Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Medical Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process from recruiter phone screen to receiving an offer took about 7 - 9 weeks. I applied online and I was able to hear back from the recruiter within 3 weeks.

The initial phone interview was performed by the recruiter. He asked the general questions such as why are you in the market, what is your background and clarifications of my resume etc.
    Second interview was the phone screen by the hiring manager. Just like the initial recruiter phone screen, the process took about 30 minutes.
    Third interview was on-site. I had 5 rounds of interview (not just people from the hiring team). Since the position I applied for is an intermediate position, interviewers asked around my interest on this job, my past experiences, behavior questions etc.
    A week after the group panel interview I received my offer letter in writing (via email).

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a disagreement with your manager/colleague? If so, how did you approach and resolve the issue? If not, what would you do if you run into disagreements?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

they had python interview which is taken from skype. They asked me multiple questions on basic python programming. then later on they took interview towards SQL questions and then asked me to code.

Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in March 2020.

Interview

I applied for the job in Real Estate. They didn’t ask for additional information. They never asked for references. I hoped they would have contacted me before they sent a denial email.

Shield Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

1 hr of case interview, 1 hr of behavioral;
    case interview is group setting with about 10 other interviewees and 2 interviewers on an 18 page case study about ACOs. the behavioral interview was quite repetitive in terms of questions being asked and had two people interviewing you at the same time. there may also be long time gaps between your case interview and your behavioral.

Clinical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process took a total of 2 full months. Multiple phone interviews and in-person interviews. I am rating the process as difficult due to the multiple interviews you must get through. Everyone was friendly and clear throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of the questions were behavioral questions - 'what would you do in (specific examples) situation?
      - Other questions were personality based.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Oakland, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial HR phone screen call for about 30 minutes. Followed by phone interview with employee in similar role. Next step was on-site interview with several people in a panel interview. Last step was on-site with hiring manager to cover final details of role.

Interview Questions

• Describe projects you have managed. Interviewer gave scenarios and asked how I would handle each one. Describe your typical day as a project manager.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Oakland, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The overall process took 3 months. I was first contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn who set me up for 2 potential product roles. Interview was with 8 people in sets of 2 at the Oakland office. I was also assigned a case study a week after the interview to complete. Everyone was very professional and asked a mixture of behavior and previous experience questions. Best interview experience I’ve ever had thus far!

Talent Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

Phone interview, in person, case study. Offer stage, took about 2 weeks. The canidate experience was really good. Follow up was great and I got a good understanding of the role.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

Applying with BSC was a really horrible and strange experience. Long story short I was basically teased along for 6 months with phone interviews and numerous scheduled and then canceled in person interviews only to be left hanging with no follow up or closure.
    I applied to the position and heard back from the recruiter within two days. Had a phone screening the following week and then a phone interview with the hiring manager two weeks after that. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was notified the morning of the interview that it was cancelled because the hiring manager was out sick. The interview was rescheduled for the beginning of the following week.
    I was pulling into the parking lot of their office for the rescheduled interview and I was about 45 mins early. I received a call that the interview was cancelled again and this time the hiring manager was out on leave. I was advised by the recruiter that I would get a call when the hiring manager was back to reschedule the interview.
    I didn’t hear anything from anyone for 6 weeks despite sending a few follow up emails and calls. I had given up on the position when I received a text message on a Friday evening at 5:00PM from a different recruiter asking if I could interview over the phone with a different hiring manager in 30 mins. I interviewed with this other person and then didn’t hear anything again for two weeks. About three weeks later I was told they wanted to set up an in person interview with me with both of the hiring managers I had interviewed with. I scheduled the interview and then that interview was cancelled the night before it was scheduled to occur. I was told it would be rescheduled. I have not heard anything since. That was almost two months ago.

Interview Questions

Blue Shield Of California Response

Dec 2, 2019 – Employer Brand Team

Thank you for leaving your review. We value your input and are continuously working to improve our candidate experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and negative encounters. Based on the information provided, we believe we're familiar with the situation. Please expect to be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team or feel free to contact me directly - Marie.Romero@blueshieldca.com

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Oakland, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a 4-hour interview window with 4 panels of two people in different roles but working for the same organization. Each asked questions related to their areas of competency and all were relevant to the expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Other than the role you are applying for, what would be your dream job and why?   1 Answer

Generalist Talent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California in December 2019.

Interview

Received a phone call about the internship program after two months of applying online at their website. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions and no technical questions. Still have yet to hear back from them.