Delta Dental Plans Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.7

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I sent in my resume and received a call scheduling an in-person interview with the supervisor for the position. That interview went very well. Subsequently, I was called back back to meet with many others in the company. I connected with all of them but one. That one treated me more disrespectully than I have ever been treated in an interview. After speaking with her, I did not have any expectation of getting an offer since she reported to the person with whom I would have reported. After I left, I sent all of the employees with whom I had spoken a thank you. Two weeks later I emailed the hiring manager and failed to receive a response. I sent a second email and failed to receive the courtesy of a response. A week later, I called and left a voice mail message and failed to receive a call back. It took over 4 week after my second in-person interview to receive a rejection. I had been interested in the position and wish the hiring manager had questioned the motives of the person that treated me disrespectfully during the interview.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association.

Interview

After submitting an online application I was called by an HR rep and asked a couple basic questions (How I found the job, why I applied, etc.). At the end of the phone call was asked to come in prior to being interviewed to take an Excel test, and after passing that you take a basic Accounting Test. After passing both an interview was scheduled the following week.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Who do you look up to? What qualities do you share with this individual? What qualities don't you share with this individual?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been fired or asked to leave from a previous job?   Answer Question
    • Do you use the 10-key or top row of numbers on the keyboard?   Answer Question

Group Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Garden City, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

It was good. They asked a lot of questions related to the job and I answered them to the best of my ability. I met with four different people from the company. The direct manager, her boss and two people currently in the role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went very well, got am email about in person interview shortly after. In person interview was 2 days later. Found out this am i didnt get the job. Heartbroken

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went out of your way to assist a customer   Answer Question

Senior Java/Microservices Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 hour of technical phone screening followed by 3 hrs of onsite interview.

Technical screen is full of in depth java technical questions.
    Was not offered the position as they were looking for candidates with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Current project details
      Design questions
      Few technical questions   Answer Question

Clerical Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association.

Interview

Woman was extremely rude and insulted me; was very snotty and condescending; gave the impression that she thought that she was better than anyone. Arrogant, condescending, insulting, rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• specific questions regarding private information of my present job   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association.

Interview

It was as thorough interview process for my job. I first met with my immediate manager. Then I met with the VP of the department. Finally, I met the Chief Marketing Officer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my process for acquiring and retaining clients.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Farmington Hills, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter calls you and goes over your work history and schedules you to come in for testing. After successfully passing the test; you are scheduled for an interview. You meet with the hiring manager then the director of the department. A week later I was contacted to verify work history. I then a week later I received an email that I wasn't selected. I had a good interview and didn't embellish my resume so Im not sure why I wasn't selected.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Delta Dental is the absolute worst! I am unsure if the leaders or "corporate" is fully aware but slavery is DEAD. About 8 months ago one of their recruiters contacted me about an instructional designer position. Mind you that I have more than 8 years experience. She advised that the turn around was quick. They brought me in to interview on a Wednesday and called me on my drive home to come in the next day for the second interview! After that, several months went by and I did not hear from them at all. I even sent a follow up email- nothing. Fast forward 6 months later, I get a call from the same recruiter to interview for the same position. At this point I am curious to see what even happened. They went in a different direction is what I was told. I agree to interview again with the same manager about my same resume and my same experience. They request that I come in for the second interview the following week and I agree. I then interview with the same additional 2 people. It was such a waste of my time. One month and about 2 weeks later they call to extend an offer of 49k mind you the national average is 53k and the metro atl average is about 71k or so. Like anyone in corporate, you negotiate or at least try. I spoke with the recruiter asking at least for the average salary. Three weeks later she calls me and says they will not budge on salary. Then she says that they rescinded the entire offer!! What a colossal waste of my time and efforts! These people do not respect or care about others!!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to accept a salary that was way below market!!   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Dental Plans Association in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online last week and get an email from the recruiter. We set a schedule for a phone screening, but she NEVER called me. I was prepared and waiting for her call, and so I followed up sending her an email and leaving her a voice message. I also emailed her back today again, but she never responded.

This shows how unprofessional and irresponsible they are. I wont' follow her up again and will decline the offer.