Design Within Reach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Design Within Reach Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Called in for an interview with the Studio Lead and Proprietor. Very nice, asked appropriate questions. Made me feel comfortable. Called back for a second interview much shorter than the first.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy and comfortable. The person interviewing was nice and helpful, made me feel at ease and therefore was able to answer the questions the way I intended to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to the studio for an in person interview. I met with the Studio Lead for an hour and discussed my experience and qualifications, but much of the interview was spent explaining how the role and the company operated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DWR and/or in the design industry?   Answer Question
    • How would you begin finding business on your first day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I wasn't able to have a hiring process because the hiring manager kept blowing me off. She missed our call two times only later to say they had already filled the position. Awful and unprofessional.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

I had to meet with the store manager and then set up another interview with the area manager ( regional) the interview was pretty easy. They asked about prior experience, sales & design experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Paramus, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was your typical, call you to set up the first interview, then call you back, for a second interview, with your bosses, boss. I only had to come back for two interviews, luckily.

Interview Questions

• Your previous work experience-expessing more then a average interest in the world of Design.   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Stamford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

Put in contact with HR through a personal connection. Scheduled an interview with 2 buying/merchandising team members in Stamford, CT. Was told to prepare a presentation on the online bedroom assortment.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions and self assessment test. Kind and personable interviewer. Interviewer was enthusiastic about company and interview and made me feel comfortable. Took about one hour total. After interview was given a tour of the showroom and was told about the self assessment test. Test takes 25 minutes and there is no right or wrong answer. Interview questions asked about past jobs and what you liked and disliked about them.

Interview Questions

• What are did you like most about your last job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Stamford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied, and then about 3 days later a recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had an on-site interview with the two managers of the department in which I applied to intern. They emailed back an acceptance about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

Probably one of the most interesting interviews I've ever had. Excellent questions are asked during the interview process in order to ensure that you are the adequate candidate. The environment in the interview is very real and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was what was my passion - the way it was asked didn't make me feel comfortable since they weren't too detailed on whether it was for work related purposes or outside of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. The offer was more than expected.