Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 181 of over 181 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in Nov 2020

Interview

Contacted within 24 hrs of application submission, recruiter facilitated the process and keep me informed of interviews and timelines for updates. Interviewed with 2 clinical personnel and the hiring manager, all were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with mandates implementation, specifically related to mental health parity laws.
    Answer Question

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Panel interview over a virtual platform with 3-4 other people. The interview is both clinical and behavioral. Human Resources is quick to reply and very helpful with explaining to you what to expect.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

First I exchanged emails with the recruiter, then spoke to the recruiter on the phone. The next step was to meet two managers on the first floor of the building.in the department. Then I met with the VP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

Standard phone screen, then hiring manager interview. very professional and welcoming. Hiring manager interview was via video. Team was dedicated to their field and customers. Role heave on operations side. Panel was with a hiring manager and a direct report .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

The process was long. The first round was back in Oct and they didn't get back to me for 2nd round till 3 months later and said that they will be scheduling 2nd round soon. After not hearing from them for months, I reached out again only to find out that they no longer have the program.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Riverside, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interviewer was very easy going. Asked very basic and general questions such as "Why do you fit in this role". Was not an actual member of the company who did my first interview. Was third party hiring organization im guessing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in Jan 2021

Interview

The job application process is seamless. The company reached out quickly after I applied. The interview process is streamlined and includes - phone conversations with the recruiter, hiring manager, and behavioral interview with team members from various departments. The team provides feedback immediately. The interviewers are extremely professional during the process.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Describe your experience working in a challenging situation? 2) How would you learn something new? 3) How would you work in a regulated environment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Oakland, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

After interviewing for 6 rounds and waiting for almost one and half months, I got a rejection with the reason that I do not have sufficient experience in Healthcare and that I need to improve more on my analytical skills... 6 rounds in total 1- With Hiring Manager 2- With 3 Team Members 3- With Senior Director 4- With Again Hiring Manager 5- With Manager from Another Team 6- With Team Lead

Interview Questions
  • Interview 1 (Telephone)- With Senior Manager Actuary Explained the role and responsibilities Can you go through your resume? Then the interviewer asked to explain each experience. Then asked, do have any questions for me Interview 2 (Video) Panel Interview – With 2 Associate Data Analysts and 1 Senior Data Analyst Tell me about yourself How have you worked in a cross-functional team, how you conveyed the technical result/part to non-technical people? Give an example. You have mentioned tableau in your resume, how was your experience with tableau? Can you please explain why do you want to work in healthcare? Can you explain why this position? What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness? Do you have any questions for us? What are your hobbies? Interview 3 (Video)– With Senior Directory Actuary Explained about the company, how it works, business case Tell me about yourself and how you relate your background, experience with this position? Which geographical locations your previous workplaces were? I see that you have knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Mining. I know you are not aware of the model that we are having/working on. I want to know how much time you might require to fully understand the model and become an expert on that, I mean how confidant are you on that? Tell me are you confident that you can do it? Then tell me why you are confident, give me an example? Interview 4: With Senior Manager Actuary Technical Interview(Video) Task 1- Asked to write a SQL query on their internal data set. Query involved aggregation - sum and writing cases in select. Task 2- Showed a VBA script and asked to explain it. Interview 5 (Video)- With Manager from another team. Asked to tell about myself Asked to rate my skills - SQL & Python Asked whether I was having any questions about the role, process, or anything. Interview 6 (Video)- WIth the Team Lead. Asked to tell about myself Technical Task 1- SQL query to get people from all the departments with top 3 salaries. Technical Task 2 - How to get a large amount of data from excel to SQL server. Explained about the role and requirements.
1 person found this interview helpful

Blue Shield Of California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California

Interview

I applied online via a LinkedIn job notification. Received communication from the recruiter within a few short days. Initial interview the next week. The second interview, the following week. Waiting to hear back if I made it to the final rounds. I appreciate the timeliness and expediency of this process. Very pleasant experience compared to some other companies I've interviewed for over the last year. I don't know if it due to the pandemic or not, but I like the virtual process versus in -person. The time saved for an interviewee with travel and etc. is a welcomed experience, that they should consider keeping! For example, if you happen to be fortunate to be interviewing with multiple companies or have other time constraints to work around, being able to save that travel time is a huge plus! They also did a great job providing interview preparation offering STAR format guidelines beforehand. This was the first company, I've seen do that. Everyone has been friendly, helpful, and communicative throughout the process. Which really helps ease some of the natural anxiety that comes with this entire interview process. Kudos to my recruiter, Dan C. and his team! Still not done with the process, but I was so impressed, I wanted to write a review!

Interview Questions
  • Which of the Blue Shield Company Values do you resonate with most and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

A recruiter called me and left me a voicemail informing me that she would call me the next day for a phone screen, despite me not having told her or anyone else at any point that I was available at that time. I thought that odd and bit unprofessional. She said I could text her if that time did not work, which I did, and we scheduled for a time when I was actually available. Following this, she advanced me to the next step of the process - interviews with the hiring manager and another team member. I heard nothing following these interviews. I followed up with the recruiter after a week and have heard nothing since. It's been more than three months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 181 Interviews