CDW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but well thought out and efficient. It is clear they have their act together. My recruiter worked with me from the beginning to the end and made sure I was well prepared for the in person interviews.

The process was basically two phone interviews, and then an onsite tour followed by an interview with my future manager. I found out the same day that I interviewed in person that I got the position.

There was a LOT of behavioral interviewing-IE-When is a time you've been in X situation and how did you handle it. This occurred in both the phone interviews and the in person interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't really any-everyone's base is the same and it's just a matter of what your commissions will be like based on your own effort-so I wouldn't even try negotiating.

Account Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and they called me less than an hour after filling the application and 30 minute questionnaire for a basic laid back phone screen. The woman was very kind and helpful. She really set me up for success, emailing me all pertinent information and what to study.

We scheduled a phone interview 2 weeks later. Basic STAR and a small sales related scenario. Actually rather easy! My mistake was I didn't read the e-mail or research the company! So don't be a pleb like me.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain a specific goal you had and how you achieved it?   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I basically had a phone interview with a recruiter and then I had an interview on-site. First the recruiter took me around the building for a tour for 30 minutes before the interview with the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) What was an aggressive goal you set for youself? How did you achieve it?
      2) Tell a time when you have a disagreement with peers and how did you solve the situation? Result?
      3) Tell a time when you did a project alone. What did you do and how did you achieve result?
      4) Why CDW?
      5) How do you overcome objections with sales?
      6) If your products cost more than your competitor, how would you differentiate yourself from the competitors to close the deal?
      Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online on out campus website and several days later, I got a phone call. Then, we scheduled a time to have a phone interview the days after the phone call. The hiring manager was kind and nice. And they provide a lot of information for you to prepare.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They seemed to be looking for very specific answers, which added an extra dimension of difficulty to the interview. Trying to guess what they want to hear is not easy. Do your homework before you go in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer couldn't get their products in time?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was harder than I had presumed it to be. The first step was an online recorded interview followed by two more over the phone. The recruiter was nice but was rough on scheduling a time around my schedule. The questions asked were relevant to any sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to overcome an obstacle at work and how you did it,   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDW (Appleton, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very transparent with details and next steps. Recruiter was very personable and informative. Hiring manager was very easy to talk to and open about the position. He even traveled to the local office to have my panel interview so that made it easier yet.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDW in March 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process. First, I applied online and then HR called me for a phone interview. I then had a total of two in person interview with 5 people total.

Interview Questions

The company couldn't meet my salary requirements.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by Dione it was positive. Asked me to tell her about myself, my sales background, and overall experience. I was also asked about my technical knowledge and whether I was able to come to the office which is located downtown Chicago every day Monday -Friday

Interview Questions

• Do you have Inside Sales experience   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Phone Interview/Email
    2nd Stage: HireVue (Video Recorded) Interview
    3rd Stage: Excel Assessment (this position works extensively with Excel - reporting)
    3rd Stage: In Person Interview with Program Manager of Sales

First three stages were simple and quick, but the actual in-person interview was the worst. The guy interviewing me wasted 2 hours of my time, only spending 15 minutes tops (if that) regarding actual interview questions. The rest of the time consisted of casual chatting, mostly him yapping about his previous jobs and hobbies---extremely unprofessional and at times, offensive (surprised he felt comfortable enough to use an ethnic slur to describe my father when I told him where he was from).

The interviewer could have cared less about interviewing me for the position, which could've easily been misconstrued for already nailing the position and your future manager getting to know you better. It took 2 weeks for the recruiter to let me know he went with someone else, BUT, wanted to know if I (a current Contract Analyst) was interested a Manager's Assistant position (aka Secretary), because they use Excel too.......

No. Thank. You.

Interview Questions

CDW Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Senior Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will be looking further into the situation you shared. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to include any other details or information. Jen ... More

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

CDW uses a video interview system called HireVe. Basically you are asked questions and provided video recorded answers. It was odd as i have never done that for a job interview. From there a recruiter reaches out to you to follow up after they reviewed your video. My recruiter was very nice and answered any questions I had. I kept in contact with her throughout the process. I was set up with an interview with a female at the Chicago office. I had to take the train in and arrived an hour early. I walked around downtown and arrived to the office about 20 mins early.I checked in with the receptionist. She came and got me, 10 mins late, and took me to another floor. We ended up in a large interior room.
    It was a VERY uncomfortable interview. She was not welcoming and was as warm as a rock. Interviews are nerve wracking to begin with and I have never met an interviewer like her. There was no relating to her on a personal level. She has no warmth to her, no relatability. She also did not listen. My current position is complex so when asked about it, I give a broad view of what I do and the characters involved. She cut me off when I was explaining. She then asks "what do you do on a daily basis?" I proceed to tell her but she confused with my job and departments involved, had she let me finish my original thought she wouldn't have been.
    She explained the position at CDW, vaguely. You would process contacts from the sales department and that they would need to go out rapidly. I probed as to how many people were in the department, department environment and morale, training, dress code etc. The answers I would get were either dripping with disgust or plain rude. I got the vibe she didn't want to be interviewing me from the get go. She said she was a project manager so her along with 10 others work with this department. She couldn't even give me a headcount for the department. There was no way, had an offer been offered, would I have accepted based on this woman alone. I am a people person, there would be no way I could have worked with or for her.
    Before the in person interview, the recruiter called and we discussed compensation and benefits. The job is salaried and base pay is between 48k-50k. Low compared to the other reported salaries on Glassdoor for this position at CDW. The insurance was expensive. For the same coverage I currently have at my job, it would cost $100 more a month,roughly $175 a month out of paycheck.

It was a good experience until I met the interviewer. Everyone else I had met until then were pleasant and personable.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about your current role
      -What would your boss say about you
      -What do you need to work on
      -What is your end goal.
      Answer Question