Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in December 2016.

Interview

First, HR phone screening process.
    Second, in-person interview with direct report, team member, and colleague. Get to know the team more and your workload. Everyone is extremely nice.
    Third, two hour writing test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by someone in HR. We talked on the phone and the interview went so well that she said she thought I was the perfect fit for the role and really wanted me to come in and meet the team for round 2. She said she'd like to talk to the "team" and get back to me within the week. I was extremely excited, but a week and a half passed by and I didn't hear back from her. I followed up with an email and she quickly let me know that their needs had shifted and wished me the best of luck. Super shady and wishy washy.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a junior HR person from another office, who said she was vetting me for technical acumen (which the job didn't require). Had a second phone call with the HR lead in charge of the process, who ate her lunch while on the phone with me, put me on hold while she dealt with email issues. She told me the hiring manager was kind of crazy, which made me chuckle. The hiring manager was a little kooky and abruptly ended the meeting when I asked if he had further questions for me. No follow-up, feedback, or acknowledgement of result on their end. Not surprising given the sloppiness of the above.

Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR. I completed a phone screen followed by two 1:1 interviews, all of which were late to start. I was told to await next steps and that the process would be long, due to holding company involvement. After several weeks of follow up, with rare replies in between, I accepted another offer.

Client Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I had an HR phone call the same week I applied. I then came in and met with 3 members of the team as well as the manager I would be reporting to. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and classes I took. What I saw myself doing in my next job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR after applying for a different position and was told that I would still be considered for the position, but they created a new position they she believed I was a perfect fit. After our 40 minute phone conversation, the HR manager said it confirmed her thoughts that I would be a perfect fit and that she was passing my resume to those conducting the interview to set up a time to come into their DC office.

During the in-person interview, it was a two part interview. During the first part, I met directly with the managers the new hire would be working under. Following the interview, the managers said they were impressed with my resume and background. They also began informing me about the next step in the process and that I should expect an email shortly regarding the next step.

In the second phase, I met with the HR manager I spoke with on the phone to discuss the position further and inform me about the following process. During our conversation, she said I would hear from her in 4 days. Even after I asked if I should follow up with her if I don't hear, she said I wouldn't have to worry about that because I would DEFINITELY hear from her and would be part of the second phase of the hiring process.

After a couple days passed from her proposed follow up date, I sent a follow up email to the HR manager, which I received no reply. Understanding they may be busy, but wanted to hire an individual as soon as possible, I waited a few weeks before sending a second follow up email to both the HR manager and the two managers who conducted the first in person interview, which like the first email, I received no email informing me if they were behind in the process or moving on. I never sent a third email, but despite being told how much I fit the position and promised that I would hear from them, I have not received any contact regarding the position even though it has been a month since I interviewed.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The HR representative changed the time three times and then was late calling me for the interview. That turned me off of the company, but I still went through with the interview and scheduled a second phone interview.

That interview lasted all of ten minutes with the HR person trying to schedule time for an in-person interview towards the end. She said she would email within 48 hours with an official time. I emailed to follow up 48 hours later to find that they had gone with another candidate for the process. Even after trying to schedule me for an in-person.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company?   Answer Question
    • Please take me through your resume and how these experiences would make you a good employee.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in December 2015.

Interview

You have an interview with a HR person and, if they like you, you have an interview with the hiring manager. HR was great at telling you when anyone would get back to you. They give you a date and always give you news on that date. Everything was done over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at this place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I applied online and was called later that day by an HR representative for a screening with very basic questions and they wanted me to walk through my resume. I was invited to come in and speak with two team members back to back (both have since left the company) and was given an offer the day after I came in via email. I started two weeks later.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interview process varies by how desperate they are to find someone and who you know. When I first got hired I had to take an extensive writing test and had several interviews. I know of other people that did not take this test. Questions and difficulty vary depending on the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have deploying public relation initiatives?   Answer Question