Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

Client Staff Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I was contacted based on my online job profile and agreed to a phone interview. There were some scheduling conflicts but all seemed to go well once that was sorted. When I was invited to meet some of the team in person after the first round of interviews, everyone was nice but they seemed in a hurry or busy with something else. After asking more about the position and how long the hiring process would take, I got varied answers from each person.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I has two phone interviews. The first one was with an HR representative, very basic questions. Mostly focused on my experience, my resume, and where I see myself in the communications field. The second interview was with an executive director. The questions were similar to the first interview, although he seemed more focused on my future and where my career is going.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire interview process took about two weeks from the contacted date to the moment I received an offer. I had about four interviews in one day with junior and mid-level staffers. Then I had to take a writing test within a 2hrs and 30mins window. Lastly, I had an interview with a senior staffer. After the last interview, my application got sent to a review board for approval.

The interview process was smooth, and everyone was extremely friendly and to the point. The HR manager was also very helpful and transparent about the process and communications.

Burson-Marsteller clear interview process and communications made my interview experience very pleasant and played a role in my decision to accept their offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in March 2017.

Interview

Completed the extensive application and received an email requesting an interview. Candidates are given a limited timeframe to complete the first round interview. My interviewer seemed uninterested the entire time.

PR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Absolutely wonderful!

2 Interviews, 1 with HR and the other with the hiring manager.

I didn't receive an offer, but they handled the process professionally in the NY office. I will apply again for sure. It's a competitive pool. They had over thousands of applicants.

Interview Questions

• What is your PR internship agency experience?

Have you created press releases for clients before?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in February 2017.

Interview

Formal application, with two phone interviews. The first interview is with HR, which is more about getting to know you. Both interviews were casual and unintimidating. The second interview is with a Burson practitioner, can be anywhere in the US and any specialty.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in December 2016.

Interview

First, HR phone screening process.
    Second, in-person interview with direct report, team member, and colleague. Get to know the team more and your workload. Everyone is extremely nice.
    Third, two hour writing test.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by someone in HR. We talked on the phone and the interview went so well that she said she thought I was the perfect fit for the role and really wanted me to come in and meet the team for round 2. She said she'd like to talk to the "team" and get back to me within the week. I was extremely excited, but a week and a half passed by and I didn't hear back from her. I followed up with an email and she quickly let me know that their needs had shifted and wished me the best of luck. Super shady and wishy washy.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a junior HR person from another office, who said she was vetting me for technical acumen (which the job didn't require). Had a second phone call with the HR lead in charge of the process, who ate her lunch while on the phone with me, put me on hold while she dealt with email issues. She told me the hiring manager was kind of crazy, which made me chuckle. The hiring manager was a little kooky and abruptly ended the meeting when I asked if he had further questions for me. No follow-up, feedback, or acknowledgement of result on their end. Not surprising given the sloppiness of the above.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR. I completed a phone screen followed by two 1:1 interviews, all of which were late to start. I was told to await next steps and that the process would be long, due to holding company involvement. After several weeks of follow up, with rare replies in between, I accepted another offer.