Of California according to 252 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.76%