CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Phone Interview/Email
    2nd Stage: HireVue (Video Recorded) Interview
    3rd Stage: Excel Assessment (this position works extensively with Excel - reporting)
    3rd Stage: In Person Interview with Program Manager of Sales

First three stages were simple and quick, but the actual in-person interview was the worst. The guy interviewing me wasted 2 hours of my time, only spending 15 minutes tops (if that) regarding actual interview questions. The rest of the time consisted of casual chatting, mostly him yapping about his previous jobs and hobbies---extremely unprofessional and at times, offensive (surprised he felt comfortable enough to use an ethnic slur to describe my father when I told him where he was from).

The interviewer could have cared less about interviewing me for the position, which could've easily been misconstrued for already nailing the position and your future manager getting to know you better. It took 2 weeks for the recruiter to let me know he went with someone else, BUT, wanted to know if I (a current Contract Analyst) was interested a Manager's Assistant position (aka Secretary), because they use Excel too.......

No. Thank. You.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will be looking further into the situation you shared. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to include any other details or information. Jen... More

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

It was multiple in-person technical and professional interviews. Began with a technical phone screen and lead to four in-person interviews. These interviews were technical and professional in nature. They were looking for strong technical skills and a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle working with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Contract Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW in March 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process. First, I applied online and then HR called me for a phone interview. I then had a total of two in person interview with 5 people total.

Interview Questions

The company couldn't meet my salary requirements.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

CDW uses a video interview system called HireVe. Basically you are asked questions and provided video recorded answers. It was odd as i have never done that for a job interview. From there a recruiter reaches out to you to follow up after they reviewed your video. My recruiter was very nice and answered any questions I had. I kept in contact with her throughout the process. I was set up with an interview with a female at the Chicago office. I had to take the train in and arrived an hour early. I walked around downtown and arrived to the office about 20 mins early.I checked in with the receptionist. She came and got me, 10 mins late, and took me to another floor. We ended up in a large interior room.
    It was a VERY uncomfortable interview. She was not welcoming and was as warm as a rock. Interviews are nerve wracking to begin with and I have never met an interviewer like her. There was no relating to her on a personal level. She has no warmth to her, no relatability. She also did not listen. My current position is complex so when asked about it, I give a broad view of what I do and the characters involved. She cut me off when I was explaining. She then asks "what do you do on a daily basis?" I proceed to tell her but she confused with my job and departments involved, had she let me finish my original thought she wouldn't have been.
    She explained the position at CDW, vaguely. You would process contacts from the sales department and that they would need to go out rapidly. I probed as to how many people were in the department, department environment and morale, training, dress code etc. The answers I would get were either dripping with disgust or plain rude. I got the vibe she didn't want to be interviewing me from the get go. She said she was a project manager so her along with 10 others work with this department. She couldn't even give me a headcount for the department. There was no way, had an offer been offered, would I have accepted based on this woman alone. I am a people person, there would be no way I could have worked with or for her.
    Before the in person interview, the recruiter called and we discussed compensation and benefits. The job is salaried and base pay is between 48k-50k. Low compared to the other reported salaries on Glassdoor for this position at CDW. The insurance was expensive. For the same coverage I currently have at my job, it would cost $100 more a month,roughly $175 a month out of paycheck.

It was a good experience until I met the interviewer. Everyone else I had met until then were pleasant and personable.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about your current role
      -What would your boss say about you
      -What do you need to work on
      -What is your end goal.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked some questions about items from my resume'. We then discussed specific skills and experiences from my resume' and I was given an opportunity to provide details regarding the specifics of the type of work I had been doing. I was then asked a series of specific technology questions related to the stated job requirements. The interviewer was polite and the exchange was very collaborative (as opposed to confrontational).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a personal anecdote that I had referenced in my resume. It indicated to me that they had completely read through my resume'   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

the interview is fairly easy. must have some sales and fitness experience. you talk with the assistant manager to review your background. They give you a tour of the gym and ask your skill set. wait on background check to come through. takes up to 2 weeks. is a plus if you have your certification.

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, online questionnaire, video interview. Used HireVue for the video interview, asked a series of 6 questions. 3 opinion, and 3 technical. Correspondence was kind of slow, but it's a big company, so not that unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What technology are you most excited about?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

At first recruiter was very diligent about getting back to me. Recruiter reached out to me and suggest I apply for this position. She sold me on an in person interview and I was very excited about the role. The interview with 3 different managers I think went great although I was not able to get contact information nor neither of them. I had the interview and I feel like was ghosted afterwards did not hear back any feedback from Accounting team nor HR. I tried several times to get feedback or a respond from both departments with no avail. It has now been 9 days since the interview so its same to assume I did not get the role. I was surprised to be treated this way from such a large established company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions   1 Answer

Multiple Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

Usually 2-4 interview to get a position. Opens to inside co-workers first then outside. First interview is with recruiter then manager decides if they want to interview. Then usually a team interview or partner interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a partner and tell them their best practices weren't working for our company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDW in November 2014.

Interview

I applied after finding the position through an online job board. I received an email from HR the same day with a list of 8 - 10 questions asking for additional details. I replied with thoughtful answers within the hour. Then, radio silence. I had no contact with the company for a full month after replying to the HR email. My assumption was the opportunity ceased to exist because it had been so long since I had heard from the company. After a month passed, I received an unexpected phone call from an HR rep who conducted a high level phone interview about my interest and relevant experience. I was told that my resume would be passed on to the hiring manager. Within 1 hour, the HR rep followed up to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the following day. My phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes where we discussed my experience and how it related to the team's goals. I was told that I would receive quick follow up from the HR rep. I got a phone call from the HR rep the next day to schedule a face to face interview.

The face to face interview process was about 2 hours of meetings with various levels of management within the department. The questions were all expected questions that any person who took the proper time to prepare for an interview would be ready to answer. The interviewers all made me feel very comfortable during our discussions, took the time to tell me about themselves and fully answered any questions that I had. I was told by the hiring manager in the final interview of the face to face process that they had another candidate they were considering and that they would be making a decision the day after that interview. My interview was a Monday, the other candidate on Tuesday and I received a phone call from the HR rep on Wednesday extending an offer. Disregarding the month between my online application and first phone contact, the entire process took about 10 days.

Negotiation

I was told the salary range by the HR rep early in the interview process. The offer was made at the upper limit of the proposed salary range so I did not attempt to negotiate.