Capco Associate Talent Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed in person on campus. Then was offered the opportunity to go to their super day. Meeting minute note taking interview, followed by a rapid fire challenge (asking random questions looking for your thought process) and a case study challenge. Different that many super days. Goal is to stand out in a team setting in front of other people. Lots of associates around, and everyone was very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

So I applied through my university and was notified that I was selected to interview with Capco. I was away from my school so I had a phone interview with a rep from Capco. They basically asked me to run through my resume and the standard behavioral questions. It was pretty easy on honestly a low-key casual conversation. About two days after the phone interview I was notified that I was invited to New York for the second and final round.

They pay for accommodations (you're given a budget) if you are coming from outside the NY region. I arrived early for the interview and was just waiting in a room with some other. They divided us in groups that we traveled with for the rest of the day. Part 1 was a rapid fire round with three consultants and they just asked questions to see how you operate under pressure. Keep your cool and you'll do fine. Round two we watched a video and had to take notes on the video that we watched. I thought that this was the hardest part as the people talked fast and you are not given anywhere near enough time to write down notes (the point of it all). Part three was a group case study. I had a good group and we worked well together. Note, they watched as my group and I were discussing so be sure to "act". Overall what I expected and a well run day. I just interviewed two days ago and we were told that we would hear the following week.

Interview Questions

• -Newest Capco office location
      -Number of total Capco employees
      -Number of windows in the building
      -Number of people riding the subway in NYC at 6:30 PM
      -Number of credit cards in the world   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Overall process took around 5 weeks. Was referred to Capco. Head recruiter for Associate Talent Program (ATP) reached out and asked for a video interview to be sent in. Next, had a behavioral phone interview and was sent an invitation to the Assessment Center Day (ACD) a few minutes after.

ACD is held in their stunning downtown NYC office. Consisted of a meeting minutes exercise, rapid fire questions, and group case. Overall, the process went smoothly and the Capco employees I encountered were very nice and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The first round was carried out on my school's campus, and it seemed they were determining if you had experience in the financial world or with case presentations.

The second round was in their HQ in NYC. The first part of it was watching a video of a meeting (they had British accents so it made it harder to understand them) and you had 18 mins to take down minutes of it. The second part was the individual questioning. I spent 7-8 minutes each with a 3 associates and while the first minute or two were introductory questions, the rest of the time was brain teaser questions. The third part was a group case, where you were given a case and worked with your group for 25 minutes to put together the presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Fun, fast-paced assessment day NYC (final round). Had a combo on a group case, note-taking exercise from watching a video, and a rapid-fire round of personal questions and brain teasers. I applied through a career fair. Fairly easy process to get to final round. Assessment day was definitely not easy; however, it was very positive. NOTE: during the group case, don't talk over each other! It's also the most heavily weighted part of the interview process, according to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a vegetable, which one would you be?   Answer Question
    • How many people are on the subway at 6:30pm in NYC on Thursday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Go in for their version of a superday at the office. go through 3 rounds of simulations. one is a note taking exercise, a speed round of silly questions that in no way can possibly inform the interviewer of the candidates skills/fit/etc, last is a group case.

Interview Questions

• how many windows are in this building   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's website. I got selected for an interview. I got asked questions mostly about my resume and behavioral questions like: where do you see yourself in 5 years; what is the most creative idea that you have implemented? (I found that one difficult).

Interview Questions

• what is the achievement that you are most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Phoneton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Went pretty well. Had to submit a video answering a few questions, then from there a 30 min behavioral phone call. Recruiter asked typical questions about my resume and background, and then how I heard about the program and why I liked the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
    The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with one phone interview, then they gauge whether or not to send you to the Assessment Center Day. Standard behavioral phone screening.

Assessment Center Day- you get a budget to book your plane and flights, unfortunately you have to front this money yourself and your reimbursement may take months as there is no confirmation on the status of your reimbursement. At the assessment center day, you start off with a little mingling, they try to have current analysts tell you how much they love their jobs, their social life etc. etc.

1st round, rapid fire questions and you'll rotate to different associates every minute or two, I believe there are at least 6 people in this rapid fire. Mix of behavioral questions, preposterous case questions (how many windows are in this office? if you buy a coconut for $3 and sell for $2 how can you make a profit?, how many credit cars are in the world right now? What US state would you get rid of?) Walk me through your resume, y'know standard stuff.

2nd round, an email summarizing activity, which is timed.

3rd round, group case interview. Had a pretty dumb group to be honest, so I guess you can pray to the grouping gods to get a team that has done a case.

Tips: bring in your phone to the interview process, use the whiteboard during the case, and keep time with your phone even though the front desk lady will keep insisting that you don't.

Overall, pretty bizarre process, I hope that this recruitment tactic has helped them find associates they like the phone screening process was a breeze and it feels a bit too easy to get a crack at the assessment center day. Didn't feel like it was a legitimate process, senior members definitely love their jobs.

One thing I did not like was that there was a timeline given at the end of the interview process, but never an email which indicated whether or not you got the role. Out of courtesy, I would expect some sort of answer. So for the lack of communication there, as well as an unreasonably shallow interview procedure, I'd have to say that this is definitely a company that needs to work on its recruitment.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Capco’s Associate Talent Program interview process - we appreciate your feedback.

We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was not enough... More