Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.4

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical Online application process:
    Online application followed by 1 day On -Site Interview which include 5 one on one interviews ,1 panel interview and 1 presentation.IT was a new grad position for Design Verification position.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Digital Design (CDC and FIFO) , LOGIB DESIGN
      Questions of Functional Verification - System Verilog /Verilog/UVM/Verification philosophy
      Questions on C and perl/python basics
      Questions on Basic Electrical concepts from micro-controllers basic blocks to some basic RC cricuits ,ASIC flow
      Questions on projects   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor, received email to schedule a phone call with the company recruiter (15 minutes) waited about 1 month for the phone interview with the VP (30 minutes), and then 2 weeks for the half-day onsite interview. The schedule interviews were arranged by emails. One interviewer was well prepared with printed technical questions!

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you solved.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two telephonic interviews and a face to face interview. The questions were technical and unconventional but they helped me get through the answers. No point trying to answer if you don't know them. More questions were from the digital designing field.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite interview. The onsite interview included two 1:1 interviews, each 30 minutes, as well as a 30 minute panel interview, and an individual debrief/conversation with the hiring manager. The process takes quite a while for only having two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how you would go about designing a process workflow? How would you ensure its accuracy and completeness?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

the interview process, like everything with Cypress is well documented and follows a strict process. It started with two phone reviewes by hiring managers, then a series of face to face interviews including a group interview with technical questions.

New College Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Lengthy - multiple interviewers, including 3 people at once. Keep energy up. Visit the web site and know something about the products. Read and understand core values plus good to check out CEO blog. This is a very culture driven company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver to schedule on something you committed? What was it, what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions. Asked some project experience on my resume and how do they relate to the position. They also talked about the company culture and asked the question about it.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them in career fair and just after that i got a call from them for an interview. Interview was scheduled for next day. Interview lasted for good 35 mins and she told me about future steps that's going to follow.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my resume.
      In the end she asked me about semiconductors.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst II Interview

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume on the campus career fair and got a short interview right after that. Then I received a phone call that night told me to go for an interview the next on campus.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to build a model to calculate the price composition of a semiconductor product?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to get the total number of a magazine specially provided on all airplanes?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lynnwood, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 3 months later a hiring manager at Cypress contacted me. We spoke on the phone and he asked about my work history, projects, and education. We then scheduled an in person interview.

Prior to the interview I was sent an email with a check list of things I needed to do before hand. There was a questionnaire, which had about 17 personality questions. The time commitment for me was rather significant, nearly four hours. In addition, there was a company info packet that needed to be reviewed. The packet described what the interview process would be like, company history and facts, and benefits (it looked like they had great benefits).

The interview was on par with other interviews I've been to as far as questioning. It had your typical what projects have you worked on, what do you do, why do you want to work for us kind of questions, and some rudimentary technical ones.

The interview however began with a 1-on-1 with the hiring manager, followed by a 1-on-1 with a senior engineer, and ending with a "wolf pack" interview with 3 other staff engineers. As part of their corporate policy, an executive must be a part of the interview process before a final determination is made. However, no one was available for my interview that day. Overall it took the entire morning, from 9-1. At the end the hiring manager kindly asked if I wanted to go to lunch with some of the guys. I had to refuse due to a prior arrangement. He let me know that he'd call me within a few days to try and schedule the executive interview.

What followed was nearly a dozen emails between the hiring manager and a receptionist (administrative associate) attempting to schedule an executive interview, a couple more phone conversations with the hiring manager, a phone interview with an executive, and an additional in person interview with another executive. Through all of which the hiring manager continually asserted I was a top candidate.

Toward the end of my rigmarole of an interview process, I was a bit skeptical about taking the position and it might've shown. At one point I had considered the troubles they were having was part of an exercise to see how much I would put up with... I had also considered that the issues they were having communicating and scheduling activities internally, might reflect how day to day operations would be executed -- poorly scheduled/planned, continually changing, up in the air, etc.

But my overall feeling was that it was your typical corporation, with some real genuine, good people working there.

Interview Questions

• In C, how do you set, clear, and invert bits.   Answer Question
    • Some questions about interrupts and what you need to be aware of when using them.   Answer Question
    • In C, write a function that accepts the parameters of an int pointer and it's length, and returns the average of the int pointer (array).   Answer Question
    • Some basic electrical fundamental questions with voltage dividers and op amps.   Answer Question
    • If you were a bumper sticker, what would you say?   Answer Question