Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. 1-hour phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview with a group. The recruiting team is very good, professional, and responds quickly. The overall process was well coordinated from beginning to end. They came off as a professional organization during the process.

Interview Questions

• Culture fit questions, questions to see if you can handle their environment, examples of my past experience that qualifies me for job   1 Answer

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, then half day in person interview with manager, director and product management manager. They were very eager to get started, so under pressure from the hiring manager (who turned out to have no idea how much effort is required for decent quality design) I only took a four-day weekend between jobs. This is a mistake I will never make again, as it did not allow me to rest and regroup after a hard period of closing up the work on my previous job.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with strong product managers with whom you disagree? (This is not unexpected, but turned out to be the defining challenge of the whole experience)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus since I was losing my bonus at the previous company.

Lead IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviewers. They presented an overview of the job position and the key areas it would involve. They presented their current problems and asked how I would solve them. I took each key area and asked each interviewer what their pain point was in that area. I then directed my answer for solving their current problem by showing how I would resolve their pain point. For instance, a key area was standardization and their pain points were every team submitting status in a different format, and team leads continuously pushing out timelines. I recommended enforcing a single status format that was exec approved to ensure the execs were getting the right data they needed for decisions. I also recommended a weekly status meeting where team leads needed to personally account for their timelines as compared to their previous week's progress. Changes in timelines would not occur without driver approval, so all delays would need to be investigated, alternate solutions proposed to get back on track, and then bring this information to the project driver and/or owner for their participation and approvals, if needed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation where you failed and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Lodi, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy applied online got phone interview in person scheduled for interview within a week, met with 2 supervisors who asked all STAR questions, took a small test at the end. wasn't hard basic type math.

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview quick informal to the point. Questions were relevant. Communications with BSC manager & contracted company for 6mos job as speedy & helpful. Up to date with hiring process & registration.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done this job? What makes you think you can do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty simple. The Senior Manager/also the hiring manager called me, offered me the job, told me about the salary (very good pay) and, was more than happy to have me start ASAP.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the manager , she explained what their team aiming for in candidate. Went for on site interview. It is a very pleasant interview every individual in their team asked questions to check how I could contribute to them individually and to the team.
    1)Responsive header and footer fields.
    2) body field to access another site which is responsive .
    3)on click of button another body field to be toggled between two images.
    Felt the interview was easy. But did not get selected.

Interview Questions

• Gave me 30 mins time with laptop along with wifi access . asked me to launch a page with given requirement.
      1)Responsive header and footer fields.
      2) body field to access another site which is responsive .
      3)on click of button another body field to be toggled between two images.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was definitely one of the less professional interview process I've experienced. The day of the interview went fine, and the interviewers were polite and cordial. What happened afterwards was how it all went down.

A couple hours after I finished my interview on a Friday, the HR recruiter reached out to me by email asking to connect on Monday to "further discuss" was how he phrased it. To which later I found out what he meant was, nothing to discuss further on his end but only to bait on salary expectations from me. The manager and the HR recruiter had not discuss any decisions to which he told me he will reach out to the hiring manager and will get in touch with me the next day.

One week later, I did not hear back from him and the thank you cards for all the interviewers were mailed and have arrived by then. I sent him a friendly email for a follow up and to which he replied back letting me know that he was still unable to connect with the hiring manager but he told me he should have an update from her by the end of the week and will ensure to reach out to me with updates. And he added, "I can say that the initial feedback has been positive, so stay tuned :)"

Another week passed, still no word. I followed up again. By this time, it's been 2 weeks since my interview, which is not that long as I know these things take time. I only reached him back since he did mention to have feedback by the following week and no mentioned at all that they were still in the interviewing process. A couple days later, still no response from the HR recruiter. I then reached out to the hiring manager, who interviewed me on the phone & in person. A couple days later she replied back and told me that they have not reached a final decision as they are still interviewing others. She said to expect to hear back in two weeks.

First all of, please let us know if you're still interviewing others. Secondly, don't reach out to us to "further discuss" when there was nothing to discuss! And thirdly, don't say to get back to us at a certain time and left us hanging dry. The whole process was unprofessional and disrespectful. I can understand if they need time, all you need to do is let me know upfront that they are still interviewing others and won't have a final decision until a month later.

On top of all that, when I finally heard back from the hiring manager over a month later, there was no acknowledgement of the wait, not even so much of a thank you for being patient,much less an apology for misleading and being left dry again and again (not to mention, setting my hopes high but only to crush it).

It's not hard to ponder what this company is all about and what the culture is.

Interview Questions

Blue Shield Of California Response

May 8, 2017 – Strategic Recruiting Program Manager

Thanks for your review. Although we strive to provide a great experience for candidates, it looks like we didn’t offer that to you. Please know that we’ve forwarded your feedback to the Director of... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Full day 2 in 1 interviews. There was no lunch and it started in the afternoon. There were about 10 interviewers total. I phone interviewed two people before the full day interview.

Interview Questions

• Suppose there's a book on how to work with you. What would be in it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Basic questions...needed to provide previous work samples for the internship.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with crisis communications in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I found the recruiter to be unresponsive and a poor communicator - did not give information in a timely manner. I didn't even hear back from the recruiter after they had decided on a candidate!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you successfully implemented energy efficiency measures. How did you measure your success?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with hiring manager where I was asked to provide samples/portfolio of my work. A writing assignment (create a blog, web page and FAQs to support a specific employee announcement - they provided sample scenario). Interviewed with HR representative over phone. I worked through a contracting agency initially but eventually was hired on permanent full time. That was also an easy straight forward process. Drug testing and actual hire date (about 2-3 weeks later) was the longest part of the process - which is to be expected.

Interview Questions

• For my portfolio of work and for the writing assignment. Then an interview / presentation of my assignment. I personally have used this technique to weed out experienced writers.   1 Answer