CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Campus Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

You go through a phone screening interview and if you make it, interview with manager, and finally an interview with sales team you would be working with. Do your homework before the interview and if you are not interested in the technology industry, then I would consider not interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• What technology does your campus have and how is it utilized?   Answer Question

S3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick process once the ball got rolling. Had a short phone screen with the technical recruiter, then an in-person interview with the person who would be my manager.

The recruiter was very responsive and gave me updates frequently. Got the offer the week after my in-person interview and accepted.
    No trick questions, straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How technical are you?
      A time you overcame a challenge in sales?
      Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Shelton, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

There was an extensive phone interview with many different types of questions. They let me know about the company and asked me questions about myself as well. I was then interviewed in person with a similar style of questioning.

Interview Questions

• What was one scenario where you had to learn something new in order to complete a task?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very timely and organized. There wasn't a lot of waiting around. I applied online and spoke with HR a week later. The next step was speaking over the phone with the hiring manager and finally an in person interview. Within 3 weeks of first applying online, I had a job offer.

Account Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and they called me less than an hour after filling the application and 30 minute questionnaire for a basic laid back phone screen. The woman was very kind and helpful. She really set me up for success, emailing me all pertinent information and what to study.

We scheduled a phone interview 2 weeks later. Basic STAR and a small sales related scenario. Actually rather easy! My mistake was I didn't read the e-mail or research the company! So don't be a pleb like me.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain a specific goal you had and how you achieved it?   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I basically had a phone interview with a recruiter and then I had an interview on-site. First the recruiter took me around the building for a tour for 30 minutes before the interview with the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) What was an aggressive goal you set for youself? How did you achieve it?
      2) Tell a time when you have a disagreement with peers and how did you solve the situation? Result?
      3) Tell a time when you did a project alone. What did you do and how did you achieve result?
      4) Why CDW?
      5) How do you overcome objections with sales?
      6) If your products cost more than your competitor, how would you differentiate yourself from the competitors to close the deal?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online on out campus website and several days later, I got a phone call. Then, we scheduled a time to have a phone interview the days after the phone call. The hiring manager was kind and nice. And they provide a lot of information for you to prepare.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was harder than I had presumed it to be. The first step was an online recorded interview followed by two more over the phone. The recruiter was nice but was rough on scheduling a time around my schedule. The questions asked were relevant to any sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to overcome an obstacle at work and how you did it,   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Appleton, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very transparent with details and next steps. Recruiter was very personable and informative. Hiring manager was very easy to talk to and open about the position. He even traveled to the local office to have my panel interview so that made it easier yet.