CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chandler, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

They first take you on a tour around the facility. You then meet with a manager that asks you about yourself and then primarily situational questions. After, they had me shadow a current sales rep for about 30 minutes.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

I was invited for an online interview, which I had to complete within 3 business days of receiving the e-mail request for an interview. An unlimited number of re-takes on the video submissions are allowed, which are easy behavioral questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

After applying, was sent a link to take a sales personality test, A week later did a hirevue interview. A few days later got a call from the recruiter and did a phone interview. After, had an in person interview with the sales manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Word of caution: If you really want to work here, prepare beforehand! Don’t just wing it or you’ll be sorry. And yes, they do drug test, so stop smoking if that’s your thing.

Now that you’ve been warned... here’s the skinny on the interview. So long as you prepare beforehand, the interview isn’t that difficult. Research the STAR method of answering questions and practice them a few times. You should be ok for the interview,

It starts off with a recruiter that reaches out to you and discussed the role and interviews you for 45-60 mins. They’ll update you within 1-2 days whether you’re moving on. If you did, that same recruiter will give you interview feedback and you’ll discuss what vertical you’d like to work for. You’ll then have an in-person with most likely the manager that hires you. Again, the turnaround time here is 1-2 days as well.

Nothing too complex... but do prepare yourself and lay off those drugs if you really want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why CDW?   Answer Question
    • Why Tech Sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to think quick on your feet.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a goal you set for yourself and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • A customer tells you they’re working with another vendor... how would you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went beyond your current responsibilities for the benefit of the team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame initial resistance to make a sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to upsell a product/ service.   Answer Question
    • A customer says that he can get a printer cheaper elsewhere... how would you respond to make the sale?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in March 2018.

Interview

Took about two weeks had a initial phone interview then after a few days you will either receive an email or a phone call to tell you if you made it to the final interview which would be an in person interview.

Financial Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was seamless but also very in-depth and strategic by the leadership at CDW. They were very thorough and looked for very specific, detailed answers and examples to their questions. There was nothing I would consider to be as "traditionally generic" from an interview question perspective asked by any of the leaders.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are the right candidate for the role and why we should hire you in 60 seconds or less.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in February 2018.

Interview

So far I am in the fourth of the application/interview process. First was submitting the application, second was participating in a digital interview, third was talking with the senior recruiter and now I'm waiting to hear about talking with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CDW? What type of work environment would you like to be a part of? If you could describe yourself using an emoji, what would it be and why? What makes you unique compared to your peers? What background experience or projects have you worked on related to HR? Why HR?   1 Answer

Campus Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Toledo, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

Fast online application. Follow up emails with a CDW employee. Then I had a individual per-question video interview. Next was a phone screening. After the phone screening I asked for time to think about the position. No solid offer has been made yet.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDW (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very simple and easy to go through. One phone interview and one in person interview. Just show enthusiasm and your past successes. Show that you can handle rejection and will not take it personal. You need to show you’re a go getter.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I had applied CDW in the month of December 2017. I received invitation for first round in second week of January and results by January last week. One of the positions was advance analytics -intern. It was hire view round. Following are some questions which I remember.