Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
    The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not progress past the phone screen, but the questions were mostly behavioral. They included questions that are typically involved in the consulting recruiting process including those involving team dynamics, working to resolve problems, and also interest in the field. The interviewer also asked me what I foresaw to be the most disruptive or prevalent issue to face the financial industry in the next decade.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially was referred by an employee . Received a phone Call immediately following my application. Phone interview with the Recruiting lead. Invited for ACD interview at the Headquarters in NYC. The best office I have ever been in. The interview was challenging yet you felt accomplished after each task. The company vibe was great and you got to take control of how you wanted to be known and remembered. Definitely would recommend the company off of this experience.

Interview Questions

• There are three phases to the Interview
      Email exercise exam 22 minutes
      Speed interviews 5 min rounds
      Case study and presentation 30 mins

I have heard the experience was different and the questions varied depending on ACD date.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer details were given and then gauged from your reaction. The initial offer was above what I was thinking and so ver satisfied with my decision to sign. Only thing bad is I was expecting a February start date because that was communicated and had to choose between two summer dates. I understood the company's reasoning for the push back but would have just like to have known that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online
    This was a pretty standard process. I just applied online, but also had an employee refer me to HR. It took about a month for them to get back to me.

Step 2: Phone Interview
    This was a very casual conversation with the recruiter about why I wanted to join the firm, past experiences, walk me through your resume.

Step 3: Assessment Center Day
    About 40 minutes later I got an email saying I was invited to the Assessment Center Day. it was composed of 3 parts
    1) An 'Etray' exercise like activity. Basically it's a role playing activity in which you need to respond to a variety of emails and identify risks/issues/ and action items
    2) A variety of "rapid fire' questions with partners and principals. These included things like "If a rooster lays an egg which way will it fall? left or right?" a variety of market sizing questions like "the number of people riding the metro at 8:30" and a variety of industry questions like "whats industry trends do you see in FS?"
    3) A group case. through the ACD process you spend the time with a group of 4 other individuals. But the group case is the only time you actually interact with them. the case is pretty straight forward and self evident. Our problem was how to develop a small banks digital presence. A group of principals/partners watches you the entire time. And takes notes. it's followed by a 10 minute presentation. where the observes ask questions throughout.

Overall the process was pretty straight forward... I'd say the ACD was a little gimmicky though. The quality of the people I did the case with was also very poor. Many of these had zero to no case experience and that was very obvious.

Interview Questions

• Q: where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Q: What trends/threats do you see in FS?
      Q: General info about Capco, CEO, office locations, etc
      Q: how many lights are in this building?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question

Associate Training Prorm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university and did an on campus interview and then was invited back for an interview in New York. Overall everyone at Capco was very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working with a team and you ran into a problem.

Tell me about a new idea or product you would create.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two different rounds for Capco. One on-campus and the last at their office in NYC. The interviews were fairly standard with some emphasis on brain-teasers and some mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How many Christmas trees are in a particular day in manhattan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, mostly behavioral. Went to Assessment Center Day two weeks later. The rapid fire questions were not so bad as I had heard about and the interviewers were actually pretty nice. Then there's an email drafting activity and a group case. The case performance really depends on your team quality.

ATP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Came in mostly for a meet and great. Was not an official interview. Everyone seemed very nice. The interview was not too bad. Very nice building located in new York City