KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,896 of over 3,139 reviews

4.0
CDW CEO Christine Leahy
Christine Leahy

What people are saying about CDW

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is a great culture in each individual branch as well as across the nation as one unified company.(in 210 reviews)
  • "The best thing about CDW is we have some really great people who really care about our customers and our company.(in 199 reviews)
  • "CDW offers great benefits and a company you can be proud to say you work for.(in 173 reviews)
  • "There was a lot of great training on the different technologies and products on an ongoing basis.(in 128 reviews)
  • "There is also a great work life balance as long as you prove that you are a high performer.(in 120 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and 'raises' are less than 3% yet your review will always say how great of a worker you are.(in 136 reviews)
  • "Salaries are low and don't seem to be adjusted for higher cost of living areas.(in 123 reviews)
  • "Poor management and insane expectations(in 114 reviews)
  • "the problem is the managers have been thre too long so don't know what the real world is like any more.(in 64 reviews)
  • "disgustingly low base salary 30k when you start and then goes to 25k when you get 'promoted'(in 62 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CDW and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

What Really Matters

Mar 15, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many reasons why I have been at CDW for the past 17 years. Many of them are reasons that you could find at other place but the one that makes this place different is the PEOPLE. Everyone says it but it's different here. Our team has grown exponentially but our culture continues to be a "big family" focused on solving customer problems. We care for each other in order to ensure we bring our best selves to work for our customers. We literally are the living example of Ubuntu - I am because we are!

Cons

Compensation has room for improvement

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Company

May 23, 2022 - Drop Ship Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, looks out for coworkers

Cons

Sometimes changes are made without consideration, but when they do make them they don't blind side you and never do anything to harm your career. My direct managers have changed a lot.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!

May 9, 2022 - Field Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management will not micromanage you. Your success hinges on your determination. You take the reins, and as long as you are successful and contributing, they won't say "no". You feel empowered, and you can chart your own ship. CDW rewards those that take that stance.

Cons

Management will not micromanage you. Your success hinges on your determination. If you are waiting for clear guidance and waiting for someone to tell you how to be successful, you will sink. You will be frustrated. You will feel like management is failing you. The whole thing will feel like a mess and unstructured.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Place

May 25, 2022 - Capture Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

stability and great culture, kind people.

Cons

Pay is slightly under market rate. Hours are long.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It’s alright if you don’t mind doing the same thing everyday

May 18, 2022 - Bid Desk Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-sometimes the work is slow and there is nothing to do so you can watch shows or movies or something -leadership will invest in you if you share your interest in learning -everyone is friendly -remote work

Cons

-sometimes job seems really repetitive and outlook for staying in this position can sometimes feel bleak -pay is not the greatest seeing as company keeps on posting record profits

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work culture

May 24, 2022 - Integration Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is a valued.

Cons

401k match is not competitive enough.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Hard work that eventually pays off

May 19, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, great insentives, Great work enviornment,

Cons

long process to get were you want to be, if you need money now...this isnt the right career. If you are young and have time to work your way up to the better leads, go for it!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for in IT

May 18, 2022 - Senior DevOps Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of training opportunities, ability to work in cutting-edge tech

Cons

It's a fast-paced technical environment

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent place to work

May 19, 2022 - Associate Consulting Engineer in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible team, and the leadership is great.

Cons

Pay isn't too competitive right now.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Take a close look at how many people have left in the last 18 months

May 16, 2022 - Senior Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay Good Benefits Competitive Work Enviroment

Cons

Culture is gone Mediocre Management at best PMO Leader is vindictive and pushes people out Sales driven environment with no ethics Management preaches certification, yet doesn't have the same certification

2 people found this review helpful

CDW Response

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We assure you it does not reflect CDW’s values or corporate culture and take any claims not in line with The CDW Way very seriously. We would like to know more details about your situation, so we can look into this further. I encourage you to contact us via one of the following options: a. CDW Ethics and Compliance Office directly by calling (847) 419-6160 b. Ethics Helpline at (877) 723-9929 or c. Coworker Relations, Sr. Manager Keith Arnold at (312) 547-3028

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,896 Reviews
</>Embed

CDW Reviews FAQs

CDW has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,139 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at CDW to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CDW employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CDW. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

79% of CDW employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CDW 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CDW to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CDW Job Seekers