KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 876 of over 1,054 reviews

3.6
CNA Chairman and Chief Executive Officer  Dino Robusto
Dino Robusto
Pros
  • "This company has a good work life balance with PTO and sick time package provided(in 77 reviews)

• "Large company with good benefits(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work-life balance is not consistent across organization(in 37 reviews)

• "Upper Management were apathetic and greed driven(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about CNA

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CNA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Certified nurse assistant

Dec 14, 2021 - Consultant in Baytown, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to spread your love to people who actually need it and deserves it. While building friendship and personal relationships with you patients, you grow as a person because there's a lot you see in a nursing home.

Cons

The only con I ran into was the earliest morning shifts.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Major Challenges and Low Morale- management needs to value people and understand people are going to burn out

Jan 13, 2022 - Risk Control
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work. Self Directed. Some very experienced colleagues. Clients are often very understanding of services and want resources. Most managers are not micro-managing, but they are stretched. New virtual work group might me pro for people that want to not go in the field, but I heard they were overwhelmed with work and turnaround times were not realistic. Time will tell. Performance goals are clearly identified, although hard to hit unless you work long hours. Seemed to handle cyber attack well considering the impact and seriousness when it occurred.

Cons

Systems are very complicated. This is a major reason risk control employees are unhappy. No consistency, no time savings, errors constantly happening. Information from other departments does not align with system. Constantly having to go in and “fix” incorrect or missing information. Frustrating. Work load and capacity is not at all reasonable and not everyone understands how to do their role to begin with. Numerous open positions not being filled. A recent re-organization has not been well received as teams divided and new roles not meeting expectations. Benefits like high deductible health care program not the greatest as expensive, new providers at last open enrollment for healthcare and prescriptions as I was exiting so unknown if that is a pro or con. Company was pushing vaccination cards and this was an issue for some people. Unknown how that is progressing. No clear path to promotion for many. As they are having difficulty filling positions they seem to need to keep employees in their roles as they cannot fill behind them. A lot of newer underwriters and they need time to develop. They are under constant pressure to write business. Very short lead time to schedule prospects is common and frustrating. It is hard to service accounts as rush work orders come up constantly.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of leadership turnover, minimal internal development opportunities.

Nov 27, 2021 - Director in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, 401k match, Underwriting Department

Cons

The most “clicky” place I have ever worked at. I stuck by my morals and beliefs and ultimately it cost me my job: horrible HR/ER engagement. In about 3 years that I worked there we had over 6 leaders in charge of operations and all directors were turned over in that 3 year span as well. Broken promotion promises. I couldn’t innovate or support my customers because I couldn’t staff when I needed to. I upset the wrong person and suffered as a result even when that leader changed organizations within the company. She made sure she did everything possible to move me out. Great Company, but horrible middle management.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

BA

Jan 12, 2022 - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

stable job for execs but no one else

Cons

nice office by the subway

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Claim Operations

Nov 2, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, solid reputation, competitive pay and compensation

Cons

Technology is outdated but as with most people, I didn't leave because of the job, I left because of my manager.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience

Nov 17, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for CNA

Cons

Their process is a bit slow

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Nov 5, 2021 - Operations Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Room for growth -Supportive management -Always learning

Cons

-Health insurance isn't the greatest

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CNA national employee review

Oct 15, 2021 - Accounts Payable Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and environment. Yearly performance reviews for opportunity to receive a raise.

Cons

Sometimes understaffed and overtime is needed every month.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hello

Oct 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid benefits and PTO plan, average pay

Cons

Downsizing, and traditional way of thinking

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Like night and day

Aug 31, 2021 - Insurance Underwriter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in corporate insurance for close to 9 years. This is by far the best place I have worked. Supportive management that trusts you to work and empower you to be successful.

Cons

Online quoting system is a little out of date and crashes a lot. It will be upgraded in the next 2 years but until then, it can be hard to release a quote.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 876 Reviews
    </>Embed

CNA Reviews FAQs

63% of CNA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CNA 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with CNA Job Seekers