Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dropbox

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

asked a tech question, the game of life, you can find it on leetcode. the interviewer is really friendly. and also discussed some companies' training process at the end when finishing the interview.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Interviewer asked me to create a program to find all the files with same content in a directory. He kept interrupting me with follow-up questions and didn't let me complete the code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Generally underwhelmed by the interview process. Multiple times the recruiter asked me to fill out different forms for the same information, or asked me via email to give him bits of info directly on my resume ("I'm just scheduling your final onsite, what university did you go to again?") that just made me feel like a cog in a machine, not an engineer in a streamlined hiring pipeline.

Got a sense that their culture was very slow and full of middle management. Not a good fit for me, maybe would be for someone older with a large family.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hugely complex, some basic algorithms assessments (leetcode easy) and some whiteboarding problems at the onsite.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The whole process was very smooth. All interviews were very nice and professional. They let you feel relaxed to solve the problems. I really enjoyed talking to them. The office is new and very nice. Cafetiere is awesome. I had two rounds of coding, one round system design, one round behavior, one round deep dive, and hiring manager round ended the day. The coding rounds are live coding with codepad. They also asked me to download a package and fix bugs.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Interview

I wish there was an interview process. They created the job posting with the description that exactly matches my skills and it's portrayed in my resume. They still rejected my application multiple times without even having a phone screen.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

The interviewer never allowed you to think and code. For every line he would jump in to point out the mistake, even before you can self verify and hand it over to him to check correctness. This totally stifles your thought process.

Interview Questions

• These are standard leetcode style problems   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter in two weeks. Arranged a phone screener interview and the recruiter called via phone number. I introduced myself first and then we went over my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (New York, NY).

Interview

I know this was a kmp question, but haven't reviewed that in forever, so I had to make do with writing out the n^2 solution.

The interviewer made me feel horrible, by remaining silent most of the time, and giving very little hints or guidance. This is by far the worst phone screen experience I ever had. In the end I got so frustrated I told him I will just end this early.

The thing that really threw me off was, this was done in coderpad, but they disabled code execution, and wanted me to talk about my "thinking process", because that was what they were looking for. I am sorry, but what is the point of using coderpad, if you aren't running the code at all? Also, "thinking process" is a very ambiguous thing to score someone on, especially if the interviewer hardly guides the conversation, and the interviewee is made to feel they are talking to a disembodied voice.

Interview Questions

• given filepath and a pattern, return whether pattern exists in the file given by filepath.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is a phone interview, and basically it focuses on a coding problem in Leetcode. After finishing the problem, there is a follow-up problem. After the discussion, the interviewer asked if I had any question.

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2020.

Interview

Online application, design challenge, portfolio review, phone interview with the recruiter, on-site interview with an hour long portfolio presentation, behavioral interview with a design manager, and chat with a product designer

Interview Questions

• Asked specific questions regarding the projects presented during portfolio review. Typical behavioral questions. It was more of a friendly conversation!   Answer Question

Web Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The initial interview with HR was professional and friendly. The interview with the hiring manager, however, was not a pleasant experience. The interviewer was unfriendly, didn't introduce herself or make any attempts to give a good first impression of Dropbox or her team. When I asked her questions about the role's potential upcoming projects, she replied that she wasn't at any liberty to discuss the actual work related to the role. I found her energy to be very demeaning and brusque. It felt like a one-sided math test, with no effort made into making me feel positive about the company or the role.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a budget that you've managed and how you determine the success of KPIs during one quarter.   Answer Question