Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

R&D Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

An on campus 30 minute screening process with focus on technical projects and a couple of HR questions like why are you interested?
    If you clear this, you are invited for an on site interview - 45 min seminar followed by three 45 min interviews and lunch.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me, one from HR and one being a engineer. They were both very attentive and responsive. Behavioral questions were asked then they prompted me to ask them any questions I may have.

FSQR Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

All right, it is not a bad experience, however, it requires preparation. Please be ready to answer all questions. Do some research before interviewing. It can be hard if you do not search and pepare .

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly smooth and took about 2 months from application to starting date. The process started with a phone screening with the hiring manager, we covered basic questions about why the interest and initial reasons for fit. The phone screening I believe was more about fit, filling out the picture already framed in by the resume. The in person interview consisted of 4 people, an hour each; it was very scripted and well organized but seemed almost cold. Later on I found most interviewers stick to the corporate questions because HR has compiled a detailed list of situational based questions. Afterwards the typical offer and negotiations ensued.

Commodity Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Met at the college career fair. Was asked to apply online and complete the online assessment. Heard back a week later about first round behavioral based Skype interview. After the Skype interview, was called later that day for final round talent day invitation. Flew the candidates out to Minneapolis for final round interview. Had three 1-on-1 interviews with senior traders with all behavioral and experience related questions. Was called back 2 days later with an offer.

FSQR Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview from Costa Rica office. Nice interviewer, just has trouble understanding her at times. My in person interview was scheduled for a few days later. They reimbursed for all travel expenses to interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodge City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Dodge City, KS).

Interview

No interview process they hire anyone willing to work. At the interview they ask for your info that's it. Like social security the places you worked before and that's all they ask pretty much and you're hired.

Project Management Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cargill (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, was called for an interview later that night, and interviewed the next day. The interviewer was friendly and was the same person I spoke to at the career fair. I could see the notes they took on my at the career fair, so that sparked some nerves and uncertainty.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a differing perspective with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation where you had to make a difficult decision. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, one at my university, and the second at the R&D offices in Minneapolis. Both were with R&D scientists and only the first round included technical questions.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting interview. Basic behavioral questions and plenty of time to ask the interviewers questions. Overall good experience, nothing far from the norm. There were two people who interviewed me and they were both very nice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when the requirements for a project changed   Answer Question