Capco Associate Talent Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Associate Talent Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with one phone interview, then they gauge whether or not to send you to the Assessment Center Day. Standard behavioral phone screening.

Assessment Center Day- you get a budget to book your plane and flights, unfortunately you have to front this money yourself and your reimbursement may take months as there is no confirmation on the status of your reimbursement. At the assessment center day, you start off with a little mingling, they try to have current analysts tell you how much they love their jobs, their social life etc. etc.

1st round, rapid fire questions and you'll rotate to different associates every minute or two, I believe there are at least 6 people in this rapid fire. Mix of behavioral questions, preposterous case questions (how many windows are in this office? if you buy a coconut for $3 and sell for $2 how can you make a profit?, how many credit cars are in the world right now? What US state would you get rid of?) Walk me through your resume, y'know standard stuff.

2nd round, an email summarizing activity, which is timed.

3rd round, group case interview. Had a pretty dumb group to be honest, so I guess you can pray to the grouping gods to get a team that has done a case.

Tips: bring in your phone to the interview process, use the whiteboard during the case, and keep time with your phone even though the front desk lady will keep insisting that you don't.

Overall, pretty bizarre process, I hope that this recruitment tactic has helped them find associates they like the phone screening process was a breeze and it feels a bit too easy to get a crack at the assessment center day. Didn't feel like it was a legitimate process, senior members definitely love their jobs.

One thing I did not like was that there was a timeline given at the end of the interview process, but never an email which indicated whether or not you got the role. Out of courtesy, I would expect some sort of answer. So for the lack of communication there, as well as an unreasonably shallow interview procedure, I'd have to say that this is definitely a company that needs to work on its recruitment.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Capco’s Associate Talent Program interview process - we appreciate your feedback.

We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was not enough... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online
    This was a pretty standard process. I just applied online, but also had an employee refer me to HR. It took about a month for them to get back to me.

Step 2: Phone Interview
    This was a very casual conversation with the recruiter about why I wanted to join the firm, past experiences, walk me through your resume.

Step 3: Assessment Center Day
    About 40 minutes later I got an email saying I was invited to the Assessment Center Day. it was composed of 3 parts
    1) An 'Etray' exercise like activity. Basically it's a role playing activity in which you need to respond to a variety of emails and identify risks/issues/ and action items
    2) A variety of "rapid fire' questions with partners and principals. These included things like "If a rooster lays an egg which way will it fall? left or right?" a variety of market sizing questions like "the number of people riding the metro at 8:30" and a variety of industry questions like "whats industry trends do you see in FS?"
    3) A group case. through the ACD process you spend the time with a group of 4 other individuals. But the group case is the only time you actually interact with them. the case is pretty straight forward and self evident. Our problem was how to develop a small banks digital presence. A group of principals/partners watches you the entire time. And takes notes. it's followed by a 10 minute presentation. where the observes ask questions throughout.

Overall the process was pretty straight forward... I'd say the ACD was a little gimmicky though. The quality of the people I did the case with was also very poor. Many of these had zero to no case experience and that was very obvious.

Interview Questions

• Q: where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Q: What trends/threats do you see in FS?
      Q: General info about Capco, CEO, office locations, etc
      Q: how many lights are in this building?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, mostly behavioral. Went to Assessment Center Day two weeks later. The rapid fire questions were not so bad as I had heard about and the interviewers were actually pretty nice. Then there's an email drafting activity and a group case. The case performance really depends on your team quality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then went to New York for a final round. There were 3 rounds to the final interview. The first was 6 five minute rotations of rapid fire interview questions. They are a mix of company, estimation, and brain teaser questions mostly. The second part they give you a packet of emails about a project and you have 20 min to write an email summarizing the project. The last part is a group case study that you then present at the end.

Interview Questions

• how many lightbulbs are in this building? How long would it take to put 50,000 books on shelves? Who is the CEO?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Superday involved 4 different exercises. Started with email writing, following which was a case study. Then you had a speed interview exercise where they asked consulting like questions and about the company. Finally, you had a group exercise of a mock client meeting and proposal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

It took about 2 months total, pretty standard phone screens and interviews. HR was pretty slow at moving along the process and generally vague, but the interviewers generally knew what they were looking for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. The office is beautiful, with incredible views. Even though the rapid fire questions were nerve-wracking, the interviewers were nice and kept stressing that they are not looking for a "right" answer, just how we think.

The assessment day had three parts:
    1. Email activity
    2. Rapid fire questions
    3. Group case studies

Breakfast, lunch, q+a

Interview Questions

• Is you had to update your Facebook status right now, what would you write?   Answer Question