Design Within Reach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Design Within Reach

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Oxnard, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

In person interview with the general manager and the sales lead. Second interview was over the phone with the regional manager. I received a call a week later with an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Stamford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied, and then about 3 days later a recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had an on-site interview with the two managers of the department in which I applied to intern. They emailed back an acceptance about a week or so later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview then two in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were very pleasant and ended up being fun conversations rather than an interview. I also got to tour around with one of the current interns and ask her about the company and the culture.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Stamford, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial HR screen. Afterwards onsite interview with Direct VP, two other managers and the CEO and President of Company. Very simple behavioral interview process. There were no questions that surprised me.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you use data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Dallas, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

One sit down interview with the proprietor and showroom manager.

After an hour of speaking with the proprietor, he said that he would get the process rolling with HR which includes a personality/sales test. After two weeks of no response, and numerous follow up attempts I was told that they were "going in a different direction." When I asked for feedback, he repeated his very unprofessional response. The lack of follow up and feedback is extremely disconcerting and I would not recommend this process to anyone. While the showroom is lit well and the furniture is attractive, the management seemed brusk and unconcerned with employee success.

Interview Questions

• What's your sales style? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

2 interviews and a test. You must have an understanding of what DWR is, and basic understanding of the process of purchasing furniture. You must have and understanding of sales in general.

Interview Questions

• My expectations of job
      selling technique
      How would I create business   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I wasn't able to have a hiring process because the hiring manager kept blowing me off. She missed our call two times only later to say they had already filled the position. Awful and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to the studio for an in person interview. I met with the Studio Lead for an hour and discussed my experience and qualifications, but much of the interview was spent explaining how the role and the company operated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DWR and/or in the design industry?   Answer Question
    • How would you begin finding business on your first day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

I was surprised that I was intereviewed for 30 minutes, not really asked any standard questions, not asked for any references, I was actually asked more about a former boss and if she would like ajob here as well. I was told later that I was hired on not because the Studio needed more people but because the Interviewer didn't want to pass me up.

Interview Questions

• None - I had more difficult interviews for internships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions and self assessment test. Kind and personable interviewer. Interviewer was enthusiastic about company and interview and made me feel comfortable. Took about one hour total. After interview was given a tour of the showroom and was told about the self assessment test. Test takes 25 minutes and there is no right or wrong answer. Interview questions asked about past jobs and what you liked and disliked about them.

Interview Questions

• What are did you like most about your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick interview screen with hiring manager. Then came in studio for about an hour long interview. Very basic "tell me about a time when...." questions. The hiring manager was very friendly and good conversationalist.