COTG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at COTG

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COTG (Bolingbrook, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

A two-stage interview process with one of the executives. Not terribly difficult questioning but they do weigh each question heavily. I paused on where I see myself in 5 years but they were ok with that. Overall not too bad

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview two days after applying online. Once at the office everyone was very friendly, and I met with a lady and a man.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter reached out for a 10-20 minute phone interview, then they send you a personality test. This is easy if you can keep the same answers, as they ask you a similar question 10 different ways. Then you meet with the VP for an in person interview. This was a great experience and they love people who are willing to CALL. There is a vast emphasis on the willingness and ability to CALL people. Im sure there is face to face client prospecting as well, but a vast amount of appointments/demos come from making calls. Then you shadow a rep for an hour. My rep seemed very unhelpful and just going through the motions. It was a Friday and he was coasting until he could leave (after the phone block) to either see clients or go home. He answered any question I had to the best of his ability, but he was extremely unhelpful in "selling me on the job"

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at COTG (Itasca, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a recruiter, then an in-person interview at the office in Itasca. Incredibly kind people everywhere in the office. Everyone seemed diligent about their work but happy. After an interview with the VP of sales, an hour of shadowing with a current employee.

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing a career in sales?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think you could do this job better than another candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COTG (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process went well. Interviewed with two different individuals. Afterwards, I shadowed an Account Executive for 2hours. He was very helpful in describing a day to day life on the job. The employees were all very young and I felt there was a very competitive atmosphere.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COTG.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out to you for phone interview, then in person interview with recruiter, then you meet with your future manager as well as have a ride day with a current rep. The final interview is a panel interview where you give a presentation and speak with the panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will not negotiate much on base salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at COTG (Itasca, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Step 1) Phone interview with recruiter. Step 2) 1:1 interview Step 3) Ride Day /Interview (this is an all- day affair from 8am-5pm). Step 4).Panel Interview/ Presentation

In addition, two assessments are required. The first one is a prerequisite of the 1:1 interview. It takes approximately 10 minutes. The second is required prior to step 3, and it takes around 45 minutes. It is referred to as the “Chally Assessment.”

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: Tell me about yourself, tell me about an obstacle you overcame, How can you apply your experince to this position, what do you know about our company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at COTG (Bolingbrook, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview, personality test, in person interview

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at COTG in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR recruiter a few weeks after I submitted my online application. A date and time was set. HR recruiter called and allowed one ring but call either got cut off or she hang up. I called twice and left message but no response. I emailed but no response. I found another HR member so I reached out trying to find out what happened. I finally got an email from the recruiter who claimed she got busy but she will contact me soon. I never heard back. I was so disappointed with how she handled it. I hope it's not a reflection of the company but it turned me off despite the company's good reviews.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get the opportunity to be interviewed at least.   Answer Question

COTG Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your comments about your experience with our recruiting team.
    Our goal is provide a great candidate experience, and we missed this time. Our recruiter’s attempts Mis-connected with... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at COTG.

Interview

Phone screen with Talent Acquisition followed up by in-person interview with hiring manager. Very promising and was advised by the hiring manager that I would be notified either way. Had to chase down the TA multiple times over email and phone. Was lucky enough to have a conversation where I was given extremely positive feedback and was told I would hear soon. Then it was radio silence and I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Asked by the hiring manager what my salary requirements were.   Answer Question