CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Manager asks about experience, then behavioral questions, and finally asked two scenario based questions. They will ask for clarification mid- sentence if you do not speak with brevity or neglect to get to the point Info to know for interview: They are a re-seller of tech products and provide customized services for business. In the words of the recruiter, they are looking for people who are goal driven, competitive, and are passionate for technology and relationships

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you demonstrated persistence, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you made a cold call and the customer said they already have another vendor?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your enthusiasm to meet new people   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about the opportunity/What is interesting about our company?   Answer Question

Entry Level Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, very basic tell me about yourself questions. A couple of behavioral questions. The next stage is an in person interview. I was moved forward but declined as I accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Pretend your cold calling a potential client, how do you convince them to switch to CDW from their current vendor.   Answer Question

Drop Ship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the Coworker services recruiter, then went on to an in person interview with the manager and then an additional in person interview with the senior manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me a specific example of when you had a problem to solve and take me through the steps of how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW.

Interview

35 minute phone interview with HR; in person interview with two A/R supervisors scheduled for the following week. In person lasted about an hour 15 and felt positive. I was well qualified for the position but I know there are many reasons offers are not extended. As it has been 7 business days since the interview with no contact, it is my assumption I didn't get the job. I do find it surprising that a company as large as this does not even send an auto-generated rejection email. It's a poor way to treat people and I expected them to show more professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why CDW? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without consulting your supervisor. What would your boss say about you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? As I knew their questions would be behavioral, I was prepared.   Answer Question

Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I spoke with the recruiter first, followed by the hiring manager and area director. I received an offer a couple days after the final interview. The recruiter communicated frequently throughout the process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with HR, then one phone interview with a hiring manager, then one in person interview with several managers and the in person interview is about 2 hours long. They give feedback fairly quick

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths, where do you want to go in 5 years   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and took about 8 weeks total from phone screen to final offer. Process included phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and ended with an in person interview with hiring manager and his direct manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people, explain ways in how you've improved processes, and give examples of project management experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a challenging process, but it is clearly thoughtful with the intention of hiring the right people. The process consisted of several steps. I was referred by an employee who handed my resume to a Sales Manager (very lucky). Next I was contact for an informal phone interview, where I was directed to complete a multiple choice behavioral assessment. After that, I had an formal phone interview with hiring manager implementing the STAR method asking behavioral/situational type questions. Lastly, an in-person interview with the Senior Sales Manager for the specific vertical I was interested in. I got an offer on the spot post-interview questions.

Pro-tips:
    - Have some great questions to ask, specific to the vertical you're applying for. Be specific.
    - Prepare. Prepare. Prepare. I may have spent 10 hours studying their company including a lot of reading, and memorizing key partners, products, services, and solutions provided.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question (In-person): "If you were on a cold-call and the first thing the person tells you is that they are not interested and already working with someone else, what would you say and how would you make the sale?"   1 Answer
    • Easier question (Formal phone interview): "What does CDW do?"   1 Answer
    • Medium level price objection question (Formal phone interview): "You are on the phone with a prospect (cold-call). They are a decision-maker for their company and are interested printer services, but have been quoted $100 less by a competitor. How would you respond to their price objection and inevitably make the sale?"   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW in July 2017.

Interview

This was, in a practical sense, a very easy interview. I applied through the CDW website and received a request for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. I was asked very typical questions such as: What is your range of sales experience (I have 3 years); What was your salary at your last position; What does CDW do ( I do my homework and gave a complete and thought-out response)? It was literally only those three questions.

Then I was asked if I had any questions and when I asked about office culture, quotas, benefits, salary, commission, etc, the interviewer became gradually more annoyed and frustrated. (I think you can agree, these are typical interview questions, and most of the time, as the interviewee, you don't have to ask them yourself -- they're specified at some point before the Q&A portion of the conversation.) After getting a huffy response to my questions, I was asked if I had any trips planned over the next 6 months. I said yes, that I had two days in the fall when I would be out of town, and that I would be visiting family for the holidays. Apparently, this pushed the interviewer over the Cliff of Frustration into the Valley of Anger. In a raised voice, and I was told that this was completely unacceptable, it was made clear that I was wasting everyone's time, and the interview ended right there.

I've never been treated with so little regard, unfriendliness and unprofessionalism in an interview. Maybe someone was having a bad day. Maybe they were dealing with family drama. Or maybe CDW allows terrible attitudes and extremely poor people skills to be the driving force of their business. Either way, I'll be avoiding them completely and I hope you don't waste your time (or theirs, apparently), either.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. I apologize this was your experience. I assure you this is not typical and in direct conflict with the expectations of our team... More

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

the interview is fairly easy. must have some sales and fitness experience. you talk with the assistant manager to review your background. They give you a tour of the gym and ask your skill set. wait on background check to come through. takes up to 2 weeks. is a plus if you have your certification.