COTG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

COTG Interview Questions

Interviews at COTG

2.6

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COTG.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a call back within 12 hours. A phone interview was scheduled, and I never received a call. They reached out and apologized for the prior interview "running over on time". We rescheduled and I again never received a call. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at COTG (Itasca, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a recruiter, then an in-person interview at the office in Itasca. Incredibly kind people everywhere in the office. Everyone seemed diligent about their work but happy. After an interview with the VP of sales, an hour of shadowing with a current employee.

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing a career in sales?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think you could do this job better than another candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter reached out for a 10-20 minute phone interview, then they send you a personality test. This is easy if you can keep the same answers, as they ask you a similar question 10 different ways. Then you meet with the VP for an in person interview. This was a great experience and they love people who are willing to CALL. There is a vast emphasis on the willingness and ability to CALL people. Im sure there is face to face client prospecting as well, but a vast amount of appointments/demos come from making calls. Then you shadow a rep for an hour. My rep seemed very unhelpful and just going through the motions. It was a Friday and he was coasting until he could leave (after the phone block) to either see clients or go home. He answered any question I had to the best of his ability, but he was extremely unhelpful in "selling me on the job"

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at COTG.

Interview

Phone screen with Talent Acquisition followed up by in-person interview with hiring manager. Very promising and was advised by the hiring manager that I would be notified either way. Had to chase down the TA multiple times over email and phone. Was lucky enough to have a conversation where I was given extremely positive feedback and was told I would hear soon. Then it was radio silence and I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Asked by the hiring manager what my salary requirements were.   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very laid back. They called me into their office on the day they were showing off their products. They then had me shadow one of their employees for a while. I listened while he made cold calls

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at COTG in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR recruiter a few weeks after I submitted my online application. A date and time was set. HR recruiter called and allowed one ring but call either got cut off or she hang up. I called twice and left message but no response. I emailed but no response. I found another HR member so I reached out trying to find out what happened. I finally got an email from the recruiter who claimed she got busy but she will contact me soon. I never heard back. I was so disappointed with how she handled it. I hope it's not a reflection of the company but it turned me off despite the company's good reviews.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get the opportunity to be interviewed at least.   Answer Question

COTG Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your comments about your experience with our recruiting team.
    Our goal is provide a great candidate experience, and we missed this time. Our recruiter’s attempts Mis-connected with you several times. We do hope that you will apply for another position so that we can provide you with our typical candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process went well. Interviewed with two different individuals. Afterwards, I shadowed an Account Executive for 2hours. He was very helpful in describing a day to day life on the job. The employees were all very young and I felt there was a very competitive atmosphere.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COTG (Bolingbrook, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

A two-stage interview process with one of the executives. Not terribly difficult questioning but they do weigh each question heavily. I paused on where I see myself in 5 years but they were ok with that. Overall not too bad

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview two days after applying online. Once at the office everyone was very friendly, and I met with a lady and a man.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at COTG (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied Online got a call a few days later from the HR dept, he asked me a few pre questions regarding my background and experience with excel. After passing the phone interview he sent me a personality/IQ type test from the Chally Group. Once I passed that, the next day he set me up an interview with the accounting manager. Once I got there the guy from the HR dept came out and greeted me which I thought was very nice, we spoke for a bit and he asked me did I have any questions about the company. When I checked in, I noted they had already interviewed 6 other candidates for this position, which I didn't like, because I felt it should've been narrowed down more before asking people to take time off and drive the distance. They told me they had more. The accounting manager gave me some background and info on the company and the position and asked me more questions about how my background related to the position. All questions were general in nature. She looked like she was getting tired of interviewing honestly. We wrapped up the interview and they said they will let you know either way. I emailed the HR guy after 7 days, he never responded and they reposted the position under the new name of staff accountant. All I wanted was a response.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel
      How is your commute
      What do you know about COTG
      Favorite branch of accounting