Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. 1-hour phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview with a group. The recruiting team is very good, professional, and responds quickly. The overall process was well coordinated from beginning to end. They came off as a professional organization during the process.

Interview Questions

• Culture fit questions, questions to see if you can handle their environment, examples of my past experience that qualifies me for job   1 Answer

Product Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

Overall: typical of large, slow, status quo-type company. Poor communications and no follow up. Employees with little to lose, regardless of when or if top talent comes on.

Received email from recruiter out of the blue. She was disorganized and slow in her responses even as she had reached out to me for an interview.
    After two interviews with leader of the product org and a sr mgr, I was invited to submit questions — none of which were ever replied to or acknowledged.
    I pulled out (as I had another job). If that was their “good behavior” during interview process, it’s better to see that as a candidate then as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough experience or decision you had with engineers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

Phone interview first. Group Case Study in person. Case given in advance. Read thoroughly, know it well. Case was interesting, Case interview was smooth. Two one on one interviews with Directors/Program managers in person. Overall process is smooth.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions, Tell me about a time, give an example of, Why blue shield, Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this program. Mostly generic, personality questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I went on 2 separate interviews first with the Executive and his current assistant and the second interview was with 2 different directors. The first interview went nicely. The second interview was poorly managed. It seemed the executives I met with didnt have time to interview me and rushed through the process running out the door at the end for their next meeting. I called a week later to inquire if they had made a decision and I was told they would be able to get back to me by the end of the week. I never received anything. Not an email, a phone call NOTHING. So unprofessional for such a large corporation. How they treat people and follow the letter of the law are important aspects to an organization. They didnt value my time or follow up with a reply of any kind, even after I called and spoke to the recruiter who knew I was waiting for a response. Speaks volumes of what kind or organization this is when they dont respect your time, they will be exploiting you. I would not apply to work for Blue Shield. They are a poorly managed organization.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you needed to defuse the situation   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview first. Then in person with supervisor on one day. Called for second interview with a 6 people on the team. Seemed a bit overkill given it’s an Admin Assistant position. But I did it and survived.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Woodland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First Step was an interview with recruiter then another interview with CM management and third is in person interview with 2 CM managers and 1 supervisor. The whole process took about 2 -3 weeks in total. On my last interview I got a call the following day offering me the job.

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

3 Interviews - 2 on telephone and 1 Panel interview in person. Two HR's facilitating this interview process have resigned. There was no communication after the interview. After multiple follow-ups, I heard from them that the requirement was closed.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize if you receive tasks from Project Managers, Directors and the likes   1 Answer

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Segundo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter in SF. Phone interview with hiring manager. Two in-person interviews. Process was simple and fast within a month. Wish there was feedback as to why not chosen. However, not expected.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you worked on? What did you like, what was challenging?   Answer Question
    • Describe a person that you admire, it can be family/friend or a celebrity.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized? Are you good at multitasking?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle getting a request from a peer that is nice to you vs. getting a request from someone that demands it? The request are due at 5pm on the same day.   Answer Question
    • What interest do you have in Sales? If there was an additional position available, which one would you take - 1) Sales Rep 2) Account Rep   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about working with other people in other departments?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Call screening from the recruiter
    2. Phone interview with the direct manager
    3. Panel interview with two managers and two current employees.

The managers were nice and welcoming. It was a mutual conversation that went very well.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience when you were wrong and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had an angry member on the phone?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when your team worked together on a project. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Tech Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an in-house recruiter. He asked what my salary requirements were then arranged a phone/WebEx interview with the department lead.

She asked the usual position-related questions and had me complete an editing test, which I aced. It was something a high school student could have easily done...

She stated that she would recommend me to her manager. A couple of weeks later I interviewed with him.

Immediately, red flags started popping up. He was 15 minutes late. He knew I had a disability that makes walking difficult (I divulged this to the lead) but that didn't stop him from conducting the interview in a building 200 yards from the visitors' reception.

It was extremely hot that day, so I was suffering when we got to the conference room where one other person was waiting. That person introduced himself then sat silently doodling in his notebook the entire interview.

The manager asked many inappropriate questions for an interview with a mid-career professional. Questions such as: Would you have trouble getting to work on time? We are eliminating the work from home benefit; would this be a problem for you? How would your high school English teacher describe you? Were you really self-employed?

A week after the interview I followed up with the recruiter who said no decision had been made.

Needless to say, based on this experience and other reviews on GlassDoor, I'm glad I never heard back. I'd avoid this place unless you truly have no other option.

Interview Questions

• Would you have trouble getting to work on time?   1 Answer
    • How would your high school English teacher describe you?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

A few phone calls, an in person interview, a few more phone calls and then hired. The whole process took several months and lot's of communications back and forth.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced at your last job?   Answer Question