Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Agronomy Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Asked about challenges in our life and how they were solved in a step by step process. The rest seemed conversational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Shawnee Mission, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a thorough, fair interview. They asked me probing questions about past experience, as well as hypothetical question - how I would act in certain scenarios. The interviewers were engaged and asked follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my expectations of the job   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone separately by a human resources professional and the hiring manager. I then submitted copies of my work. Finally, I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers. The process was very professional and enhanced my desire to be hired by the company (I had two other live offers at the time).

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult or "trick" questions. I was asked how I would respond to deadlines and pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate - the offer was standard for the position.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

first you are prescreened by HR. after that you meet with the manager and several members of the team. the process is an all day thing. Cargill utilizes a set of premade questions that are asked in each interview. they say that it is the best way for them to equally evaluate candidates side by side.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had more work than time to finish it. what did you do?   Answer Question

Lead Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cargill (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was conducted in person by the assistant hr manager, I would say it was done professionally, I was provided with a short history of the company and benefits offered.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Three interviews, was not organized at all. Some people asked me the same questions. Questions were mostly about my past work experience and how I could apply those skills working for Cargill. Had to pass a physical (to see if I was physically fit enough for the job, like lifting items, shoveling, hand/eye coordination, etc.) and a drug screen. Everyone was nice, but they acted like they would rather be somewhere else than interviewing.

Interview Questions

• I had to remember how I handled certain types of situations. They also asked some questions to find out what I would do if something happened. Had to arrange tasks in order of importance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I had to accept what was offered

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Waukesha, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with Director and Manager of the department. Interview process went well. Both were very descriptive of expectations that were suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want this job having no industry experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went well. Fair.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview was simple. Asked about work experience and why I wanted to leave my current job. Then they bring you in for an in person interview. Lasted about an hour. First half of the interview is with three people. Then they bring in three more people and you interview with them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

good

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of in-person interviews. Unclear who the hiring manager was. Seemed to be hiring for two different roles but that was not made clear by recruiter. Long process from initial phone screen to final offer was about 2.5 months.