Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for Capco's cyber security practice as a senior consultant.

The interview consisted of an initial phone screening done by the recruiter and then went on to 2 phone interviews with a principal consultant and partner.
    After the phone interviews, I was scheduled for an in person at Capco's New York office to meet with a managing partner and principal consultant

The interviews were structured to understand my management consulting experience and skill set. Capco addresses a candidate to understand how they would fit within it's culture and how flexible a candidate is ,given the dynamic environment the company operates in.

Capco works with all the biggest financial services companies in the world and sets up its employees to have top tier experiences when it comes to management consulting.

The whole interview process was excellent and the recruiters are very receptive and hands on. I had an excellent experience at Capco, and would recommend candidates to consider applying to the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you address scoping of an information security management system of a multi national office, who's infrastructure was in the UK but main office was in New York?
      The company wants to limit the audit to it's New York office.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Final round consisted of 3 parts - Q&A, Email Challenge & Case Study - took about 4 hours in the downtown NY office - quite the office by the way!

Interview Questions

• How many hot dog stands are there in Central Park in the middle of August   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two different rounds for Capco. One on-campus and the last at their office in NYC. The interviews were fairly standard with some emphasis on brain-teasers and some mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How many Christmas trees are in a particular day in manhattan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (San Bruno, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online through my college's career website. I subsequently had two on campus interviews with two different consultants. The questions were fairly general and covered behavior, resume, past experience, and the company in general. Both interviewers were pretty nice, but were from the IT Group so I couldn't get much in the way of information about their financial services consulting arm.

For the final round, I traveled to their San Bruno office and interviewed with two partners. The first one asked me a brainteaser and a guesstimate question. Then he asked me what my ideal job (position and company) right after college would be, which I thought was kind of an awkward question. The second partner was more laid back and we talked about my experience and the company itself. I heard back from them with an offer that same week.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you have 10 bags of nails, and each nail weights 10g. You also have a scale upon which you can weigh a combination of the bags or nails from the bags once. You know that one of the bags is off by a certain amount of grams, but you don't know which bag or by how much. How do you find out, with one weighing, which bag it is?   10 Answers
    • How would you estimate the amount (in terms of sales) of ketchup in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Something didn't sit right with the whole experience. The company rents their offices from an office rental company to, as they claim, save on overhead costs but I thought it was a little unprofessional looking. There are backed by a private equity firm, which is a little strange as well. Lastly, their offer was fairly low in base salary but had some pretty good benefits.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

Interview

friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Questions

• fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard package for associate level

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Associate Interview

Interview

It was busy, the office is really incredible and the people were very nice. I had a good time meeting the other ACD candidates and the Capco employees. Overall a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Free food, drinks, and dessert. The employees were incredibly nice and exciting to speak with. Very engaging interview process and cared about how interested you are in the company. I would recommend reaching out to alumni and networking to get a good feel no matter where you end up.

Interview Questions

• What are our four lines of practice   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Interviewed on my university's campus and onsite at the New York location. The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral. During the superday, employees in the position you are applying for judge you throughout the half day(the superday is only 4 hours). There are panels of associates and partners to ask questions, After that, there is a 30 minute speed interview round conducted by 3 interviewers. Next, there is a monitored case where you are given 20 minutes to prepare and give a 10 minute presentation. They ask the participants to reflect.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

on campus- phone interview- acd day- met 1 on 1 with current employees then attended a ACD day that tested your skills and ended in a presentation to management around a case study. overall i felt it tested my skil;s properly