CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really thought through. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and if you have experience, you’ll be able to answer them easily. Take your time in describing the situation and how you handled it. This company does a great job on following you through every step. They had someone talk to me before the interviews and throughout the entire process and it just shows how much they care about the people they hire. I had a phone interview then one with a manager and got hired not shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to persuade someone on purchasing something   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Manager asks about experience, then behavioral questions, and finally asked two scenario based questions. They will ask for clarification mid- sentence if you do not speak with brevity or neglect to get to the point Info to know for interview: They are a re-seller of tech products and provide customized services for business. In the words of the recruiter, they are looking for people who are goal driven, competitive, and are passionate for technology and relationships

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you demonstrated persistence, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you made a cold call and the customer said they already have another vendor?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your enthusiasm to meet new people   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about the opportunity/What is interesting about our company?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

It was thoughtful and informative. The interviewers gave good perspective on the company and demonstrated a genuine interest in me as a person and a candidate. I was able to learn about their roles and how to best work with them, as well as, the compelling information about what they like about the organization.

Interview Questions

• What was my primary motivation in my career?   1 Answer

Entry Level Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, very basic tell me about yourself questions. A couple of behavioral questions. The next stage is an in person interview. I was moved forward but declined as I accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Pretend your cold calling a potential client, how do you convince them to switch to CDW from their current vendor.   Answer Question

Drop Ship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the Coworker services recruiter, then went on to an in person interview with the manager and then an additional in person interview with the senior manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me a specific example of when you had a problem to solve and take me through the steps of how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

Inside Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR that was then followed up by a 3 hour in-person, panel interview. The first hour was a behavioral interview, followed by a technical interview for an hour, concluding with another 40 minutes of behavioral questions and then open Q&A for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my opinion was on how Cisco and Microsoft were doing interacting with each other and if it was working properly.   1 Answer

Senior Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The overall process was very easy and quick. The recruiter I worked with was very responsive. I had a phone screen within a week of applying. A phone interview shortly after, on-site interview a week later, and an extended offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to change price on an item, how would you adjust the price and what factor would you consider to justify your action?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

35 minute phone interview with HR; in person interview with two A/R supervisors scheduled for the following week. In person lasted about an hour 15 and felt positive. I was well qualified for the position but I know there are many reasons offers are not extended. As it has been 7 business days since the interview with no contact, it is my assumption I didn't get the job. I do find it surprising that a company as large as this does not even send an auto-generated rejection email. It's a poor way to treat people and I expected them to show more professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why CDW? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without consulting your supervisor. What would your boss say about you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? As I knew their questions would be behavioral, I was prepared.   Answer Question

Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I spoke with the recruiter first, followed by the hiring manager and area director. I received an offer a couple days after the final interview. The recruiter communicated frequently throughout the process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with HR, then one phone interview with a hiring manager, then one in person interview with several managers and the in person interview is about 2 hours long. They give feedback fairly quick

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths, where do you want to go in 5 years   Answer Question