Dropbox Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,201 of over 1,201.0 interviews

Recruiter15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Dropbox

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

There were 4 stages. The process took quite a while even though I continued all the way to the end. Overall, it was a good experience but I do wish the recruiters would be more engaged with you during the process. There were times I wouldn't hear back for a week and a half during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your past experiences and why are you looking to move on?
    Answer Question

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

A lengthy process with several rounds of interviews. Initially, the process moved quickly, but then it took almost a month to get confirmation that they were not going to give me an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Dropbox

Join the conversation on

Tech

205.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Dropbox~415350
Join the conversation on

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Straightforward process, but scheduling was very slow and made it tough to coordinate. They also tended to schedule last minute -- the day before. 1) Call with recruiter 2) Generic first around with PM - product sense 3) Onsite (HM, presentation, product sense, strategy/analytics) I did not do the full process due to time constraints.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in May 2022

Interview

It was a very strange process. The Product Manager would ask me a question, I would spend 1-3 minutes responding, and then there would be awkward silence for another 30 seconds, as if they were hoping I'd continue to speak. Overall, it was very odd and I wouldn't have elected to move forward had I been given the opportunity. It seems like a very weird place to work with a bad culture.

Interview Questions
  • What are three software products you use religiously? Then they proceeded to do a deep dive into how you would improve one of those products.

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Unorganized, was not communicated that there would be someone sitting in. Interviewer had their camera off which felt weird, and they were not able to answer my questions at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Coding technical assessment was sent via the platform called CodeSignal. It had 4 algorithmic questions, ordered from easiest to hardest. There was a 70 minute time limit. After the assessment, a score was generated and sent to Dropbox.

Interview Questions
  • This was a technical assessment to be able to get to a formal interview.

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Only reached the recruiter + hiring manager stages. One thing I will say was that the recruiter I spoke to was incredibly kind! However both calls showed vastly different sides to Dropbox. The hiring manager interview painted a picture of exclusivity of Dropbox design. The hiring manager assured me that only the smartest and best people worked at Dropbox while citing the top universities they came from with pride. There was strong emphasis that design leaders needed to be the top in design craft and the portfolio review would be extremely challenging which is great but also a bit humorous given the belief that only the best can design for file management and storage software.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly questions about managing and building teams and design culture, quality etc.

Dropbox

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Coding and behavioral rounds. Ask you the same useless questions about past projects and coding questions from LeetCode Dropbox tag and GitHub repository insideofdrop/Dropbox-Interview-Prep. Nothing impressive about their culture, the overall process is quite boring and slow

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Es war ein angenehmes Gespräch mit vielen nachfragen. Es wurde vieles allgemeines besprochen. Man konnte auch selbst fragen stellen und sie wurde einem detailliert beantwortet und dass sogar manchmal mit Beispielen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dropbox

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox

Interview

Applied for a Senior Marketing Manager position. I only made it through the first two interview rounds over a period of 1-2 weeks. 1st round. Met the recruiter and I only have good things to say about her. She made the experience really easy going and she brought a lot of energy to the interview. Followed up immediately with next steps to met the hiring manager. 2nd round. Met with the hiring manager. At the beginning of the interview, the hiring manager explain the role, marketing department and marketing goals - she spoke for 20 minutes which was 45% of the interview. I try to relate to her challenges and explain to her that I have had very similar experiences, but she just kept elaborating and I didn’t have many opportunities to talk or contribute. When it came to question portion, she only asked 2-3 questions under 15 minutes. 1. Walk me through your resume and background. 2. What was your most difficult project? She had a hard stop at 45 minutes mark. Leaving only 10 minutes for my questions. I ended the interview with offering to send my portfolio to the hiring manager. When I received my rejection email, I followed up for feedback and still haven’t received anything from the recruiter. Very disappointed as I researched and put a lot of effort to stand out from other candidates - going to the extent of using their products in my portfolio which went unnoticed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,201 Interviews

Dropbox Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Dropbox as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.16 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Dropbox Rotation Program and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Dropbox takes an average of 20 days when considering 1,195 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Dropbox Rotation Program roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Dropbox according to 1,195 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 39.34%