Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 115 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Spain
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Spain)

Interview

Fue rápido pero han pasado varios años y ya no recuerdo, entré como becaria así que no aplica. Las entrevistas eran primero RRHH y después con el equipo, que solían ser managers

Interview Questions
  • un reto
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bavaria
Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Munich, Bavaria) in Nov 2018

Interview

Das Gespräch fing locker an, stellte sich aber schnell als unmöglich heraus. Die Recruiterin hatte von Anfang an eine respektlose Einstellung. Man hat sich durchgehend gefühlt, als würde man ausgelacht bzw belächelt werden. Die Dame sollte stark an Ihrem Umgangston arbeiten und sich darüber Gedanken machen, wie man Mitmenschen anständig behandelt. Warum sich überhaupt die Mühe machen, wenn man kein Interesse hat bzw den Kandidaten nicht als passend erachtet. Es hätte mir unglaublich viel Zeit und Mühe erspart eine einfache Absage zu kassieren. Das wäre nicht das Ende der Welt gewesen. Aber von Anfang an in ein Gespräch verwickelt zu sein, wo man einfach nur auflegen will, weil der gegenüber einen nicht für voll nimmt, ist schon stark unnötig. Sie hat versucht mich für ein Praktikum bzw unterbezahltes Traineeship zu begeistern. Ich habe das Gespräch selbst beendet und gesagt, dass wir nicht auf einen Nenner kommen.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Brussels) in Oct 2018

Interview

I spoke to an employee who worked at BM, who told me to reach out to HR. HR offered a date maybe a week in advance, and we spoke on Skype for maybe 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (United States)

Interview

This interview seemed more like a good conversation than an interview. My interviewer was very friendly, and she helped calm my nerves during the interview. For the internship program, there is no longer an HR screening call. Senior level professionals of your field are usually the ones interviewing you.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY)

Interview

It was a basic job interview process. 2-3 rounds of interviews. Met with the key team members I'd be working with. No surprising questions. Wasn't super transparent about the realities of the role.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (London, England)

Interview

Very straight-forward application via LinkedIn, invited in for a relatively informal interview by the head of department after they assessed my application and CV. The main interviewer was great, prompt and easy to engage with, asked good questions and really delved into my CV. He really put my through my paces. The other interviewer was 10 minutes late to my 30 minute interview and sat on his phone (barely hidden under the table) for the majority of the time I was interviewing. He barely seemed to be listening and didn't ask any pressing questions. It gave me a really bad impression of the company, if one of the directors can't give a relatively senior job applicant half an hour of their time. If it had been a client emergency, I would have had no problem with him making an exit, rather than wasting my time. It took over a week for them to come back to me, despite a follow up email from myself. I got the impression they had brought me in for an interview to contrast with another applicant they'd already met and liked, since my background didn't fit with exactly what it became clear they wanted when I received their feedback. Nothing more than a good practice interview for a company I'm now sure I don't want to work for.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my choice of dissertation topic. I appreciated the question, as it showed my CV had actually been read through.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Brussels)

Interview

I had an overall positive experience. The recruiter was easygoing and helpful. Had a phone interview only with HR, followed by a written test and an interview with HR&a team member.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (United States)

Interview

Very positive, professional, responsive and quick. HR was superb - really took the time to shepherd the process. Everyone with whom I met was direct, friendly and very smart.

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in Mar 2018

Interview

Lengthy online application included a mock press release, essay, and teacher rec, phone interview. Applied online early February, offered the interview mid-March, interviewed end of March and heard back early April. Everyone was very friendly, it was a great experience, very upset I didn't get it though

Interview Questions
Burson-Marsteller
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC) in Mar 2018

Interview

The application was due at the usual time, similar process as previous years, requiring an essay on one of their three topics and a press release announcing your joining BM. A reference letter was also required. I applied by the deadline, and got a follow-up email saying that there were additional documents that were to be submitted, not mentioned on their online application, including a thing for diversity. I submitted those. They were behind in the recruitment process and skipped the HR interview round so I was contacted for final interviews. Interview happened via phone.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 115