Capco Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Capco CEO Lance Levy
Lance Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Quality of work-life balance is great (in 37 reviews)

• Great people throughout the firm with an open and approachable leadership team (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting the work/life balance right can be a challenge initially (in 30 reviews)

• The promotions often go to those who rub shoulders with senior management (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast Growing Boutique"

Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a place that will give back to you what you put into it. If you are a self-motivated, entrepreneurial thinker who loves a challenging day-to-day, Capco is a fantastic place to grow your career.

There are client engagements at every major bank in New York, with plenty of additional opportunity.

The firm has a very young feel to it - lots of energy, creativity and committment.

Cons

Capco is light on infrastructure, intentionally lean. You may find yourself doing some things that are normally done for you at other firms. Put differently, it is a roll-up-your sleeves culture, for better or worse.

Advice to Management

Aggressively pursue the growth strategy with the new independent ownership, and defend the culture at all costs. Capco is a special place to work for all of us.

Sep 13, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review.

It's fantastic to hear how enthusiastic you are about the firm after your 3+ years at Capco. Your passion for Capco comes across clearly in your review and demonstrates... More

2. "Great onboarding experience!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a new hire, figuring out how to navigate within a new organization can sometimes be challenging. However, as a new hire my transition into Capco was probably one of the best I've every experienced at a new company. On my first day I already had the first week laid out with a proper induction plan. Sessions were scheduled in advance over the course of the week, along with contacts to meet and connections already made the minute I walked in the door. I was really impressed with how seamless and easy it was to get acclimated.

Cons

We didn't have technology until the second day, but it's difficult to call that a con as that's still a lot quicker than I've seen in a lot of other places.

Advice to Management

Access to senior people is key for new hires coming in the door. I would just advise that the focus around this continues to be a priority.

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your review, and we are pleased to hear about your experience with Capco as a new joiner.

Setting people up for success when they join the firm is very important to us, and a... More

3. "Software Engineer Intern"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

It was good learning experience.

Cons

There was lots of political drama

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your internship with Capco. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

4. "Associate Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Overall it's a great company to learn and grow. People are friendly and encouraging.

Cons

Overall I have had a satisfactory time at Capco.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employees and make sure they are satisfied on what they do.

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the many opportunities to learn and grow at Capco. We are always open to hearing feedback, and suggestions from employees so... More

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After several rounds of interviews with Big 4/strategy firms, I made the decision to join Capco.
    There is a great culture (teaming, entrepreneurial, straightforward, open door policy) and people at all levels have in depth expertise in the financial services industry.
    Lots of thought leadership & projects in digital strategy, robotics, tech strategy which is the way to go!

Cons

Internal IT could be better, but I heard it will addressed shortly.
    Really not much, I really enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Increase the visibility of the business pipeline to all levels
    Continue focusing on what matters to build the banks of the future

Dec 11, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we are pleased to hear that after your research and interviews with other consulting firms you chose to join Capco.

We are also really excited by the thought... More

6. "Much better than a big four!"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Capco feels different - more edgy and innovative than a traditional big four consultancy. Who wants to work for a big four and deal with all the legacy accountancy dynamic?

Cons

Capco is a fast moving and growing company, which means a few things are self service. But that helps the culture too.

Dec 14, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your great review!

Many of our employees choose to work for Capco rather than one of the larger consulting firms for the reasons you call out and more. The size of Capco means that... More

7. "Feels Like Home"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even before I joined Capco, when I was going through the recruitment process and onboarding process, I have always felt like Capco is a place that cares about their people. I have spent a lot of time at different companies and nothing compares.

I have seen Capco go through significant structural/management changes and they have always made it a priority to keep their fantastic culture and ensure their people are happy.

They enable you to succeed and give you the necessary tools to do so. You will be rewarded for hard work and given the opportunity to succeed. It truly is a place that you get what you put in.

They are very flat. When speaking with the partners, I am treated like a peer. I have built friendships with my coworkers that will last a life time.

They value their clients and sell very interesting work.

Last but not least, the free food and beverages is a plus

Cons

Hard to think of any but the internal technology and platforms could be a bit better. They are making changes though.

And they stopped supplying free Gatorade

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and clients

Provide more transparency into what our parent companies are thinking of and doing with Capco

Dec 14, 2017 – HR

Thanks for such a terrific review, and what a great title! It really sums up why many people come to Capco, and stay as they progress in their career. It's great to hear you talk about Capco's... More

8. "Great company with growth prospects"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco is a consulting company with a difference, 100% focused on financial services, deeper competency than all the Big 4 and similar, clients that know us really value us.

Lots of interesting and transformative work in the digital and data analytics spaces.

Capco is a less known brand name, but is usually much more highly valued than the competition by those who know us well.

Culture is excellent - entrepreneurial, edgy, informal.

Cons

Don't fall for the negative comments about staff augmentation. All large consulting firms do some staff aug, it's the nature of the business. Capco does many interesting projects, and some truly transformational ones.

Work life balance can be a challenge, but depends largely on the client.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with junior consultants to understand their issues and concerns.

Communicate more about the state of the business

Dec 14, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

We fully agree that Capco is unique in lots of ways, which is why many people choose to join. Our niche focus... More

"Don’t be fooled by the fake positive reviews"

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Benefits are good (comp could be better)
    - Some of the people are great (others not so much)

Cons

- Unfair and not transparent review process. The hidden secret is that the reviews don’t really follow the rubric laid out and is only based on what your coach or people above them perceive of you...basically a lot of favorites get played. There have been conversations had about attendance at after-work events in a performance review meeting...absolutely nothing to do with performance on he job
    - Inability to go to HR because some of the leaders in management that you want to complain about are really close to members of HR, and the word will get back to them with your name attached. Needless to say, that type of thing will be held against you
    - Management and many senior officials are out of touch with the people they are responsible for. They hold meetings about how everything is great and how they can’t understand where some of the negativity comes from on Glassdoor. Many of those senior employees have been directed to post positive reviews pretending to be lower level employees

Advice to Management

- The cover-up is worse than the actual crime. Instead of trying to hide what is wrong with Capco, try to actually fix what’s wrong with Capco. Where there is smoke there is fire. People are smart enough to see through the lies and deceit, and when people have spent enough time at Capco, they will see it for what it is and just use Capco as a resume filler.

Dec 13, 2017 – HR

Thanks for the feedback. We are pleased with the recognition for our market-leading benefits package, and the talented people we employ at Capco. However, we are generally disappointed to read your... More

10. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great access to upper management and high quality engagements in DC

Cons

Limited clients in the DC area

Nov 22, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your review, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoy working at Capco.

We have significant relationships with key clients in the DC area, and we are further expanding our presence. To... More