CDW Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9

1,459 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • company benefits are great; culture is very focused on a healthy work-life balance (in 145 reviews)

• Flexible schedule - work from home 90% of the time (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes difficult to work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• base salary is not competitive with other entry level sales jobs (in 80 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work for a Long-term Career"

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance, CDW investing in employee development, and team culture! After working in various industries and companies, CDW feels like "home" and always provides new projects to keep me challenged and growing professionally by incorporating the newest trends and technology for improvement.

Cons

Very happy to be working in an industry that is growing and company focused on customers and employee growth.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in resources for employees. Work on integrating coworkers across different teams or divisions to support career growth and collaboration.

CDW Response

Oct 28, 2016 – Senior Manager

Thanks for your review. Actually got me a little teary eyed. We are proud of our organization that "feels like home" and we're glad you're part of the family!

2. "CDW - A Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leaders care about the employees and the customers.
    Great pay
    Good benefits
    Excellent coworkers
    Growing company who promotes from within

Cons

It's a big company and can be slow to change
    As a big company it has lots of processes that need to be navigated as a leader

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work
    Many of the coworkers are remote and make sure the IT department has focus on their needs not just those in the offices

3. "Enterprise Mobility Solution Architect"

Current Employee - Fsa in Riverside, IL
    Current Employee - Fsa in Riverside, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team, benefits, work life balance, exciting new technology

Cons

I dont have any Cons to share

4. "CDW"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, great benefits, have a great culture to help family and work.

Cons

The only con was the transition to get hired permanently took longer than was originally stated.

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CDW provides great career opportunities. CDW is a place that encourages creativity, initiative and new ideas. We are a lean organization. You will have great opportunities to work on projects and learn from the experiences you are provided. I started as entry level hourly coworker and worked my way to Director.

Our culture is second to none. It is a special place and the people you work with are outstanding. I would describe the culture as team oriented and energetic. It is a culture where everyone rolls up their sleeves.

Cons

Compensation is not industry leading but it is a great culture and with exciting work.

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consulting Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CDW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about it's employees.

Cons

No micro management however if you're a remote employee, it can get a little lonely due to lack of involvement with the bigger vision of the company.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely welcoming environment, great support throughout the company, many opportunities for advancement in the company

Cons

Very long training process but that is why CDW coworkers are so great at what they do!

"Pretty average job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment
    Good work culture
    Free lunches/perks from vendors
    Rising Fortune 500 company (resume builder)
    Encourages time for projects outside of day to day duties

Cons

Benefits are pretty minimum. Standard 2 weeks off per year and expensive health insurance.
    "Tech" company that is very old school and rigid in its ways.
    Inflexible hours with mandatory hour for lunch.
    Not much room to advance - company highly encourages lateral moves but if that means minimal pay raises then that's a no for me.
    Inflexible in where you work from. I live in Chicago where we have an office and hardly need to collaborate with me team in Lincolnshire but still need to drive there every day (could be an individual manager thing and I knew that when I took the job so can't complain too much)

Advice to Management

I recently had a manager ask me what young workers are looking for and i really feel that cdw misses the mark on a lot of these. In my opinion younger workers are looking for flexibility, good work to life ratio, good experienced coworkers to learn from, and opportunities to move up within the organization. Cdw does a lot of things well but because it's rather inflexible, pay is low relative to industry standards, and promotion opportunities aren't really there I don't see myself staying here long term

"CDW Sales"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at CDW (More than a year)

Pros

I have had two surgeries in less that two months and my managers and have been supportive through the entire process.

Great training program. Candidates with no sales or technology background, but have a willingness to explore new opportunities can be very successful at CDW.

Cons

Processes can always be improved. Sometimes it's a challenge to find answers. A mentor program for new employees should be considered. It can be intimidating asking questions when it interrupts coworkers. This should be included after on boarding.

10. "Culture?!? Values?!? Compassionate?!? NOT!!!"

Current Employee - Configuration Technician in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Configuration Technician in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They toss you a bone (donuts or ice cream) every so often to raise your sugar levels to meet the quota - they call it daily productivity. That's all the employees (coworkers) worry about here. Everyone's so paranoid about their productivity. More work and very, very, very low salary.

Cons

No compassion nor sympathy... A coworker took a few days off for the loss of his father. He came back and got no sympathy card from us or wish of condolences from any coworker because the manager didn't bother to spread the word (did not care) - it was a need to know basis I guess... I felt bad for the dude who decided to come back to work after a couple of days - the dude was still in mourning... Wow!

Another instance, another coworker fell ill in the warehouse and had to be rushed to the E.R. He told me that he called his manager a few hours from the hospital to let him know that they were gonna keep him for a few days. And I was not surprise when he told me these exact words from a Manager -
     "Who's this?.. oh Ok I know who you are, so what?... You know what, don't call me again!.. If you need to speak to someone here, call H.R. click" That's CDW Management in a nut shell. So sad that I've already got interviews from other companies. I can't wait to get out of here.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't be surprised if the Department of Labor would be do a surprise visit and find out what you guys are running here - slave sweatshop (warehouse). Pls let it be tomorrow if not soon.

Showing 1,459 of 1,510 reviews