Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR after applying for a different position and was told that I would still be considered for the position, but they created a new position they she believed I was a perfect fit. After our 40 minute phone conversation, the HR manager said it confirmed her thoughts that I would be a perfect fit and that she was passing my resume to those conducting the interview to set up a time to come into their DC office.

During the in-person interview, it was a two part interview. During the first part, I met directly with the managers the new hire would be working under. Following the interview, the managers said they were impressed with my resume and background. They also began informing me about the next step in the process and that I should expect an email shortly regarding the next step.

In the second phase, I met with the HR manager I spoke with on the phone to discuss the position further and inform me about the following process. During our conversation, she said I would hear from her in 4 days. Even after I asked if I should follow up with her if I don't hear, she said I wouldn't have to worry about that because I would DEFINITELY hear from her and would be part of the second phase of the hiring process.

After a couple days passed from her proposed follow up date, I sent a follow up email to the HR manager, which I received no reply. Understanding they may be busy, but wanted to hire an individual as soon as possible, I waited a few weeks before sending a second follow up email to both the HR manager and the two managers who conducted the first in person interview, which like the first email, I received no email informing me if they were behind in the process or moving on. I never sent a third email, but despite being told how much I fit the position and promised that I would hear from them, I have not received any contact regarding the position even though it has been a month since I interviewed.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The HR representative changed the time three times and then was late calling me for the interview. That turned me off of the company, but I still went through with the interview and scheduled a second phone interview.

That interview lasted all of ten minutes with the HR person trying to schedule time for an in-person interview towards the end. She said she would email within 48 hours with an official time. I emailed to follow up 48 hours later to find that they had gone with another candidate for the process. Even after trying to schedule me for an in-person.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company?   Answer Question
    • Please take me through your resume and how these experiences would make you a good employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by someone in HR. We talked on the phone and the interview went so well that she said she thought I was the perfect fit for the role and really wanted me to come in and meet the team for round 2. She said she'd like to talk to the "team" and get back to me within the week. I was extremely excited, but a week and a half passed by and I didn't hear back from her. I followed up with an email and she quickly let me know that their needs had shifted and wished me the best of luck. Super shady and wishy washy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

My only complaint with this experience was that it dragged out over a long period of time. I was first contacted by a recruiter from the agency in the late spring and didn't get invited for an interview until October. But everyone there was prompt with responding to my emails and phone calls. And even though I did not get the job, the hiring manager and recruiter provided detailed feedback and advice. I can count the number of times this has happened on one hand, and I wish more companies did this with people who interviewed with them. I have a lot of respect for the people at Burson-Marsteller because of this.

Interview Questions

• How would your background translate into the agency environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process dragged on quite a bit. First round was very touch -- mostly broad open ended questions. Second and third rounds were much more conversational, talking through my resume. Included one video conference interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted because I had applied for a job in August 2014. Initially, the HR team contacted me in early December 2014, and scheduled 4 interviews with members of the team. The HR rep told me that because of the holidays, we would have to pick up in the new year, but stopped responding to emails and returning my calls in January 2015. 5 months later, the HR rep contacted me again, saying that another position had opened up. I interviewed with two people, but wasn't too keen on the role and culture for personal reasons. I didn't follow up after the interview, and the HR rep didn't reach out either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a campaign that you ran that you're proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Expect the typical HR screener before they pass you on to the team. Conversations with the team were conducted in person and via phone, since B-M teams tend to collaborate virtually across the country. The writing test is thorough but nothing to be afraid of: a grammar check and a hypothetical press release.

Interview Questions

• They had me interview with the client, which was unusual, who asked, "I don't want to hear 'we can't turn this content into media coverage.' How are you going to take what we give you and run with it?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in September 2012.

Interview

HR called me after she saw me looking at them on LinkedIn. Call went well, she said she wanted me to come in for an in-person, but that she was going on vacation. She never confirmed time / place, etc. and when she returned from vacation 10 days later, she said they were no longer in need of that role, but to keep in touch. I did and we scheduled another interview. That was cancelled last minute as well. By the time we actually scheduled interview three, I had signed an offer. Overall - found them to be super disorganized and a waste of my time.

Client Staff Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I was contacted based on my online job profile and agreed to a phone interview. There were some scheduling conflicts but all seemed to go well once that was sorted. When I was invited to meet some of the team in person after the first round of interviews, everyone was nice but they seemed in a hurry or busy with something else. After asking more about the position and how long the hiring process would take, I got varied answers from each person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in December 2016.

Interview

First, HR phone screening process.
    Second, in-person interview with direct report, team member, and colleague. Get to know the team more and your workload. Everyone is extremely nice.
    Third, two hour writing test.