Design Within Reach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Design Within Reach Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I wasn't able to have a hiring process because the hiring manager kept blowing me off. She missed our call two times only later to say they had already filled the position. Awful and unprofessional.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

I had to meet with the store manager and then set up another interview with the area manager ( regional) the interview was pretty easy. They asked about prior experience, sales & design experience, etc.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Paramus, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was your typical, call you to set up the first interview, then call you back, for a second interview, with your bosses, boss. I only had to come back for two interviews, luckily.

Interview Questions

• Your previous work experience-expessing more then a average interest in the world of Design.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions and self assessment test. Kind and personable interviewer. Interviewer was enthusiastic about company and interview and made me feel comfortable. Took about one hour total. After interview was given a tour of the showroom and was told about the self assessment test. Test takes 25 minutes and there is no right or wrong answer. Interview questions asked about past jobs and what you liked and disliked about them.

Interview Questions

• What are did you like most about your last job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (Stamford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied, and then about 3 days later a recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had an on-site interview with the two managers of the department in which I applied to intern. They emailed back an acceptance about a week or so later.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

Probably one of the most interesting interviews I've ever had. Excellent questions are asked during the interview process in order to ensure that you are the adequate candidate. The environment in the interview is very real and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was what was my passion - the way it was asked didn't make me feel comfortable since they weren't too detailed on whether it was for work related purposes or outside of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. The offer was more than expected.

Warehouse Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

Interview with warehouse manager was adequate. Hiring process was inadequate and there was minimal training on product development and position i was hired for. Management in this location lack integrity, and has no professionalism when it comes to there employees.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Design Within Reach.

Interview

I was surprised that I was intereviewed for 30 minutes, not really asked any standard questions, not asked for any references, I was actually asked more about a former boss and if she would like ajob here as well. I was told later that I was hired on not because the Studio needed more people but because the Interviewer didn't want to pass me up.

Interview Questions

• None - I had more difficult interviews for internships.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Within Reach (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview then two in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were very pleasant and ended up being fun conversations rather than an interview. I also got to tour around with one of the current interns and ask her about the company and the culture.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The Recruiter was very kind and made sure you were fully comfortable. I met with the The Chief of HR who took her business card back after our 45 minute interview together (which is a pure indication that she was not interested). I was scheduled to meet with the Payroll/Benefits Admin afterwards, but was advised that the she had to suddenly reschedule....Really? Do you think that I'm that stupid to buy this story? If this is how the business treats their candidates (especially with this kind of dishonesty), then it's understandable as to why the employees are unhappy based on their negative reviews about this place.