CNA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional and easy with very nice people. Only behavioral questions and no technical ones. Tour around the office and then three back to back interviews. Asked a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to convince other people to agree with your choice.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone processed was quick and thorough. Very professional from hr person in Chicago. Passed phone interview, and HR person referred me to the underwriting director, said I will hear from him in a few days. I never did. After multiple phone calls, and emails, no follow up from HR person.Follow up is terrible. It just so happened, this same HR person had referred me back in October of 2014 for a 2nd interview and I never heard back. Glad I have a job and was not waiting on this one possibility. I was trying to relocated to FLORIDA.

Interview Questions

• Underwriting experience-behavioral interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNA.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on-site interview. Behavioral questions about leadership, communication, challenges etc. Name a time...

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How were you able to persuade them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Asked for a specific number and was pretty much told to take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Reading, PA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by a face to face interview with hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your past decisions. Other questions regarding what you know about the company and why you want the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was nowhere near the amount I put on the application. HR refused to negotiate. Never experienced anything like it. Almost declined the offer because the recruiter was so rude

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNA (Maitland, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online recv'd email for phone interview, then f2f with 2 managers. The f2f interview lasted only 20 minutes where managers seemed sort of interested. I was told that I would recv feedback from recruiter and also they were not sure of how soon they would decide. A month later never heard back and contacted hr recruiter to ask status of interview and position. HR is very unprofessional because to date after 2 months never recv'd a response for position. Mind you the same HR whom I contacted requesting if it was ok to apply for more than one positions and the same person responded immediately but never responded on status of position to date. I am sure by now it is clear I did not get the job but as a large company have some professionalism and contact applicants who took the time to ...prepare mentally, went and have an interview out of their day. Regardless whether it be we are the ones in need.

Interview Questions

• On your last review tell me some thing you were ask to work on?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

Interview

Recruiter called me for a phone screen and then scheduled me for a 1on1 interview. After a week later I had another interview with the manager of operations. Was supposed to receive feed back from recruiter and next steps but received non.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNA in October 2015.

Interview

6 questions. Not very useful. Basically wanted me to know how difficult the job was by answering questions that I never asked. Two people interviewed me and they were courteous but they were not realistic as to what my resume showed in comparison to what the job required.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.The interview process was a phone screen by the Talent Acquisition Rep. Then a interview set up by HR with the Director and Manager. One asked questions related to my resume and the other went over the job in details.1 week later w/ offer. I was given a few days to get drug testing done with a email from HR to get new hire paperwork in. Three days later my background cleared with drug testing and was give final welcome letter from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why CNA Insurance? What are your strengths and weakness? If offered a position with CNA where would you like to be in a couple years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Reading, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

A team of 7 interviewed me asking behavioral based questions. I generally interview well and this was my toughest interview yet. One person would ask a question and depending on how I answered there would be a follow up question.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNA (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

First a phone screening by HR, going over the resume. Then a face to face with the hiring AVP. Very little technical content. Almost all questions were about relationship management with the business customers and working with difficult people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with one of your peers.   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CNA in April 2013.

Interview

East coast office was looking for a law clerk. Interviewed: loved the office, environment, employees, management. Everything was set: just needed to get the paperwork in order. And, of course, Corporate got involved. It went down hill from there. The third party background check company never stopped asking, verifying, asking again... nearly ten years back. Then CNA's Corporate HR management asked me for W-2s to verify my salary from 8 years before. Then they called the previous companies to verify salary information. After more than a month of this, I received an email from the Corporate Director of Employee Relations, Erin Hitchcock, an attorney no less, saying they were no longer pursuing my candidacy. Really? Maybe someone should have told the office who intended to hire me. Or the third party screening company who continued to verify my information. And, a month of intensive time spent by corporate and a third party screening company invested on a law clerk position?
    The reason for not pursiung my candidacy was illegal and discriminatory. With ethically compromised corporate management, I would not want to be associated with CNA. I feel sorry for those who work there and are at the mercy of inept CNA leadership.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the discrepancy between your stated 2008 salary (in 2013) and that of your W-2 reported earnings?   1 Answer

I was offered the job by the east coast office. Corporate opted to not pursue my candidacy. The salary was VERY LOW, but I liked the people in the office and wanted experience. Once I had dealings with corporate, I knew I would not have been able to work in such an ethically-challenged organization.